Archive for the ‘Autocad’ Category
Tuesday, April 12th, 2016
Article source: OfAA– Office For Appropriate Architecture
‘Suitable Farmhouse’ is a villa for a mid 40 year old couple who decided to return to their hometown to live with their 80 year-old mother. The villa is intended to provide two individual households under one roof because each party has been upholding their own lifestyles for a long time. Two main private spaces are designed as two independent studios and they are located in opposite corners of the house. The mother has an active lifestyle, where she frequently comes and goes, while the couple is more introverted and reclusive, preferring to stay home, cook, and watch movies. The mother enjoys spending the majority of her time tending to the garden, while the couple enjoys inviting guests with whom to cook and entertain. These two varying sets of influence help to shape the design of this farmhouse.
Image Courtesy © HyoChel Hwang
- Architects: OfAA – Office For Appropriate Architecture (Zooyoun Yoon)
- Project: Suitable Farmhouse
- Location: Chungyang-gun,Chungnam,South Korea
- Photography: HyoChel Hwang
- Software used: Vray, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe
- Structure: Base – concrete mat, wood structure
- Exterior Finish: Stucco Flex
- Interior Finish: Silk wall paper, wood flooring
- Landscape Consulation: Janghum Kim
- Contruction: EDENHEiM Contruction Inc.
- Site Area: 1,702 m2
- Building Area: 97.65 sqm (house) 33.96 sqm (garage)
- Gross Floor Area: 131.61 sqm
- Height: 3m (1F, attic)
- Project Year: 2015
Tuesday, April 12th, 2016
Article source: Longo + Roldán Arquitectos
The peculiar topography of the site, its orientation and mountain views of Cuera are the starting points in the design of an artist´s residence/studio + countryside bed&breakfast in the Asturian population La Pereda, in the village of Llanes, Spain. The project takes advantage of a loophole in the law -which requires regional build-pitched roofs of curved ceramic tile- to propose a building that looks forward the integration into the natural beauty of the area more than in the built environment that surrounds it. To reach a level that will optimize the views of the mountains and the forest surrounding the plot, the action takes place in the northern part of the site. The existing hill there is removed to play with a single green roof that shelters the different uses, thereby diluting the boundaries between the natural and the built in a game between the tectonic and estereotomic that refers to the land-art interventions. A curved stone wall leads from the main road and back into the building and gains altitude to become the load bearing wall that supports the concrete deck, while separates the residence/studio area, for the artist private use, from the small b&b open to the public. This central wall, massive and forceful to ensure the privacy of both functions, contrast to the facades oriented to the north and south in the housing area and to the east in the b&b, much lighter and visually permeable, to enhance the views. The cover in continuity with the ground not only integrates the building into the environment and minimizes the height above the ground naturally, but also alows to maximize energy savings.
Image Courtesy © Marcos Morilla
- Architects: Longo + Roldán Arquitectos
- Project: CAEaCLAVELES
- Location: La Pereda, Llanes, Asturias, Spain
- Photography: Marcos Morilla
- Software used: Autocad
- Client: Emma Fernández Granada
- Site Area: 7.827 m2
- Building Area: 484,40 m2
- Design Period: 2005/2006
- Construction Period: 2007/2011
Sunday, April 10th, 2016
Article source: arqflores
This house is located in the city of Riyadh, in the heart of Saudi Arabia.
The design of this villa is a contemporary blend of Mexican and Arabic cultures, where knowledge of local traditions, materials, textures, mexican colors, as well as the knowledge of some methods of the building area were important for their development and termination.
Image Courtesy © arqflores
- Architects: arqflores (arqflores is: Juan Carlos Flores)
- Project: Riyadh House
- Location: Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Discipline: Architecture
- Program: Private Houses
- Interior design: Jorge Rubio
- Contractor: Professionals House, Jeddah, KSA
- Gross External Area: 1382m2
- Construction year: 2014
- Software used: AutoCAD, SketchUp
Saturday, April 9th, 2016
Article source: Fraser Brown MacKenna Architects
Fraser Brown MacKenna Architects designed a classroom suite for Carshalton Boys Sports College in South London. The building is clad in perforated and solid Cor-ten panels and utilised off-site manufacture to meet programme, budget, and sustainability requirements.
Image Courtesy © Tim Crocker
- Architects: Fraser Brown MacKenna Architects
- Project: Carshalton Boys Sports College
- Location: London Borough of Sutton, England
- Photography: Tim Crocker
- Software used: Autocad, Sketchup, 3D Studio Max
- Client: Carshalton Boys Sports College
- M&E/ Sustainabilty Engineer: XCO2
- Planning Consultant: ADN Planning
- Cost Consultant: Burnley Wilson Fish
- Main Contractor: Charter Construction PLC
- Arboricultural consultant: Clive Fowler Associates
- Area: 775sqm
- Year: 2013
Friday, April 8th, 2016
Article source: Bergmeisterwolf architekten
Architecture is a project of development; it’s about inquiring, exploring new ground, about experimentation. It’s working with the landscape, trying to find integration with the material, with proportions. It’s about understanding pictures, their impacts and coloring. For us this process starts from the context and is culturally determined.
Image Courtesy © Lukas Schaller
- Architects: Bergmeisterwolf architekten
- Project: Embedded köfererhof
- Location: Novacella, Italy
- Photography: Lukas Schaller
- Software used: Rhino3d and Autocad
Wednesday, April 6th, 2016
Article source: nomade architettura
The plan of this great Penthouse on top of a Building located in the Center of Berlin, next to the Tiergarten looks like the prow of a ship, the apartment privileged location offers a breathtaking view of the city from all the rooms.
The terrace that provides a lot of sunlight is a natural extension of the living area which is the focal point of the entire house.
Image Courtesy © nomade architettura
- Architects: nomade architettura
- Project: PENTHOUSE
- Location: Berlin, Germany
- Software used: Autocad and vector graphic
- Year: 2015
Wednesday, April 6th, 2016
Article source: MEIUS ARQUITETURA and Estudio Arquitetura
Located in the Colégio Batista neighborhood, in Belo Horizonte, MG, Residencial Zider is a project of critical response to demand from depleting the constructive potential in a lot of non usual proportions.
Image Courtesy © Bel Diniz
- Architects: MEIUS ARQUITETURA and Estudio Arquitetura
- Project: Zider Dwellings
- Location: Itauna Street, number 452, Forest neighborhood, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
- Photography: Bel Diniz
- Software used: Sketchup and Autocad
- Full name and date of birth of the project authors:
- Eduardo de Oliveira França – 29/10/1982
- Guilherme José Tetzl Rocha – 09/07/1987
- Leticia Oliveira Azevedo – 08/21/1981
- Owner: Uilton Roberto Rocha.
- Construction: Construction F2.
- Employees: Fernanda Boratto and Lorena Coscarelli.
- Total budget: R $ 3,872,423.25 / $ 965.089.93 / € 890,585.00.
- Cost / m²: R $ 2,562.00 / $ 638.50 / € 589.212.
- Total built area: 1.511,48m².
- Software used: Autocad and Sketch Up
Wednesday, April 6th, 2016
Article source: Pascal Arquitectos
The remodeling of the Bolivia Building on Reforma Av. is a project based on the respect of the original building –a work of the master Villagran- dignifying it and lending a contemporary contribution to the surroundings.
Image Courtesy © Fernando Cordero
- Architects: Pascal Arquitectos (arq. carlos pascal, arq. gerard pascal)
- Project: Bolivia Building
- Location: Paseo de la Reforma, Mexico City
- Photography: Fernando Cordero
- Software used: Autocad 2000
- Adviser: Fernando Martínez
- Year: 2001
Tuesday, April 5th, 2016
Article source: mamen domingo ¡! ernest ferré arquitectes
The exhibition tells the public the history of one hundred years of the School of Library Science in Catalonia since the founding moment with Prat de la Riba and the conception of Eugeni d’Ors, his defining moment in the Commonwealth of Catalonia, their stages of continuity in both military dictatorships, to its positioning in the educational landscape of democracy. Nonetheless, its main idea is to convey the ability to renew of this profession and therefore their educational environment within the context of the University of Barcelona, being today a dynamic and future focused profession, linked to the many changes that occur around books and records management.
Image Courtesy © mamen domingo ¡! ernest ferré arquitectes
Sunday, April 3rd, 2016
Article source: DRTAN LM Architect
The House is located on a small lot in the older suburbs of Petaling Jaya. The owners had purchased an old dilapidated house and wanted to rebuild a new family home. Upon inspection it was discovered that the old house had good quality Indian clay roof tiles that were still robust. And as the property faced west, the clay roof tiles offered a good solution to vertically screen the façade from the morning and afternoon sun.
Image Courtesy © H.Lin Ho
- Architects: DRTAN LM Architect
- Project: Clay Roof House
- Location: Section 11, Petaling Jaya, Selangor, MALAYSIA
- Photography: H.Lin Ho
- Built-up: 6,950 sqft
- Land area: 5,570 sqft
- Completion: December 2015
- Software used: Autodesk, Autocad, Adobe Photoshop