Archive for the ‘Bar’ Category
Wednesday, September 18th, 2013
Article source: Estudio Nômada
Jose Antonio Vázquez and Enrique de Santiago of Spanish-based designers Estudio Nômada adopted an architectonic approach to the design of Box 1, one of five pop-up bars at this year’s Restaurant & Bar Design Awards ceremony.
The awards ceremony took place at London’s Farmiloe Building on 12 September. Estudio Nômada was a previous winner of the awards, having scooped the Best Designed Restaurant in the World award in 2012 for A Cantina in Galicia.
Image Courtesy © Liz Seabrook
- Architects: Estudio Nômada’s
- Project: Box 1 Pop-up Bar
- Location: Farmiloe Building, Clerkenwell, London, England
- Photography: Liz Seabrook
- Designer: Estudio Nômada
- Primary contractor: Nicholas Alexander
- Operator: Apero (Ampersand Hotel)
- Completion Date: September 2013
Tuesday, August 27th, 2013
Article source: concrete
DESIGN STORY / NARRATIVE
At supperclub, food, drinks, light and sound are in harmony, merged into an atmosphere that offers an escape from the everyday world. A visit to supperclub is an experience that washes over you, a sanctuary for the senses. The evening begins in a neutral environment, similar to a white canvas, which undergoes successive transformations into a café, restaurant, bar, theatre and club.
Image Courtesy © Paul Emous / concrete
- Architects: concrete
- Project: supperclub Dubai
- Location: The Palm Jumeirah, United Arab Emirates
- Photography: Paul Emous, concrete
- Client: Vibe Middle East
- Project team: Rob Wagemans, Marc Brummelhuis, Bart de Beer, Femke Zumbrink, Merijn Verduyn, Charlotte Key
- General contractor: Bash Hesnef
- Havc consultant: Bluehaus Group
- Lighting consultant: Bluehaus Group
- Audio visual consultant: WADG
- Acoustic consultant: Acoustic Logic
Friday, July 12th, 2013
El Caliente consists of three main areas: The Bar, The Lounge, and The Terrace. Each section carries a unique Retro Modern motif creating the ambiance of a modern South American Resort.
Image Courtesy © SWeeT CO.,ltd
- Architects: SWeeT CO.,ltd
- Project: el caliente
- Location: Tokyo, Japan
Thursday, May 16th, 2013
Article source: Proj3ct and Pluggo
Located on the blooming nightlife district of Oporto’s downtown, RUA occupies the ground floor of an old building facing a narrow yet busy street. The vacant space matched in many ways the traditional construction of Oporto old city center: narrow lots with high openings and ceilings, the extensive use of granite stone and local painted ceramic tiles (“azulejo”) on the façades, the appropriation of small and cozy patios. The relation towards the street was quite effective and dominant, as it could be enhanced towards the existing patio.
Image Courtesy © rxg3d
- Architects: Proj3ct and Pluggo (co-authorship)
- Project: Rua, Restaurant/Bar
- Location: Porto, Portugal
- Type: commercial
- Client: Apogeu da Ribalta, lda.
- Gross area: 146 sqm.
- Engineering: Logacústica
- Photography / rendering: rxg3d
- Date: 2012
- Status: under construction
Wednesday, May 15th, 2013
Article source: Department of Architecture
During2010 Red Shirt Riot, many of Bangkok’s public buildings were set on fire. Podium of ZEN Tower in Central World Complex was totally unrecognizable. Smoke and heat went upward and destroy all furniture and finishing of all interior space on the tower. ZENSE, thena newly-opened yet one of the hippest Restaurants/Bars in the city, situated on ZEN Tower top floor, was one of the casualties of this unrest. As the original designer, DEPT was called to give ZENSE another life after the riot.
Image Courtesy © KetsireeWongwan
- Architects: Department of Architecture
- Project: ZENSE: The Rebirth
- Location: Centralworld Shopping Complex, Pathumwan, Bangkok, Thailand
- Photography: KetsireeWongwan
- Owner: Zen Department Store
- Lighting Designer: Accent Studio
- Area: 4,000 m2
- Cost of the construction: 80 Million THB
- Build time: 2011-2012
- Software used: Rhino 3D, 3D Studio Max and AutoCAD
Sunday, May 12th, 2013
Article source: Prism Design
Kagurazaka, Tokyo, Japan renowned for more than 10 years, “Edo Robata kemuri” the upcoming Shanghai Hongqiao, to December 31, 2013, opened its presence in China’s first store. According to the owners of the two theme design requirements.
- Similar like in the movie “Kill Bill” from overseas angle to show the world outlook of the Asian culture.
- The shop name kemuri (meaning “smoke” in japanese), through the design can show The moral of kemuri.
Image Courtesy © Eiichi Kano – Nacasa & Partners Inc.
- Architects: Prism Design
- Project: Kemuri Shanghai Restaurant & Bar
- Location: 2088 Yan’an Xi Lu, at the Garden Plaza,Shanghai,China
- Photographe: Nacasa & Partners Inc.
- Photographer: Eiichi Kano
- Construction: Shanghai Zhao bo Zhuang Huang Engineerings of & Construction Co,.Ltd
- designed by: TOMOHIRO KATSUKI, MASANORI KOBAYASHI, REIJI KOBAYASHI
- Furniture Design: Prism Design
- Furniture Manufacture: Shanghai Zhao bo Zhuang Huang Engineerings of & Construction Co,.Ltd
Friday, May 10th, 2013
Article source: Gianluca Milesi Architecture
There was the need for the place, a bar and restaurant location, to be, at the same time, a flexible space and an easily recognizable site reflecting a precise, strong and unique image. These inputs generated the concept of the project: one “consistent and closed in itself” structure at the same time articulated in order to satisfy the different and flexible functions.
Image Courtesy © Atelier Gluck,Giovanna Caravello
- Architects: Gianluca Milesi Architecture
- Project: Ami_bar
- Location: Milano, Bicocca, Italy
- Photography: Atelier Gluck, Milan – Giovanna Caravello, Milan
- Project: 2005-2006
- Construction: 2006
- Surface: 350 s.m.
- Cost of Construction: 350.000 Euro
- Team: Carmen Barrantes, Giovanna Caravello, Barbara Cardelli, Giacomo De Feo, Gianluca Milesi, Barbara Valentini, Giorgio Villa
- Management: Marco Cattaneo, Stefano Ricci, Sergio Zappella
- Structures: EOS, Stefano Landi engeneer, Milan
- Mechanical : Salvioni&Mauri – Idrotermica Valtolina, Milan
- Electrical: Elettricadea, Milan
- Carpentry: ditta Beretta Luciano, Milan
- MDF Wrapping: AP project, Milan
- Glasses: Vetreria Re
- Art direction: gianluca milesi architecture
Tuesday, May 7th, 2013
Article source: mode:lina architekci
“I don’t want winery, but a wine shop, where you can also have a glass with some tapas.”
That was new owner’s main goal. In Górczyn, Poznań, on 120m2 designers from mode:lina placed a wine shop with bottles from many different parts of the world, accessories department and a tapas bar with tasting area. You can come and buy just one bottle, try some chorizo or stay and become pro wine taster just for one day.
Image Courtesy © Marcin Ratajczak & Avantgarde Studios
- Architects: mode:lina architekci
- Project: Fiesta Del Vino Wine Bar
- Location: Górczyn, Poznań, Poland
- Photography: Marcin Ratajczak & Avantgarde Studios
- Project Team: Paweł Garus, Jerzy Woźniak, Kinga Kin, Agnieszka Owsiany
- Realization: Listopad / November 2012
- Area: 120 m2
Sunday, May 5th, 2013
Article source: 07BEACH
Before starting design, the client specifically did not request so much. A few requests were, simply they wanted a cool restaurant above all, and its basis was a specialty restaurant of Tonkotsu Ramen (Pork soup Noodle) It is not easy to make just vaguely cool restaurant. So firstly I started to look for a main direction of the design. And I conceived of using Tonkotsu Ramen (Pork soup noodle) itself, which is popular but is far from the image of cool, as interior motifs to establish a cool Ramen restaurant.
Image Courtesy © Hiroyuki Oki
- Architects: 07BEACH
- Project: Ramen Bar Suzuki
- Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Photography: Hiroyuki Oki
- Designer: Joe Chikamori
- Area: 154.7 sqm
Thursday, April 25th, 2013
Article source: Shroffleon
Located within the historic Art Deco building that holds the Eros Theater within the colonial part of the Mumbai, the recently unveiled French Bistro Chez Vous occupies the space that previously housed the iconic Sundance Cafe. A reinterpretation of the classic European Eatery, the treatment of the white, black and green interiors plays off an iconic French Art Nuevo motif, by allowing for its contemporary reinterpretation, whilst translating it across various scales, textures and usages. The brief handed over to the architects demanded a contemporary understanding of a traditional French Bistro, complete with identifiable elements such as a long serving bar, multiple backboards and French inspired moldings, hosting approximately 70 covers. The primary concern, to both client and the designers was in crafting out a delicate balance between a traditional bistroesque atmosphere and an upscale South Mumbai destination, being mindful to not simply the re-creation of a mid-twentieth century Parisian coffee shop within a contemporary Indian city.
Image Courtesy Shroffleon
- Architects: Shroffleon
- Project: Chez Vous @ Sundance
- Location: Mumbai, Maharasthra, India
- Team: Kayzad Shroff, Maria I J leon, Pujan Shah
- Project Area: 1400 sq ft.