Archive for the ‘Building’ Category
Sunday, May 15th, 2016
Article source: Caprioglio Associati Architects
The building on which we intervene belongs to the complex of buildings of the compendium , developed over time , beginning in 1883 until the thirties of the twentieth century , the ” oils and greases ” Federico Matter .
The only image that you have of the settlement OILS MATTER relates to the decor of a letterhead dated 23 October 1912 .
Main façade within the context, Image Courtesy © Paolo Belvedere
- Architects: Caprioglio Associati Architects (Filippo Caprioglio)
- Project: Loft del Forte
- Location: Venice, Italy
- Photography: Paolo Belvedere
- Client: Real New Pa.Pi.
- Collaborators: Barnabas Bortoluzzi , Manuele Mason , Francesco Soldo
- General Contractor: Construction Titian Geom . Corrado
- Project: 2007-2009
- Realization: 2010-2013
Wednesday, May 11th, 2016
Article source: v2com
With entries from over 95 countries, Henriquez Partners were the only Vancouver-based firm to be recognized amongst the winners. TELUS Garden was recognized as both the Popular Choice Winner and the Jury’s Choice Winner in the Office – High Rise (16+ Floors) category.
Image Courtesy © Ed White
Wednesday, May 11th, 2016
Article source: Rede Arquitetos
The administrative building of the Federal University of Ceará´s campus in Crateús municipality is the first of its set of blocks provided by the master plan of this academic unit. The building has a dual function: to host the administrative part of the set and to serve as a gateway to the campus, thus determining the shape of the building, which is split by a shift in its floorplan that separates a stretch and closed part from the other, open and fluid.
Image Courtesy © Joana França
- Architects: Rede Arquitetos
- Project: Administrative building of the Federal University
- Location: Rodovia BR 226 Km 4, Bairro José Rosa, Crateús, Ceará, Brasil
- Photography: Joana França
- Software used: Autocad, Sketchup
- Contributors: Luiz Cattony (Architect), Carlos Augusto (Structural Design), UTP Engenharia (Building Installations)
- Construction company: Construtora e Imobiliária JMV
- Surface: 1.658,35 m²
- Completion: 2012 – 2015
Tuesday, May 3rd, 2016
Article source: bureau SLA
The Marine Base in Amsterdam has been a restricted military area for centuries, located in the heart of the city. In January 2015, the compound has begun a gradual transition towards a more public program. The departure of the designated marine units will be completed in 2018. Building 27E, a former education facility, is the first building on the site to be renovated for a public program. It had recently been dismantled and stripped down to a bare concrete skeleton. In June 2014 The Central Government Real Estate Agency commissioned bureau SLA to present a design accommodating new uses within the building. To host the Dutch Presidency of the European Union, taking place during the first half of 2016, the building was completed in January 2016.
Image Courtesy © Milad Pallesh
- Architects: bureau SLA
- Project: Marine Base Amsterdam Building 27E
- Location: Kattenburgerstraat 7 Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Photography: Milad Pallesh, Except aerial photo: Siebe Swart
- Client: Rijksvastgoedbedrijf (Central Government Real Estate Agency)
- Project Management: Bureau Marineterrein Amsterdam
- Contractor: Prins Bouw, ‘t Harde
- Structural Engineer: Van Zuilen Constructie Advies, Nieuwegein.
- Gross Area: 2.500 m2
- Start design: 7/2014
- Start building: 3/2015
- Completion: 02/2016
- Building costs: € 3.000.000 ex. VAT
Wednesday, April 27th, 2016
Article source: Atelier Zündel Cristea (AZC)
This project provides sheltered housing for frail, elderly residents with a variety of disabilities. The building comprises individual studio apartments, communal areas and medical consultation rooms for residents and out-patients.
Image Courtesy © Atelier Zündel Cristea (AZC)
- Architects: Atelier Zündel Cristea (AZC)
- Project: PLANCHETTE SHELTERED HOUSING
- Location: 232 rue de Charenton au Roi et 3-5 ruelle de la Planchette 75012 Paris, France
- Client: Elogie
- Program: Medical reception center for disabled persons
- User: La Fondation des Amis de l’Atelier
- AZC team: Grégoire Zündel, Irina Cristea, architects; Valentine Jamet and Stefano Lunardi, project’s managers and Cécile Conduché.
- Partners: OTE ingénierie
- Missions: Conception + Construction
- Surface: 2250 m²
- Labels: HEQ process
- Status: Completed
- Year: 2015
- Cost: 10,6 M€ for a work cost of 7,5 M€ TTC
Saturday, April 23rd, 2016
Article source: Nathan Allan Glass Studios Inc.
What surprises people most when entering and walking on the glowing white surface in this particular Private Residence (Williamsburg, VA) is when they find out they are walking on a sea of glass! Yes, GLASS! Not marble, not granite, but GLASS! Nathan Allan has created a very fresh, unique flooring surface, which is smooth to touch on the majority of the glass surface, yet has an almost invisible safety finish permanently embedded in the glass surface.
Image Courtesy © Morgan Howarth
- Architects: Nathan Allan Glass Studios Inc.
- Project: Private Residence
- Location: Williamsburg, Virginia
- Photography: Morgan Howarth
- Thickness: 1/2″ (12 mm),
- Dimensions: 5’0 x 6’0
- Panels Safety: Tempered
- Designer: Vicki Bristow
- GC & Installer: W.M. Jordan, Pompei Inc.
Friday, April 22nd, 2016
Article source: Invisible Studio
Two new buildings – a big-span machinery store and staff facilities – have been created at the National Arboretum, using timber grown on the estate to create robust, well-designed simple buildings, says Laura Mark
Image Courtesy © Andy Matthews
- Architects: Invisible Studio
- Project: Wolfson Tree Management Centre Mess Building
- Location: Westonbirt Arboretum, Gloucestershire UK
- Photography: Andy Matthews
- Engineer: Buro Happold
Saturday, April 16th, 2016
Article source: Che Fu Chang Architects
Steel making is a sophisticated process. Extruding, rolling, extending—the dynamic flow gives birth to the basic element of modern building structure, the steel bar. A primary goal of our project was to capture the suddenness of the motion, a moment that sustains pressure, force, and heat. The complexity is reflected in the building’s multifaceted function, encompassing areas for administration and accommodation as well as a canteen, auditorium, and gallery. Moreover, a narratively arranged visitors’ route is integrated into the building’s circulation system. These features also shape the buildings and connecting bridge.
Image Courtesy © CHE FU CHANG ARCHITECTS
- Architects: Che Fu Chang Architects
- Project: Administration Building of Tung Ho Steel Enterprise Corp
- Location: Taoyuan, Taiwan
- Client: Tung Ho Steel Enterprise Corp., Taiwan
- Project Team: Yi He Hong, Heng Song Tong, Rosalind Wang, Pei Chen Yang, Chung Yin Wang, Ru Ting Zheng, Ren Yu Fang, Fu Yang Luo
- Landscape Architect: The Environmental Arts Design Company
- Structural Engineer: Supertech Consultants International
- M&E Consultant: Ementech Electrical Engineering Consultant Co. Ltd
- Size: 323256.59 ft2
- Design: 2010
- Completion: 2012
Friday, April 15th, 2016
Article source: kister scheithauer gross architekten und stadtplaner
The new institute building, which is situated directly adjacent to the 5th construction stage finished in 2005, will complete the ensemble of brickwork. In the future, the extension of the university will accommodate the faculties Maritime Technology, Integrated Safety and Security Management, Bioanalytics and Computer Science.
Image Courtesy © Yohan Zerdoun and Freiburg
Thursday, April 14th, 2016
Article source: Studio_GAON
At this time when industrial society changes to cultural era, we started this project to turn on the cultural switch by building a building, just as putting a book in a empty shelf. Driving along Gyeongin Expressway to go through Gajwa Interchange, you will meet Gajwa-dong, a town in Incheon, South Korea. This town took sea in the old days.
Image Courtesy © Youngchae Park
- Architects: Studio_GAON (Hyoungnam Lim, Eunjoo Roh)
- Project: Sinjinmal Building
- Location: Gajwa-dong, Seo-gu, Incheon, South Korea
- Photography: Youngchae Park
- Project Team: Minjung Choi, Sangwoo Yi, Seongwon Son, Sungpil Lee, Hanmoe Lee, Haelee Jung, Joowon Moon
- Structure: Reinforced Concrete
- Construction: Yeziin Construction
- Finish: Exposed Concrete
- Translation: Joowon Moon
- Site Area: 294m2
- Building Area: 110.70m2
- Gross Floor Area: 217.05m2
- Design Period: 2012.01.30-2012.09.30
- Construction Period: 2013.03.11-2013.08.30