Archive for the ‘Bar’ Category
Thursday, January 5th, 2017
Article source: DesignAgency
Generator Rome is only a short walk from the Colosseum and Termini Station, in the Esquilino neighbourhood – one of the oldest areas in the city. The property reinvigorates an elegant 20th century residence on Via Principe Amedeo. Its surroundings include cinematic streetscapes, leading to picturesque squares, churches, parks and a vast array of bars, cafés and pizzerias, as well as authentic local markets.
DesignAgency took its inspiration from the distinctive flavours of this diverse and historic neighbourhood, as well as the Italian culture and the Roman trade routes that have left their marks on this area to create a vibrant and welcoming environment with subtle ethnic flair.
Image Courtesy © Mans Berg
- Architects: DesignAgency
- Project: Generator Rome
- Location: Via Principe Amedeo, 257, 00185 Rome, Italy
- Photography: Mans Berg
- Owner: Generator / Patron Capital
- Local Project Architect: L22, Milan
- Lighting Designer: artec3 studio
- Room Rates: starting at €20
- Launch Date: August 2016
Wednesday, December 14th, 2016
Article source: Visual Display S.r.l.
The new restaurant called BU.CO (an acronym of Burger&Cocktail) opened in September 2016 in the largest shopping centre of the Alpe Adria region (Città Fiera di Martignacco – Udine – Italy), as a project entirely conceived by Visual Display, the Italian creative agency specialised in retail design and brand building.
Image Courtesy © Matteo Favi Immagini
- Architects: Visual Display S.r.l. (Giulia Minozzi)
- Project: Bu.Co — Burger & Cocktail
- Location: Udine, Italy
- Photography: Matteo Favi Immagini
Tuesday, December 13th, 2016
Article source: DITTEL ARCHITEKTEN GMBH
The Primo Cafe Bar stands for high-quality coffee, an Italian lifestyle and a sustainable mind-set. In the spirit of this brand philosophy, an authentic interior design concept with natural materials and dedication to detail was created. The café was realized at the Zinser fashion store in Tübingen. Located in the pedestrian zone, it not only attracts people from the outside but also creates value for the store’s retail customers. The continuous glass façade reveals a warm atmosphere to passers-by which – in a symbiosis of light and material – makes them want to enjoy a coffee.
Image Courtesy © DITTEL ARCHITEKTEN GMBH
Thursday, December 8th, 2016
Article source: v2com
After winning the international architectural design competition, Stuttgart based wittfoht architekten were commissioned to build the extension of the World Trade Organization headquarters in Geneva. The new administrative building, integrated into the site, creates a feeling of openness and transparency.
world trade organization, Image Courtesy © Brigida González Fotografie
- Architects: wittfoht architekten
- Project: World Trade Organization
- Location: Genève, Switzerland
- Photography: Brigida González Fotografie
- Client: World Trade Organization
- Structural engineering: Schlaich Bergermann und Partner GmbH
- Energy engineering: Transsolar Energietechnik GmbH
- Domestic engineering: Weinmann energies sa
- Electrical engineering: mab ingénierie sa
- Structural physics: Bobran Ingenieure
- General contractor: Implenia entreprise générale sa
- Gross floor area: 14.500 square meters
- Gross volume: 56.800 cubic meters
- Competition: 2009 – 1st prize
- Construction period: 01/2011 – 07/2013
- Year: 2013
Friday, December 2nd, 2016
Article source: NEXT architects
What can be done with a 18.000 m2 empty office building situated at the outskirts of the city and that has been deemed unsuited for redevelopment for the last 11 years? This is the big challenge faced with B.Amsterdam at the Johan Huizingalaan in Amsterdam. From the start, NEXT architects was closely involved in the transformation of this static cube-shaped building into a lively hotspot for startups, freelancers and creative entrepreneurs. Strategic interventions are used to strengthen the quality, experience and identity of the building.
Image Courtesy © Francisco Nogueira
- Architects: NEXT architects
- Project: B.Amsterdam
- Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Photography: Francisco Nogueira
- Client: Timeless Investments
- Team: Marijn Schenk, Mark Spijkerman, Arno Kwint and Douwe Strating (NEXT)
- Collaborator/ Associate: Guus Meulendijks (B.Amsterdam) / Luuk van der Broek (Collaboration-O)
- Advisor construction: Van Rossum, Amsterdam
- Advisor: Peutz, Zoetermeer
- Main contractor: Retail Bouw Nederland, Doetinchem
- Installations: Gouweloos Electrotechniek BV / Roodenburg Installatiebedrijf BV
- Floor area / Span: 18.000 m2
- Final design: February 2015
- Completion: September 2016
Thursday, November 3rd, 2016
Article source: Muñoz Arquitectos Asociados
Hermana República is a tasting place for Patito a beer made in a local brewery. Behind this tasting spot is the factory where the beer is made.
There are two conceptual axis that ruled this project; the first one was to create an environment that has a bound with the beer production, an industrial environment that is also a comfortable place to drink beer. The plan was to create a place that had an environment of a yucatecan cantina and a good restaurant where you can go and have a quality meal.
Image Courtesy © Marcos Betanzos
- Architects: Muñoz Arquitectos Asociados
- Project: Hermana Republica
- Location: Merida, Yucatan, Mexico
- Photography: Marcos Betanzos
- Software used: Autocad
- Built area: 235.55 (m2)
- Year: 2015
Thursday, October 27th, 2016
Article source: Zavoral architekt
Copper bar is located in the historicist house with arcade on Smetana Square in the town centre of Litomysl.
We intended to create a new strong interior characterter which would suit to the historical centre and which would replace previous fading bar. Clients asked for intimate bar where you can enjoy conversation over a glass and feel comfortable.
Image Courtesy © BoysPlayNice
- Architects: Zavoral architekt
- Project: Copper bar
- Location: Smetanovo namesti 136, Litomysl, Czech Republic
- Photography: BoysPlayNice
- Budget: 450 000 CZK / 16 500 EUR
- Area: 68 sqm
- Realisation: 2016
Thursday, October 27th, 2016
Article source: Raya Shankhwalker Architects
“Soro”, meaning alcoholic beverage in Konkani is a tavern conceptualised within the ruins of an old corner store. The corner store itself became the protagonist in the story of the bar; the design is centred around the concept of a 1940’s warehouse owned by a local dealer who traded in different merchandise. Thus retaining as much of the original structure as possible became pivotal.
Image Courtesy © Raya Shankhwalker Architects
Tuesday, October 25th, 2016
Article source: El Equipo Creativo
At the recent annual Restaurant & Bar Design Awards held in London, El Equipo Creativo was awarded two Restaurant & Bar Design Awards for their design of the Blue Wave bar (currently OneOcean Bar) in Barcelona.
The Award ceremony started positively for El Equipo Creativo when the Blue Wave bar design received the ´Best Europe Bar´ design award and ended on an even better note with the team being called back on stage to collect the most coveted international bar design award: ‘Best Overall Bar´.
Image Courtesy © Adrià Goula
- Architects: El Equipo Creativo
- Project: Blue Wave bar
- Location: Moll de la Barceloneta 1, Barcelona
- Photography: Adrià Goula
- Software used: AutoCAD
- Client: OneOcean Port Vell, Salamanca Group
- Studio: El Equipo Creativo_ Oliver Franz Schmidt + Natali Canas del Pozo + Lucas Echeveste Lacy
- Project: Team Néstor Veloso, Anna Martínez Salom, Cristòfol Tauler, Savina Radeva, Cristina Huguet, Anna Serra
- Size: 198m2
Tuesday, October 25th, 2016
Article source: EINSTEIN & ASSOCIATES
Located at Jl Senopati Raya no 64, Jakarta –Indonesia. 3rd avenue, another venture by the people behind Wilshire and Bottega Ristorante. Senopati is a highly known area for foodies’ destination, with the rapid number of restaurants growth in this elite neighborhood. 3rd Avenue is located just above Wilshire Restaurant at the 3rd floor.The name 3rd Avenue comes from the 3rd street in Los Angeles, a major east and west thoroughfare. This Whiskey Bar & Lounge is designed to be posh, modern and also classy. The upside of having this location of is that it’s located near Jakarta’s central business district ,hence the breathtaking,magnificent skyline view from the rooftop of this bar.
Image Courtesy © EINSTEIN & ASSOCIATES
- Architects: EINSTEIN & ASSOCIATES
- Project: 3rd Avenue Bar
- Location: Senopati Raya no 64 – Jakarta, Indonesia
- Principal Architect: Leo Einstein Franciscus
- Total floor area: 200 m2
- Completed: 27 january 2016