Archive for the ‘Bar’ Category
Wednesday, July 9th, 2014
Article source: SHH Architects
Twickenham Stadium, the home of English rugby,was looking to upgrade the customer experience at its food and beverage retail offers in order to be truly world-class across all areas of its offer in time for the 2015 Rugby World Cup, which England is set to host after winning the 2009 selection bid. At the same time, the stadium’s owners – the RFU (Rugby Football Union)- had changed a number of its core branding elements and these also had to be incorporated into any new designs. The result is the Twickenham Experience – a joint venture between the RFU and operator Levy Restaurants(the sports and leisure division of Compass UK & Ireland).
Image Courtesy © Gareth Gardner
- Architects: SHH Architects
- Project: Twickenham Stadium Hospitality
- Location: United Kingdom
- Photography: Gareth Gardner
- Client: Levy Restaurants / The RFU
- Architect & Lead Designer: SHH
Thursday, June 12th, 2014
Article source: Atelier INDJ
G九 exists beyond it primary purpose of dining and delves into a realm of exhibition, spectacle and participation.
From the projects inception Atelier I-N-D-J founder Ian Douglas-Jones led the projects ambitions – “the unusually proportioned space just had to be exploited and celebrated, early on I had persuaded the client that this presented an opportunity to create something that subverts preconceptions” All elements of the project have been carefully considered; from bespoke furniture to a super scaled interactive light installation that terminates in a major site specific art work by British Artist INSA, this collaborative piece sees the 956 lights of the light installation merge with the art work, working together as one.
Image Courtesy © Bono Yan
- Architects: Atelier INDJ
- Project: G9 Shanghai
- Location: Shanghai, China
- Photography: Bono Yan
- Size: 298sqm
- Category: restaurant bar interior
Wednesday, June 11th, 2014
Article source: Skälso Arkitekter
The Bungenäs Lime Barn was built as a part of the former lime stone quarry in 1910.Its two brick ovens make it one of the most characteristic buildings in the area of Bungenas. It played a very important role for the lime stone industry;After the stone was burnt in the tall ovens, it was stored in the barn before shipping.
Image Courtesy © Anna Sundström
- Architects: Skälso Arkitekter
- Project: The Lime Barn
- Location: Gotland, Sweden
- Photography: Anna Sundström
- Year: 2013
- Client: BungenäsKalkbrott AB
Saturday, May 3rd, 2014
Article source: Nir Portal Architects
As if taken from one of Spanish director, Pedro almodovar’s frames and based on the inspiration of his muse, Penelope Cruz, ‘tapaya’ is a gesture to his works of art.
Mixture of styles, colors and material, not to say chaos, join together to create a new language of harmony.
Image Courtesy © Nir Portal Architects
Wednesday, April 30th, 2014
Article source: enigmaglas ltd
You can realize your most extreme dreams in space creation with implementing uniquely designed glass surfaces made with enigmaglas technology.
The airy, rustic, illuminating, even 3D glass walls and wall covers reevaluate the feel of existing buildings and interiors. The wide spectrum of glass surfaces used in interior design is manufactured by enigmaglas Ltd.
Image Courtesy © enigmaglas ltd
- Architects: enigmaglas ltd (szandra szentgyörgyi)
- Project: Buddha bar hotel
Thursday, March 13th, 2014
Article source: Elías Rizo Arquitectos
Located in a commercial area to the west of the city of Guadalajara, the project developed from the idea of creating a building with a removable metal frame capable of holding a machine with artificial waves for surfing, complemented by an architectural program consisting of bathroom dressing rooms, restaurant and administration which orbit around the main attraction.
Image Courtesy © Marcos García
- Architects: Elías Rizo Arquitectos
- Project: PUNTO SURF
- Location: Jalisco, México
- Photography: Marcos García
- Collaborators: Jenny Mora, Paola Hernández, Alma Osnaya, Jenny Camarena, Gabriela Chávez, Roberto Contreras, Rigo González, Andrea Zúñiga, Daniela Valdez, Maripily Roel, Diana Reséndiz, Rodrigo Ortega.
- Constructor: Ing. César Cervantes López
- Iluminación: Construlita
- Year finshed: 2013
- Project area: 1216 m2
Wednesday, March 12th, 2014
Article source: MVRDV
Collection Building is an art depot open to the public. A public route zigzags through the building, from the lobby on the ground floor where a café can be found up to an exhibition space, sculpture garden and restaurant on the roof. On the way up the route passes along and through art depots and restoration workshops. In depots visible from the route, the exhibition can be changed on a daily basis by simply moving storage racks so each visit to the building can offer a unique experience. On three floors the route passes through exhibition spaces which will be programmed by Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen.
Image Courtesy © MVRDV – Antonio Coco
- Architects: MVRDV
- Project: PUBLIC ART DEPOT MBVB
- Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Photography: MVRDV – Antonio Coco
- Year: 2013
- Client: Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen, De Verre Bergen Foundation, the City of Rotterdam
- Program: 15.000m2 art depot with restoration facilities, exhibition spaces, offices, logistics, bar, restaurant, sculpture garden and private collectors facilities.
- Budget: 50 million Euro
- Design Team: Winy Maas, Jacob van Rijs, Nathalie de Vries with Fokke Moerel and Sanne van der Burgh, Marta Pozo Gil, Gerard Heerink, Elien Deceuninck, Saimon Gomez Idiakez, Nacho Velasco, Jason Slabbynck, Mariya Gyaurova.
- Sustainability: BREEAM Excellent (goal)
- Structure: PietersBouwtechniek
- Cost engineering: IGG Consultants
- Installations: DGMR Consultants
- Legal Project: Richard Jan Roks, Kennedy Van Der Laan, Amsterdam, with Jan Knikker, Fokke Moerel
Wednesday, March 12th, 2014
Article source: HASSELL
A cloud-like structure suspended above a floating bar and open-kitchen restaurant on the banks of Melbourne’s Yarra River will form the spectacular centrepiece of the 2014 Melbourne Food and Wine Festival presented by Bank of Melbourne when it opens to the public today.
Image Courtesy © HASSELL
- Architects: HASSELL
- Project: The Immersery
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
Friday, March 7th, 2014
Article source: Blacksheep.
Blacksheep design and branding studio have recently revealed their latest design for the new Red’s True Barbecue restaurant and bar, which officially opened on the 13th of February in the heart of Manchester’s Albert Square. With the brand already proving a big hit in Leeds, owners James Douglas and Scott Munro approached Blacksheep to design a new restaurant and bar that would reflect the character of the Red’s experience, a concept drawn deep from the love of traditional American low n slow style barbecuing.
Image Courtesy © Blacksheep.
- Architects: Blacksheep.
- Project: The new Red’s True Barbecue Restaurant & Bar
- Location: Manchester
Tuesday, February 25th, 2014
Article source: Triptyque Architecture
The agency Triptyque architecture was commissioned to design a complex in São Paulo Understanding three boutiques, a restaurant, a bar and an art gallery. The boutiques should have easy access to the city while the restaurant would be located on the upper floors.
Image Courtesy © Leonardo Finotti
- Architects: Triptyque Architecture
- Project: The Centre Oscar Freire
- Photography: Leonardo Finotti