Archive for the ‘Building’ Category
Tuesday, October 24th, 2017
Article source: Snow Kreilich Architects
Located between the agricultural fields of southern Minnesota and the Straight River Valley along the I-35 corridor, the design team was initially struck by the transformative quality of the site. The site allows weary travelers the ability to stretch their legs and submerse themselves in a serene wooded river setting. The building, pavilions and site are structured to enhance one’s experience of this place.
Image Courtesy © Corey Gaffer
- Architects: Snow Kreilich Architects
- Project: Straight River Northbound Safety Rest Area
- Location: Owatonna, Minnesota, USA
- Photography: Corey Gaffer
Monday, October 23rd, 2017
Article source: Ramón Esteve
Bombas Gens is an old industrial building with an unquestionable social-historical value and one of the rare remaining examples of the industrial architecture of the thirties. Its Art Deco façades and architecture make it a special, unique location for some new uses according to today needs.
Image Courtesy © Alfonso Calza
- Architects: Ramón Esteve
- Project: Bombas Gens: Art, Scientific Research and Social Project
- Location: Valencia, Spain
- Photography: Alfonso Calza
- Museum Project Architect: Annabelle Selldorf
- Restoration: Architect Eduardo de Miguel
- Technical Architect: Rafael Ferriols
- Project Team: Víctor Ruiz, Javier Estevan, María Luna, Francisco Palomo
Monday, October 23rd, 2017
Article source: ipiña+nieto arquitectos
The apartment building La Juliana is located in the very heart of Bellas Artes area in central Santiago. Its frontal façade measuring 8,77m, a quite narrow front, overlooks calle Monjitas.
Image Courtesy © ipiña+nieto arquitectos
- Architects: ipiña+nieto arquitectos
- Project: La Juliana Building
- Location: Calle Monjitas 530. Santiago de Chile.
- Project Team: Tadea de Ipiña Mariscal, Jorge Nieto Pujol.
- Collaborators: Ignacio Hornillos.
- Client: Inversiones Inmobiliarias Araba S.L .
- Documentation: Pablo Casals Aguirre.
- Construction: Moguerza Constructora SPA
- Area: 1075 m2
- Project Year: 2014/2017
Wednesday, October 11th, 2017
Article source: ABSCIS ARCHITECTEN
The former post office site in Aalst was a mixture of industrial buildings of the former ‘Filature du Canal’. The “Filatures& Urban Fabric(s): Masterplan stationsomgeving Aalst” masterplan, designed by the Christian Kieckens Architects, started from a site conversion, whilst keeping the main building of the former mill in the Manchester building along the Vaartstraat. The modifications to this building have been kept to a minimum because of organisational and programmatic interpretation, which corresponds with the scale of the building. The facades have been cleaned and re-pointed and equipped with new outside joinery work after its historical model. The building has been renovated on the inside also, in order for it to comply with current regulations, without however interfering with the warehouse’s authenticity.
Image Courtesy © Cafeine
- Architects: ABSCIS ARCHITECTEN
- Project: Post Office Site Conversion
- Location: Aalst, Belgium
- Photography: Cafeine
- Client: nv Postsite Aalst
- Design Team: Vereniging van Studiebureaus
- Cost: € 35.240.000 excluding VAT and fees
- Gross Area (M2): 31.000 m2 overground offices and 12.000m² underground car park
- Realization: 2009-2012
Tuesday, October 10th, 2017
Article source: Ekler Architect
The building, the last element of the Somló complex, employs the same tried and tested architectural solutions as the adjacent buildings: it is a hill-house with a concrete structure and basaltic colours. The rooms face southeast and southwest, overlooking the fabulous foothills of Bakony as they extend towards Lake Balaton. Rows of vines run immediately outside the building. The communal spaces have large, north-facing windows that open on to the winery and the mountain, and flank a cosy row of terraces that remain cool even in the summer.
Image Courtesy © BUJNOVSZKY Tamás
- Architects: Ekler Architect
- Project: Lodging Building
- Location: Somlóvásárhely, Hungary
- Photography: BUJNOVSZKY Tamás
- Project Team: VÖRÖS Balázs, BERTA Gyöngyi
- Constructions: Pataky és Horváth Kft
- Structural Design: E&H Kft
- Electrical Design: DORTERV Kft
- Mechanical Design: PHQ Kft
- Landscape Design: Bojza Bt
Tuesday, September 26th, 2017
Article source: TETRARC
The project has in particular worked on the organization of spaces (Bioclimatic design), and choice of materials (sustainable and Perennials), management of green spaces (ordinary biodiversity, 3 strata Vegetables), circulation and accessibility (comfort of soft mobility).
Image Courtesy © Marie-Caroline Lucat
- Architects: TETRARC
- Project: Platinium
- Location: Montpellier, France
- Photography: Marie-Caroline Lucat
- Clients : M&A Promotion
- Control Office : Qualiconsult
- Structure engineering : BET Brinas
- Thermic engineering : BET AIC
Monday, September 25th, 2017
Article source: Andrea Tognon Architecture
In 2013 Andrea Tognon Architecture has been commissioned by Max Mara fashion group to design a new building for Japanese Max&Co headquarter in Omotesando Tokyo. The result is a 30 meter tower built around a central cipollino marble column which supports the entire building. Five thick curved concrete slab divide the building in six floors. All the services disappear in a dark background that host a golden staircase claiming the building till a pergola that overview the entire city.
Image Courtesy © Andrea Tognon
Thursday, September 14th, 2017
Article source: Proyecto Cafeína
Tadeo 4909 is a building that takes place in a high-growth zone of the city, seeking out to offer an urban, expressive and custom housing. It consists of 8 two-level lofts, each of which is distinct to the others.
The area where the building is set is highly chaotic in terms of architectural typologies, textures and colors, so it was therefore chosen to generate a building that would constitute itself as the order within the neighborhood’s chaos. For the façade three types of screens were used: white, satin and light. This achieved a dynamic design that simultaneously allows the most passage of natural light to the various environments while providing the necessary privacy as required by each of the spaces.
Image Courtesy © Patrick López Jaimes
- Architects: Proyecto Cafeína
- Project: Tadeo 4909
- Location: Puebla, México
- Photography: Patrick López Jaimes
- Contributors: Leonardo Neve, Diego Vilatela, Angel Valerio, Olivia Gil, Andrés Miranda, Javier Flores, Carolina Ojeda, Jesús Quintana
- Floor area: 902.65 m2
- Year: 2015
Friday, September 8th, 2017
Article source: AZC
This project located at 88 avenue Denfert Rochereau in Paris includes several works of demolition, asbestos removal and reconstruction. The Congregation of the Blind Sisters of St. Paul is mainly surrounded by religious functions and programs dedicated to healthcare. Its main access is currently possible from the avenue on the south side of the site. Our project includes a new one from the north side to facilitate the access for pedestrians, deliveries and fire services.
Image Courtesy © AZC
- Architects: AZC
- Project: Avenue Denfert-Rochereau Mixed-Use Buildings
- Location: Paris, France
Tuesday, August 29th, 2017
Article source: Reiulf Ramstad Arkitekter AS
The Jutland region, with its diversity of landscapes and long history, is in many ways the most continental region in Denmark. Hjørring has some of the oldest traces of settlements nationally and an established cultural landscape. The Kornets Hus – or grain house, is the realisation of a new centre for the dissemination of the region’s rich food and farming culture. Located on the land of an existing farm and bakery, the new inspiration centre will offer visitors, locals and employees alike a facility for activity based learning centered around the importance of grain both to Jutland and human civilization.
Image Courtesy © Places Studio
- Architects: Reiulf Ramstad Arkitekter AS
- Project: Kornets Hus
- Location: Hjørring, Denmark
- Photography: Places Studio
- Client: Realdania
- Commission Type: Invited Competition
- Size/value: 680m2 22,4 mio. kr.