Archive for the ‘Bar’ Category
Thursday, May 7th, 2015
Article source: CAA
This is a whole set brand space design for a chain. CAA brand team , is leading the design from brand strategy , ideas to supervision on the construction. The whole idea originates from traditional Chinese “bamboo weaving” elements combine with western “Arch” structure. Implementing modulization to realize it. Now it’s presenting Eastern Nostalgia experience and post-modernism.
Image Courtesy © CAA
- Architects: CAA
- Project: Jordan Road Restaurant & Bar
- Location: Hong Kong, China
- Creative Director: Liu Haowei
- Brand Strategy: CAA Brand Team
- Project Type: Catering Brand
- Project Area: 400㎡
- Design Date:10/2014
- Completion Date: 02/2015
Sunday, April 5th, 2015
Article source: NO Arquitectos Lda.
Design a disco club could be frightening and it may become a very naughty challenge. The requirements of the main public and the final purpose is the opposite of my main beliefs on architecture.
Some keywords for a program like this are ‘entertainment’, ‘vanity’, ‘excess’, ‘fantasy’ and somehow ‘performance’ seeking legitimacy.
Austerity and delict may coexist, depending on the critical state of awareness of the facts and its proper resolution, as A. Loos stood for. I’m out to read.
Image Courtesy © Arménio Teixeira
- Architects: NO Arquitectos Lda. (José Carlos Nunes de Oliveira, arch.)
- Project: Olympia Cinema
- Location: Rua Passos Manuel, Porto
- Photography: Arménio Teixeira
- Colaborators: André Oliveira arch; Hugo Araújo arch; Juliana Costa arch.
- Client: Olympia Will
- Constructors: Paulo Jesus Ribeiro; Vidraria da Povoa; Construções Perfeição; Alcino Tavares; Nelson Cunha; Joaquim Lopes; Sersilport; António Castro Sousa; Cozimoreira; Vidraria Barbosa
Tuesday, March 31st, 2015
Article source: Michael Davis Architects + Interiors
Cuisine: The cuisine will represent a wholly American palate with its roots firmly planted in upstate New York – multicultural , flavorful, simple, elegant, at times impromptu, seasonal, local, international. Inspiration will be drawn from all facets of the culinary team’s broad spectrum of experiences and tastes, with an emphasis on open fire roasting/cooking utilizing the two custom handcrafted wood burning fireplaces, one located in the main dining room and the other in the bar/lounge area.
Image Courtesy © NickWoodPhoto/Michael Davis Architects + Interiors
- Architects: Michael Davis Architects + Interiors
- Project: Fish & Game
- Location: 13 South 3rd Street. Hudson, NY 12534, USA
- Photography: NickWoodPhoto/Michael Davis Architects + Interiors
- Project Architect: Ronald J. Nemec
- Chefs/Owners: Zakary Pelaccio
- Partner: Patrick Milling Smith, producer & founding partner of Smuggler, a Film, TV, Commercial and Music Video production company representing a roster of award winning directors
- Distinctions: Nominated for Outstanding Restaurant Design Award, 2015
Saturday, March 21st, 2015
Article source: Minimal Architects
Interior space is sort of mixture between luxury shop and meeting spot. The main idea is to create minimalist lifestyle store where you can buy a bottle of great unique wine and at the same time you are able to stay in the shop for a little longer to try out different tastes or just to talk with a friend. Idea of lifestyle wine shop changes typical wine store image into some think more open for different generations – young as well as older people.
Image Courtesy © Minimal Architects
- Architects: Minimal Architects (Marek Wroblewski)
- Project: Wine Shop & Bar
- Location: Berlin, Germany
- Area: 120 sqm
- Year: 2015
Saturday, March 7th, 2015
Article source: v2com
Ikanos, an Old Montreal restaurant with Mediterranean flair and the little brother to Tasso, the Saint-Denis Street institution with an expansive vision, officially opened on October 14, 2014 at 112 McGill Street. For his new Mediterranean-inflected restaurant, the ambitious owner chose an imposing space on McGill, in an old warehouse that had more recently served as an artist’s studio. He selected blazysgérard to take on the challenge of crafting a strong identity for the space.
Image Courtesy © Jean Longpré
- Architects: BlazysGérard
- Project: Ikanos Restaurant
- Location: Montréal, Canada
- Photography: Jean Longpré
- Designers: Benoit Gérard and Alexandre Blazys
- Project manager: Alexandre Blazys
- Collaborators: St-Jean et Fils, Ébénisterie GDPro, Serge Cantin Métal, Italbec
- Client: Constant Mentzas
- Sector: Commercial
- Furnishing budget: $250,000 for a total budget of $700,000
- Project completion date: May 29, 2014
Tuesday, February 3rd, 2015
Article source: Masquespacio
Spanish creative consultancy Masquespacio present their last project Nozomi Sushi Bar. The project realized in Valencia consists in the branding and interior design for the new sushi restaurant from José Miguel Herrera and Nuria Morell, both passionate by the Japanese culture and specialists in authentic traditional sushi.
Image Courtesy © David Rodríguez y Carlos Huecas
- Architects: Masquespacio
- Project: Nozomi Sushi Bar
- Location: Pedro Tercero el Grande 11, 46005 Valencia, España
- Photography: David Rodríguez y Carlos Huecas
- Software used: 3D Max and Autocad
- Client: Nozomi Sushi Bar
- Completion: 19 de diciembre 2014
- Surface: 233 m2
- Creative Director: Ana Milena Hernández Palacios
- Creative junior: Nuria Martínez
- Architect junior: VirgíniaHinarejos
- Graphic junior: Jairo Pérez, Ana Diaz
- Construction: Helix
- Chairs & upholstery: Missana
- Wood: Cerejeira / Roble
- Fabrics chairs: Kvadrat
Thursday, January 29th, 2015
Article source: Workshop architects
La Botella Verde, “The Green Bottle”, is a new and casual bistro/store located in one of the hottest spots in Mérida, Saint Lucia’s Park. A relaxed atmosphere can be found within the revitalized space where you can enjoy a glass of wine with their appetizers.
Over the past year, Mérida’s historic downtown in Southeastern Mexico has enjoyed a comeback. Former colonial homes and XIX and XX century mansions are being restored to their former glory and Saint Lucia’s Park is part of that. With its historical features such as towering arches, the building was erected in the XIX century as a place to gather and enjoy what the city had to offer. With the passing of time, the building was abandoned and closed until a couple of years ago when its new owners restored it and offered spaces up for rent; most spaces were filled by restaurants, hearkening back to the building’s origins.
Image Courtesy © Workshop, diseño y construcción
- Architects: Workshop, diseño y construcción
- Project: Botella verde
- Location: Santa Lucía, Mérida, México
- Software used: AutoCAD and 3ds Max por plans
- DESIGN: Workshop ( Arq. Francisco Bernés Aranda / Arq. Fabián Gutiérrez Cetina / Arq. Francisco Herrera)
- DIMENTION: 50 m2
- YEAR: 2014
Tuesday, December 16th, 2014
Article source: Latitude Studio
Cafés, tearooms, dry cleaners, fast food restaurants and other urban spaces are taking on roles that historically belonged to our homes, from our living and dining rooms to our kitchens, bathrooms, and storage spaces. Nowadays, a café is a cozy place for friendship in the big city. It provides a space to share, and sell, a moment to complete our day. In this way, cafés are part of the modern city but also represent what they are replacing: our own home.
Image Courtesy © Latitude Studio
- Architects: Latitude Studio
- Project: BeanBar Café
- Location: Qingdao, China
- Project Manager: Lihui Sim
- Team: Bo Liu, Lisa Bai
- Chief Designer: Manuel N. Zornoza
- Client: BeanBar Café
- Program: 200 m²
- Year: 2014
Saturday, December 13th, 2014
Article source: Paolo Venturella Architecture
The Guggenheim Helsinki Museum is a “multi-functional” project that presents the Museum and other related services such as a multi-purpose space, a conference area, a retail plus a restaurant and a bar and lounge areas , and is positioned close to the historic center of the city in the harbour area just along the sea coast.
Image Courtesy © Paolo Venturella Architecture
- Architects: Paolo Venturella Architecture
- Project: “GUGGENEIGHT”- a path designed art museum
- Location: Helsinki, Finland
- Software used: Rhinoceros and Grasshopper to model the 3d and VRay and photoshop for the visuals
- Team Design: Cosimo Scotucci, Flavia Restaldi
- Year: 2014
Friday, December 12th, 2014
Article source: Söhne&Partner architects
The main focus of this design is the connection between the long tradition of the building of Sofiensäle and modern, contemporary architecture.
The Room is café, bar, restaurant and club in one location. The day design offers bright colors and a cozy feel-good atmosphere for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner or just a cup of coffee or tea, whilst the central bar area bribes the visitors at night with different lightning moods and fancy cocktails.
Image Courtesy © Söhne&Partner architects
Architects: Söhne&Partner architects
Project: The Room Sofiensäle
Location: Vienna, Austria (more…)