Archive for the ‘Auditorium’ Category
Thursday, January 11th, 2018
Article source: Linazasoro & Sánchez Architecture
This is a very complex project due to its extensive program and its location in the very historical center of the city of Troyes. The program consists of offices, a state committee plenary hall, a multipurpose room, other smaller committee rooms, and an 800-seat auditorium linked to the congress center area.
Image Courtesy © Roland Halbe
- Architects: Linazasoro & Sánchez Architecture
- Project: Congress Center in Troyes
- Location: Troyes, France
- Photography: Javier Callejas Sevilla, Roland Halbe
- Client: Conseil Général de l’Aube
- Gross usable floor space: aprox. 8500 m2
- Lot size: 5800 m2
- Competition (year): 2008
- Start of work: September 2011
- Completion of work: October 2014
Wednesday, January 3rd, 2018
Article source: ALA Architects
Dipoli, the listed iconic and experimental student union building of Helsinki University of Technology designed by Raili and Reima Pietilä and completed in 1966 has gone through a complete renovation and gotten a new life as the main building of Aalto University. The building reopened for fall semester 2017.
Image Courtesy © Tuomas Uusheimo
- Architects: ALA Architects
- Project: Aalto University Main Building
- Location: Otakaari 24, Espoo, Finland
- Photography: Tuomas Uusheimo, Marc Goodwin
- Software used: Autocad
- Client: Aalto University Properties
- Team: ALA partners Juho Grönholm, Antti Nousjoki, Janne Teräsvirta and Samuli Woolston with Toni Laurila, Pekka Sivula, Simo Nuojua, Lotta Kindberg, Tiina Liisa Juuti, Marlène Oberli-Räihä, Mirja SIllanpää and Sari Vesanen
- Collaborators: Workspace (office space concept), Creadesign (service design), Kristo Vesikansa (conservation), Ramboll Finland (building services engineering), Palotekninen insinööritoimisto Markku Kauriala (fire safety), Vahanen Group (structural design), Tuuli Sotamaa (interior design), Helimaki Acoustics (acoustics design), Suurkeittiö-Insinööritoimisto Rita Pulli (kitchen design), NCC Building (main contractor)
- Status: Completed, the building re-opened for fall semester 2017
Tuesday, December 19th, 2017
Article source: Paulo Brazil Arquitetura
The architectonic project for the Klabin Research, Development and Innovation Center, installed near to the main entrance of Vila Harmonia, Telêmaco Borba, PR, has as guide line, the integration of the architecural ensemble to the surrounding landscape, a quite and pleasant space, especially chosen by the Managers Fabio Schvartsman and Francisco Cesar Razzolini. The area is right in the middle of the generous woods that define the compact green belt around the Unity Klabin Monte Alegre, defined and opened in the forties (1940), for the production of quality paper in total respect to the evironment.
Image Courtesy © Pedro Kok
- Architects: Paulo Brazil Arquitetura
- Project: P&D+I KLABIN Center
- Location: Monte Alegre, Telêmaco Borba, Paraná State, Brazil
- Photography: Pedro Kok
- Colaborators Architects: Luiza Garry Leptich, Carlos Eduardo Valbusa, Elisa Relva Basso, Marco Antônio D’Delia, Ricardo Marmorato, Laís Oliveira Xavier, Bianca Dunder.
- Area: 15.000m2
- Main Building: 3.006m2
- Beginning: September, 2015
- Conclusion: May, 2017
Friday, December 15th, 2017
Article source: TETRARC
Combining business, cultural and leisure activities on a single site, the Haute Saintonge Congress Centre complements the range of existing facilities and represents a unique catalyst for dynamic development, both for the municipality and for all of Haute Saintonge.
Created as a follow-up project to the “Les Antilles” aquatic complex which opened in 2002, a creation of Dutch architects Roelof and Nannie Hendricks, the Centre has to fulfil a number of requirements • express the dynamic nature of the region, • underline the exceptional character of a major public facility, • make use of its architectural style to represent the type of facility that is used (and will be used for decades to come) by managers of companies and organisations who choose to meet there, and • acquire a distinctive personality of its own without rivalling the iconic image of Les Antilles.
Image Courtesy © Charly Broyez
- Architects: TETRARC
- Project: Congress Center of The Haute Saintonge
- Location: Bordeaux, France
- Photography: Charly Broyez, CDCHS Véronique Sabadel
- Architect project director: Michel Bertreux & Daniel Caud
- Project manager: Rémi Tymen
- Project assistant: Timothé Naux, Matthieu Blanche, Silvia Fioravanti, Maïlys Le Crom
- cost: 13,5 M€ HT
Friday, November 3rd, 2017
Article source: v2com
HGA San Francisco, one of San Francisco’s premier full-service architecture firms specializing in workplace environments, is pleased to announce its completion of RealPage Dallas. Considered the nation’s leading property-management software company, RealPage has experienced exponential growth since launching in 1998. In response, the fast-growing company consolidated its Dallas, Texas headquarters—previously composed of four disparate locations—under one 400,000 square-foot roof.
The RealPage headquarters main lobby features a double helix staircase – a unifying element that visually and physically connects the building’s four floors, Image Courtesy © Benny Chan Photography
- Architects: HGA San Francisco
- Project: Unveils RealPage Headquarters
- Location: Dallas, Texas, United States
- Photography: Benny Chan Photography
- Software used: Revit
- Contractor: Structure Tone Southwest, Inc. (Low-rise); Scott and Reid (High-rise)
Wednesday, October 25th, 2017
Article source: Architects NRT Ltd
The former main building of the Helsinki University of Technology took on a new role when three universities were merged as Aalto University in 2010. The Otaniemi Campus designed by Alvar Aalto was chosen as the shared home of the Aalto Schools of Engineering, Business and
Arts & Design.
Image Courtesy © Tuomas Uusheimo
- Architects: Architects NRT Ltd
- Project: Aalto University, Otakaari 1
- Location: Otakaari 1, 02100 ESPOO, Helsinki, Finland
- Photography: Tuomas Uusheimo
- Software used: ArchiCAD versios 13-16 and we also used several other programs for text editing, listings, and layouts.
- Detailed information: Former TKK main building Original design by Alvar Aalto 1964 Phase 2-4 renovation
- Client/Contractor: Aalto University Properties Ltd.
- Project acquisition method: Bidding competition 2009
Tuesday, October 3rd, 2017
Article source: Schiavello Architects Office
Brazil: a new area of the Harbour of Navegantes inaugurated by the young Italian Studio \”Schiavello Architects Office\” and its Brazilian partner \”Canhadas Bottarelli Arquitetura\”
The \”Portonave\” Company has opened a new area of the Harbour of Navegantes, in Brazil, one of the nation’s largest private commercial ports owned by the Company itself. The Project of expansion, taking its name from the abovementioned Company, has been planned by the \”Schiavello Architects Office\” and the \”Canhadas Bottarelli Arquitetura\” studios.
Image Courtesy © Schiavello Architects Office
- Architects: Schiavello Architects Office (Francesco Schiavello, Sabina Bottarelli, Marina Canhadas )
- Project: Portonave auditorium
- Location: Navegantes, Brazil
- Client: Portonave S/A – Terminais Portuários de Navegantes
- Area: 6000 mq
- Building construction: 2016/2017
Sunday, September 17th, 2017
Article source: El Equipo de Mazzanti
The comprehension of a metropolitan scale is fundamental at the moment of thinking in an integral architectonical answer. More than solving a need for the expansion of the hospital, the project should commit to solve more of what it is requested, taking advantage of the good location of the intervention area. The project is located in a place in the city where two of the main avenues: 9th and 7th avenue almost connect. Our proposal looks forward to be a diagonal connector and work as a catalyzer for new flows, activities and human relationships.
Image Courtesy © Andres Valbuena
- Architects: El Equipo de Mazzanti (Giancarlo Mazzanti, Sebastián Negret, Fredy Fortich, Alberto Aranda, Felipe Pombo, Rocío Lamprea)
- Project: Fundación Santa Fe de Bogotá Enlargement
- Location: Bogotá, Colombia
- Photography: Andres Valbuena, Alejandro Arango, Fredy Fortich
- Production and Photographic Coordination: Mariana Bravo, Fredy Fortich
- Furniture for Photography: Kassani Diseño – Colombia, Crusardi Contract; Bogota Colombia. Representatives BoConcept, Kare, Kusch, Tribù Ekomedia S.A.S. (Renders). Rolformados S.A.S. (Consulting and building facade)
- Architects Designer: Get There Wrong
- Structural Engineer:
- CNI: Nicolas Parra
- PYP: Rafael Palomino
Friday, July 21st, 2017
Article source: selgascano
El “B” is this long construction, a body, that feeds on the heritage -the continuity- of a site’s treatment: THE Cartagena harbour, which is nothing but a harbour in Cartagena, borderline of the city from the sea.
A very pleasant walk can be designed for the city along this strip, a daily procession following the immutable edge. In fact, this promenade is what we encourage; it is what we insert in the building, in a dimensional continuum that seems to dig out an artificial beach, but is actually a continuity of history, because the old El Batel beach was right here, on this very spot. The harbour is artificial, not the beach. This reclaimed beach-ramp gradually submerges us below the waterline, with the pier’s horizontal line as a constant reference. At this point we cease to belong to the outside world and start to belong to ourselves, ourselves in movement, ourselves strolling, working on the 210 metre scale reserved site for ourselves.
Image Courtesy © Iwan Baan
- Architects: selgascano
- Project: El Batel Auditorium and Conference center
- Location: Cartagena, Spain
- Photography: Iwan Baan
- Head Architects: José Selgas (Madrid 1965), Lucía Cano (Madrid 1965)
- Assistant Architects: Lara Resco, Carlos Chacón, José de Villar, José Jaráiz, Lorena del Río, Blas Antón, Miguel San Millán, Julián Fernández, Beatriz Quintana, Jaehoon Yook, Jeongwoo Choi, Laura Culiáñez, Bárbara Bardín
- Surveyors: Antonio Marmol, Joaquín Cárceles, Raúl Jiménez
- Consultants: FECHOR (structures), JG installations (equipment), LASTRA-ZORRILLA (textile facades), Polimertecnic (translucent facades)
Sunday, July 16th, 2017
Article source: The Architectural Design and Research Institute of Harbin Institute of Technology
Zhengzhou Grand Theater, being the east part of city axis, is located in Zhengzhou Culture District as the best palace of performing arts in the Central Plains, will highlight the art of movement, and manifest the axis status of Zhengzhou in the Chinese culture with an architectural image unique to the Central Plains.
The architectural design concept of this project is: Yellow River Raving, A Dragon Wakes Up in Central China.
Image Courtesy © The Architectural Design and Research Institute of Harbin Institute of Technology
- Architects: The Architectural Design and Research Institute of Harbin Institute of Technology
- Project: Zhengzhou Grand Theater
- Location: Zhengzhou Culture District, Zhengzhou City, Henan Province, China
- Principle architect: Hongyuan Mei
- Scale: Around124, 000m²
- Total land area: 36219m²
- Total construction area: 96,941m²
- Volume rate: 1.48
- Design period: June 2015 to February 2017
- Completion: End of 2019
- Project status: Under construction