Archive for the ‘Building’ Category
Tuesday, November 25th, 2014
Article source:Flat House
There are several relatively large parks in Musashino, Tokyo and this small building was built in front of one of them – Nogawa Park. The owners are a young married couple in their 20s. Both of them art graduates who have jobs in companies where they are able to demonstrate their artistic senses and creative skills. They dreamed of having a building like a “small art museum”. They also wished for a gallery, a cafe, and a studio on the first floor, as well as a small living space on the second floor.
Image Courtesy © Takumi Ota
- Architects: Flat House
- Project: Oeuf
- Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Photography: Takumi Ota
Tuesday, November 18th, 2014
Article source: Hunter Douglas
Completed part of the building is only the first half of the tender winning project that is comprised of complex content structures (apartments, offices, shops, school ….). Hybrid content structure is materialized as building with extremely simple volume, in front of which, the streaming central pedestrian axis of Vrbani III stretches towards landscaped public space.
Image Courtesy © Hunter Douglas
- Architects: Hunter Douglas
- Project: Vrbani III
- Location: Zagreb, Croatia
- Team: Studio A (Mr. Nenad Kondza) and Studio Za Arhitekturu (Mr. Igor Franic)
- Product: Terrart Light
- Investor: Zagrebgradnja
Saturday, November 15th, 2014
Article source: Consortium Labonté Marcil / Cardinal Hardy / Eric Pelletier architectes
The Bibliothèque du Boisé aims to become a place fostering a feeling of belonging, promoting exploration and discovery. Located between Thimens Boulevard and the Marcel-Laurin Park, it covers a surface area of 5,000 m² and is integrated into the site by drawing on its major elements. This isn’t a project about architecture alone: it’s also about landscape. As such, the building connects the city with the surrounding landscape, and serves as a point of connection that allows users to explore its site—inside and outside, from Boulevard Thimens as well as from the park. Visitors will discover the building by approaching it from a variety of spaces both intimate and dramatic, spaces that, by offering a variety of access pathways, set the stage for the site as well as for its users.
Image Courtesy © Consortium Labonté Marcil / Cardinal Hardy / Eric Pelletier architectes
Saturday, November 15th, 2014
Article source: GANA Arquitectura
This project arises from the rehabilitation process created in order to revalue some of the sports facilities at Fernando Ruiz Hierro Complex that had been abandoned and, thus, to improve the entire complex. The project area includes an old outdoor swimming pool, a football ground, the existing padel courts and the surrounding area.
Image Courtesy © Blanca Green
- Architects: GANA Arquitectura, Antonio Galisteo, Alvaro Fernandez Navarro
- Project: REHABILITATION OF FERNANDO HIERRO SPORTS FACILITY
- Location: Fernando Ruiz Hierro Municipal Sports Facilities, Vélez-Málaga, Spain
- Photography: Blanca Green
- Collaborators: Guillermo Mateos Frutos. Arquitecto Técnico, Juan Francisco Mata Díaz. Estructuras, Antonio de la Herranz. Instalaciones Francisco Jesús Camacho Gómez. Arquitecto Claudia Muñoz Núñez. Arquitecto Alejandro Reina López. Arquitecto
- Project Year: 2013
- Project Area: 270,15 m2 (building) + 10.662,81 m2 (sport facilities)
Wednesday, November 12th, 2014
Article source: Giuseppe Gurrieri & Valentina Giampiccolo
The closely-knit urban fabric of the upper section of the oldest part of Ragusa has a clear 19th-century feel, with longitudinal streets running parallel at different levels, following the natural slope of the land and tied together by a criss-cross of steps.
Image Courtesy © Filippo Poli
- Architects: Giuseppe Gurrieri & Valentina Giampiccolo
- Project: DCS House
- Location: Ragusa, Italy
- Photography: Filippo Poli
- Software used: Autocad
- Client: Private
- Team: Valentina Giampiccolo
- Design Team: Valentina Occhipinti, Dario Gulino, Giulia Filetti
- Contractor: Angelo Ferraro (more…)
Sunday, November 9th, 2014
Article source: Gerardo Caballero | Maite Fernández arquitectos
The building is placed in a typical party wall urban lot, in a block with an open expanse of train tracks in front. From the building you can see this magnificent industrial landscape and behind it, the river and its islands.
Image Courtesy © Gustavo Frittegotto
- Architects: Gerardo Caballero | Maite Fernández arquitectos, Orlando Alloatti
- Project: Güemes Building
- Location: Güemes 2969. Rosario, Argentina
- Photography: Gustavo Frittegotto
- Software used: AutoCAD
- Engineering: Eng.José R. Orengo
- Collaborators: Juan Fonseca
- General constructor: MR Sudamericana, constructora s.r.l.
- Structure: INGEN s.a.
- Site area: 286 m2
- Built area: 1400 m2 / 332 m2
- Project date: 2006
Thursday, November 6th, 2014
Article source: HWKN and Handel Architects
The team from HWKN yesterday joined Jersey City Mayor Steven Fulop, owners The KRE Group and National Real Estate Advisors and other local dignitaries to celebrate the groundbreaking of Journal Squared, HWKN and Handel Architects’ highly-anticipated three-tower, mixed-use development adjacent to the Journal Square PATH Station that is expected to fuel the revitalization of the massive transportation hub and serve as the centerpiece of a resurgent urban neighborhood.
Image Courtesy © HWKN and Handel Architects
- Architects: HWKN and Handel Architects
- Project: Journal Squared
- Location: Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Size: 2,300,000 sq. ft. in 3 phases. Phase 1 currently under construction, containing 540 units.
- Client: Kushner Real Estate Group, National Real Estate Advisors
- Consultants: WSP Cantor Seinuk Inc. (structure), Barone Engineering Associates (MEP), Melillo + Bauer Associates, Inc. (landscape architect), Christopher Stevens LLC (Interiors), Bruce Mau Design (Identity), Bliss Fasman Inc. (Lighting Consultant), Van Deusen & Associates (Elevator Consultant), Israel Berger & Associates (Building Envelope Consultant), Dresdner Robin (Civil Engineers), Dolan and Dean Consulting Engineers, LLC (Traffic Consultant
Saturday, November 1st, 2014
Article source: Curime Batliner
The piece, “Design Miami” was an investigation into the design and fabrication of aggregated assemblies and was intended from its initial design stage to be shown as a concept piece at Design Miami.
Image Courtesy © Curime Batliner
- Architects: Curime Batliner
- Project: Design Miami
- Material Description: 3D CNC milled wall piece with ABS and pouder printed inlets / Matte white finish
- Exhibit: Johnson Trading Gallery / Booth Aranda Lasch @ Design Miami
- People / Organizations:
- Design: Curime Batliner, Stephan Sobl
- Collaborators: Benjamin Aranda , Chris Lasch
Saturday, November 1st, 2014
Article source: Benjamin Garcia Saxe Architecture
A solid, natural, and warm object makes us question what is inside. Soft lines, symmetrical composition, plotted openings, and small rays of light peek inside. The thrill of slipping between pointillism in each sharp element contrasts with the tranquility and passivity of light reflected in its shadow; a double faced complexity.
Image Courtesy © Andres Garcia Lachner
- Architects: Benjamin Garcia Saxe Architecture
- Project: Hidden Flashe
- Location: San Jose, Costa, USA
- Photography: Andres Garcia Lachner
- Veritas University Professors: Arq. Laura Morelli
- Veritas University Assistant: Arq. Cesar Coto Leandro
- Design Development: Murillo Poblador Maria Jose, San Martin Cruz Ana Laura, Calvo Mendez Andrea Johanna, Campos Jimenez Silvia, Corrales Morera Melisa, Esquivel Isern Javier, Gamboa Amador Jose Alonso, Garcia Fernandez Mayline Diala, Gutierrez Chaves Priscilla, Gutierrez Nigro Maria Jose, Lopez Castro Daniela Maria, Montero Delgado Nery Sophia, Muñoz Alguera Mariela Paola, Quesada Pizarro Diana Maria, Rojas Murillo Jose Mario, Vasquez Barquero Jose Esteban, Aguilar Quesada Daniela Maria, Alvarez Tacsan Maria Jose, Barquero Carranza Lissa, Carolina, Ellis Wegley, Amy Rebeca, Fonseca Montalto Maria Jose, Gomez Duran Christian, Mena Guerrero, Maria Jose, Morel Julien, Porras Castro Andrea, Rodriguez Alvarado Alonso, Salas Araya Estrella, Sanabria Rojas Jacqueline, Segura Matamoros Jose Pablo, Vargas Jara, Javier Alonso, Vinocour Alvarez Carlos Alberto, Currea Natalia
Wednesday, October 29th, 2014
Article source: Gerber Architekten
“Using the simplest means, a contemporary, high-quality new element of the university campus in Paderborn has been created, which makes its impact through the blood-red colouring of the foyer hall“ – with these words, Karin Kellner (architect and jury member) closed her laudation for the Auditorium and Seminar Building of the University of Paderborn, designed, planned and constructed by Gerber Architekten. On 27th of October, the project was honoured with the BDA Award Ostwestfalen-Lippe in the course of an award ceremony and exhibition opening.
Image Courtesy © Hans Jürgen Landes
- Architects: Gerber Architekten
- Project: The ”Auszeichnung guter Bauten“ of the BDA OWL
- Location: Dortmund, North Rhine-Westphalia
- Photography: Hans Jürgen Landes
- Software Used: ArchiCAd