Archive for the ‘Building’ Category
Thursday, March 13th, 2014
Article source: Elías Rizo Arquitectos
Located in a commercial area to the west of the city of Guadalajara, the project developed from the idea of creating a building with a removable metal frame capable of holding a machine with artificial waves for surfing, complemented by an architectural program consisting of bathroom dressing rooms, restaurant and administration which orbit around the main attraction.
Image Courtesy © Marcos García
- Architects: Elías Rizo Arquitectos
- Project: PUNTO SURF
- Location: Jalisco, México
- Photography: Marcos García
- Collaborators: Jenny Mora, Paola Hernández, Alma Osnaya, Jenny Camarena, Gabriela Chávez, Roberto Contreras, Rigo González, Andrea Zúñiga, Daniela Valdez, Maripily Roel, Diana Reséndiz, Rodrigo Ortega.
- Constructor: Ing. César Cervantes López
- Iluminación: Construlita
- Year finshed: 2013
- Project area: 1216 m2
Tuesday, March 11th, 2014
Article source: atelier d’arquitectura j. a. lopes da costa
The project of this Residential Home consists of 60 bedrooms (of three different types) with areas for management and administrative services, staff facilities, living and activity areas, dining and service areas (kitchen, pantry, laundry and backing facilities), Health and Hydrotherapy areas and, finally, technical areas, storage rooms and garage.
Image Courtesy © Manuel Aguiar
- Architects: atelier d’arquitectura j. a. lopes da costa
- Project: Elderly Residential Building TORRE SENIOR
- Location: Santo Tirso, Portugal
- Photography: Manuel Aguiar
- Collaborators: Rita Gonçalves, Filipe Ribeiro
- Technical Specialties: Termoprojecto
- Project Date: 2007-2009
- Construction Date: 2009-2013
Thursday, March 6th, 2014
Article source: LAN Architecture
THE NEW GRAND PALAIS: AN EXAMPLE OF MODERNITY
To our contemporary eyes, the Grand Palais is both an idea and a symbol of modernity. It is a hybrid building in terms of its architecture, its usage and its history. Neither a museum nor a simple monument, its architecture has an identity all its own, centered around the notion of a “culture machine,” a spatial means for hosting a vast diversity of events and audiences that exponentially exalts the site’s “universal” and “republican” vocation. The restoration and restructuring of the entire monument affords us the chance to reinforce this aspiration.
Image Courtesy © LAN Architecture
- Architects: LAN Architecture
- Project: Restoration and redesign of the Grand-Palais des Champs-Élysées
- Location: Paris, France
- Competitive dialogue: 2013-2014
- Client: Réunion des Monuments Nationaux – Grand-Palais
- Budget: € 130 M. excl. VAT
- Surface: 70 623 m²
- Team: LAN (mandatory architect), Franck Boutté Consultants (sustainable design), Terrell (structure, façades, fluids), Michel Forgue (Quantitysurveyor), Systematica (flux), Lamoureux (acoustic), Casso (Fire protection and accessibilityengineers), CICAD (SCMC), BASE (landscaper), Mathieu Lehanneur (design).
Tuesday, March 4th, 2014
Article source: Söhne & Partner Architects
The competition entry with our local partners in Addis Ababa, BET architects, was rewarded with formal approval.
Conceptually speaking – with structural metaphoric relationship – the Insurance Company embracing life and property of its customers is depicted as embracing nature by placing the tower and the podium in a natural landscape.
Image Courtesy © Söhne & Partner Architects
Thursday, February 27th, 2014
Article source: AA Studio
250 Bowery is a recently completed 40,000 sq/ft new condominium building located on the east side of the Bowery, between Houston and prince Street.
The Bowery is the street that separates NoLiTa (North of Little Italy) from the Lower East Side.
From the Civil war time until a few years ago, The Bowery was still considered the street of the homeless, the prostitutes and the drug addicts and was known for the flophouses.
Image Courtesy © AA Studio
- Architects: AA STUDIO (Aldo Andreoli) and MA ARCHITECTS (Morris Adjmi)
- Project: 250 Bowery
- Location: New York City, USA
Sunday, February 23rd, 2014
Article source: basalt Architecture
Located on a plot of land between two high-rise buildings, the conservatory stands at the interface of architectural scripts linked to the city’s building heritage. On the edge of the 17th arrondissement to the south Haussmann-style buildings look across at social housing of a more recent period. So the conservatory is located at a strategic point due to its theme, i.e. the 17th arrondissement’s history is closely linked with French music, and building this new edifice has to be worthy of this past.
Image Courtesy © sergio grazia
- Architects: basalt Architecture
- Project: Music Conservatory
- Location: Paris’, France
- Photography: sergio grazia
- General contractors: LAINE DELAU
- Structural Engineering: STEBAT
- Earthworks: SLOMAREP
- Foundations: Grimaud Fondations
- Concrete Pouring: ISD
- Electrical Consultant: MAINTELEC
- Air Conditioning, Heating, Plumbing, Smoke Ejection: RCE
- Exterior metal-work: LOPES ET CALDAS
Saturday, February 1st, 2014
Article source: juri troy architects
Not far from the Viennese boarder – in between the Wien River and the Wiener Street as well as in close proximity to Josef Hoffmann’s well-known sanatorium dating from 1905 – lies the Wienerwald surgery. The three-story high solid building accommodates three apartments in the top floor, which are illuminated by means of cut in terraces.
Image Courtesy © juri troy architects
- Architects: juri troy architects
- Project: Ordination Vienna Woods
- Location: Wienerwald, Purkersdorf
- Start of planning: June 2011
- Start of construction: December 2012
- Completion: September 2013
Thursday, January 30th, 2014
Article source: JHK Architecten
BioPartner Accelerator & Incubator are two buildings that were developed within a Design & Build construction for BioPartner Center Leiden by Dura Vermeer Bouw in partnership with JHK Architecten.
Together the buildings provide 11,500 m² of office and laboratory space for starting or restarting entrepreneurs in the bio-technology industry. Flexible work areas have been realized that offer space and opportunities to companies involved in research into medicines and vaccines. BioPartner Center Leiden Nederland is the largest centre for starters in the life sciences in the Netherlands.
Image Courtesy © Arthur Meerloo
- Architects: JHK Architecten
- Project: BioPartner
- Location: Leiden, Netherlands
- Photography: Palladium Photodesign, Arthur Meerloo
- Software used: Autocad and Revit.
- Client Design and Build: Dura Vermeer Bouw Leidschendam
- User: BioPartner Center Leiden
- Project start: 2009
- Completion: 2012
- Accelerator: ca 6,500 m²
- Incubator: ca 5,000 m²
- Contractor: Dura Vermeer Bouw Leidschendam
- Structural engineer: Adviesbureau Kaskon
- Building services adviser W: Wolter en Dros
- Building services adviser E: Croon TBI
- Building physics adviser: Bureau Nieman
Tuesday, January 28th, 2014
Article source: SEFAR® Architecture
The Würth Administration Building, on the shores of Lake Constance in Rorschach, Switzerland, features a SEFAR® Architecture Vision fabric interlayer that complements the beauty of the surrounding landscape. Its double skin of glass creates a distinctive aesthetic that alternately reflects and transmits natural light, offering an appealing building exterior and a truly unique workspace for employees.
Image Courtesy © SEFAR® Architecture
- Fabric Manufacturer: SEFAR® Architecture
- Project: Wurth Administration Building
- Location: Rorschach, Switzerland
Saturday, January 18th, 2014
Article source: Espegel – Fisac Arquitectos
The program specified by the owner-developer, was the construction of a block of flats with basement, garage, storage rooms and facilities rooms. We propose a very compact volume of 18 dwellings with a standard program: 12 three-bedroom dwellings and 6 four–bedrooms dwellings, with the aim of achieving the maximum efficiency in the use of the floor area.
Image Courtesy © Angel Baltanás
- Architects: Espegel – Fisac Arquitectos (Carmen Espegel & Concha Fisac)
- Project: Ananda Building
- Location: Fuenlabrada, Madrid
- Photography: Angel Baltanás
- Software used:AUTOCAD.
- Completion time: Febuary 2012
- Designer: Carmen Espegel Alonso, Concha Fisac de Ron
- Client: Zosma, S.A.
- Total Area: 7.286,40 sqm
- Consultants: Ana Espegel Alon, Mecanismo