Archive for the ‘Bar’ Category
Thursday, December 8th, 2016
Article source: v2com
After winning the international architectural design competition, Stuttgart based wittfoht architekten were commissioned to build the extension of the World Trade Organization headquarters in Geneva. The new administrative building, integrated into the site, creates a feeling of openness and transparency.
world trade organization, Image Courtesy © Brigida González Fotografie
- Architects: wittfoht architekten
- Project: World Trade Organization
- Location: Genève, Switzerland
- Photography: Brigida González Fotografie
- Client: World Trade Organization
- Structural engineering: Schlaich Bergermann und Partner GmbH
- Energy engineering: Transsolar Energietechnik GmbH
- Domestic engineering: Weinmann energies sa
- Electrical engineering: mab ingénierie sa
- Structural physics: Bobran Ingenieure
- General contractor: Implenia entreprise générale sa
- Gross floor area: 14.500 square meters
- Gross volume: 56.800 cubic meters
- Competition: 2009 – 1st prize
- Construction period: 01/2011 – 07/2013
- Year: 2013
Friday, December 2nd, 2016
Article source: NEXT architects
What can be done with a 18.000 m2 empty office building situated at the outskirts of the city and that has been deemed unsuited for redevelopment for the last 11 years? This is the big challenge faced with B.Amsterdam at the Johan Huizingalaan in Amsterdam. From the start, NEXT architects was closely involved in the transformation of this static cube-shaped building into a lively hotspot for startups, freelancers and creative entrepreneurs. Strategic interventions are used to strengthen the quality, experience and identity of the building.
Image Courtesy © Francisco Nogueira
- Architects: NEXT architects
- Project: B.Amsterdam
- Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Photography: Francisco Nogueira
- Client: Timeless Investments
- Team: Marijn Schenk, Mark Spijkerman, Arno Kwint and Douwe Strating (NEXT)
- Collaborator/ Associate: Guus Meulendijks (B.Amsterdam) / Luuk van der Broek (Collaboration-O)
- Advisor construction: Van Rossum, Amsterdam
- Advisor: Peutz, Zoetermeer
- Main contractor: Retail Bouw Nederland, Doetinchem
- Installations: Gouweloos Electrotechniek BV / Roodenburg Installatiebedrijf BV
- Floor area / Span: 18.000 m2
- Final design: February 2015
- Completion: September 2016
Thursday, November 3rd, 2016
Article source: Muñoz Arquitectos Asociados
Hermana República is a tasting place for Patito a beer made in a local brewery. Behind this tasting spot is the factory where the beer is made.
There are two conceptual axis that ruled this project; the first one was to create an environment that has a bound with the beer production, an industrial environment that is also a comfortable place to drink beer. The plan was to create a place that had an environment of a yucatecan cantina and a good restaurant where you can go and have a quality meal.
Image Courtesy © Marcos Betanzos
- Architects: Muñoz Arquitectos Asociados
- Project: Hermana Republica
- Location: Merida, Yucatan, Mexico
- Photography: Marcos Betanzos
- Software used: Autocad
- Built area: 235.55 (m2)
- Year: 2015
Thursday, October 27th, 2016
Article source: Zavoral architekt
Copper bar is located in the historicist house with arcade on Smetana Square in the town centre of Litomysl.
We intended to create a new strong interior characterter which would suit to the historical centre and which would replace previous fading bar. Clients asked for intimate bar where you can enjoy conversation over a glass and feel comfortable.
Image Courtesy © BoysPlayNice
- Architects: Zavoral architekt
- Project: Copper bar
- Location: Smetanovo namesti 136, Litomysl, Czech Republic
- Photography: BoysPlayNice
- Budget: 450 000 CZK / 16 500 EUR
- Area: 68 sqm
- Realisation: 2016
Thursday, October 27th, 2016
Article source: Raya Shankhwalker Architects
“Soro”, meaning alcoholic beverage in Konkani is a tavern conceptualised within the ruins of an old corner store. The corner store itself became the protagonist in the story of the bar; the design is centred around the concept of a 1940’s warehouse owned by a local dealer who traded in different merchandise. Thus retaining as much of the original structure as possible became pivotal.
Image Courtesy © Raya Shankhwalker Architects
Tuesday, October 25th, 2016
Article source: El Equipo Creativo
At the recent annual Restaurant & Bar Design Awards held in London, El Equipo Creativo was awarded two Restaurant & Bar Design Awards for their design of the Blue Wave bar (currently OneOcean Bar) in Barcelona.
The Award ceremony started positively for El Equipo Creativo when the Blue Wave bar design received the ´Best Europe Bar´ design award and ended on an even better note with the team being called back on stage to collect the most coveted international bar design award: ‘Best Overall Bar´.
Image Courtesy © Adrià Goula
- Architects: El Equipo Creativo
- Project: Blue Wave bar
- Location: Moll de la Barceloneta 1, Barcelona
- Photography: Adrià Goula
- Software used: AutoCAD
- Client: OneOcean Port Vell, Salamanca Group
- Studio: El Equipo Creativo_ Oliver Franz Schmidt + Natali Canas del Pozo + Lucas Echeveste Lacy
- Project: Team Néstor Veloso, Anna Martínez Salom, Cristòfol Tauler, Savina Radeva, Cristina Huguet, Anna Serra
- Size: 198m2
Tuesday, October 25th, 2016
Article source: EINSTEIN & ASSOCIATES
Located at Jl Senopati Raya no 64, Jakarta –Indonesia. 3rd avenue, another venture by the people behind Wilshire and Bottega Ristorante. Senopati is a highly known area for foodies’ destination, with the rapid number of restaurants growth in this elite neighborhood. 3rd Avenue is located just above Wilshire Restaurant at the 3rd floor.The name 3rd Avenue comes from the 3rd street in Los Angeles, a major east and west thoroughfare. This Whiskey Bar & Lounge is designed to be posh, modern and also classy. The upside of having this location of is that it’s located near Jakarta’s central business district ,hence the breathtaking,magnificent skyline view from the rooftop of this bar.
Image Courtesy © EINSTEIN & ASSOCIATES
- Architects: EINSTEIN & ASSOCIATES
- Project: 3rd Avenue Bar
- Location: Senopati Raya no 64 – Jakarta, Indonesia
- Principal Architect: Leo Einstein Franciscus
- Total floor area: 200 m2
- Completed: 27 january 2016
Thursday, October 6th, 2016
Article source: v2com
100% Design, the UK’s largest design trade show, announces its line-up of specially commissioned installations and features, reflecting both conceptually and physically this year’s theme of ‘experience’. Each installation will play on the senses to map a multi-sensory journey through the show, allowing visitors to immerse themselves in contemporary product design and be inspired by the possibilities enabled by great design.
The Central Bar at 100% Design has long been a hub for networking, a symbolic destination at the heart of both the show itself and the wider design industry. This year the 100% Design team has brought together a stream of uprights with colour scales adding drama to the central space, defining the area and providing a moment of shelter. The dramatic overhead installation is intended to provide a focal point for the entire show, surrounded by specially devised fins that define the entire space.
Design Path by Hakwood, Image Courtesy © 100% Design
- Architects: 100% Design
- Project: Features and installations for 2016 edition
- Location: London, United Kingdom
Tuesday, October 4th, 2016
Article source: Linehouse
Located in Jing’an, Shanghai on a tree lined street, Tribeca is a New York style gastro pub. The interior has a lightness and a freshness, which is a departure from the surrounding dark and industrial bars and restaurants.
Linehouse wanted to create a strong distinction between the existing and the new; a white datum was inserted into the space which operates as a shelf for display at high level and wraps the bar with a perimeter of shadowless bulbs suspended below. This new insertion contrasts to the existing concrete shell, which was left in its raw state.
Image Courtesy © Dirk Weiblen
- Architects: Linehouse
- Project: Tribeca
- Location: 966 Wuding Road, Jing’an District, Shanghai
- Photography: Dirk Weiblen
- Area: 90sqm
- Year of completion: 2015
Thursday, September 29th, 2016
Article source: Estudio Arn Arquitectos
Sometimes the fact of building is just about erasing layers. This is the basis of the project for the refurbishment of the “Posito Pesquero”. How to rediscover the inner architecture has been hidden for years.
What initially was meant to be the repair of some humidity and filtrations, turned out to be the full rehabilitation of this historical building, which dates to 1860, to its original value.
Image Courtesy © David Frutos
- Architects: Estudio Arn Arquitectos
- Project: Virgen del Carmen Bar
- Location: Santa Pola, Alicante, Spain
- Photography: David Frutos
- Architects in Charge: José Amorós Gonzálvez, Luis Rubiato Brotons, Patricia Navarro Mazón
- Manufacturers: BASF, Erco, Grohe, INCLASS, Thermochip
- Promotion: Cofradía de Pescadores de Santa Pola
- Technical Architect: Elena Rogel Ruíz
- Industrial Engineer: Amorós Ingenieros, María Amorós Gonzálvez
- Calculist: Raúl Álamo Brotons
- Collaborator: Universidad de Alicante (GIRA), Miguel Louis Cereceda, Yolanda Spairani Berrio, Raúl Prado Govea, Jose Antonio Huesca Tortosa, Ángeles García del Cura, David Benavente
- Santa Pola Municipality: Rafael Plá
- Construction: Grupo Renovak Rehabilitación de Edificios
- Wood Works: Carpinteria Quiver
- Steel Works: Cerrajería La Vila
- Paintor: Decokeren
- Fountain: Fontanería Galiana
- Electricity: Electricidad Paquete