Archive for the ‘Building’ Category
Sunday, July 12th, 2015
Article source: Ministry of Design Pte Ltd
Loke Thye Kee Residences is situated in the heart of Georgetown Penang, one of 5 Malaysian UNESCO world sites rich in heritage. MOD’s design draws inspiration from this heritage and specifically the historic Loke Thye Kee restaurant, its 100-year-old namesake and neighbor. Both the restaurant and the residences re developed by the same owner, 1919 Global Sdn Bhd.
Image Courtesy © Ministry of Design Pte Ltd
Saturday, July 11th, 2015
Article source: AFR ThinkingUrban
All too often modern cities are divided up into single use zones like housing or education, or industry. Yet the most successful older communities throughout the world are almost all mixed uses. In addition, the way we move and interact in modern thinking is divided up into a kind of traffic apartheid – walking, cycling, driving.
Image Courtesy © AFR ThinkingUrban
- Architects: AFR ThinkingUrban
- Project: The Railway Sight
- Location: Horsens, Denmark
- Status: Concept
Friday, July 10th, 2015
Article source: FORMAT ELF ARCHITEKTEN
Located at the entrance of the industrial wasteland of the former VAW aluminum plants FORMSTELLE, Kantine and NETZWERK are creating an interdisciplinary, campus called NETWORK/NETZWERK – thus providing‚ evidence of a successful structural transformation from heavy industry towards the use by architects, engineers and designers. The floating, single-storey pavilion, placed under huge ancient trees, shows an altered handling of the material aluminum in an industrial region undergoing transition.
Image Courtesy © BETTINA KIRMEIER
- Architects: FORMAT ELF ARCHITEKTEN
- Project: Formstelle
- Location: Töging am Inn, Germany
- Photography: BETTINA KIRMEIER
- Software used: ArchiCAD 17, Sketchup 2015 + Vray 2.0, Photoshop
Thursday, July 9th, 2015
Article source: RTA-Office
RTA-Office’s approach involves understanding the customer and his needs.
Customer required RTA-Office to convert an obsolete industrial complex, located in an industrial zone of Shanghai, in a complex of around 150.000 m2, characterized by modern technology with a strong international spirit. Data Base is currently under construction.
Image Courtesy © RTA-Office
- Architects: RTA-Office
- Project: Data Base Center 2015
- Location: Shanghai, China
- Architecture Design: Santiago Parramón, RTA-Office
- Total land area:3.650 m²
- Total building area: 141.687 m²
- Completion Date: 2016 – under construction
Wednesday, July 8th, 2015
Article source: LAN Architecture
LAN, in association with Clément Vergely, recently won the competition for building a student residence of approximately 1,000 units facing the École Centrale on the Plateau de Saclay and has submitted the project for building permit.
Image Courtesy © LAN Architecture
- Architects: LAN Architecture
- Project: Student Residence in Paris Saclay
- Location: Gif-sur-Yvette, France
- Team: LAN (commissioned architect), Clément Vergély Architectes, TOPOTEK 1 Renderings, drawings and description: LAN Architecture
- Client: SODEARIF
- Program: 1000 student housing units
- Phase: In Progress
- Surface: 25 300m
- Cost: 40 Mio
Tuesday, July 7th, 2015
Article source: Moon Hoon
Sometimes, clients bring in a clear idea or a name of a place they envision. This time, a movie named two moon junction surfaced when we first met. He talked about building a private cultural center centered around a coffee shop and a gallery. A free spirited space , somewhat erotically charged like the movie, a place full of festivity and relaxed atmosphere. The other important criteria included providing two separate buildings, one for the client, and the other for his younger brother. The budget was extremely low, so from the start we decided to build simple boxes with some impact points.
Image Courtesy © Nam Goongsun
- Architects: Moon Hoon(MOONBALSSO)
- Project: TWO MOON
- Location: 19-34, 47, Jungsan-dong,Ilsandong-gu, Goyang-si, Gyeonggi-do, Korea
- Photography: Nam Goongsun
- Design team: Jang Dukhyun, Park jungwook
- Exterior finishing: Exposed concrete
- Interior finishing: Paintedcement brick
- Structural engineering: Hanwoori structure (more…)
Tuesday, July 7th, 2015
Article source: EVA
Commissioned by the scouting association Rhenova, this is a clubhouse designed on a triangular site adjacent to the Leidsche Rijn Park. We chose an autonomous, oval volume that fits within this context. As a Scouthome, it was important that the inside and outside — the building and the grounds — interact. But also that it be a familiar, tough building.
Image Courtesy © EVA
- Architects: EVA, (EVA: Jeroen Baars in coöperation with Fanny Melis)
- Project: Scouting Rhenova
- Location: Utrecht, the Netherlands
- Software used: Autocad, photoshop and Indesign
- Year of realisation: 2010
- Client: Scouting Rhenova
- Area: 320m2
Sunday, July 5th, 2015
Article source: Francisco Mangado
The plot is in the middle of one of the most humid valleys of northern Navarre. A valley of gentle but sturdy hills, where the green pasture and oak trees configure a landscape of strong character, whose color changes with the seasons. A valley dotted with a system of small and relatively closely-woven urban cores, configured in an apparently random way. The buildings are formed of large unitary and isolated volumes that seem to touch, but that in truth compete with one another to show their bold architectural character. A boldness that draws on the climate conditions, but also on the production system – stockbreeding –, which in past times forced to accommodate in one same house people and animals. A boldness that is particularly evident in the roof, whose role is to bring together all the different contents. Boldness, in the end, of ‘Navarre’s buildings’. This is the context for an elite equestrian center specialized in dressage and with boarding stalls for horses: one of the strongest and most sophisticated forces created by nature.
Image Courtesy © Pedro Pegenaute
- Architects: Francisco Mangado
- Project: Elite Equestrian Center
- Location: Zenotz – Ultzama Valley, Navarra, Spain
- Photography: Pedro Pegenaute
- Collaborators: David Martínez Grande, Janka Rust, César Martín Gómez.
- Client: Private.
- Awards: X Spanish Biennial of Architecture and Urban Planning. Finalist, FAD Awards 2009. Architecture and Interior Design category. Finalist, COAVN (Basque-Navarrese) Awards 2010, Industrial Construction category, Consolation prize, 7th Fassa Bortolo International Award for Sustainable Architecture, given by the School of Architecture of Ferrara, Italy. Finalist.
- Total area: 5.200 m2
- Year of construction: 2007-2008.
- Total cost: 3.329.000 €
- Year of project: 2006.
Friday, July 3rd, 2015
Article source: Gustavo Penna Architect & Associates
The intervention proposed at the Community Center Serra Dourada stablishes a very respectful relationship with the original elements of the ranch, giving it a unique character to this place. The new buildings were conceived to minimize the interventions on the topography and to preserve the maximum of the original vegetation.
Image Courtesy © Gustavo Penna Architect & Associates
Friday, July 3rd, 2015
Article source: Gans studio
The studio residence is a free-standing building that completes an ensemble of experience and use in relation to a pre-existing house and a landscape. The new building contains a small drawing studio, workroom and kiln tucked beneath a library and a bedroom suite that overlook a double height sculpture space. It connects to the pre-existing house via two bridges: an upper bridge that extends from the living room to a new roof garden floating before the Catskills; and a lower bridge that ties the studio back into the hillside.
Image Courtesy © Andrew Rugge of Arch Photo
- Architects: Gans studio
- Project: Artist Studio/Residence
- Location: Old Wagon Road, Woodstock, 12498, New York, US
- Photography: Andrew Rugge of Arch Photo
- Software used: Vectorworks
- Client: Arlene Shechet
- Project Team: Amy Magida, Adam Ganser, Maryjane Starks, Isobel Herbold
- Builder: Hank Starr Builders
- Engineer: WA Scribner PE
- Completion Date: 2011