Archive for the ‘Apartments’ Category
Friday, August 5th, 2016
Article source: v2com
Situated on an undulating site in the deserts of Ras, Rajasthan, India, Studios 18 apartments are a part of an entire layout spread over 36 acres. With no buildings or development in the vicinity, this layout is being created for the working people of a new cement manufacturing plant that has commenced production nearby. Close to the site there is no existing development and there are four villages at a distance of 1 km from the site. Taking a cue from the organic layouts of the neighbouring villages near the site, the residential units are interspersed within the existing contours along organic streets that weave through the site.
WEST VIEW – F BLOCK, Image Courtesy © Vinesh Gandhi
Friday, August 5th, 2016
Article source: Fo4a Architecture
Two Deluxe rooms, named “Clouds” (Cloud 9 and Cloud 11), are located in the Old Town of Dubrovnik nereby the main street known as Stradun or Placa surrounded by the Walls of Dubrovnik.
The facility with total area of 43 square meters, originally dated from 17th century, is devastated and in poor condition and needs to be entirely renovated. The new design transfroms the facility into two Deluxe rooms with total floor area of 50 square meters using as basic inspiration segments of the city of Dubrovnik.
Image Courtesy © Fo4a architecture
- Architects: Fo4a Architecture
- Project: Clouds
- Location: Stradun – Dubrovnik, Croatia
- Designed by: Armin Mešić dipl.ing.arh. and Nihad Velić dipl.oec
- Total floor area: 50 sqm
- Project year: 2015
Thursday, August 4th, 2016
Article source: Concrete
Smart use of space
All Urby apartments feel larger than they are as a result of smart use of the available space. Despite being compact, the units are built with an optimal flow and spatial balance in mind. Sliding doors between connecting spaces let residents fully open up the apartment and experience its full size and sense of space. All apartments boast windows across the full width of the units. Combined with a straightforward design and use of light colours, the large windows bring daylight and a sense of spaciousness deep into the apartments, while at the same time offering panoramic views.
Image Courtesy © Ewout Huibers
- Architects: Concrete
- Project: Urby staten island
- Location: Navy Pier Court, Staten Island, New York – USA
- Photography: Ewout Huibers, Jody Kivort
- Client: ironstate development, hoboken, USA
- Concept: ironstate (david barry) and concrete
- Start design: 2011
- Opening: July 2016
Wednesday, August 3rd, 2016
Article source: Studio Fuksas
The building is located in the centre of the city of Mainz. The façade looks towards a historical pedestrian square and towards the milestone of the city, the Mainzer Dom (Mainz Cathedral), built in the X century. Alongside there is a shopping centre, built in 1970.
Like many other European city centres, this important location has been compromised by thoughtless projects dating back to the mid-20th-century and post-war reparation work. Nothing is authentic (even the historical buildings are almost all reconstructed). Nevertheless, the principle of conservation prevailed, so the city centre has become an eclectic mix, synonym for beauty.
Image Courtesy © Moreno Maggi
- Architects: Studio Fuksas (Massimiliano and doriana fuksas)
- Project: Mainz Markthäuser 11-13
- Location: Mainz, Germany
- Photography: Moreno Maggi
- Client: Wohnbau mainz gmbh
- Façade structures: knippers helbig beratende ingenieure
- Structures: baucon beratende ingenieure
- Plans: hl-pp consult
- Engineering: ibb lorenz
- Electrical services: b.i.g. Bechtolding
- Area: 9,000sq.m.
- Period: 2003-2008
Wednesday, August 3rd, 2016
Article source: idA buehrer wuest architekten sia ag
The living and business house was built in 1893 and accommodates six 3.5-room apartments, an art gallery in the ground floor and a motorcycle workshop in the basement.
The dwelling levels are fully refurbished. The formerly North and street orientated living-/dining room is now facing the quiet south. The floor plan, which was divided into small sections with entrée, bathroom and kitchen, is now dissolved. A new infrastructure box with bathroom and kitchen is added and is spliting the loft like room in entrance, living and dining area.
Image Courtesy © Valentin Jeck
- Architects: idA buehrer wuest architekten sia ag
- Project: BSZ . Reconstruction of a Townhouse with New Steel Balconies
- Location: Zürich, Switzerland
- Photography: Valentin Jeck
- Steelconstruction: Tuchschmid AG
- Completion: 2016
Tuesday, August 2nd, 2016
Article source: Atelier Mearc
Early architecture was built maybe merely to accommodate people. As time changes, city breath permeates into architecture and stamps them with urbanization. Just like the old residential buildings in shanghai.
Image Courtesy © Lu Haha
- Architects: Atelier Mearc
- Project: Apartment 37
- Location: Shanghai, China
- Photography: Lu Haha
- Software used: AutoCAD, SketchUp, and Adobe InDesign
- Architect in charge: Zhou Wei
- Design team: Xu Xiwen, Du Mili
- Area: 37 sqm
- Project Year: 2015
- Complete Time: 2016
Saturday, July 30th, 2016
Article source: Egue y Seta
There are those who travel to escape and those who do it to meet again. Those who gather with family for vacation thousands of kilometers away from home and those who like to host even when in a foreign country. For customers like them we have created ” Suite for 10 ” a privately owned residence designed to accommodate a family of ten used to vacation ” in style” , combining the comfort of the best “urban chic” hotels with the flexibility of one´s own home. It is finally time to say goodbye to suppletory beds and undercounter fridges!
Image Courtesy © VICUGO FOTO
- Architects: Egue y Seta (Daniel Pérez, Felipe Araujo, Gaia Trotta, Szymon Keller and Covadonga Díaz)
- Project: Suite for Ten
- Location: Eixample, Barcelona, Spain
- Photography: VICUGO FOTO
- Decoration: Egue y Seta in collaboration with Camila e Mariana Lellis
- Woodworks: Disseny9Evo
- Area: 172m2
- Completed date: 2016
Wednesday, July 27th, 2016
Article source: LPzR architetti associati
The building is located in Milan (Italy), close to a well known shopping district.
It is a typical sixties warehouse, placed in a courtyard.
The project is about the complete restyling and refurbishing of the ground floor of the building.
Image Courtesy © Chiara Pranzo-Zaccaria, Gabriele Pranzo-Zaccaria
- Architects: LPzR architetti associati
- Project: Light Loft
- Location: via Marghera 32 – Milano, Italy
- Photography: Chiara Pranzo-Zaccaria, Gabriele Pranzo-Zaccaria
- Software used: AutoCAD and Rhinoceros
- Client: MD Group
- Head designer: Gabriele Pranzo-Zaccaria (LPzR architetti associati)
- Design group: Gabriele Pranzo-Zaccaria, Federico Reyneri, Chiara Pranzo-Zaccaria, Luca Gobbo
- Construction supervisor: Gabriele Pranzo-Zaccaria
- Structural engineering: Nicola Boreatti
- Main contractor: NICA costruzioni s.r.l.
- Consistenza: 5 apartments
- Gross area: 500 mq
- Completion date: 2006 – 2009
Sunday, July 24th, 2016
Article source: B² Architecture
The reconstruction of the apartment from the begining of 20th century is located in the Old town in Prague.
The main idea of the design is to brighten the space by using white materials.
Image Courtesy © Alexandra Timpau
- Architects: B² Architecture (Barbara Bencova)
- Project: White Apartement
- Location: Prague, Czech Republic
- Photography: Alexandra Timpau
Thursday, July 21st, 2016
Article source: Zaha Hadid Architects
Located on the Western boundary of Melbourne’s Central Business District, at the nexus between Collins Street and the Docklands, 600 Collins Street is within an area of the city that is evolving into a new precinct in its own right. Melbourne’s renowned cultural attractions, festivals and community events contribute to the city’s listing as ‘the most liveable city in the world’.
Image Courtesy © VA, Zaha Hadid Architects
- Architects: Zaha Hadid Architects
- Project: 600 Collins Street
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
- Visualizations: VA
- Design: Zaha Hadid and Patrik Schumacher
- ZHA Director: Gianluca Racana
- ZHA Project Director: Michele Pasca di Magliano
- ZHA Project Architect: Juan Camilo Mogollon
- Local Architect: PLUS Architecture
- Structural Engineering: Robert Bird Group
- Building Services Engineering and Sustainability: ADP Consulting
- Planning Consultant: URBIS
- Quantity Surveyor: WT Partnership
- Building Surveyor: PLP
- Acoustics: Acoustic Logic