Archive for the ‘Apartments’ Category
Saturday, August 10th, 2013
Article source: Jorge Figueroa + Asociados
Fray León building is a small set of 9 apartments located in the area of San Damián, in the commune of Las Condes, in Santiago de Chile. The architectural proposal consists of breaking a body into small fragments that generate unique and identifiable volumes, without repetition and almost without modulation. We work in a way to generate identity and a sense belonging. Each apartment has its own particularity and characteristics.
Image Courtesy © Jorge Figueroa + Asociados
Tuesday, August 6th, 2013
Article source: Sorg Architects
In the early 1980’s the automotive company Maruti Suzuki catapulted Gurgaon from farming village to growing commercial sector, by locating large scale operations there. Lured by tax reforms and the proximity of Delhi International Airport, private firms and multi-national corporations began flocking to Gurgaon as the Indian markets opened up to global investment. One decade later the largely undeveloped land in Gurgaon appealed to developers as the need for a satellite city in Delhi’s expanding metropolitan area became increasingly apparent. Gurgaon has been nicknamed the ‘Millennium City’ and has seen an unparalleled period development that has significantly outpaced progress on infrastructure and municipal support structures.
Image Courtesy © Sorg Architects
- Architects: Sorg Architects
- Project: Skyon
- Location: Gurgaon, India
- Sustainable Strategies: MIXED-USE, MULTI-FAMILY, DEVELOPMENT DENSITY, COMMON GREEN, BUILDING INTEGRATED PV MOUNTED TOMULLIONSOFEXTERIORCURTAIN WALL, BALCONIES USED AS INTEGRATED SHADING, SHADING, SOLAR COLLECTION COMBINED, NATURAL VENTILATION, COMMUNITY CONNECTIVITY, LED LIGHTS
- Software used: Revit
Thursday, August 1st, 2013
Article source: Olalquiaga Arquitectos
The housing development in Vallecas is the main urban planning development in Madrid today. It is almost completely organised in a homogenous pattern of closed square blocks of 75 meters a side. The plot for the competition occupies three thirds of such a block.
Image Courtesy © Miguel de Guzmán
- Architects: Olalquiaga Arquitectos
- Project: Social Housing in Valleca´s Eco-boulevard
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Photography: Miguel de Guzmán, Olalquiaga Arquitectos
- Client: Empresa Municipal de la Vivienda y Suelo de Madrid (EMVS)
- Team: Javier Morales Luchena(arquitecto), Jesús Resino (maqueta), Luis Cristóbal (fotografía maqueta)
- Civil engineer: Arquing (Luis Casas)
- Mechanical engineer: JG Ingenieros (Emilio González Gaya, Julián Mingo,Roberto Fernándezy María Teresa Píriz)
- Quantity surveyor: Manuel LópezLara
- Installation “Yesterday i had a dream”: Lavadora creativa (Marta Mora y Mauro Bonillo.
- Colaborador: Alberto Billi
Sunday, July 21st, 2013
Article source: rh+ architecture
Location in the site
The situation of the plot at number 16 rue Riquet is exceptional: largely visible from the corner of Avenue de Flandre, it is very close to the Bassin de la Villette and has a length of 36 meters of frontage facing south with a depth varying from 18 to 22 meters. The building at the corner of Avenue de Flandre constructed at right angles as well as the small buildings with adjoining ground floors gives to the western corner of the plot a very valuable “faubourg” touch. On the other side of the same street, the large gable of number 14 allows the new building to be built upon. The whole of these characteristics bear a rich urban potential. Our project aims at making the most of it in the setting up and design of the new building
Image Courtesy © Luc Boegly
- Architects: rh+ architecture
- Project: Plein Soleil
- Location: Paris, France
- Photography: Luc Boegly
- Size: 2 760 m2
- Completion: 2012
Friday, July 19th, 2013
Article source: Tony Caro Architecture
This project spanned the challenging economic circumstances of the 2000 decade, and was subjected to a long development gestation and intermittent periods of prolonged inactivity. It challenged our perception of enduring architectural and aesthetic values in many ways.
Image Courtesy © Brett Boardman
- Architects: Tony Caro Architecture
- Project: Silk Apartments
- Location: Pyrmont, Australia
- Photography: Brett Boardman
- Client: Lend Lease
- GPS Coordinates: Latitude: 3352’5.84”S, Longitude: 15111’17.80”E
- Project Team: Tony Caro, Louise Chapman, Blair Young, Alex Koll, Jason Fraser, Katja Hempel, Nick Mittens, Simon Mather, Tony Camilleri, Rebecca Donoghue.
- Low Rise Documentation: Lend Lease Design
- Landscape: FJMT
- Structural: Robert Bird Group
Sunday, July 7th, 2013
Article source: Agence Bernard Bühler
The project involves the construction of 12 townhouses in Bordeaux. It is at the end of a narrow street, near the banks of the Garonne.
The houses are divided into two buildings. This allows both to sequenced the facade on the street and leave the possibility of having an access to the rear plots in anticipation of their future development.
The houses have each an individual entry and two parking spaces in the building. On the ground floor of all dwellings, are the parking, pantry and entrance. The other levels are organized in floor night (bedrooms, bathrooms) and floor of life (living room and kitchen).
Image Courtesy © VINCENT MONTHIERS
- Architects: Agence Bernard Bühler
- Project: 12 MAISON DE VILLE
- Location: RUE SURSON / BORDEAUX
- Photography: Vincent Monthiers, DESIREE CASTILLO
- Program : 12 maisons de ville en locatif social + parking en RDC
- Client : DOMOFRANCE
- Consulting engineers: ETBA (Béton) MATH ING. (thermique) EUROVRD (VRD)
- Energy performance of building: RT 2005
- Software used: Autocad
Saturday, July 6th, 2013
Article source: 3XA
29 sqm is a rather small space to live in. Therefore the priority of this makeover was to maximize the space and to create an independent bedroom. The ceiling at 3,7m didn’t allow the designer to create two equivalent levels, but it was possible to build a semi-mezzanine.
Image Courtesy © s.zajaczkowski
- Architects: 3XA
- Project: 29 sqm
- Location: Wroclaw, Poland
- Photography: s.zajaczkowski
- Designer: Ewa Czerny
- Area: 29 sqm
- Project year: 2012
Saturday, July 6th, 2013
Article source: Linazasoro Arquitectura
Urban dwelling project in a block which has been previously designed has been used as the starting point to apply different modifications aimed at reducing the rigidity and conventional appearance of the structure. The curved layout of the main façade or the reduction of the height of the ground-floor shops are some of the modifications.
Image Courtesy © Miguel de Guzmán
- Architects: Linazasoro Arquitectura
- Project: Apartments in Urban Galindo
- Location: Baracaldo, Spain
- Photography: Miguel de Guzmán
- Client: Vizcaína de Edificaciones, S.A.
- Collaborating: J. M. García, A. M. Montiel, H. Sebastián de Erice, R. Sánchez, I. Saloña
- Project: 2003-2005
- Built: 2005-2007
- Surface: 10.000 m2
Saturday, June 29th, 2013
Article source: MIRAG
This blockhouse is located in ‘La bonanova’ neighborhood in Barcelona. It stands out in the middle of a residential area thanks to its powerful facade made out of big white bricks. The composition of these pieces plays a big part in the image of the front of the building.
In this apartment building, we strived to obtain the maximum quality through a conscientious work in constructive details and well-finish interior and exterior surfaces.
Image of the building from Raset street, Image Courtesy © Jordi Surroca
- Architects: MIRAG
- Project: APARTMENT BUILDING
- Location: Raset Street, Barcelona
- Typology: New building: multi-floor residential building
- Authors: MIRAG Arquitectura i Gestió (Pau Millet & Xavier Ramoneda, architects)
- Year: 2007
- Developer: Immobiliaria AEDES
- Construction company: XEDEX S.A.
- Budget: 1.700.000 €
- Built surface: 820 m2
- Photographs: Jordi Surroca
Friday, June 28th, 2013
Article source: T2.a ARCHITECTS
Located in the south western part of the Hungarian capital of Budapest, Simplon_A was built as the residential part of a mixed-use development and has quickly become a colourful new piece of the neighbouring urban landscape.
Image Courtesy © Zsolt Batár
- Architects: T2.a ARCHITECTS
- Project: Simplon A
- Location: Budapest, Hungary
- Photography: Zsolt Batár
- Architects: Gábor Turányi, Bence Turányi
- Client: ING Real Estate Development Ltd.
- Project architects: Péter Márk, Dénes Regőczi
- Project team: Éva Pinczés, Levente Skultéti, László Nyitray