Archive for the ‘Building’ Category
Thursday, June 22nd, 2017
Article source: ODA New York
Tucked between Spring and Canal in New York City’s recently rezoned Hudson Square, Renwick Street is a rare blip on the vast urban grid: a small, single-block residential enclave, whose self-generated hush recalls the era of a much more intimate Manhattan.
Image Courtesy © Frank Oudeman
- Architects: ODA New York
- Project: 15 Renwick
- Location: 15 Renwick Street, New York City, NY 10013, USA
- Photography: Erieta Attali and Frank Oudeman
- Developer: IGI US
- Outdoor square footage: 8,300
- Units: 31 (100% condo)
- Stories: 11
Wednesday, June 21st, 2017
Article source: BAG arquitectura
The building lies on a 507m2 ground, nearly at the center of which grows a mesquite tree that was preserved within the building. Because of this, the entire layout of the house gravitates around the tree, thus making it into the foremost element within the intents of this architectural project, and greatly enriching it.
Image Courtesy © Oscar Hernández
- Architects: BAG arquitectura
- Project: Casa Mezquite
- Location: Aguascalientes, Mexico
- Photography: Oscar Hernández
- Software used: Autocad, 3dS Max
- Structural calculations: Jesús de Luna Rodríguez
Sunday, June 18th, 2017
Article source: ARCHSTUDIO
Han Wen-Qiang, an associate professor in CAFA (China Central Academy of Fine Arts), the founder of ARCHSTUDIO. He mainly researches on contemporary architectural and interior environment based on traditional cultural background, devotes to making space to be the communication medium between people and people, people and environment, and creating a livable life. He has been featured as 2015 One of the Best Ten International “Design Vanguard” by American renowned magazine “Architectural Record”. His works have won many awards, including “LEAF (Leading European Architecture Forum) Awards” Refurbishment of the Year Award, Architizer “A+ Awards” Architecture + Renovation Category Jury Award, “Hospitality Design Award” Open Category Winner of American Hospitality Design magazine, “Best of Year Awards” of American “Interior Design” Magazine; “The 37th Annual Interior Awards” of American “Contract” magazine; “Taiwan Interior Design Award” Gold Award; “Asia Pacific Interior Design Awards” Gold Award; Design for Asia Award Merit Award and WA Design Experiment Award Shortlist Award, etc. His works have also been invited to exhibited at “Towards A Critical Pragmatism: Contemporary Architecture in China” exhibition by Harvard University and 2015 Kwangju Art Biennial in Korea. His works have been widely published by home and abroad renowned publications, including Architectural Record, Architectural Review, Arquitectura Viva, Frame, d+a, Perspective, Taiwan Architecture magazine, Time + Architecture magazine, dezeen, designboom, archdaily, gooood and other famous design websites.
Image Courtesy © Wang Ning, Jin Weiqi
- Architects: ARCHSTUDIO
- Project: Waterside Buddist Shrine
- Location: Tangshan, Hebei, China
- Photography: Wang Ning, Jin Weiqi
- Author: Han Wen-Qiang
- Architectural Design: Han Wenqiang, Jiang Zhao, Li Xiaoming
- Structural Design: Zhang Fuhua
- Water-electricity Design: Zheng Baowei
- Land Area: about 500 ㎡
- Building Area: 169㎡
- Design Time: 2015.04—2015.08
- Construction Time: 2015.10—2017.01
Sunday, June 18th, 2017
Article source: piuarch
Like some sort of sinuous, white wave, the Porta Nuova Building fits in with the master plan for the urban redevelopment of the old railway station in Porta Nuova, Milan, situated between Corso Como, Garibaldi Station, the Isola neighbourhood and Piazza della Repubblica. This huge structure extends over a distance of 140 metres to create a structure covering a total of 16,500 m² designed for holding offices and shops. This powerful and, at the same time, lightweight, white coloured, glazed building serves a fundamental “urban purpose”: it hinges together the existing city and the latest dynamics triggered off by the entire Porta Nuova project, falling in line with the heights of the old buildings and embracing the square that is set higher level than the surrounding roads.
Image Courtesy © Andrea Martiradonna
- Architects: piuarch
- Project: Porta Nuova Building
- Location: Piazza Gae Aulenti, 20124 Milano (Mi), Italy
- Photography: Andrea Martiradonna
- Software used: Autocad, 3dS Max, Rhino
- Team leader: Gianni Mollo
- Piuarch team: Yusuke Aizawa, Erica Cazzaniga, Yuji Kobayashi, Andres Mahdjoubian, Hirotaka Oishi, Antonio Pisanò, Claudia Savastano
- Architectural construction design: Tekne S.p.a.
- Structural design: MSC Associati S.r.l.
- M & E design: Ariatta Ingegneria dei sistemi S.r.l.
- Lanscape design: Land S.r.l.
Friday, June 16th, 2017
Article source: MAD arkitekter
The challenge was extreme: What to do with an urban space which is 10 x 90 metres in area, with minimal sunlight and a requirement of 200 bicycle parking places? This strip of city floor should give pedestrians (and cyclists!) a pleasant experience and, at the same time, provide a suitable entrance to the commercial areas on ground floor level
Image Courtesy © MAD arkitekter
- Architects: MAD arkitekter
- Project: Mad Building
- Location: Oslo, Norway
- Landscape architects: Grindaker AS
- Lighting consultants: ÅF Lighting
- Produced by: Richard Tangen, Tangen Maskin
Friday, June 16th, 2017
Article source: Martin Duplantier Architectes
Refind and renew
Located on the edge of the Saclay Plateau and the Bièvre Valley, the HEC campus has a privileged location. The 138-hectare park features prestigious sports facilities, a vast forest area and a plateau inhabited by buildings from 1962 and designed by the architect René Coulon.
Martin Duplantier first delivered the MBA building with David Chipperfield in 2012, on the edge of the forest, opposite the farm fields on the Saclay plateau.
Image Courtesy © Clément GUILLAUME
- Architects: Martin Duplantier Architectes
- Project: HEC student housing
- Location: Campus HEC Paris, Jouy-en-Josas (78), France
- Photography: Clément GUILLAUME and Yoahn ZERDOUN
- Client: ADIM Concept
- Design Team: Martin Duplantier Architectes, EVP (structure), Artelia
- Budget: 9,4 M€
- Surface: 2 042 sqm, (192 new student housing, common areas, offices, places of life)
- Dates: Delivery of the first phase on 03-201. Phase 2 in progress
Friday, June 16th, 2017
Article source: Ministry of Design
Designed for a sophisticated client with an affinity for polished spaces, Fost Gallery was
an opportunity to explore the extension of “art curation” to “space curation” by introducing authorship and transformability.
Image Courtesy © Ministry of Design
Wednesday, June 14th, 2017
Article source: Eike Becker_Architekten
Directly in the middle of Berlin the Residential District “The Garden” with owner-occupied as well as rented flats was completed in August 2016. Right across from the new headquarter of the German Secret Service a complex of buildings with 5 to 7 above-ground levels was built. 161 exquisite rented flats, 115 owner-occupied flats, 7 commercial units and 88 underground parking spaces find a place there now.
Image Courtesy © Jens Willebrand
- Architects: Eike Becker_Architekten
- Project: The Garden
- Location: Chausseestrasse 57-60, 10115 Berlin, Germany
- Photography: Jens Willebrand
- Budget: 54 Mio. Euro
- Built Area: 37200 sqm
- Residential Units: 281 (Rented Flats: 161, Owner-occupied flats: 120)
- Commercial Units: 6 (45 – 790 m2)
- Completion Year: 2016
Tuesday, June 13th, 2017
Article source: EDDA Architecture
ECOSTAR Termoheat Inc. Administration Building designed by EDDA Architecture, an Istanbul based interior design studio, integrates the corporate identity of the company to a functional design approach by transforming the physical challenges into an advantage.
After a need has risen for the head office of ECOSTAR Termoheat Inc., to move a new point, which was more convenient in terms of its physical conditions and in a way, for to provide the opportunity of company development, one of the floor of the Monumento Kartal project has been selected as the head office.
Image Courtesy © Engin Yildiz
- Architects: EDDA Architecture
- Project: ECOSTAR – Termoheat Inc. Administration Office design
- Location: : Kartal / Istanbul,Turkey
- Photography: Engin Yildiz
- Team: Eda Tahmaz, Selim Saglik,Tugce Tunc
- Employer: Ecostar – Termoisi Heat Systems Trade and Ind. Inc.
- Contractor: EDDA Mimarlık (EDDA Architecture)
- Construction Area: 1000 m²
- Project Date: 2015
- Construction Date: 2015
Sunday, June 11th, 2017
Article source: v2com
Eray Carbajo announces Urban Rural, a new dwelling typology for a sustainable transformation strategy that will become exemplar for Istanbul’s future redevelopment, with construction completion in 2019.
Urban Rural proposes a hybrid unit of habitation where one can be close to the city center and simultaneously enjoy the lifestyle of rural living, while having strong interaction with the community and neighborhood.
Urban Rural West View, Image Courtesy © Eray Carbajo
- Architects: Eray Carbajo
- Project: Unveiling Urban Rural
- Location: Beyoğlu, Turkey
- Client: Esta Construction
- Design: Inanc Eray, Gonzalo Carbajo
- Design Team: Emana Ljajic, Marco Mattia Cristofori, Ugur Imamoglu
- Project Team: Ugur Imamoglu, Marco Mattia Cristofori, Ahlam Hamed, Egemen Onur Kaya, Anil Sakaryali