Archive for the ‘Bank’ Category
Wednesday, February 5th, 2014
Article source: Crepain Binst Architecture nv
In order to achieve a beautifully bordered off station square, an area of 210 m² was conceded between the signal box and the underpass of the ring road in order to build a building of 6m x 35m x 16.5m high.
Since the footprint was too narrow to accommodate the programme of a fully-fledged bank office, we conceived a 10m overhang on the first floor. This design immediately radiates the architectural force of the building, which has been built exclusively in clear and black enamelled glass with vertical uprights around the 2 highest floors. As a result, the internal functions are discretely shielded from the context.
Image Courtesy © Crepain Binst Architecture
- Architects: Crepain Binst Architecture nv
- Project: KBC BANK – MARTELARENPLEIN
- Location: Leuven, Belgium
- Photography: Crepain Binst Architecture nv
- Proprietor: KBC Bank
- Project Manager: Lieven Louwyck, Ellen Vanhole
- Collaborators: Thomas Cols, Pablo Barrera, Eva De Clerck
- Interior architects: Filip Deslee, An Steyaerts
- Stability: Bas bvba
- Engineering: CES nv
- General contractor 1: Vooruitzicht nv
- General contractor 2: Interbuild nv
- Start design: April 2006
- Start execution: Augustus 2007
- Temporary completion: Maart 2009
- Final completion: Maart 2010
- Building surface: 210 m2
- Total surface: 970 m2
- Number, m2 office space: 265 m2
- Number, m2 commercial room: 210 m2
- BUILDING SUM: € 4.700.000,- (excl btw – ereloon)
Friday, February 22nd, 2013
Article source: 2L Atelier Arquitectos
With the purpose in re-qualifying an old building belonging to a derelict industrial area, this project proposes a new concept for a banking branch by presenting an innovative attendance desk design that leads to a new and fresh appearance, language and workplace blueprint, without losing the institution’s identity. This new image needs to be cohesive, simple in its form, identifiable from other institution’s branches, communicative and friendly.
Image Courtesy © Joao Morgado – Architecture Photography
- Architects: 2L Atelier Arquitectos
- Project: Banking Branch in Leiria
- Location: Leiria, Portugal
- Photography: Joao Morgado – Architecture Photography
- Architect: eduardo rodrigues
- Collaborators :carlos lagoa
- Engineering: id2p, engenharia lda.
- Client: Caixa de Credito de Leiria
- Software used: ArchiCAD
Saturday, December 15th, 2012
Article source: MVRDV
The central building of DNB’s new bank headquarter cluster developed by Oslo S Utvikling (OSU) is completed. The MVRDV designed main building has 17 unique floors and a surface of 36,500m2. The pixelated volume based on small-scale working units adapts to the various influences of the urban context, combining an efficient and flexible internal organisation with a variety of specific communal spaces such as the main entrance lobby, a transparent trading floor, a sheltered public passage, respect for urban view lines and collective terraces overlooking the fjord to the south. The glass and brick exterior expresses both the transparency and stability of DNB as a modern financial institution.
Image Courtesy Jiri Havran
- Architects: MVRDV
- Project: DNB Bank Headquarters Main Building
- Location: Oslo, Norway
- Photography: Jiri Havran, Jeroen Musch
Thursday, October 4th, 2012
Article source: Architects of Invention Ltd
The existing building complex was built in the 70th century – for the Soviet Military Headquarters of the Caucasus region. The complex consists of several building. Special attention is given to the upper blocks (Blocks No: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6). Structural analysis is done specifically for the main building of the complex. The complex is located on crossroads of the Vake-Saburtalo road and Tamarashvili Avenue opposite the Hippodrome.It is formed in Russian letter П-shape.
Image Courtesy Architects of Invention Ltd
- Architects: Architects of Invention Ltd
- Project: TBC Bank Headquarters, Tbilisi, Georgia
- Location: Tamarashvili al., Tbilisi, Georgia
- Project: Office Building
- Status: Completed
Program: Lobby, Courtyard, Oaisis, Offices, Business Centre, Cafe, Sky Park etc.
- Area: NIA (net internal) – 31,958.08m2 GIA (gross internal) – 37,221.01m2 GEA (gross external) – 42,359.83m2
- Credits: Niko Japaridze, Gogiko Sakvarelidze, Dato Tsanava, Eka Kankava, Nika Maisuradze, Nika Maisuradze, David Dolidze, Eka Rekhviashvili, PM Devi Kituashvili
- Structural Engineers Consultants: Engenuiti, UK (www.engenuiti.com)
- CAD: AutoCad, Rihno, 3Dmax, Sketchup, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
Tuesday, April 24th, 2012
Article source: Architectural Group & Partners
Renovation of a building listed as national monument under preservation order.
The idea of light and nature showing through a building was the fundamental concept of redesigning the headquarter of Bank of Georgia, Tbilisi. Le Corbusier, Frank Lloyd Wright and Glenn Murcutt already had this idea in their minds as well as OMA, Office for Metropolitan Architecture Beijing, the architectural department of Rem Kolhaas architects in Rotterdam, for the high-class project “The Interlace” in Singapore. This idea was leading for renovation of the building in Georgia – since 2007 listed as national monument under preservation order – to be finished in spring 2011. A great and extraordinary office building was created: Incorporating nature in the whole interior design in forms of light. The architects of AG&P have realized a special highlight by using illuminated translucent concrete.
Image Courtesy Architectural Group & Partners
Wednesday, March 21st, 2012
Article source: 3XN
Middelfart Savings Bank is a key institution in the town of Middelfart, located by the Lillebælt waters on the island of Funen, Denmark. Thus the Savings Bank wanted their new Head Office to provide a new public space for the local citizens as well as an architectural icon for the town and the Savings Bank.
Image Courtesy Adam Mørk
- Architects: 3XN
- Project: Middelfart Savings Bank
- Location: Middelfart, Denmark
- Owner: Trekantens Ejendomsselskab A/S
- Size: 5.000 m2
- Photography: Adam Mørk
Saturday, December 17th, 2011
Article source: OMA
New Court, the new London headquarters for Rothschild, and OMA’s first building in London, has been completed. The 21,000m2 building is embedded in the narrow medieval alley of St Swithin’s Lane in the heart of the City of London.
Rothschild bank in the City of London (Copyright OMA by Philippe Ruault)
- Architect: OMA
- Name of Project: Rothschild Bank headquarters
- Location: London, UK
Thursday, August 11th, 2011
Article source: Foster + Partners
Conceived during a sensitive period in the former colony’s history, the brief for the Hongkong and Shanghai Bank Headquarters was a statement of confidence: to create ‘the best bank building in the world’. Through a process of questioning and challenging − including the involvement of a feng shui geomancer − the project addressed the nature of banking in Hong Kong and how it should be expressed in built form. In doing so it virtually reinvented the office tower.
Image Courtesy Ian Lambot
- Architects: Foster + Partners
- Project: Hongkong and Shanghai Bank Headquarters
- Location: Hongkong and Shanghai
- Client: Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation
- Area (Gross): 99,000m²
- Area (Net): 79,200m²
- Height: 183m
Saturday, May 28th, 2011
Article source: emmanuelle moureaux architecture + design
Sugamo Shinkin Bank is a credit union that strives to provide first-rate hospitality to its customers in accordance with its motto: “we take pleasure in serving happy customers.” Having completed the design for branch outlets of Sugamo Shinkin Bank located in Tokiwadai and Niiza, we were also commissioned to handle the architectural and interior design for its newly rebuilt branch in Shimura. For this project, we sought to create a refreshing atmosphere with a palpable sense of nature based on an open sky motif.
- Architecture: emmanuelle moureaux architecture + design
- Project: Sugamo Shinkin Bank / Shimura branch
- Location: 1-13-8 Azusawa Itabashi-ku, Tokyo 174-0051, Japan
- Client: Sugamo Shinkin Bank
- Use: Bank Office
- Concept : Rainbow mille-feuille
- Photography : Nacasa & Partners Inc.
- Software used: Adobe illustrator, photoshop