Archive for the ‘Bar’ Category
Tuesday, October 25th, 2016
Article source: El Equipo Creativo
At the recent annual Restaurant & Bar Design Awards held in London, El Equipo Creativo was awarded two Restaurant & Bar Design Awards for their design of the Blue Wave bar (currently OneOcean Bar) in Barcelona.
The Award ceremony started positively for El Equipo Creativo when the Blue Wave bar design received the ´Best Europe Bar´ design award and ended on an even better note with the team being called back on stage to collect the most coveted international bar design award: ‘Best Overall Bar´.
Image Courtesy © Adrià Goula
- Architects: El Equipo Creativo
- Project: Blue Wave bar
- Location: Moll de la Barceloneta 1, Barcelona
- Photography: Adrià Goula
- Software used: AutoCAD
- Client: OneOcean Port Vell, Salamanca Group
- Studio: El Equipo Creativo_ Oliver Franz Schmidt + Natali Canas del Pozo + Lucas Echeveste Lacy
- Project: Team Néstor Veloso, Anna Martínez Salom, Cristòfol Tauler, Savina Radeva, Cristina Huguet, Anna Serra
- Size: 198m2
Tuesday, October 25th, 2016
Article source: EINSTEIN & ASSOCIATES
Located at Jl Senopati Raya no 64, Jakarta –Indonesia. 3rd avenue, another venture by the people behind Wilshire and Bottega Ristorante. Senopati is a highly known area for foodies’ destination, with the rapid number of restaurants growth in this elite neighborhood. 3rd Avenue is located just above Wilshire Restaurant at the 3rd floor.The name 3rd Avenue comes from the 3rd street in Los Angeles, a major east and west thoroughfare. This Whiskey Bar & Lounge is designed to be posh, modern and also classy. The upside of having this location of is that it’s located near Jakarta’s central business district ,hence the breathtaking,magnificent skyline view from the rooftop of this bar.
Image Courtesy © EINSTEIN & ASSOCIATES
- Architects: EINSTEIN & ASSOCIATES
- Project: 3rd Avenue Bar
- Location: Senopati Raya no 64 – Jakarta, Indonesia
- Principal Architect: Leo Einstein Franciscus
- Total floor area: 200 m2
- Completed: 27 january 2016
Thursday, October 6th, 2016
Article source: v2com
100% Design, the UK’s largest design trade show, announces its line-up of specially commissioned installations and features, reflecting both conceptually and physically this year’s theme of ‘experience’. Each installation will play on the senses to map a multi-sensory journey through the show, allowing visitors to immerse themselves in contemporary product design and be inspired by the possibilities enabled by great design.
The Central Bar at 100% Design has long been a hub for networking, a symbolic destination at the heart of both the show itself and the wider design industry. This year the 100% Design team has brought together a stream of uprights with colour scales adding drama to the central space, defining the area and providing a moment of shelter. The dramatic overhead installation is intended to provide a focal point for the entire show, surrounded by specially devised fins that define the entire space.
Design Path by Hakwood, Image Courtesy © 100% Design
- Architects: 100% Design
- Project: Features and installations for 2016 edition
- Location: London, United Kingdom
Tuesday, October 4th, 2016
Article source: Linehouse
Located in Jing’an, Shanghai on a tree lined street, Tribeca is a New York style gastro pub. The interior has a lightness and a freshness, which is a departure from the surrounding dark and industrial bars and restaurants.
Linehouse wanted to create a strong distinction between the existing and the new; a white datum was inserted into the space which operates as a shelf for display at high level and wraps the bar with a perimeter of shadowless bulbs suspended below. This new insertion contrasts to the existing concrete shell, which was left in its raw state.
Image Courtesy © Dirk Weiblen
- Architects: Linehouse
- Project: Tribeca
- Location: 966 Wuding Road, Jing’an District, Shanghai
- Photography: Dirk Weiblen
- Area: 90sqm
- Year of completion: 2015
Thursday, September 29th, 2016
Article source: Estudio Arn Arquitectos
Sometimes the fact of building is just about erasing layers. This is the basis of the project for the refurbishment of the “Posito Pesquero”. How to rediscover the inner architecture has been hidden for years.
What initially was meant to be the repair of some humidity and filtrations, turned out to be the full rehabilitation of this historical building, which dates to 1860, to its original value.
Image Courtesy © David Frutos
- Architects: Estudio Arn Arquitectos
- Project: Virgen del Carmen Bar
- Location: Santa Pola, Alicante, Spain
- Photography: David Frutos
- Architects in Charge: José Amorós Gonzálvez, Luis Rubiato Brotons, Patricia Navarro Mazón
- Manufacturers: BASF, Erco, Grohe, INCLASS, Thermochip
- Promotion: Cofradía de Pescadores de Santa Pola
- Technical Architect: Elena Rogel Ruíz
- Industrial Engineer: Amorós Ingenieros, María Amorós Gonzálvez
- Calculist: Raúl Álamo Brotons
- Collaborator: Universidad de Alicante (GIRA), Miguel Louis Cereceda, Yolanda Spairani Berrio, Raúl Prado Govea, Jose Antonio Huesca Tortosa, Ángeles García del Cura, David Benavente
- Santa Pola Municipality: Rafael Plá
- Construction: Grupo Renovak Rehabilitación de Edificios
- Wood Works: Carpinteria Quiver
- Steel Works: Cerrajería La Vila
- Paintor: Decokeren
- Fountain: Fontanería Galiana
- Electricity: Electricidad Paquete
Thursday, September 29th, 2016
Article source: Dom Arquitectura
The aim of the project is to renovate and repurpose the first floor of Roses’ ‘Hotel Maritim’, in a ‘tapas’ and drinks bar.
The hotel is located on the seafront of Roses, a traditional fishing village, specifically on the beach promenade. The main objective is to give ‘Mediterranean character’ to the new space. The first floor used to be a closed interior space and a small outside terrace, of 3m wide, divided by a line of sliding doors. The key idea was to eliminate that division understanding the space as a unique covered outer space. For that purpose, we placed on the façade’s edge glass curtains, sliding and folding panels such as those of ‘See Glass’. This move allowed us to unify the whole space, without any frame or division, connecting it to the outside beach promenade and the sea.
Image Courtesy © Jordi Anguera
- Architects: Dom Arquitectura (Pablo Serrano Elorduy + Blanca Elorduy + Carlota de Gispert)
- Project: Les Algues Chill and drinks
- Location: Roses, Spain
- Photography: Jordi Anguera
- Branding & Marketing partners: Agencia Hache
- Surface: 230 m2
- Project date: 2016
Thursday, September 22nd, 2016
Article source: RC Group
For the Passaggio project our firm had to design a cocktail restaurant, which would be completely different from what we usually encounter. The clients requested a truly innovative and out of the box design, that would bring together elements of nature whilst achieving perfect harmony between the natural elements and the crowded metropolis.
Image Courtesy © George Fakaros
- Architects: RC Group
- Project: Passaggio Coffee/Bar/Restaurant
- Location: Athens,Greece
- Photography: George Fakaros
- Software used: Archicad
- Year: 2016
Thursday, September 22nd, 2016
Article source: Latitude
Dongli Brewery was created to surprise and indulge patrons with a unique craft beer tasting experience. The concept delivers the expertise gained from working with traditional craft beer fermentation techniques to a contemporary and cozy gathering place.
Image Courtesy © Youtao Cao
- Architects: Latitude
- Project: Dongli Brewery
- Location: Beijing, China
- Photography: Youtao Cao
- Client: Beijing Pengyouquan coffee (Beijing) Co., Ltd
- Principal Architect: Manuel N. Zornoza
- Project Architect: Jorge Cortés de Castro
- Team: Manuel Coves Botella, Lucía Bravo Guinea, Zhang Wen
- Budget: 140,000€
- Program: 350 m2
- Year: 2015 – 2016
- Status: Completed
Friday, September 16th, 2016
Article source: Fokkema & Partners Architecten BV
At the 5th floor of the new skyscraper ‘De Rotterdam’, Fokkema & Partners designed a new office for the international trade company Nidera. The interior celebrates the scale and character of the building, but above all it identifies with the characteristics of the company, where ‘bold’ and ‘corporate’ meet.
Image Courtesy © Horizon Photoworks
- Architects: Fokkema & Partners Architecten BV
- Project: Nidera
- Location: Wilhelminakade 177, 3072 AP Rotterdam, the Netherlands
- Photography: Horizon Photoworks
- Architect Exterior O.M.A.
- Client: Nidera
- Size: 4.500 m2
- Start Date: January 2015
- Completion Date: November 2015
Tuesday, September 6th, 2016
Article source: Twins Studio
With its 80-indoor seat capacity and other 80 on the open terrace, the place is located at the ground floor of Ethos House office building, but the few climbing stairs give the impression of being at height. Bistro Fratellini is in the middle of a green and quiet area, and is the suitable place for those who want to run away from the city excitement.
Image Courtesy © Twins Studio
- Architects: Twins Studio (Mihai Popescu)
- Project: Fratellini Bistro
- Location: Bucharest, Romania