Archive for the ‘Building Campus’ Category
Thursday, May 31st, 2012
Article source: HOLDUP
‘ Owing To Progress In Transportation And Communication, Any Place Can Be Considered “Central”, Even Though Geographically Remote. There’s No Choice To Make Between A Stimulating City Lifestyle And A Healthier One In The Countryside: We Can Have Both! ’
- Architects: HOLDUP Architecture
- Project: Yashiki Mori
- Location: Tomisato-Shi, Japan
- Typology: 8 Detached Houses
- Floor Area: 3,000sqm
- Status: Competition Entry
- Completion: May 2012
- Budget: Undisclosed
- Condition: Invited Competition
- Client: Hacocoto Inc
- Project Architecture: Yuki Chida
- Software used: Made with Autocad and render with 3ds max/vray
Friday, May 25th, 2012
Article source: Daniel Bonilla Arquitectos
Universidad EAN – El Nogal Campus – Classroom building is the result of a competition by invitation, where we propose to set up a university campus where the buildings are as important as the common open spaces. A place where students can meet, study, rest, … a second home for education and fun. The strategy was to generate a large colective space, a central upward spiral, surrounded by a classroom building (Phase 1) and the offices and welfare building.
Image Courtesy Rodrigo Dávila
- Architects: Daniel Bonilla Arquitectos
- Project: Universidad EAN – El Nogal Campus – Classroom building
- Location: Bogotá, Colombia
- Client: Universidad EAN
- Built area: 14016.8 m2
- Construction date: 2009 -2011
- Architectural design: Daniel Bonilla Arquitectos – Taller de Arquitectura de Bogotá /TAB
- Design team: María Alejandra Echeverry, María Paula González, Elizabeth Añaños, Sebastián Chica, Alexander Roa, Guillermo Barahona, Alex Larin
- Photographer: Rodrigo Dávila – Daniel Bonilla
Saturday, April 14th, 2012
Article source: Guillermo Hevia H.
A simple line architecture giving answers for two autonomous processes;, car predelivery and preparation and car spare parts distribution, incorporating latest technologies and bioclimate to the buildings.
The terrain (16 há) is a big esplanade for car parking, consisting of a big park as the central axis , with green and service areas forming differentiated entrances leading to the personnel service building and preceded by a water surface with a totem bearing the company logo. It is a simple architecture of closed big volumes, stainless steel color cut by horizontal window stripes looking like mobile lighting lines ,where red corporate color is determinant in the whole entirety both, day and night. Entrances have also sun and rain protection marquees.
Image Courtesy Guy Wenborne
- Architects: Guillermo Hevia H.
- Project: Derco S.A.
- Location: Av. Américo Vespucio / Lo Boza, Santiago – Chile
- Collaborator: Francisco Carrión G., Tomás Villalón A., Carlos Reyes C., Marcela Suazo M.
- Bioclimate: BIOTECH Chile Consultores, Jorge Ramírez
- Area Surface: 160.000 m2
- Building Area: 20.000 m2
- Year: 2006
- Material: Concrete at sight, Steel, pre painted metallic linings,temperate glasses with red corporate color serigraphy
- Software used: Autocad, 3dmax, Cinema4D + Vray and TAS for bioclimatic evaluation
Saturday, March 24th, 2012
Article source: Fletcher Priest Architects
A 16 storey office building next to St Mary Axe has started on site last month. Designed by Fletcher Priest Architects for AXA Real Estate, MGPA , EUROHYPO and CORE, the new 234,200 sqft office will be a distinctive addition to the City, and its dramatic ETFE covered roof garden will enliven the surrounding roof scape.
Image Courtesy Cityscape and Fletcher Priest Architects
- Architects: Fletcher Priest Architects
- Project: 6 Bevis Marks
- Location: London
- Client: AXA Real Estate/ MGPA / EUROHYPO / CORE
- Planning Consultant : DP9
- Quantity Surveyor: WT Partnership
- Services Engineers: Waterman Building Services
- Structural Engineers: Waterman Structures
- Property Agent: Jones Lang LaSalle
Sunday, March 11th, 2012
Article source: Brooks + Scarpa (formerly Pugh + Scarpa)
Step Up on 5th is a bright new spot in downtown Santa Monica. The new building provides a home, support services and rehabilitation for the homeless and mentally disabled population. The new structure provides 46 studio apartments of permanent affordable housing. The project also includes ground level commercial/retail space and subterranean parking. The density of the project is 258 dwelling units/acre, which exceeds the average density of Manhattan, NY (2000 USA Census Bureau Data) by more than 10%.
Images Courtesy John Edward Linden
Friday, March 2nd, 2012
Article source: andrea pelati architecte and ipas architectes sa
A secular park … a mansion … majestic trees … this is the gorgeous setting the residential building l’Ermitage settles in. Overlooking the town of Neuchatel, this plot enjoys proximity to the center and an exceptional location.
Exterior View (Images Courtesy Thomas Jantscher)
- Architects: andrea pelati architecte and ipas architectes sa
- Name of Project: Residential Building L’Ermitage
- Location: Rue Charles-Knapp 30, Neuchâtel, Switzerland
- Project area: 1,950 m2
- Year: 2006-2011
- Photographer: Thomas Jantscher
Sunday, February 12th, 2012
Article source: ACXT Architects
Scheme and Conditioning Factors
A complex of 3 buildings and landscaping destined for R&D+i in the Automotive Sector. Two of the buildings are intended for use as Development Units (halls) with laboratories and small-scale production. The third, the Main Building, houses research units of various companies in the automotive sector, a laboratory (for common projects among the resident companies) and the social block of the complex, comprising: main lobby, auditorium, training classrooms, classrooms for projects in cooperation with universities, and the offices of the centre’s management.
Image Courtesy Aitor Ortiz
- Architects: ACXT Architects
- Project: Automotive Intelligence Center
- Location: Boroa Industrial Estate, Amorebieta – Etxano, Spain
- Competition: August 2006
- Detailed Design: October 2006
- Production Information: April 2007
- Start date of works: August 2007
- Completion date of works: November 2008
Tuesday, February 7th, 2012
Article source: AMK+ Studio
We’ve seen many mentionable solutions for rehabilitation of unfunctional industrial buildings that have lost their original functions. Attaching new functional buildings to their close environment basically determine the new character of the place. Because their industrial origin these types of constructions and their environment – with different designation – have no connection, essentially no question about it. As the place is rehabilitated and gets back to life we can take the question about the method and the mode. The intervention depends on the actual context, that can be:
and situations on a range between them.
- Architects: AMK+ Studio
- Project: Diversity Recharged
- Location: Szeged, Hungary
- Team: Tamas Kun, Gergely Almos, Tamas Mezey
Saturday, January 14th, 2012
Article source: ECDM
The completion of a building in the planning project of Saclay Paris is a unique opportunity to be one of the markers of the future center of excellence established on the plateau. The uniqueness of the site, and it’s present and future characteristics, make it an interesting emerging area.
Campus EDF – Saclay
- Architects: ECDM
- Project: Campus EDF – Saclay
- Location: Saclay, Paris, France
- Programme : centre de formations
- Superficie : 25 000 m² SHON
- Concours : 2011
Saturday, January 7th, 2012
Article source: Chyutin Architects
The Polonsky Academy building is situated on the cliff facing south towards the Jerusalem Theater. Its northern side faces the Main Garden Court which will function as the heart of the campus in the new master plan. This court has two levels, with a one storey differential between them which makes it possible to create two entrances to the structure on different levels: main entrance near the Van Leer Institute and secondary entrance near the Council for Higher Education.
- Architects: Chyutin Architects
- Project: Academy of Advanced Studies
- Location: Jerusalem, Israel
- Designer: Bracha Chyutin, Michael Chyutin, Jacques Dahan, Ethel Rosenhek, Joseph Perez
- Total Storeys: 4
- Floor Area: 7300 sq. m.
- Design / Completion Date: 2013