Archive for the ‘Building’ Category
Thursday, December 14th, 2017
Article source: v2com
Last October 24 was held the media launch of Symphonia POP, a project for the development of a residential tower possessing an iconic modular architecture, to be located on the southern tip of Île-des-Sœurs. Jean-François Parenteau, mayor of the Verdun borough, Kevin Robinson, general manager of real estate developer Développements Symphonia, and Roch Cayouette, partner-architect at Provencher_Roy, were in attendance to unveil the key elements of this high-end project.
Image Courtesy © Provencher_Roy
- Architects: Provencher_Roy
- Project: Symphonia POP
- Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Client: Développement Symphonia Inc.
- Area: 29,590 m² (318,500 p²)
- Year: 2020
Wednesday, December 13th, 2017
Article source: 3deluxe
Uncompromising architecture for extreme conditions: In one of the hottest places on Earth, in the middle of Sharjah’s untouched desert, 3deluxe are implementing an expressive building. On the ridge of the Jebel Fayah mountain range, a lookout architecture including an observatory as well as a natural history exhibition are being planned.
Image Courtesy © 3deluxe
- Architects: 3deluxe
- Project: Observation building
- Location: Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Monday, December 11th, 2017
Article source: MVRDV
Responding to the diverse industrial history of the current site of WERK12, the challenge was to create an adaptable building that becomes a nucleus for the new emerging Werksviertel neighbourhood located in close proximity to the city’s Ostbahnhof (Munich East railway station). MVRDV’s ambition is to implement a focal point to the area, with a new building that opens in all directions and is at the heart of the Knödelplatz square. The facade of the building is transparent and does not separate inside from outside and instead of isolating its inner activities, it is in constant dialogue with its surroundings. A transparent reincarnation of industrial times celebrating the future.
Image Courtesy © MVRDV
- Architects: MVRDV
- Project: Werk12
- Location: Munich, Germany
- Design MVRDV: Winy Mass, Jacob van Rijs and Nathalie de Vries
- Design Team: Jacob van Rijs, Fokke Moerel, Markus Nagler, Roy Sieljes and Jonathan Schuster
- Visualization: Antonio Luca Coco, Pavlos Ventouris and Kirill Emelianov Partners
- Co-Architects: N-V-O Nuyken von Oefele Architekten BDA, Munich
- Artwork commission: Christian Engelmann and Beate Engl
- Structural Engineering: Wolf +
- MEP: Teuber + Viel
Sunday, December 10th, 2017
Article source: In situ
In an architectually homogeneous neighborhood with tight building restrictions this house was intended as simple building with clear layout and has been designed to ofer a sense of calm continuity.
Image Courtesy © Dan Samoila
- Architects: In situ
- Project: Damian House
- Location: Ion Athanasiu street, Bucharest, Romania
- Photography: Dan Samoila
- Structural Engineer: Domus proiect
- Area: 200 sqm
- Project Year: 2014-2015
Thursday, December 7th, 2017
Article source: K.ASSOCIATES/Architects Co., Ltd.
The residence was built on a site that looks up Himeji Castle in a historical district in Himeji, Hyogo.
The client is a couple, who lives on their own. The residence was newly planned as a place to spend their life together after their children became independent. The site is an irregular shape. A small river runs on the west side, and on the other side of the river is a residential district. On the east side, Himeji Castle can be viewed beyond at the end of the front road that has a trace of historical streetscape. The design condition was very challenging, as the site was in a irregular shape, and I proposed the facade which shows the respect to townscape of the historical city. Additionally, beyond the river on the west side, it contrastingly showed a stretch of ordinary suburbanscape.
Image Courtesy © WARO KISHI + K.ASSOCIATES/Architects Co., Ltd
Thursday, December 7th, 2017
Article source: v2com
The project is located near the city center of Olemps, a “new city” of 3,500 inhabitants, located on the outskirts of the agglomeration of Rodez. The site is located in a peri-urban area made up of architectural objects, built in the ’70s and ’80s. The municipality wanted a strong architecture, thus the building was designed as a monolith, set back from the main street of the village to assert itself and propose a vast landscaped space in connection with the existing sports facilities.
Image Courtesy © Edouard DECAM
- Architects: CoCo architecture
- Project: A Multigenerational Space
- Location: Olemps, France
- Photography: Edouard DECAM
- Software used: Autocad
- Client: Commune of Olemps
- Design team: CoCo architecture, CETEC, Brehault Ingenierie, Sigma Acoustique, Jérôme Russery
- Costs: 2 M€ excl. taxes
- Area: 1 275 m²
- Dates: 2012–2014, completed in 2014
Monday, December 4th, 2017
Article source: Rockpanel
Energy optimisation and a natural match with the surroundings are among the key benefits of a new school building in Copenhagen, Denmark. The school, Skolen i Sydhavnen, is designed by JJW Architects, and is built according to the Danish low-energy class 2015. The artist, Peter Holst Henkel, has made the artistic decoration and the façade has become like a canvas, beautifully reflecting the interaction between art and architecture.
Image Courtesy © Rockpanel
- Architects: Rockpanel
- Project: Beautiful interaction between art, architecture and sustainability
- Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Monday, December 4th, 2017
Article source: Preston Scott Cohen, Inc.
The principal goal of the new Taubman Building is to create a new center for the school, a space called the commons, which will enable new forms of collaboration between faculty, staff and students and between the Architecture and Planning programs.
Image Courtesy © James Haefner
- Design Architect: Preston Scott Cohen, Inc.
- Project: A. Alfred Taubman Wing, University of Michigan
- Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
- Architect of Record: Integrated Design Solutions
- Photography: James Haefner
- Client: A. Alfred Taubman College of Architecture and Urban Planning
- Owner: University of Michigan
- Total construction cost: $22,600,000
- Gross square footage: 36,000
- Total project cost: $28,500,00
- Completion date: September 2017
Sunday, December 3rd, 2017
Article source: Richter architectes et associés
The new program for this water purification facility required the adaptation of the existing building and an increase in its surface area. This included creating a more comfortable, functional and adaptable workplace. To achieve this, the program required a reorganization of the site (technical center), an administrative center, a water analysis laboratory and premises for the technicians.
Image Courtesy © Luc Boegly
- Architects: Richter architectes et associés
- Project: Restructurion and extension of the headquarters of the Syndicat des Eaux
- Location: Schiltighem, France
- Photography: Luc Boegly
- Client: SDEA Alsace-Moselle, Strasbourg
- Cost: 12,5 M€ (excluding VAT)
- Surface area: 8 340 m²
- Competition: 2010
- Delivery: 2016
Friday, December 1st, 2017
Article source: Vasco Lopes arquitetura
Renovation of one floor of a commercial building. The main intervention was to integrate the several spaces by means of glass partitions with wood panels. The wooden frames with large glass panels allow to integrate with the external view with minimum visual interference. Wood was used on the floor, the working tables and the furniture of the bar and the living room, and natural tones of gray and terracotta were used on the upholstery. The reference to raw materials, with the use of concrete, rustic wood, and apparent pipes and beams create a simple and comfortable atmosphere. The concrete slabs were painted white and there is indirect illumination through rails and hanging spots. The view of the green surrounding residential neighborhood was emphasized inside with a reference of a green wall composed of dehydrated plants by the entrance.
Image Courtesy © Vasco Lopes arquitetura
- Architects: Vasco Lopes arquitetura
- Project: Vista Club Coworking
- Location: Jardim Paulista, São Paulo SP, Brasil
- Arquitect team: Carol cursino
- Area of the residence: 150,00m2
- Project year: 2017
- Conclusion: 2017