Article source: Cao Pu studio
Located in Changsha, the 17-storey Firework Mansion used to be the dormitory building for staff of the former state-owned fireworks company. Nowadays, young people have moved away, so those left are mostly retired elderly people.
There is a 60 m2 apartment on the top floor of the building. The once high-expense complete shear wall structure forms a light tight environment. Even in daytime, the interior is dim. The owners want to transfer this apartment into a family bookstore, and name it “Reedom”. They wish to provide a good place to go for the residents in Firework Mansion.
- Architects: Cao Pu studio
- Project: Reedom bookstore
- Location: 1703 Firework Mansion, No.605 Furong Mid Road, Changsha, China
- Photography: Zhang Zheming
- Design Team: Cao Pu Cui Hao (structural consultant)
- Construction: Zou Baolin, Zeng Wenli
- Area: 60 m²
- Finish: Floor, Wall, Ceiling