Archive for the ‘Bar’ Category
Tuesday, April 9th, 2013
Article source: Studiounodesign
Scalo 13 is a new bar & restaurant set inside a building that was designed to be used as a Directional Centre. Dating back to 1913, this area was once a massive hangar for the storage of airships (or dirigible blimps) whose purpose was to patrol the coastal areas of the Tyrrhenian and Ligurian Seas. A classical time period theme was the concept recommended for the development of the project design and decoration of the establishment.
Image Courtesy © Andrea Luchini
- Architects: Studiounodesign
- Project: Scalo13 – Bar & Restaurant
- Location: Pontedera, Italy
- Photography: Andrea Luchini
Sunday, March 17th, 2013
Article source: Central Arquitectos
The project explores the creation of a noble and refined place with a strong oriental inspiration.A mixture of noble materials such as marble, wood and gilt metal combined with a palette of warm colors and textured fabrics offers a cozy and comfortable ambient.The design of the ceiling comes from a reinterpretation of an oriental motif, standardized by a module that materializes a delicate mesh strongly emphasized by indirect lighting application.
Image Courtesy © Joao Morgado
- Architects: Central Arquitectos
- Project: Bo Zen Bar
- Location: Av. D. João II, Braga – Portugal
- Photography: Joao Morgado – Architecture Photography
- Client: Bô Zen
- Finished: 2012
- Area: 465 sqm
- Software used: AutoCAD, Revit Architecture, 3d Studio Max & Photoshop (3d images to present to the client),
Thursday, February 28th, 2013
Article source: theWorkshop Design Consultancy FZE
Prior to franchising the business, the Town Centre outlet was developed to establish the interior design identity of SUMO Sushi & Bento. Located in the centre of the mall’s octogonal atrium, the architecture for this first branch is a direct response to the existing context.
A sushi bar and satellite kitchen are placed on centre to act as the focal point, and the various seating arrangements are designed around the perimeter of the tenancy. Cantilevered and decorative light fittings compensate for the lack of a ceiling and introduce a sense of scale for the end user.
Image Courtesy theWorkshop Design Consultancy FZE
- Architects: theWorkshop Design Consultancy FZE
- Project: Sumo Sushi & Bento
- Location: Jumeirah Town Centre, Dubai, UAE
- Architect: Ghaith Ghantous (from theWorkshop Design Consultancy FZE)
- Contractor: Blue Camel
- Completed: July 2006
Tuesday, January 22nd, 2013
Article source: R-ZERO Studio
Spuntino (snack in Italian) was born in one of the most exclusive living and shopping centers of historical downtown Mexico City, a place to eat and drink quality wine, whose design aim lies in the creation of a contemporary yet pleasant ambience, almost homely, without abusing the over-sophistication that prevails in similar sites nowadays. Still, the starting point was a cold, colorless, not well lit locale, whose excessive height came about an uncomfortable sensation for the guests.
Image Courtesy R-ZERO Studio
- Architects: R-ZERO Studio
- Project: Spuntino Restaurant
- Location: Mexico City, Mexico
- Software used: Autocad 2010
Friday, January 4th, 2013
Article source: Wamhouse
“Ubojnia”is the second of twelve parts of an original collection called ”XII”, entirely full designed by Karina Wiciak (designer from Wamhouse).
Image Courtesy Wamhouse
Saturday, December 1st, 2012
Article source: Cyrille Druart
Located in the very heart of Paris, in the ever-changing district of Les Halles, La Cave a Vin 9 offers a new vision of wine bars – high-end yet within reach. We endeavoured to create a new kind of place, breaking away from conventions and all that is already known, rethinking its space to match the way people enjoy food and drinks today.
Image Courtesy Cyrille Druart
- Architects: Cyrille Druart
- Project: La Cave du Vin 9
- Location: Les Halles, Paris, France
- Software used: Autocad, Rhinoceros for 3D modeling then Maxwell for rendering.
Saturday, December 1st, 2012
Article source: Organic Scapes and Architecture [OS+A]
The concept design proposal is based on the social aspect that defines every manufactured product within its geographical scope. This social aspect manifests itself through the design of an externally equipped public space, internal common areas with natural light, an elaborate landscape and hard-scape design, a predisposition of interesting observation points and the contemplation of their surrounding context, and the desire to accentuate a constant permeable state between external and internal spaces.
Image Courtesy Organic Scapes and Architecture
- Architects: Organic Scapes and Architecture [OS+A]
- Project: Redevelopment of Malga Fosse
- Location: Comune di Siror, Trento, Italy
- Project in collaboration with: Chiara Marchionni, Luca Vernocchi
- Type: International Competition
- Program: Restaurant, Residence, Bar
- Year: 2012
- Status: Competition Entry
- Team: [OS+A – Gabriel Belli Butler, Stefano Rocchetti] in collaboration with: Chiara Marchionni, Luca Vernocchi
- Energy and Sustainabilty Consultant: Lukas Sosna
- Building Volume: 1740 m³
- Software used: Rhino 4.0, 3D studio Max 11, Vray 1.5, Adobe Illustrator and InDesign CS5
Thursday, November 8th, 2012
Article source: Capella Garcia Arquitectura
Jaleois a Spanish word that means shindig, fun, racket, hubbub… It’s something positive, festive, good-natured. This is the aim behind the interior design of the new restaurant. What’s more the word jaleo starts with the initial letters of the name José Andrés. So the design of Jaleo is a mixture of the festive spirit and the particular personality of its owner, one of the most daring culinary creators on the planet.
Image Courtesy Ken Wyner
- Architects:Capella Garcia Arquitectura
- Project: Restaurant Jaleo
- Location: Washington, DC
- Design: Capella Garcia Arquitectura / Juli Capella and Miquel Garcia
- Collaborator: Lorelay Gazo
- Local partner: Eric Gronning of ERIC GRONNING ARCHITECTS
- Jaleo Tapas Bar: by José Andrés
- Total area: 298 m2 (3,208.69 square feet)
- Client: José Andrés – Thinkfoodgroup
- Completion date: August 2012
- Photographs: Ken Wyner
Tuesday, November 6th, 2012
Article source: Bluarch
Located on the penthouse level of a commercial tower, this venue is a private bar/lounge/showroom for the liquor brand Right Gin. Similar venues were built in New York and Miami.
Image Courtesy Bluarch
- Architects: Bluarch
- Project: Right Gin Chicago
- Location: Chicago
Friday, October 26th, 2012
Article source: FARM
Who hasn’t, in their school-going days, skip a class or two, just to sleep in late or catch a movie on a quiet afternoon? In that spirit of playfulness and remembrances of lulling languid days, the design for Skyve Bistro was born. The bistro, thus named, also harks back to the compounds’ previous usage as a secondary school.
Image Courtesy FARM