Archive for the ‘ArchiCAD’ Category
Wednesday, May 1st, 2013
Article source: Patxi Cortazar
The plot is located at the historic centre of Vitoria-Gasteiz, near to Santa María Cathedral, at the corner of this “Canton” and Txikita Street. The project is made by petition of the homeowners’ association. The original building, and unclassified 19th century building, is demolished because of its state of ruin. The ordinance of new construction defines in an exhaustive way the standards of the new shape, that requires the reduction of its occupation to leave available the continuity of its inside pipe. Thus, the new building is separated from the bowling alley located at the high part of the Cantón of Santa María.
Image Courtesy © César San Millán
- Architects: Patxi Cortazar
- Project: 4 Dwellings in Cantón of Santa María
- Location: Vitoria-Gasteiz, Spain
- Photography: César San Millán
- Date: 2009-2011
- Architectural Technologist: José Ramón Hurtado Mendoza
- Developer: Homeowners’ association
- Building company: Nasipa S.L.
- Surface: 368,70 m2
- Software used: Autocad, Archicad and Sketchup.
Sunday, April 28th, 2013
Article source: Studio MWA
“Beautiful” – Bach (holiday home) in New Zealand’s Marlborough Sounds at Bay of Many Coves . Quite often at the start of the Design process, after we have had a chance to talk to the client and experience the site for the first time, you ask yourself should we do anything to the existing site, or should the beautiful natural environment remain as it is?
Image Courtesy © Ivor Earp – Jones
- Architects: Studio MWA
- Project: Purotu Bach
- Location: Marlborough Sounds – Bay of Many Coves (Miritu Bay), New Zealand
- Photography: Ivor Earp – Jones
- Client: Withheld
- Type: New holiday home – Bach
- Size: Total site area 4611 m2, Interior floor area 165 m2, deck – terrace area over 180 m2, covered outdoor area 52 m2 and under bach storage area 125 m2.
- Author Of The Project: Davor Mikulcic Dipl. Eng. Arch. (Sarajevo) RAIA, ANZIA
- Structural Engineer: Meyers & Associates Ltd.
- Project Team: Michael Maddern and Davor Mikulcic
- Status: Project completed
- Software used: ArchiCAD software in combination with Artlantis studio (renderings and animations)
Thursday, April 25th, 2013
Article source: 3LHD architects
Image courtesy 3LHD architects
- Architects: 3LHD architects
- Project: Ski Reastaurant Radusa
- Location: Gornji Vakuf-Uskoplje, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Geo location: 34°52’54” N, 17°29’9” E
- Type: commission
- Program: public, leisure
- Status: under construction
- Project start date: 07.06.2010.
- Project end date: 16.09.2011.
- Construction start date: 02.08.2010.
- Construction end date: 28.10.2011.
- Size (m2): 420
- Volume (m3): 1400
- Footprint (m2): 820
- Level (m): 1705.00
- Client: Tom d.o.o.
- Software used: The project was drawn in AutoCAD, and the 3D models for presentation to the clients were made in ArchiCAD.
Thursday, April 4th, 2013
Article source: J. Mayer H. Architects
The new house is on a plot of land near Stuttgart, on a hillside with a generous view of the valley. The owners wanted a new home that would bring this view to life even inside of the building. The house is in a residential area with conventional developments, most of which date from the 1960s.
Image Courtesy © David Franck
- Architects: J. Mayer H. Architects
- Project: OLS House
- Location: Stuttgart, Germany
- Photography: David Franck
- Team: Juergen Mayer H., Marcus Blum (Project Architect), Sebastian Finckh, Paul Angelier, Hugo Reis, Julian Blümle
- Project: 2009-2011
- Completion: September 2011
- Client: Private
- Architect on Site: AB Wiesler + Michael Gruber, Stuttgart
- Structural Engineer: Gunter Kopp, Leutenbach/ Nellmersbach
- Service Engineers: IB Funk und Partner, Leutenbach
- Building Physics: Kurz&Fischer GmbH, Winnenden
- Function: Private House, near Stuttgart, Germany
- Site area: 891 m2
- Building area: 306 m2
- Total floor area: 488 m2
- Number of floors: 3
- Height of the building: 10,43 m
- Structure: reinforced concrete, brick, roof: steel
- Principal exterior material: EIFS, glass, zinc, rooftiles
- Principal interior material: wood, plasterboard, creative floor
- Designing period: 08/09 – 04/10
- Construction period: 04/10 – 09/11
- Software used: ArchiCAD
Tuesday, March 26th, 2013
Article source: Strachan Group Architects
Sited in Auckland’s inner city suburb of Parnell, the Nikau House is the first of a newly developed subdivision; the conception of private and responsive spaces for the client, a semi-retired couple was essential for conceived future conditions as well as ensuring that existing aspects of the site were acknowledged.
Image Courtesy © Jackie Meiring
- Architects: Strachan Group Architects
- Project: Nikau House
- Location: Parnell, Auckland
- Photography: Jackie Meiring
- Project team: Dave Strachan; Pat de Pont; Jessica Knight
- Consultants Engineer: Thorne Dwyer Structures
- Builder: Dave McGillivray Builders
- External walls: Hermpac randomised yellow cedar board and batten; Colorcote Metallic Gunmetal cladding
- Internal walls: Gib®
- Flooring: Blonde Victorian Ash; Mobile Ceramics tiles and carpet
- Windows and doors: Altherm, Whangarei anodised aluminium joinery
Ceiling: Blonde Victorian Ash; Gib®
- Roofing: Colorcote Metallic Gunmetal
- Kitchen: Blonde Victorian Ash; Caesarstone and stainless steel benchtops
Bathroom: Villeroy & Boch basins and toilets, Grohe tapware, Victoria & Albert bath
- Lighting: SGA / various
- Design and planning: 12 Months
- Construction: 12 Months
- Site size: 457m2
- Building area: 230m2
- Software used: ArchiCAD on iMAC
Friday, March 15th, 2013
Article source: za bor architects
The client, Yandex corporation, wanted to see this project as an office which would complement the already existing offices of the company located in Benois Business Centre. Accordingly, it is the second stage of offices on the 5th floor which was completed in 2012, and the first office on the 4th floor which was introduced into service in 2008. The mentioned office is located on the 4th floor, and the task was to connect it with the first stage office which has been in operation for a long time already.
Image Courtesy © NPS Tchoban Voss
- Architects: za bor architects
- Project: Yandex Saint Petersburg 3
- Location: Saint Petersburg, Russia
- Photography: NPS Tchoban Voss & Stas Medvedev
- Architecture: Peter Zaytsev and Arseniy Borisenko / za bor architects
- Planning: 02.2012 – 03.2012
- Construction: 05.2012 – 09.2012
- Floor: Armstrong, InterfaceFlor.
- Furniture: Herman Miller, Walter Knoll
- Software used: ArchiCAD, 3dS Max
Tuesday, March 5th, 2013
Article source: R2K Architectes
The building is located in Limeil-Brevannes, near Paris. It Consists of three preschools and elementary schools of two. As the method of commissioning was used so called “design-build” system, Where the competition offers teams Both the building and all planes are fixed price. Beside schools, an apartment building of social housing flats of 46 was included to the competition program. Time for the competition was one month. The decision for the winner was made in April 2011 and the inauguration of the building was Held 18 months later. The building of the apartment building next starts in April.
Image Courtesy © Jussi Tiainen
- Architects: R2K Architectes
- Project: Groupe Scolaire Pasteur
- Location: Limeil-Brevannes, France
- Photography: Jussi Tiainen
- Software used: ArchiCAD
Tuesday, February 26th, 2013
Article source: Atelier d’Architecture Laurent Tournié
The center is a place of care, sharing and coordination of various activities for supporting and relieving handicapped children and their families in the Cahors area. Located on the left bank of the Lot, The “Terre Rouge” district gradually slopes towards the river. A complicated underground where clays and big limestone blocks resist to geometry.
Image Courtesy Atelier d’Architecture Laurent Tournié
- Architects: Atelier d’Architecture Laurent Tournié
- Project: Daycare Center for Disabled Children
- Location: Cahors, France
- Program: Daycare activity areas – office and administrative area – interior pool – 34 parking spaces (17 underground)
- Client: APAJH – Lot (Association pour Adultes et Jeunes Handicapés du Lot)
- Associated Architect: F. Martinez
- Assistants Architects: S. Nichele, A Tajerrashti
- Collaborators: J.Avignon, P.J.Artins, Y.Chereau, I.Roig, N.Arnal
- Engineers: IES
- Area: 1,390 sqm
- Year: 2011
- Software used: ArchiCAD and Adobe CS5
Friday, February 22nd, 2013
Article source: 2L Atelier Arquitectos
With the purpose in re-qualifying an old building belonging to a derelict industrial area, this project proposes a new concept for a banking branch by presenting an innovative attendance desk design that leads to a new and fresh appearance, language and workplace blueprint, without losing the institution’s identity. This new image needs to be cohesive, simple in its form, identifiable from other institution’s branches, communicative and friendly.
Image Courtesy © Joao Morgado – Architecture Photography
- Architects: 2L Atelier Arquitectos
- Project: Banking Branch in Leiria
- Location: Leiria, Portugal
- Photography: Joao Morgado – Architecture Photography
- Architect: eduardo rodrigues
- Collaborators :carlos lagoa
- Engineering: id2p, engenharia lda.
- Client: Caixa de Credito de Leiria
- Software used: ArchiCAD
Thursday, February 21st, 2013
Article source: Architects Rudanko + Kankkunen
Architects Rudanko + Kankkunen Ltd. has designed a future school concept for Aurinkokivi area in Vantaa, Finland. The design was awarded in the architectural competition for its inspiring architecture and child-friendly spaces. The City of Vantaa announced the results of Aurinkokivi school design competition on 14.2.2013. Architects Rudanko + Kankkunen was awarded a purchase prize with the entry “Tivoli”.
Image Courtesy Architects Rudanko + Kankkunen
- Architects: Architects Rudanko + Kankkunen
- Project: Aurinkokivi School Competition
- Location: Vantaa, Finland
- Year: 2012-13
- Use: School, kindergarten and nursery
- Floor area: 9000 m2
- Software used: Archicad and Rhino