Archive for the ‘Bar’ Category
Thursday, March 3rd, 2016
Article source: LOdesigner
Design project of the cafe – bar (flight) became the winner of the international competition PREMIO Le 5 Stagioni. Among the 184 projects announced for the competition, the professional jury has been selected the winner of Project Cafe – bar FLIGHT.
Image Courtesy © LOdesigner
Friday, February 26th, 2016
Article source: Only If
In early 2016, Voyager Espresso, a new specialty coffee bar, opened in a subway concourse of the Fulton Street station, in Manhattan’s Financial District. The architect, Only If, was commissioned by the Australian team of Owner Prudence Reid and Owner/Barista Aaron Barnard to develop an innovative architectural and interior design for its initial retail location in this unusual underground site. Voyager Espresso, with its integration of an artistic and scientific approach to coffee, is a welcomed addition to the lagging food scene of the Financial District. Its rotating menu features seasonal, fresh crop coffees from the best roasters in the United States.
Image Courtesy © Michael Vahrenwald / ESTO`
- Architects: Only If
- Project: Voyager Espresso
- Location: 110 William Street, New York, NY, USA
- Photography: Michael Vahrenwald / ESTO
- Design Team: Karolina Czeczek, Matthew Davis, Adam Snow Frampton, AIA, Francesca Pagliaro, James Schrader, Jon Siani
- Collaborators: Dot Dash (Specialist Lighting)
- Contractor: RZ Project Management Corp.
- Scale: 550ft2 (51m2)
- Completed: January 2016
- Software used: AutoCAD 2015, Rhino 5, and Adobe Creative Suite
Tuesday, February 23rd, 2016
Article source: v2com
Das Bier enhanced the premises of a former show bar, by implanting the industrial style German “Bierhall” concept, meeting point between the European cult for great beers and the Rosemont neighborhood lifestyle.
Image Courtesy © Adrien Williams
Tuesday, February 16th, 2016
Article source: Arkan Zeytinoglu Architects
A high-end family hotel in the middle of the biggest skiing and hiking region of Upper Austria – the new Leading family Hotel & Resort Dachsteinkönig is going to exceed all expectations. Its ground breaking took place in December 2014 and is planned to be completed by the end of 2016.
Image Courtesy © Arkan Zeytinoglu Architects & miss3 s.r.o.
- Architects: Arkan Zeytinoglu Architects
- Project: Leading Family Hotel & Resort Dachsteinkönig
- Location: Gosau, Austria
- Client: Hotel – Dachsteinkönig Hotel GmbH, Chalets – Dachstein Chalet Errichtungs GmbH
- Redenrings: Arkan Zeytinoglu Architects & miss3 s.r.o.
- Competition: May 2013
- Start of planning: June 2013
- Start of construction: December 2014
- Completion: December 2016
- S Hotel:105 Rooms, 12 Chalets, 2 Restaurants, Kids Restaurant, Café, Bakery, Bar, Shop, Kids Pool
Sunday, January 31st, 2016
Article source: atelier qbe3
“CIN CIN Bar has always been a historic landmark for happy our time in Cuneo.After a short period of closure, Cin Cin comes back with a renewed concept and unique design.”Freedom, adaptability, quality and courtesy are the keywords that inspired the new design.
Image Courtesy © Centrophoto
- Architects: atelier qbe3
- Project: CIN CIN Cocktail bar
- Location: Cuneo (CN), Piemonte, Italy
- Photography: Centrophoto
- Total Area: 40 m2
- Year: 2015
Sunday, January 31st, 2016
Article source: Florian Busch Architects
Until some time ago, there were, we are told, 12 bars spread over three 2-storey houses on this 50 m2 plot on Kiyamachidori, adjacent to one of Kyoto’s most intricate network of night alleys, Pontocho, where a vibrant mixture of bars, brothels, inns, dwellings, shops have for centuries created an urban atmosphere of essential Kyoto nightlife. With an unobtrusive high-end restaurant next to a (visually less subtle) cheap yakitori, with a hidden gem of a ryokan at the end of the narrowest of side-alleys across an enigmatic place commanding courage to enter, any walk here leads to eventual surprises.
Image Courtesy © Nacasa+Partners
- Architects: Florian Busch Architects
- Project: K8 in Kyoto
- Location: Kiyamachidori, Shijo-Kawaramachi, Kyoto, Japan
- Photography: Nacasa+Partners
- Project Team: FBA: Florian Busch, Sachiko Miyazaki, Suguru Takahashi, Akira Miyamoto, Antoine Vaxelaire, Renee Reder, Oliver Pershav, Katie Colford (intern), ShioriSageshima (intern), Anne-Marlene Rüede (intern), Kayo Nakamura (intern)
- Structural engineering: OAK (Masato Araya, Tomonori Kawata)
- Contractor: Mugishima Corp.
- Gross floor area: 155.98 m²
- Height: 16.7m
Saturday, December 19th, 2015
Article source: at26
Will be occupy a very small space on San Ignacio street in Old Town of Havana, Capital of Cuba. Will be also neighbor upon Plaza Vieja, square which is just resurrected from longtime sleeping. We do not try to design space which aspire to by just new fancy bar with glamour atmosphere. We try to design spot which will mirroring \”dirty\” and \”juicy\” soul of Old Town. Something which will using mixture of all suggestions You can meet in every street here …
Image Courtesy © at26
- Architects: at26
- Project: Papa Ernesto -Streetfood bar
- Location: Havana, Cuba
Saturday, December 5th, 2015
Article source: DIA – Dittel Architekten
The architectural firm DITTEL | ARCHITEKTEN has developed and implemented a holistic new space concept for the nestor Hotel Neckarsulm. The redesign includes the entrance area with reception and lobby as well as the bar, lounge and restaurant and covers an area of 500 square metres. The change is aimed at presenting a clear design that welcomes and guides the guest while creating a pleasant atmosphere. The hotel was opened again in September 2015.
Wine bar with accessible wine cabinet, Image Courtesy © DIA – Dittel Architekten
- Architects: DIA – Dittel Architekten
- Project: Nestor Hotel Neckarsulm
- Location: Neckarsulm, Germany
- Software used: Vectorworks
Thursday, November 19th, 2015
Article source: PRISM DESIGN
Both Music is a café bar nestled in Shanghai’s Red Town of Sculpture Museum creative district. Combining an eclectic mix of music, art, and photography, it’s a hidden haven for beat-makers and audiophiles in Shanghai who want to relax to a curated selection of Vinyl’s funk, soul, jazz, and hip-hop.
Image Courtesy © PRISM DESIGN
- Architects: PRISM DESIGN
- Project: Both Music
- Location: B106, Red Town Sculpture Museum, 570 Huaihai W Rd, Changning, Shanghai, China
- Category: Both music: vinyl records bar, books library 170 sqm
- Construction: Jf design & construction co,.ltd
- Design period: June.2015 – August.2015
- Construction period: August.2015 – September.2015
Tuesday, November 17th, 2015
Article source: Designer Robert Kolenik
‘‘To create affordable luxury in beautiful surroundings’ was the brief given to the Dutch designer Robert Kolenik by the owners of Restaurant De Werf. This charming, historic building is now an elegant restaurant with the capacity for nearly 80 covers inside and at least 180 covers outside on its stunning waterside terrace.
Image Courtesy © Rene van Dongen
- Architects: Designer Robert Kolenik
- Project: New hotspot restaurant De Werf
- Location: Veerre, Netherlands
- Photography: Rene van Dongen