Archive for the ‘Building’ Category
Thursday, November 9th, 2017
Article source: Mizien Arquitectura
The new office building of the National Institute of Social Security (INSS – Instituto Nacional de la Seguridad Social) is situated in an area of urban development in northern Granada, where a great deal of construction activity is still taking place. With its angular shape, it almost completely covers the triangular plot. The representative new building, which is oriented towards the three surrounding streets, notably contributes towards shaping the newly created cityscape.
Image Courtesy © Schüco
- Architects: Mizien Arquitectura
- Project: Office Building Of The National Institute Of Social Security
- Location: Granada, Spain
- Photography: Schüco (exteriors), Jesús Granada (interiors)
- Client: INSS (Instituto Nacional de la Seguridad Social, Ministerio de Empleo y Seguridad Social, Gobierno de España)
- General contractor: UTE Teginser Granadal
- Budget: 10.300.000 €
- Area: 6.000 m2
Wednesday, November 8th, 2017
Article source: Tony Owen Partners
Bankstown Gardens is a 9 storey signature apartment development consisting of 54 units, in a landscaped garden setting.
The building is located on a prominent corner in Sydney’s Bankstown. The building is curved at the corner to reinforce the corner and present as a gateway in the streetscape. The dynamic design utilises a framework of sun control fins to create an exciting frieze on the façade. The diagonal geometry articulates the façade whilst allowing for large expanses of glazing and external planter devices. The transparency of this material is juxtaposed with the lightness of the white screens to create a vibrant and light façade.
Image Courtesy © Tony Owen Partners
- Architects: Tony Owen Partners
- Project: Cross Street Bankstown
- Location: Sydney’s Bankstown, Australia
- Software used: Maya, Rhino, Autocad, Revit
Tuesday, November 7th, 2017
Article source: PERIPHERIQUES ARCHITECTES
Design a new migrant workers home by following an environmental approach while compromising with an existing building such is the objective of this operation. Located at 13/15 Lorraine street to Paris 19th land crossing giving on the Crimée street. The plot is bounded by a modern 9 storey building in the northwest and a suburban Parisian building of 7 levels in the southeast. This new project includes 173 housing of Type T1 and T1 ‘ and a social restaurant of 500 flatware. The features of project lies in its construction phase which should include the partial occupation of the site by some residents. In this context of constraints: deadlines, phasing, environmental ambitions, programs, two buildings very degraded of 1979.
Image Courtesy © PERIPHERIQUES ARCHITECTES
- Architects: PERIPHERIQUES ARCHITECTES (Anne-Françoise Jumeau + Emmanuelle Marin + David Trottin)
- Project: Social Résidence for Coallia Habitat
- Location: Rue de Lorraine, Paris 19ème (75), France
- Client: COALLIA HABITAT
- Area: 4 222 m² SHON (net floor area) 173 Social housing
:255 m² SHON (net floor area) social restaurant
Friday, November 3rd, 2017
Article source: v2com
HGA San Francisco, one of San Francisco’s premier full-service architecture firms specializing in workplace environments, is pleased to announce its completion of RealPage Dallas. Considered the nation’s leading property-management software company, RealPage has experienced exponential growth since launching in 1998. In response, the fast-growing company consolidated its Dallas, Texas headquarters—previously composed of four disparate locations—under one 400,000 square-foot roof.
The RealPage headquarters main lobby features a double helix staircase – a unifying element that visually and physically connects the building’s four floors, Image Courtesy © Benny Chan Photography
- Architects: HGA San Francisco
- Project: Unveils RealPage Headquarters
- Location: Dallas, Texas, United States
- Photography: Benny Chan Photography
- Software used: Revit
- Contractor: Structure Tone Southwest, Inc. (Low-rise); Scott and Reid (High-rise)
Thursday, November 2nd, 2017
Article source: v2com
ADHOC architects team is proud to present the recently completed project “La Géode”, carried out in cooperation with the young promoters of Knightsbridge. The project is located on “de la Roche” Street, in the neighbourhood of Le Plateau Mont-Royal, a vibrant district with an exceptional urban vitality. In the light of its situation, the project aims to give a new breath to its plot with a contemporary residential building of five housing units. It should intend to reflect all the energy of this strategic sector where young professionals mix with families and couples. Thus, the project has to be a soft densification that fits into the current urban landscape without distorting it. One of the concerns is to keep families in the city by creating a quality living environment based on a green strategy.
Image Courtesy © Adrien Williams
- Architects: ADHOC Architectes
- Project: La Géode in Montreal
- Location: 4341 rue de la Roche, Montréal, QC H2J3H8
- Photography: Adrien Williams
- Lead Architects: Jean-François St-Onge, François Martineau
- Architectural designer: Manon Paquet
- Gross Built Area (square metres or square foot): 7200 square feet
- Completion Year: 2017
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017
Article source: Guinée*Potin Architectes
This 64 dwellings project, divided into two buildings, is implemented in the heart of the residence Pierre Loti, completing an urban renewal.
The master plan places the project at a crossroads of varied building types and densities. As a consequence, the process aims for a volumetric transition, possible within the context, contributing to the future identity of the new Pierre Loti Street.
Image Courtesy © Guinée*Potin Architectes
- Architects: Guinée*Potin Architectes
- Project: 64 Social Housing
- Location: ZAC Pierre Loti – Batiments Réunion et Seychelles/ Aytré/ 17
- Software used: Autocad
- Client: Habitat 17
- Associated Architects: Alterlab
- Engineering: KYPSELI (fluids)+ EBLL (structure)
- Construction Economist: Cabinet Alain Fontanaud
- Living Area: R building :1889 m² / S building : 1923 m²
Tuesday, October 31st, 2017
Article source: STEFANO ROCCHETTI, GABRIEL BELLI BUTLER, OS+A ORGANIC SCAPES AND ARCHITECTURE
Writing is a dependable method of recording and presenting transactions in a permanent form. Its invention has been driven by the practical necessity of exchanging information, maintaining financial accounts, codifying laws, recording history and cultural reasons such as the need for maintaining traditions, dissemination of knowledge through the media as well as the formation of legal systems.
Image Courtesy © STEFANO ROCCHETTI, GABRIEL BELLI BUTLER, OS+A ORGANIC SCAPES AND ARCHITECTURE
Monday, October 30th, 2017
Article source: Peter Ruge Architekten
The site is located in the east of the city of Hangzhou. The eastern part of the site is divided by a 15m wide water canal.
The concept takes up this specific landscape feature. Flat residential buildings, townhouses and a kindergarten will be placed along this small river. Residential high-rise buildings in combination with commercial ground-floor buildings will be set up along the main streets in North and West.
Image Courtesy © Peter Ruge Architekten
- Architects: Peter Ruge Architekten (until 02/11 Pysall Ruge, Matthias Matschewski, Hyesook Ahn, Olivia Grande, Daniel Dendra)
- Project: Green residence in Yu Hang
- Location: Hangzhou, Zheijang Province, P.R. China
- Client: Hangzhou Jiahe Real Estate GmbH, CN-310007 Hangzhou, P.R. China
- Project partner: DBH Stadtplanungs GmbH, Hangzhou Prof. Wang Xiaosong, José Maria Cantalapiedra Alonso
- Plot: 85.700 sqm
- GFA: 189.500 sqm with circa 1,000 units
- Completion: 2017
Sunday, October 29th, 2017
Article source: P11 Arquitectos
Salvatierra 150 is a multifamily housing project, located north of the city of Mérida in the state of Yucatan, in a triangular ground of 68.50 meters in front, which houses 13 housing units interconnected spatially in the set.
The project starts from the study of the spatiality and shape of the terrain, resulting in an axial scheme, where the elements are ordered from a vertical axis, horizontal or as in this case, both. These are organized from a series of blind walls, which are rotating, as a response to a corner work, sunning and ventilation, generating two facades that change as they go around the building and together with the generated rhythms of spans and massifs, give dynamism, movement and character to the building.
Image Courtesy © Eduardo Calvo Santisbón
- Architects: P11 Arquitectos
- Project: Salvatierra 150
- Location: Fraccionamiento Montecristo, Mérida, Yucatán, Mexico
- Photography: Eduardo Calvo Santisbón
- Architect in Charge: Arturo Carrillo Ponce
- Builder: Ing. Mauricio Carrillo Ponce
- Contributors: Alfonso Rosado, Georgette Seguí, Manuel Tello
- Built Area: 1,130.21 m2
- Year Ended: 2017
Thursday, October 26th, 2017
Article source: KJELLGREN KAMINSKY ARCHITECTURE
Östra Kvillebäcken is designed as a dense and vibrant neighbourhood with a strong focus on sustainability. Therefore, it is a Miljöbyggnad Silver certified neighborhood. Our buildings find inspiration in the inner city and its urban qualities. Artistic decoration related to the location and material treatment gives the buildings their own contemporary identity. The Housing estate forms a green oasis with islands of activity. There are natural meeting places with different themes along the pathway that leads visitors through the neighborhood. The communal hall is a place for celebration, overnight stay or meetings. Adjacent to this room is also a communal facility in the yard with laundry area and space for socializing. The homes are generally space efficient with few awkward spaces. In the design, we have worked with basic architectural qualities: axiality, room connection and views-through.
Image Courtesy © KJELLGREN KAMINSKY ARCHITECTURE
- Architects: KJELLGREN KAMINSKY ARCHITECTURE
- Project: HSB Kvillebäcken
- Location: Kvillebäcken, Sweden
- Client: HSB
- Partners: Peab, Ramböll, Bengt Dahlgrens, 02 Landskap
- Sustainable: Miljöbyggnad Silver
- Team: Fredrik Kjellgren, Joakim Kaminsky, Sandra Nygren, Michael Tuuling