Archive for the ‘Bar’ Category
Thursday, June 1st, 2017
Article source: RICARDO BOFILL TALLER DE ARQUITECTURA
Identification on the part of some members of the Taller de Arquitectura with certain ideas of the Archigram movement, and enthusiasm for experimentation with geometry and its application possibilities to housing, are two factors given tangible form in Kafka’s Castle. This apartment building, on a hill overlooking the bay of Sitges, is fruit of the clustering of cubes around nuclei of vertical circulation. Each cube contains a minimalist environment: living-dining room or bathroom-bedroom, articulated on different levels. The color of the façades, chosen from a range of blues, expresses the intention to merge the building with its natural background, the sky.
Image Courtesy © RICARDO BOFILL TALLER DE ARQUITECTURA
Wednesday, May 31st, 2017
Article source: Snøhetta
Snøhetta has created a holistic interior design and visual identity for the restaurant Hunter Bar, located at the newly built international terminal at Oslo Airport. Hunter Bar is conceived as a hunting lodge where guests can seek shelter and relax leaning back onto the wall of the centrally placed cabin. The restaurant has a rustic and robust expression, drawing inspiration from buildings in weather-torn locations. With the use of roughly cut wooden elements, raw steel, and leather in natural tones, the design evokes an atmosphere rich with associations to nature and hunting traditions.
Image Courtesy © Ketil Jacobsen
- Architects: Snøhetta
- Project: Hunter Bar
- Location: Oslo, Norway
- Photography: Ketil Jacobsen
Tuesday, May 30th, 2017
Article source: Studio Munge
Located in the heart of fashionable Williamsburg, Leuca is the latest addition to the NoHo Hospitality Group’s collection of New York hot spots. Built within The William Vale hotel, the 5820 sq. ft. venue celebrates Southern Italian cuisine in a menu of wood-fired pizza, earthy pastas and grilled specialties crafted by chef Andrew Carmellini. Meant as an inviting, sophisticated yet approachable setting for travelers and locals alike to socialize in, the soulful 187 seat restaurant was designed following the poetic narrative of a young couple and their little girl relocating from Europe to Brooklyn. The venue is a romantic projection of their childhood spent in Italy and a reminiscence of their Nona’s country house.
Image Courtesy © Michael Stavaridis
- Architects: Studio Munge
- Project: LEUCA at The William Vale
- Location: New York, USA
- Photography: Michael Stavaridis and Maxime Bocken
Friday, May 19th, 2017
Article source: GRAFT
In Berlin, on the site of “Urbane Mitte” between the eastern and western parts of Gleisdreieck Park, GRAFT designed and planned a mobile brewery and beer garden. The building for BRLO BRWHOUSE combines a restaurant and bar, beer garden and events space with a craft brewery and administration spaces and is remarkable for its modular container architecture.
Image Courtesy © GRAFT
- Architects: GRAFT
- Project: BRLO BRWHOUSE
- Location: BERLIN, GERMANY
- Software used: Autocad
- Client: Braukunst Berlin GmbH
- Founding Partners: Lars Krückeberg, Wolfram Putz, Thomas Willemeit
- Project Lead: Raphael N. Hemmer
- Project Team: Ralf Bliem, Felix Grauer
- Size: 600 m²
- Year: 2016
Wednesday, May 17th, 2017
Article source: mar.s architects
From the original “boat” interior we only kept wooden ceiling and beams and gave the floors new coat of paint. The oak furniture wooden elements stand out thanks to monochrome interior, including the gemstone of the restaurant – Dry Ager – where the meat matures. The only colour elements that lit up the whole area are gold insides of the pendant lamps. The front wall is decorated with original graphic by Jakub Šejvl that refers to the origins of steaks.
Image Courtesy © BoysPlayNice – Jakub Skokan and Martin Tůma
- Architects: mar.s architects
- Project: Dock House
- Location: Michelská 59, Prague – Michle, Czech Republic
- Photography: BoysPlayNice – Jakub Skokan and Martin Tůma
- Investor: Dock food, s.r.o.
- Surface: 65m2
- Realization: 6-7 2016
Wednesday, May 17th, 2017
Article source: Tellini Vontobel Arquitetura
Perro Libre produce craft beers and have called us to create an innovative design with a system of 10 taps integrat-ed with ipads and card reader. The customer arrives, checks in and credits a value, thereby releasing the chopp taps.
The concept we created was to make a cool space, creative and different.
Image Courtesy © Cristiano Bauce
- Architects: Tellini Vontobel Arquitetura
- Project: Perro Libre Tap Room
- Location: Porto Alegre, Rs – Brazil
- Photography: Cristiano Bauce
- Client: Perro Libre
- Interior design: Tellini Vontobel Arquitetura
Tuesday, May 9th, 2017
Article source: JJA / Bespoke Architecture
TATE Dining Room and Bar on Hong Kong’s historic Hollywood Road is the newest iteration of this Michelin Rated Restaurant by founder Chef Vicky Lau. Winner of Asia’s Best Female Chef Award in 2015, Chef Lau transforms her dreams, memories, and conceptual ideas into artful gastronomic iterations. This bar designed in collaboration with James JJ Acuna of JJA / Bespoke Architecture, is the culmination of her creative process, taking the much talked about Artful Dining experience to new heights and new directions.
Image Courtesy © James John Jetel
- Architects: JJA / Bespoke Architecture (James JJ Acuna) in Collaboration With Chef Vicky Lau
- Project: Tate Dining Room and Bar, Butler Catering Services and Poem Cake and Pastry Shop
- Location: Hong Kong
- Photography: James John Jetel
- Client: Design Department (HK) LTD.
- Artist Collaborations: Elsa Jeandedieu and Calico Wallpaper
- Area: Approx. 2,200 sq.ft. (front of house) + 1,160 sq.ft. (back of house)
- Date of Completion: February 2017
Tuesday, May 9th, 2017
Article source: hcreates
Shanghai’s first Gastropub, Liquid Laundry, is located in the former French concession. The bar and restaurant covers a spacious floor space of 700 sqm’s. The design cleverly allows a seamless flow from the lounge bar to informal and formal dining areas that are intertwined between the lounge bar, pizza oven, DJ’ decks and onsite brewery.
Image Courtesy © Sean Powers Photography
- Architects: hcreates
- Project: Liquid Laundry
- Location: Huaihai Road, Shanghai, China
- Photography: Sean Powers Photography
- Graphic Design and Branding: The Orange Blowfish
- Designer(s): Hannah Churchill
- Built Area: 700m2
- Design Year: 2014
Tuesday, May 2nd, 2017
Article source: Robot 3 Studio
Each ring road of Beijing is a rough division of social class. The invisible wall made up of power and wealth divides Beijing into pieces of fixed territories, some of which are inaccessible for majority of people in their whole life. Each territory has a stable hierarchical structure and complicated codes. Design is the way to overcome the obstacles and crack the code.
Image Courtesy © Deng Xi-Xun
- Architects: Robot 3 Studio
- Project: Metal Hut-Lucky Bar
- Location: Kexing West Road, No. 43, Changping District, Beijing, China
- Photography: Deng Xi-Xun
- Designers: Pan Fei, Wang Zhi
- Contractor: Beijing Jingchuanjiamei Decoration Co., Ltd
- Area: 76 sqm
- Design time: 2016.03-2016.04
- Completion time: 2016.05
Tuesday, May 2nd, 2017
Article source: Menos é Mais Arquitectos Associados, lda
Architecture is not built without matter as it imposes a physuical limit.
The limits of this object reside in the precise definition of its structural ‘parti’ as much as in the desire of achieveing a limitless state.
The brief asked for a versatile space, protected from the seasonal changes of weather but open to the river breeze in warmer days.
The condition of its openings is such that the object becomes with ease a ‘covered’ esplanade.
Image Courtesy © Menos é Mais Arquitectos Associados, lda
- Architects: Menos é Mais Arquitectos Associados, lda
- Project: Ar de Rio Bar Esplanade
- Location: Avenida Diogo Botelho, Vila Nova de Gaia, Portugal
- Collaborators: António Ferreira
- Engineering Structures: ETEC, Mota Freitas, Miguel Guimarães, Alexandra Feliz
- Hydraulic equipments: Alípio Guedes
- Constructor: DEWPOINT with TEGOPI
- Graphic Designer: Helena Nogueira
- Floor area: 108 m²
- Date of construction: 2008 (more…)