Archive for the ‘Building’ Category
Saturday, November 29th, 2014
Article source: intile&rogers arquitectura
From the architect. Quintana 4598, at the corner of Calle Arias, is a building of 12 functional units. The structure is modular, easily implemented and flexible. There are three apartments per floor in which the bathroom, kitchen, storage, closet and bedroom space are organized in a “furniture” format, as a piece attached sideways to the larger space. The specific programs take advantage of the 3m height and are condensed by a superposition in this structure. This operation provides a large volume of air to the dynamic area of the house.
Image Courtesy © Federico Cairoli
- Architects: intile&rogers arquitectura
- Project: Quintana 4598
- Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Photography: Federico Cairoli
- Structures: Ing. Ariel Fridman
- Building Services: Ing. Julio Blanco
- Wulcon Energy: Ing. Orlando Giampaoli, Tec. Adolfo Fraccalvieri
Friday, November 28th, 2014
Article source: AmreinHerzig
The slight rotation compared to the long volumes of the terraced houses and its polygonal form give the tower-like monolithic apartment building a stronger autonomy, thereby benefiting its relationship with the two neighbouring buildings on the other side of the street. This creates a village environment, an expanded street space towards which the building entrances are aligned.
Image Courtesy © AmreinHerzig
- Architects: AmreinHerzig
- Project: Mühlestrasse residential and studio building
- Location: Edlibach, Switzerland
- Project: 2010
- Built: 2012–2013
Thursday, November 27th, 2014
Article source: ArchiWorkshop.kr
The site for ‘White Cube, Mangwoo’ is located in the east side of Seoul in South Korea, overlooking a beautiful Mangwoo Mountain. The area has been designated as a redevelopment area for a long time but recently, development was cancelled on demand by residents.
Image Courtesy © June Young Lim
- Architects: ArchiWorkshop.kr
- Project: WHITE CUBE, MANGWOO
- Location: Seoul, South Korea
- Photography: June Young Lim
- Team: Hee-Jun Sim, Su-Jeong Park
- Project Team: Kyung-Na Kim
- Construction: Fair Design Construction
- Year of completion: 2014.10
Tuesday, November 25th, 2014
Article source:Flat House
There are several relatively large parks in Musashino, Tokyo and this small building was built in front of one of them – Nogawa Park. The owners are a young married couple in their 20s. Both of them art graduates who have jobs in companies where they are able to demonstrate their artistic senses and creative skills. They dreamed of having a building like a “small art museum”. They also wished for a gallery, a cafe, and a studio on the first floor, as well as a small living space on the second floor.
Image Courtesy © Takumi Ota
- Architects: Flat House
- Project: Oeuf
- Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Photography: Takumi Ota
Tuesday, November 18th, 2014
Article source: Hunter Douglas
Completed part of the building is only the first half of the tender winning project that is comprised of complex content structures (apartments, offices, shops, school ….). Hybrid content structure is materialized as building with extremely simple volume, in front of which, the streaming central pedestrian axis of Vrbani III stretches towards landscaped public space.
Image Courtesy © Hunter Douglas
- Architects: Hunter Douglas
- Project: Vrbani III
- Location: Zagreb, Croatia
- Team: Studio A (Mr. Nenad Kondza) and Studio Za Arhitekturu (Mr. Igor Franic)
- Product: Terrart Light
- Investor: Zagrebgradnja
Saturday, November 15th, 2014
Article source: Consortium Labonté Marcil / Cardinal Hardy / Eric Pelletier architectes
The Bibliothèque du Boisé aims to become a place fostering a feeling of belonging, promoting exploration and discovery. Located between Thimens Boulevard and the Marcel-Laurin Park, it covers a surface area of 5,000 m² and is integrated into the site by drawing on its major elements. This isn’t a project about architecture alone: it’s also about landscape. As such, the building connects the city with the surrounding landscape, and serves as a point of connection that allows users to explore its site—inside and outside, from Boulevard Thimens as well as from the park. Visitors will discover the building by approaching it from a variety of spaces both intimate and dramatic, spaces that, by offering a variety of access pathways, set the stage for the site as well as for its users.
Image Courtesy © Consortium Labonté Marcil / Cardinal Hardy / Eric Pelletier architectes
Saturday, November 15th, 2014
Article source: GANA Arquitectura
This project arises from the rehabilitation process created in order to revalue some of the sports facilities at Fernando Ruiz Hierro Complex that had been abandoned and, thus, to improve the entire complex. The project area includes an old outdoor swimming pool, a football ground, the existing padel courts and the surrounding area.
Image Courtesy © Blanca Green
- Architects: GANA Arquitectura, Antonio Galisteo, Alvaro Fernandez Navarro
- Project: REHABILITATION OF FERNANDO HIERRO SPORTS FACILITY
- Location: Fernando Ruiz Hierro Municipal Sports Facilities, Vélez-Málaga, Spain
- Photography: Blanca Green
- Collaborators: Guillermo Mateos Frutos. Arquitecto Técnico, Juan Francisco Mata Díaz. Estructuras, Antonio de la Herranz. Instalaciones Francisco Jesús Camacho Gómez. Arquitecto Claudia Muñoz Núñez. Arquitecto Alejandro Reina López. Arquitecto
- Project Year: 2013
- Project Area: 270,15 m2 (building) + 10.662,81 m2 (sport facilities)
Wednesday, November 12th, 2014
Article source: Giuseppe Gurrieri & Valentina Giampiccolo
The closely-knit urban fabric of the upper section of the oldest part of Ragusa has a clear 19th-century feel, with longitudinal streets running parallel at different levels, following the natural slope of the land and tied together by a criss-cross of steps.
Image Courtesy © Filippo Poli
- Architects: Giuseppe Gurrieri & Valentina Giampiccolo
- Project: DCS House
- Location: Ragusa, Italy
- Photography: Filippo Poli
- Software used: Autocad
- Client: Private
- Team: Valentina Giampiccolo
- Design Team: Valentina Occhipinti, Dario Gulino, Giulia Filetti
- Contractor: Angelo Ferraro (more…)
Sunday, November 9th, 2014
Article source: Gerardo Caballero | Maite Fernández arquitectos
The building is placed in a typical party wall urban lot, in a block with an open expanse of train tracks in front. From the building you can see this magnificent industrial landscape and behind it, the river and its islands.
Image Courtesy © Gustavo Frittegotto
- Architects: Gerardo Caballero | Maite Fernández arquitectos, Orlando Alloatti
- Project: Güemes Building
- Location: Güemes 2969. Rosario, Argentina
- Photography: Gustavo Frittegotto
- Software used: AutoCAD
- Engineering: Eng.José R. Orengo
- Collaborators: Juan Fonseca
- General constructor: MR Sudamericana, constructora s.r.l.
- Structure: INGEN s.a.
- Site area: 286 m2
- Built area: 1400 m2 / 332 m2
- Project date: 2006
Thursday, November 6th, 2014
Article source: HWKN and Handel Architects
The team from HWKN yesterday joined Jersey City Mayor Steven Fulop, owners The KRE Group and National Real Estate Advisors and other local dignitaries to celebrate the groundbreaking of Journal Squared, HWKN and Handel Architects’ highly-anticipated three-tower, mixed-use development adjacent to the Journal Square PATH Station that is expected to fuel the revitalization of the massive transportation hub and serve as the centerpiece of a resurgent urban neighborhood.
Image Courtesy © HWKN and Handel Architects
- Architects: HWKN and Handel Architects
- Project: Journal Squared
- Location: Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Size: 2,300,000 sq. ft. in 3 phases. Phase 1 currently under construction, containing 540 units.
- Client: Kushner Real Estate Group, National Real Estate Advisors
- Consultants: WSP Cantor Seinuk Inc. (structure), Barone Engineering Associates (MEP), Melillo + Bauer Associates, Inc. (landscape architect), Christopher Stevens LLC (Interiors), Bruce Mau Design (Identity), Bliss Fasman Inc. (Lighting Consultant), Van Deusen & Associates (Elevator Consultant), Israel Berger & Associates (Building Envelope Consultant), Dresdner Robin (Civil Engineers), Dolan and Dean Consulting Engineers, LLC (Traffic Consultant