Archive for the ‘Bar’ Category
Friday, April 15th, 2016
Article source: KMAN Studio
When our client contacted us to design the interior of a traditional oriental hookah bar in Sofia, we sought inspiration in the “One thousand and one nights” stories, and the intricate geometric patterns adorning classical Islamic architecture. Housed in a 200sqm rectangular area which opens to a garden in the south, we created a space that celebrates the centuries-long tradition of hookah smoking with a bold and modern twist.
Image Courtesy © Tsvetomir Dzhermanov
- Architects: KMAN Studio
- Project: Hookah Bar Nargile
- Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
- Photography: Tsvetomir Dzhermanov
- Architects In Charge: Emiliya Maneva, Ali K
- Area: 200sqm
- Year: 2015
Thursday, March 31st, 2016
Article source: Egue y Seta
The whole concept was named after a French girl (Madeleine), a place where to offer delicious pastries hand made by “grandma” to a bunch of ladies who like to take their tea every afternoon, or a champagne cocktail at night. The challenge was to create a very intimate atmosphere with an elegant but cosy ambiance, and references given by the client went from all too girly lingerie shops to the very romantic “budoir” interior design style of the “belle époque”. In short, we were about to tackle our “most feminine” task so far, and didn’t know if we needed to start wearing high heels so to bring out all of our “pink power” or if it was better altogether to pass on the challenge to a curvy and sensitive colleague. We went for the first option and after a few months of renovation project and execution we can proudly say we can now tell the difference between fuchsia, magenta, purple red, or French violet…!
Image Courtesy © VICUGO FOTO
- Architects: Egue y Seta
- Project: Madeleine Mon Amour
- Location: Rambla Poble Nou 117 / 119 Barcelona, Spain
- Photography: VICUGO FOTO
- Designer: Daniel Pérez + Felipe Araujo
- Client: Private
- Construction company: Obres i Serveis Habitat S.L
- Area: 63m2
- Completed date: 2015
Sunday, March 27th, 2016
Article source: GIUSEPPE GURRIERI
The project involves the reuse of the ticket office of the adjacent multisport facility, abandoned since years and its reconversion into a coffee-bistro.
The property, owned by the municipality, has been the subject of a call for tenders for the award to private investors, with the aim not only of renovating a run-down but mainly to combine the private’s wishes and aspirations with the public needs by means of a quality planning.
Image Courtesy © Filippo Poli
- Architects: GIUSEPPE GURRIERI
- Project: ECO BAR
- Location: Ragusa, Italy
- Photography: Filippo Poli
- Collaborators: Fabrizio Camilleri, Giulia fillets, Valentina Occhipinti
- Construction: Building company Geom . Gianni Distefano
- Works in iron and wood works: OMET s.n.c. of Tumino & co
- Graphic Logo: David Iacono
- Size: 120 m2
- Year: 2015
Friday, March 18th, 2016
Article source: Aidlin Darling Design
Located just off the bustling Hayes Street corridor in San Francisco, this new contemporary French bistro aims to blur the distinctions between traditional and modern in its cuisine and design. Decidedly more casual than Chef Lee’s 3-star Michelin restaurant Benu, Monsieur Benjamin also obscures the relationship between comfort food and formal cuisine. This obfuscation is reflected in the design. Situated on the corner of Gough Street and the tree-lined Ivy alley, the new 98-seat restaurant aims to absorb the energy, urbanity and pedestrian scale of both streets, and will include outdoor seating on Ivy, all within view of Hayes Street.
Image Courtesy © Aidlin Darling Design
Friday, March 11th, 2016
Article source: 100architects
The proposal for Bar Rouge arises to reinterpret the known skyline of Shanghai.
To face this exercise we have imposed ourselves the requirement of pulling out the most recognizable feature of Bar Rouge, that specific thing which distinguishes Bar Rouge from the rest of clubs and bars in town.
That thing was clear for us; The stunning views of Shanghai’s most known skyline of Pudong.
Bar Rouge counts with Shanghai’s most privileged balcony, where you can sit down with your well served cocktail and enjoy the most amazing views over the new area of Pudong, which by themselves are an entertaining feature of Bar Rouge´s terrace.
Image Courtesy © 100architects
- Architects: 100architects
- Project: Red Rouge
- Location: Shanghai, China
Sunday, March 6th, 2016
Article source: GANA Arquitectura
The project for the renovation of this emblematic bar of the capital, was created from the very beginning as an holistic reform able to renew its image without compromising its essence. Features such as its unbeatable location, facing the Malaga Cathedral in Plaza del Obispo, or the special place acquired over the years in citizen minds, help this design to became a real challenge and an unique opportunity to participate in this wonderful city and its citizens.
Image Courtesy © Blanca Green
- Architects: GANA Arquitectura, Antonio Galisteo, Álvaro Fernández Navarro, Francisco Jesús Camacho Gómez
- Project: Renovation of Cheers Malaga Bar
- Location: Plaza del Obispo, Malaga, Spain
- Photography: Blanca Green
- Software used: AutoCAD
- Collaborators: Cerveza Victoria, Grupo Hecaserco, Doctor Watson, IKono
- Project Area: 155,00 m2
- Project Year: 2014
Thursday, March 3rd, 2016
Article source: LOdesigner
Design project of the cafe – bar (flight) became the winner of the international competition PREMIO Le 5 Stagioni. Among the 184 projects announced for the competition, the professional jury has been selected the winner of Project Cafe – bar FLIGHT.
Image Courtesy © LOdesigner
Friday, February 26th, 2016
Article source: Only If
In early 2016, Voyager Espresso, a new specialty coffee bar, opened in a subway concourse of the Fulton Street station, in Manhattan’s Financial District. The architect, Only If, was commissioned by the Australian team of Owner Prudence Reid and Owner/Barista Aaron Barnard to develop an innovative architectural and interior design for its initial retail location in this unusual underground site. Voyager Espresso, with its integration of an artistic and scientific approach to coffee, is a welcomed addition to the lagging food scene of the Financial District. Its rotating menu features seasonal, fresh crop coffees from the best roasters in the United States.
Image Courtesy © Michael Vahrenwald / ESTO`
- Architects: Only If
- Project: Voyager Espresso
- Location: 110 William Street, New York, NY, USA
- Photography: Michael Vahrenwald / ESTO
- Design Team: Karolina Czeczek, Matthew Davis, Adam Snow Frampton, AIA, Francesca Pagliaro, James Schrader, Jon Siani
- Collaborators: Dot Dash (Specialist Lighting)
- Contractor: RZ Project Management Corp.
- Scale: 550ft2 (51m2)
- Completed: January 2016
- Software used: AutoCAD 2015, Rhino 5, and Adobe Creative Suite
Tuesday, February 23rd, 2016
Article source: v2com
Das Bier enhanced the premises of a former show bar, by implanting the industrial style German “Bierhall” concept, meeting point between the European cult for great beers and the Rosemont neighborhood lifestyle.
Image Courtesy © Adrien Williams
Tuesday, February 16th, 2016
Article source: Arkan Zeytinoglu Architects
A high-end family hotel in the middle of the biggest skiing and hiking region of Upper Austria – the new Leading family Hotel & Resort Dachsteinkönig is going to exceed all expectations. Its ground breaking took place in December 2014 and is planned to be completed by the end of 2016.
Image Courtesy © Arkan Zeytinoglu Architects & miss3 s.r.o.
- Architects: Arkan Zeytinoglu Architects
- Project: Leading Family Hotel & Resort Dachsteinkönig
- Location: Gosau, Austria
- Client: Hotel – Dachsteinkönig Hotel GmbH, Chalets – Dachstein Chalet Errichtungs GmbH
- Redenrings: Arkan Zeytinoglu Architects & miss3 s.r.o.
- Competition: May 2013
- Start of planning: June 2013
- Start of construction: December 2014
- Completion: December 2016
- S Hotel:105 Rooms, 12 Chalets, 2 Restaurants, Kids Restaurant, Café, Bakery, Bar, Shop, Kids Pool