Archive for the ‘Building’ Category
Friday, June 17th, 2016
Article source: Daniele Claudio Taddei Architect
In the historic quarter of Calatrava in the centre of Palma old town buildings are full of history, but time and weather are also talking great toll, very often the palaces are in need of renovation.
And it is in this context that the top two floors of an historic building originating from the 17th century could be joined together with all the roofs creating terraces on 3 levels, taking advantage of the spectacular view of roof landscapes, the cathedral, several churches and the sea, and at the same time enjoying the very quiet green inner court, typical element of the palaces in the medieval city centre.
Image Courtesy © Bruno Helbling
- Architects: Daniele Claudio Taddei Architect (Daniele Claudio Taddei with Daniel Milnor, Stefan Luttecke)
- Project: Finca Feeling in Palma Palace
- Location: Calle del Sol 07001 Palma, Balearic Islands
- Photography: Bruno Helbling, Zurich
- Client: DADAST SA
- Collaboration: Oliver Rogers
- Area: 138 sqm
- Project Year: 2014
Friday, June 10th, 2016
Article source: ARCHITEKTI ŠEBO LICHÝ
Štefánikova Street is known as traffic route in the city center, yet it has the potential to be a city boulevard. It has a unique character with a varied structure of buildings from different historical periods. Two original buildings from the fifties and the seventies were reconstructed. Both were previously connected and operationally functioned as one building. Characteristics of both buildings were their to date street-facades (also known as buildings of railway engineering).
Image Courtesy © Stacho
- Architects: ARCHITEKTI ŠEBO LICHÝ
- Project: Business Garden Stefanikova
- Location: Štefánikova 881/15, Bratislava, Slovakia
- Photography: Tomáš Manina, Ľubo Stacho
- Investor: Kartezis, s.r.o.
- General Contractor: Metrostav Slovakia a.s.
- Statics: Ing. Somorovský
- Land area: 1416 m2
- Utility area: 8757,9 m2
- Building area: 1356,3 m2
- Beginning of construction: 2012
- Completion of construction: 2014
Wednesday, June 8th, 2016
Article source: marc benjamin drewes ARCHITEKTUREN & schneideroelsen
Small and cautious interventions try not to destroy the special atmosphere and to retrieve hidden qualities in the refurbishment of a typical Berlin apartment from around 1900.
In three rooms several layers of old color were taken off the extensive moulding on the ceiling. Behind the thick layers of color parts of the original ceiling frescos appeared. Since the ceilings were not painted again, the rooms are being characterized by a lively and diverse feeling full of history. The slight irregularities of a rough lime cement plaster on the walls are equally far away from a too monotonous perfectly smooth surface. The old hardwood flooring was sanded off and treated with a mixture of oil and wax.
Image Courtesy © marc benjamin drewes ARCHITEKTUREN & schneideroelsen
Tuesday, June 7th, 2016
Article source: XTU ARCHITECTS
‘This building does not resemble any recognisable shape because it is an evocation of the soul of wine between the river and the city.’
A strong architectural statement, La Cité du Vin stands out with its bold curves and shape. An iconic building, this golden frame hosts a Cité within the city, a living space with experiences to discover.
Image Courtesy © Patrick Tourneboeuf
- Architects: XTU ARCHITECTS
- Project: Cité du Vin
- Location: Bordeaux, France
- Photography: Delphine Isart, Julien Lanoo, Patrick Tourneboeuf
- Client: City of Bordeaux
- Owner: Fondation de La Cité du Vin
- Casson Mann _ Scenographer (innovative tool of the permanent tour)
- SNC-Lavalin _ Engineering
- Budget: 81M€ excluding VAT/ 55M€ (architecture + scenography)
- Surface area: 12 927 m² usable surface included 2 800 m² of permanent exhibition
- Site: 13 644 m²
- Competition: April 2011
- Build: Septembre 2013
- Delivered: May 2016
Sunday, May 22nd, 2016
Article source: Triptyque Arquitetura
Triptyque brings innovation into Brazil by creating the first sustainable corporate building based on the positive energy concepts.
Image Courtesy © Leonardo Finotti
- Architects: Triptyque Arquitetura
- Project: RB12
- Location: 12, Avenue Rio Branco, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Photography: Leonardo Finotti
- Software used: Autocad
- 3D: Thiago Bicas, Ricardo Innecco, Imagine
- Customer: NATEKKO
- Partners: Greg Bousquet, Carolina Bueno, Guillaume Sibaud, Olivier Raffaelli
- General Manager: Luiz Trindade
- Projects Managers: Marcea Sampaio, Paula Megiolaro, Vinicius Capella
- Team: Danilo Vicentini, Juliana Becker, Renan Bussi, Francine Ouriques
- Surface: 4728 m²
- Project launching: July 2013
- Project ending: January 2016
Friday, May 20th, 2016
Article source: ZoomFactor Architects
Located in a mix of homes and buildings R + 5 high-density project of raising aims to create two housing while retaining the existing craft on the ground floor.
Image Courtesy © ZoomFactor Architects
- Architects: ZoomFactor Architects
- Project: La Sablière
- Location: 16 / 16bis rue de la Sablière – 75014 PARIS
- Cost: 602245 euros HT
- Surface: 128 m² SHON
- Calendar: 2007-2014 (work in progress)
Friday, May 20th, 2016
Article source: ARQMOV
Triangulo Corona is located in the State of Mexico on the outskirts of the metropolitan area of Mexico City, on a property of irregular topography crossed by two major regional thoroughfares. Its context is an industrial zone rich in the so called ‘maquiladoras’ and storehouses, neighbouring primary and intermediate schools, a health centre and street markets. The residential environment is one of self-construction, where materials appear in their raw state, devoid of finishes, a quality that defines the architecture and environment of this low-income area.
Image Courtesy © Rafael Gamo
- Architects: ARQMOV
- Project: Triangulo Corona
- Location: Naucalpan, Mexico
- Photography: Rafael Gamo
- Client: David Mizrahi
- Consultants: Ing. Max Tenenbaum, Ing. Ricardo Jimenez
- Design Team: Eduardo Micha, Fabio Correa, Gabriel Merino, Oscar Osorio, Patricia Pérez, Christian Rodriguez, Miguel Ángel Chiney, Eduardo Acosta, Maricruz Pérez
- Gross floor area: 1543.00 m2
- Year Completion: 2015
Sunday, May 15th, 2016
Article source: Caprioglio Associati Architects
The building on which we intervene belongs to the complex of buildings of the compendium , developed over time , beginning in 1883 until the thirties of the twentieth century , the ” oils and greases ” Federico Matter .
The only image that you have of the settlement OILS MATTER relates to the decor of a letterhead dated 23 October 1912 .
Main façade within the context, Image Courtesy © Paolo Belvedere
- Architects: Caprioglio Associati Architects (Filippo Caprioglio)
- Project: Loft del Forte
- Location: Venice, Italy
- Photography: Paolo Belvedere
- Client: Real New Pa.Pi.
- Collaborators: Barnabas Bortoluzzi , Manuele Mason , Francesco Soldo
- General Contractor: Construction Titian Geom . Corrado
- Project: 2007-2009
- Realization: 2010-2013
Wednesday, May 11th, 2016
Article source: v2com
With entries from over 95 countries, Henriquez Partners were the only Vancouver-based firm to be recognized amongst the winners. TELUS Garden was recognized as both the Popular Choice Winner and the Jury’s Choice Winner in the Office – High Rise (16+ Floors) category.
Image Courtesy © Ed White
Wednesday, May 11th, 2016
Article source: Rede Arquitetos
The administrative building of the Federal University of Ceará´s campus in Crateús municipality is the first of its set of blocks provided by the master plan of this academic unit. The building has a dual function: to host the administrative part of the set and to serve as a gateway to the campus, thus determining the shape of the building, which is split by a shift in its floorplan that separates a stretch and closed part from the other, open and fluid.
Image Courtesy © Joana França
- Architects: Rede Arquitetos
- Project: Administrative building of the Federal University
- Location: Rodovia BR 226 Km 4, Bairro José Rosa, Crateús, Ceará, Brasil
- Photography: Joana França
- Software used: Autocad, Sketchup
- Contributors: Luiz Cattony (Architect), Carlos Augusto (Structural Design), UTP Engenharia (Building Installations)
- Construction company: Construtora e Imobiliária JMV
- Surface: 1.658,35 m²
- Completion: 2012 – 2015