Archive for the ‘Autocad’ Category
Friday, April 18th, 2014
Article source: burnazzi feltrin architetti
The PF single family house, the remodeling and rebuilding of an already existing edifice, lies half way along the ridge below the medieval castle of Pergine Valsugana and it is located in an ideal position, both as to the beautiful view on the valley it enjoys and the sun exposure, excellent all year around.
Image Courtesy © Carlo Baroni
- Architects: burnazzi feltrin architetti
- Project: PF single family house
- Location: Trento, Italy
- Photography: Carlo Baroni
- Software used: Autocad
- CLIENT: private
- TEAM: Burnazzi Elisa arch., Feltrin Davide arch. and Pegoretti Paolo arch.
- STRUCTURAL DESIGN: Roberto Svaldi ing.
- HEATING SYSTEM: Giuliano Cattani ing
- ELECTRICAL SYSTEM: Mirco Girardi per. ind.
- YEAR OF COMPLETION: 2009
- TOTAL AREA: 430 m2 (only Enlargement)
- CUBAGE: 1732 m3 (only Enlargement)
Friday, April 18th, 2014
Article source: SANE architecture
SANE architecture’s project for the Taichung City Cultural Center has been awarded HIGHLY COMMENDED of the Cultural regeneration category at the 2014 MIPIM Architectural Review Future Project Awards. The project was exhibited in the London Pavilion 10-14 march.
Image Courtesy © SANE architecture
- Architects: SANE architecture
- Project: The Taichung City Cultural Center
- Photography: SANE architecture
- Software used: 3DS MAX, Autocad and a bit of Photoshop
- Year: 2013
- Area: 45 000 sqm
Tuesday, April 15th, 2014
Article source: Elliott + Associates Architects
Located in the historic Automobile Alley District of Oklahoma City the design seeks to transform an existing 1930 historic masonry and steel building into a modern office space. The character of the 12,000 sq. ft. two story building, originally built for Sharp Auto Supply Co, had been diminished by thick layers of paint, historically inaccurate additions, and years of misguided design efforts.
The building covers the entire lot. There is 10 feet of additional space on the north end that allowed us to construct a fire stair, mechanical enclosure, and covered outdoor deck. This exterior construction made it possible to leave the interior intact. The open framing is consistent with the exposed studs on the interior that dramatizes the construction behind the walls., Image Courtesy © Scott McDonald, Hedrich Blessing
- Architects: Elliott + Associates Architects
- Project: Lingo Construction Services
- Location: Oklahoma City, OK, U.S.A
- Photography: Scott McDonald, Hedrich Blessing
- Software used: AutoCAD Architecture 2013, Sketchup (E+A) and 3ds MAX (Skyline Ink)
- Client: Stan Lingo
- Completed: March 2013
- Scope: 12,260 sq. ft.
- Cost: Withheld per Owner’s request
- Awards: 2013 Interior Design, “Best of Year” in Office/ Renovation Category, 2013 Project of the Year, Association of Subcontractors of Oklahoma
Friday, April 11th, 2014
Article source: archi5
On an abandoned suburb, the project made waking up every day to attend school under an outstanding green-roofed structure as a child’s right.
The Marcel Sembat High School offers technical education about motors and vehicle mechanics. It demands vast spaces with high ceilings and large surfaces. It’s located in a declining industrial suburb of the port of Rouen, France.
Image Courtesy © Sergio Grazia, Thomas Jorion
- Architects: archi5
- Project: Marcel Sembat high school
- Location: Sottevillelès Rouen, France
- Photography: Sergio Grazia, Thomas Jorion
- Software used: Autocad and Adobe Creative Suite
- Client: Haute Normandie district.
- Collaborators: B. Huidobro, IOSIS Ouest, SPEC, ABC Décibel
- Steel structure contractor: Constructions Métalliques Charondière
- Main contractor: Millery Colas
- Surface: 12 764 m2
- Cost: 35 320 318 Euros without taxes
- Time-table: competition winner October 2005 – Completion 2011
- Steel structure size: 83 x 141 m
- Steel structure weight: 1000 tons
Wednesday, April 9th, 2014
Article source: DAAD Architecten
DAAD Architecten has designed a new sheepfold, with a pitched barn and wool studio, in Balloo in Drenthe. The site, which was ruined through a fire, on the edge of the Balloo es [heightened plots of farmland, specific to Drenthe], has been developed into a public, central green, with spaces for education, information and art.
the new sheepfold combines a landscape approach for the entire site, Image Courtesy © Marianne Berkhoff
- Architects: DAAD Architecten
- Project: Sheepfold Balloo
- Location: Drenthe, Netherlands
- Photography: Marianne Berkhoff
- Software used: Vectorworks, Modelmaking, Hand drawings, AutoCad
- Realisation: 2013
Tuesday, April 8th, 2014
Article source: CHRIST.CHRIST. associated architects
Eckelmann AG was established in 1977. This medium-sized company offers its customers practical solutions for electronic machine controls and software development and system integration for the system automation. The spectrum ranges from compact device control through to the automation of scattered industrial systems.
Image Courtesy © CHRIST.CHRIST. associated architects
- Architects: CHRIST.CHRIST. associated architects
- Project: Eckelmann AG
- Location: Wiesbaden, Germany
- Software Used: Autocad
- Staff: Ronni Neuber, Christiane Bolesta
- Structural design: Schmitt + Thielmann und Partner | Wiesbaden
- Construction volume: Floor space 1,400 m², Gross floor space 2,000 m², Gross capacity 7,750 m³
- Realisation: 2012-2013
Tuesday, April 8th, 2014
Article source: SHED Architecture & Design
Located in Seattle’s Leschi neighborhood the Main Street House takes its name from the unimproved right of way and pedestrian path that bounds its site to the north. The single family house was built for a husband and wife, both geologists, nearing retirement but actively working from home.
Image Courtesy © Mark Woods
- Architects: SHED Architecture & Design
- Project: MAIN STREET HOUSE
- Location: Seattle, WA, U.S.A
- Photography: Mark Woods
- Software Used: Sketch up and Autocad
- Square Footage: 2,332
- Contractor: David Gray Construction
- Landscape Desgin: Urban Wilds
- Structural Engineer: Harriott Valentine Engineers
Tuesday, April 8th, 2014
Article source: Roland Baldi architects
The new public square gives access to the different structures of the district center and the adjacent urban park. It also acts as a meeting ground for the residents and offers people a space for outdoor events. The square is paved with a with two-tone cobblestone zebra pattern from white Lasa marble and black basalt. Through an undulating elevation of the paving in the northeast area of the square a planter with seat function with different heights and different inclinations was created.
Image Courtesy © Roland Baldi architects
- Architects: Roland Baldi architects
- Project: Angela Nikoletti Square, Bolzano
- Location: Italy
- Photography: Oskar Da Riz
- Software used: Autocad LT
Thursday, April 3rd, 2014
Article source: Felipe Bernal Henao + Javier Castañeda Acero + Alejandro Restrepo Montoya
Background and Context
Since 2008, 21 new kindergartens have been built in Medellín in barrios with problems of insecurity and social inequality. The El Pinal Kindergarten was awarded through a public architectural tender and has been conceived as a space for education, culture and life. The project is located on the slopes of the central – eastern area of Medellín, in a sector of unplanned settlements and informal housing.
Image Courtesy © Juan Felipe Gómez Tobón
- Architects: Felipe Bernal Henao + Javier Castañeda Acero + Alejandro Restrepo Montoya
- Project: THE EL PINAL KINDERGARTEN
- Location: Medellín, Colombia
- Photography: Juan Felipe Gómez Tobón
- Software used: Autocad 2014, Sketch up and 3D-Max.
- STRUCTURAL DESIGN: Jorge Arbeláez
- HYDROSANITARY DESIGN: Caudales y Presiones S.A.
- ELECTRICAL AND ILLUMINATION DESIGN: Lighten S.A.
- LANDSCAPING DESIGN: Andrés Ospina
- ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN CONSULTANT: Carlos Mario Rodríguez Osorio
- BIOCLIMATIC AND ERGONOMIC DESIGN: Ader Augusto González, PVG Arquitectos
- YEAR: 2012
- SURFACE AREA: 850 m2
- ARCHITECTURAL – DESIGN AND PROJECT – DEVELOPMENT GROUP: Juan David, Cerón Betancur, Luis Felipe Cardona, Juan Esteban Parra Henao, Pablo Rico Álvarez, Parmenio Bedoya Aguirre, Maritza Mejía, Sebastián Vallejo Palacio, Eugenio Lara Rodríguez, Martina Centeno, Carlos Ossa, Steven Yepes, Camilo Arenas, Maida González, Alejandro Vanegas, Yuri Rosero, David Hernández, Santiago Bedoya Macías, Felipe Valencia Herrera
Tuesday, April 1st, 2014
Article source: karel verstraeten
After purchasing a discarded construction trailer for just €15, owners Kris and Griet together with Ghent-based architect practice Karel Verstraeten have transformed it into an inhabitable space.
Wanting to create a small dwelling that could be used for either studying and resting or partying, the unit was pulled to the back of the garden by a local farmer. Its existing structure was completely stripped back and replaced with new materials.
Image Courtesy © karel verstraeten
- Architects: karel verstraeten
- Project: Discarded construction trailer transformed into small dwelling
- Location: Beerse, Belgium
- Photography: karel verstraeten
- Software Used: Autocad 2013
- Year: 2013-2014
- All construction was done by the client: Kris & Griet, Miel & Rein (the sons) and Hugo (Kris’ father)