Archive for the ‘Apartments’ Category
Wednesday, September 17th, 2014
Article source: Adriano Pimenta Architects
Its pre-existence allows dazzling a House classified by the Oporto City Hall, a garden and a vegetable garden. The house was converted into two apartments keeping its original features; the principal garden remained, in the vegetable garden two houses were built. The common garage relates all the elements to each other.
Image Courtesy © Arménio Teixeira
- Architects: Adriano Pimenta Architects & Octavio Queirós Architects
- Project: Kopke Condo
- Location: Porto, Portugal
- Photography: Arménio Teixeira
- Project coordinator: Paulo Morgado
- Project Assistants: Ana Ferreira, Carolina Salcedo and Maria Vasconcelos
- Client: Odlaca, Management and Real Estate Investments
- General Contractor: Cobelba SA
Wednesday, September 17th, 2014
Article source: Francesco Librizzi Studio
A very small apartment within a very “Milanese” building dated 1900. Two rooms plus a bath room, characterized by a narrow footprint compared to the quite high ceiling. Windows, doors, and above all the floor tiles, had finishes and materials survived to another century: something precious to save as a resource for the new inhabitants of this space.
Image Courtesy © Francesco Librizzi Studio
- Architects: Francesco Librizzi Studio
- Project: Casa C
- Location: Milan, Italy
- Photography: Giovanna Silva
- Software used: Rhinoceros, Autocad
- Design team: Francesco Librizzi, with Matilde Cassani
- Collaborators: Carolina Martinelli
- Structural engineering: Ing. Federico Santarosa
- Manufacturers (steel structures): Mario F23
- Client: Mr. G. C.
- Built area: 45 m² (gross)
- Cost: 25.000 €
- Design phase (beginning and ending month, year): january 2009 – april 2009
- Construction phase (beginning and ending month, year): september 2009 – january 2010
Tuesday, September 16th, 2014
Article source: Johan De Wachter Architects
JDWA project De Passerel in Apeldoorn has been completed. For care institution De Passerel we designed twenty new group homes for people with a mental disability. In September the residents will move in their new apartments and homes.
Image Courtesy © Johan De Wachter Architects
- Architects: Johan De Wachter Architects
- Project: De Passerel
- Location: Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
- Design team: Johan De Wachter, Marieke van Hensbergen, Kim van Den Hoven, Patricia Mata, Tiago Pinto de Carvalho
- Project type: Care and housing for twenty people with a mental disability
- Opdrachtgever: Housing corporation De Woonmensen & care institution De Passerel
- Contractor: Ter Steege Bouw
- Completed: Juli 2014
Friday, September 5th, 2014
Article source: Tony Owen Partners
The Longbeach Apartments are located in the centre of Brighton Le Sands in Sydney; a busy cosmopolitan, beachside suburb near the airport. The area has a busy street life filled with cafes and restaurants. The site enjoys panoramic views of the beach which is why the Longbeach Apartments contain 50 residential units with extensive balconies and a ground floor restaurant to enhances the existing cosmopolitan streetscape.
Image Courtesy © Tony Owen Partners
- Architects: Tony Owen Partners
- Project: Longbeach Apartments
- Location: Sydney
- Software used: Autocad, Maya, Rhino, 3-D studio
Friday, August 29th, 2014
Article source: Sergi Pons architects
It’s about an apartment renovation located in Les Corts neighborhood in Barcelona city, categorized circa the Nineteenth century. The owner, Yuna -from Japanese origin and settled in Spain- has twocats: Tau and Misha.
Image Courtesy © Adrià Goula
- Architects: Sergi Pons architects
- Project: Interior renovation of an apartment
- Location: Barcelona, Spain
- Photography: Adrià Goula
- Construction Company: GdR (Grup de reformes)
- Year of Project: 2014
Wednesday, August 27th, 2014
Article source: Mongkok Residence
Aedas designs a serviced apartment building in one of the most densely populated places on the planet
With a population density of 130,000 people per square kilometre, Mongkok, a neighborhood in Hong Kong, is one of the most densely populated places on the planet. Aedas was appointed to design a serviced apartment building in this hyper dense district, whose construction work commenced recently.
Image Courtesy © Aedas
- Architects: Aedas
- Project: Mongkok Residence
- Location: Hong Kong, China
- Project Design Director: Cary Lau
- Client: Good Standing (Hong Kong) Limited
- Site area: 614 square meters
- Gross floor area: 5,514 square meters
- Completion year: 2015
Wednesday, August 27th, 2014
Article source: nook architects
This project for an interior refurbishment arrived to us from the district of Sarrià-Sant Gervasi. Our client, a young woman with very clear ideas had a single premise for the project: The apartment was going to be just for her but it had to be thought after as a future family home.
Image Courtesy © nieve | Productora Audiovisual
- Architects: nook architects
- Project: MARIA & CUBÍ|apartment
- Location: Sarrià-Sant Gervasi, Barcelona
- Photography: nieve | Productora Audiovisual
- Software used: Autocad, Sketchup
- Surface: 115 m2
- Year: 2014
Friday, August 22nd, 2014
Article source: KOLENIK Eco Chic design
When Eco Chic design meets crafts man ship in lighting, beautiful things happen.
The collaboration between Robert Kolenikand Maretti took shape in an alluring design for the HQ of the worldwide renowned specialist in design lighting in Almere (NL).
Image Courtesy © KOLENIK Eco Chic design
Thursday, August 21st, 2014
Article source: Shatotto – Architecture for Green Living
This two-apartment block is “one of a kind” design by Shatotto responding to the new “building construction rules for Dhaka – 2006”. Such rules require a fifty percent mandatory free ground coverage and a maximum building height of 45.73 meter.
The agreement between the estate developer and the landowner has been to make two towers – one for the land owner and the other one for the developer. This sets off the first criteria of the design. The site facing two roads on the south and the west ensures the maximum day light round the year as well as intense wind flow during summer. since both the blocks are getting western daylight each day, protruded verandas and gardens evolved in the design to safeguard the window glasses to not let the heat seep inside the apartment.
Image Courtesy © Shatotto – Architecture for Green Living
- Architects: Shatotto – Architecture for Green Living
- Project: South 50/53 Apartments
- Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Type: Apartment
- Client: South Breeze Housing Ltd
- Site Area: 1483 sq.m
- Built Area: 9987 sq.m
Tuesday, August 19th, 2014
Article source: Arquitectura en Movimiento Workshop
Located in central Mumbai, our client builds a 6 story building, 2 for each apartment we simultaneously perform 3 interior design projects for 3 different clients, all from the same family; parents, (an older couple) and 2 families of young couples with children, each with different needs and personalities, this is how we address the same space with different distributions, each had a different reason on which interiors are designed, a concept far from typical housing in India, a space for living inside, contrasting with its urban context, with its social environment.
Image Courtesy © Bharath Ramamrutham.
- Architects: Arquitectura en Movimiento Workshop
- Project: SDM APARTMENT
- Location: Mumbai, India
- Photography: Bharath Ramamrutham
- Software used: Autocad, to draw the plans and modeling with sketch up but many of our design are hand made.