Archive for the ‘Building’ Category
Sunday, June 29th, 2014
Article source: PKMN Architectures
I AM RECYCLED consists on the refurbishment of an industrial building sector in Arrasate (Basque Country, Spain). The building, constructed in 1928, was a part of ASAM steel industry. Thanks to this renewal the structure will extend its life span to be used as a recycling center, reuse workshop and second hand products sale, 2.568 square meters managed by Grupo Emaús Bidasoa.
Image Courtesy © PKMN Architectures
- Architects: PKMN Architectures
- Project: I AM RECYCLED
- Location: Arrasate, Spain
- Photography: PKMN Architectures
- Author: PKMN [pacman] Architectures
- Collaborators: Sarahí Flores, Maria Teresa Ovejas, AliaSabry
- Client: Grupo Emaús Bidasoa.
Thursday, June 26th, 2014
Article source: CREUSeCARRASCOarquitectos
The project aims to transform a four-storey office building placed between dividing walls in a residential building with offices for lease. The new building must optimize the number of flats in relation to the investment demand for housing and the small chances of regulations.
Image Courtesy © Hector Santos-Díez
- Architects: CREUSeCARRASCOarquitectos
- Project: Refurbishment at C_Galera 43
- Location: A Coruña, Spain
- Photography: Hector Santos-Díez
- Date Project / Completion: November 2012 / February 2013
- Area: 611.13 m2
- Built area: 703,45 m2
- Collaborators: Belén Salgado, Bárbara Mesquita, Laura Coladas, Manuel Burraco, Cristina Canto, Elisa Moreira, Celsa Pesqueira
- Promoter: Fundación Juana de Vega
- Building company: RENI, Servicios Integrales en Construcción SL
- Building engineer: Luis Pérez Doval
- Structure: Féliz Suárez Riestra
- Facilities: Isabel Francos Anllo
- Natural iroko wood studs naturally.
- 1m length iroko wood boards with white lasur.
- White lacquered aluminum holding doors.
- Stair made of perforated sheet metal and natural iroko wood.
- Oak flooring in flats. Polished cement floors in common areas. Natural iroco boards in terraces.
- Zinc deck
Thursday, June 26th, 2014
Article source: Arquitetura Nacional
Praça Municipal 47 is an example of the ongoing transformation of the project’s surrounding location: mid-rise residential buildings now occupy the place of old houses and small lots. Organic and irregular shaped roads characterize the residential environment, which is also influenced by height limitations imposed by the city airport.
Image Courtesy © Arquitetura Nacional
Sunday, June 15th, 2014
Article source: Zaha Hadid Architects
The Issam Fares Institute for Public Policy and International Affairs (IFI) building by Zaha Hadid Architects (ZHA) at the American University of Beirut (AUB) continues the on-going implementation of the 2002 AUB Campus Master Planby Sasaki Associates(in collaboration with Machado and Silvetti, MGT of America, and Dar Al-Handasa, Shair and Partners)to advance the university’s academic mission in the 21st Century with facilities of the highest international standards.
Image Courtesy © Hufton + Crow
- Architects: Zaha Hadid Architects
- Project: Issam Fares Institute for Public Policy and International Affairsat
- Location: American University in Beirut, Lebanon
- Photography: Hufton + Crow, Luke Hayes
- University President: Dr Peter Dorman
- Facilities for Design & Planning Unit Director: Bassem Baroumi
- IFI Project Manager: Alain Eid
- Director:Dr Rami Khouri
- Design: Zaha Hadid and Patrik Schumacher
- ZHA Project Architect: Saleem A. Jalil
- ZHA Project Team: Christos Passas, Saleem A. Jalil, Graham Modlen, Human Talebi, Brandon Buck,MiyaUshida
- ZHA Competition team: Saleem A. Jalil, RokhsanaRakhshani, Teakjin Kim, Ben Holland, CharbelChagoury, AnasYounes, Fulvio Wirtz, Mariagrazia Lanza, Renata Dantas.
- Local Architect: Rafik El Khoury& Partners (Hazar Mansour, Roger Skaff)
- Structural Engineering: Rafik El Khoury& Partners (Rafik El Khoury, Georges Sfeir, MayaCharry, Guy Ghosn, Roger Skaff)
- Mechanical Engineering: ZEF London (DD stage) /Rabih. Rafik El Khoury& Partners(IssamMourrad)
- Electrical Engineering: Rafik El Khoury& Partners (Karim Nammar)
- Acoustic Consultant:Rafik El Khoury& Partners (WassimSader)
Thursday, June 12th, 2014
Article source: LOVE architecture and urbanism ZT GmbH
The Doninpark project was developed as an eight-story residential, office and retail building, located in the 22nd district in Vienna, directly behind the “Kagraner Platz” subway stop. In terms of urban planning, this location is characterized be enormous leaps in scale: to the east lies a dense, urban area with extensive infrastructure, while the area to the west has a more suburban feel, with numerous single-family and multi-family dwellings and sports fields.
Image Courtesy © Jasmin Schuller
- Architects: LOVE architecture and urbanism ZT GmbH
- Project: Doninpark
- Location: Vienna, Austria
- Photography: Jasmin Schuller
- Design year: 2010
- Start of construction: 2011
- Handing over/completion: 2013
- Beginning of planning phase: January 2010
- Start of construction: 2011
- Completion: 2013
- GFA: 15,000 m²
Friday, May 23rd, 2014
Article source: ATELIER VENS VANBELLE
The building site is situated at the end of a small street in the small village of Horebeke in the Flemish Ardennes, next to a restaurant. The view from the site is splendid: the landscape slopes slowly and offers an overview to an untouched agricultural area spread over two kilometers.
Image Courtesy © ATELIER VENS VANBELLE
- Architects: ATELIER VENS VANBELLE
- Project: K001 notariaat
- Location: Horebeke, Belgium
- Photography: ATELIER VENS VANBELLE
- Construction: 2009
- facade: red bricks ‘hectic’ (wienerberger)
- basement: concrete
- windows: white steel
- patio windows: wood afselia
- floor offices: oak
- floor waiting room and hall: blue stone (Hainnaut)
- floor archive: polished concrete
- furniture: MDF
Friday, May 23rd, 2014
Article source: MANCO ARCHITECTS INC.
The project was designed to reconstruct Nihat Bey Apartment proven to be not structurally resistant against an earthquake and needs to be demolished according to the Urban Regeneration Law.
Each one of the 12 units to be included in the new building were individually designed according to the special needs of their owners.
Image Courtesy © MANCO ARCHITECTS INC.
- Architects: MANCO ARCHITECTS INC.
- Project: Nihat Bey Apartment Building
- Software used: AutoCAD LT, SketchUp and V-Ray
Tuesday, May 20th, 2014
Article source: Wise Architecture
The ABC Building is located around SeonJeong Royal Tomb with history of old Seoul in Gangnam area in Korea. The boastful – glaring buildings in Gangnam block view from the site to the royal tombs park while the roof of five story building suddenly opens view to beautiful landscape of the park. The building can be regarded as “Architectural Mountain” the roof terrace as “Architectural Summit”. People climb up the building by narrow exterior stair alleys. These five stair alleys opened to public are cascaded like small stream falls or stepped vegetation wall garden. The passenger meets silent and beautiful sceneries from inside of bricks stair alley wall and outside from the royal tombs park to reach the top of the building.
Image Courtesy © Chin HyoSook
- Architects: Wise Architecture
- Project: ABC Building
- Location: Seoul, South Korea
- Photography: Chin HyoSook
- Site area: 285sqm, Building area: 163sqm, Total floor area: 779sqm,
- Building Coverage: 57%, Rate of building volume to lot: 196.48%
- Number of Storey: Basement 1 storey, 5 storeys
- Structure: Reinforced Concrete Structure
- Principal use: Office
- Material: Dry brick wall fabrication/Wet brick wall fabrication, Filobe Curtain-wall System
- Project manager: Lee Jeong Hoon
- Completed Year: 2012
Sunday, May 18th, 2014
Article source: gmp Architekten von Gerkan, Marg und Partner
The architects von Gerkan, Marg and Partners (gmp) are designing the new rehearsal building for the ballet company of Deutsche Oper am Rhein. In a consortium with HOCHTIEF Solutions, they were commissioned by Düsseldorf City Council in a PPP scheme.
Image Courtesy © gmp Architekten von Gerkan, Marg und Partner
- Architects: gmp Architekten von Gerkan, Marg und Partner
- Project: New construction of rehearsal building for “Ballett am Rhein”
- Location: Düsseldorf, Germany
- Collaborate: HOCHTIEF Solutions AG and HMI, BIG and Capatti Staubach
- Design: Volkwin Marg and Hubert Nienhoff with Kristian Spencker
- Team members: Veit Lieneweg, Silvia Schneider, Michael Scholz, Daniel Tome
- Client: The City of Düsseldorf
- GFA: 4,500 m²
Wednesday, May 14th, 2014
Article source: ADEPT
ADEPT, together with COWI engineers, local Aalborg NORD Arkitekter and GHB Landscape Architects, are behind the winning proposal for an innovative and sustainable building strategy for the Aalborg Barracks. The project includes 9.000 m2 of new buildings planned for completion in 2016.
Image Courtesy © ADEPT / doug&wolf
- Architects: ADEPT
- Project: THE DANISH ARMED FORCES
- Location: Aalborg, Denmark
- Photography: ADEPT / doug & wolf, ADEPT
- Software used: Adobe Creative Suite CC, Sketchup 2014, Vray 2.0 and Autocad LT 2014