Archive for the ‘Building’ Category
Friday, August 23rd, 2013
Article source: Manco Architects
The project was submitted to the invited competition opened by the Municipality of Beyoglu to replace their existing building on Istiklal Avenue.
1st basement and ground floor were planned as an art gallery, whereas each of the upper floors were solved as different units of the municipality. The roof floor was allocated to the mayor’s spaces.
Image Courtesy © Manco Architects
- Architects: Manco Architects
- Project: Diagonally Cut
- Location: Istiklal Avenu, Istanbul
- Software used: AutoCAD, SketcUp and V-Ray
Sunday, August 18th, 2013
Article source: JAR jaspeado arquitectos
The 4th edition of the international competition Arquine (2002) was assembled by the State Goverment of Puebla (México) trough out the Cultural Committee 5th of May, the Architecture Museum of INBA and the Association of Architects in Puebla. This competition had due to design a new information module to be located by the main access in the public park area of Los Fuertes.
Image Courtesy © Gabriela Solís
- Architects: JAR jaspeado arquitectos
- Project: IB11
- Location: Puebla, México
- Photography: Gabriela Solís, Patrick López Jaimes, Rodrigo Jaspeado
- Project year: 2003
- Building: 2011 – 2012
- Project site: 5,800 m2
- Project area: 330 m2
- Architecturalproject: Rodrigo Jaspeado y Enrique Betancourt
- StructuralEngineering: Ing. Jesús Ramírez Cuacenetl
Friday, August 16th, 2013
Article source: SPEECH Architectural Office
The State Tretyakov Gallery is a museum that symbolizes Russian culture, conceived by its founder as an open institution accessible to the public, which “is useful for many and enjoyable for everyone.”
Following the philosophy established by P. M. Tretyakov of keeping pace with society, changing along with it and responding to its needs and demands, the State Tretyakov Gallery today is striving to become a “museum of a new type,” an interactive space where multiple communication links are established in order to unite the elements of the museum’s traditional conservatism and dynamism of development.
Image Courtesy © SPEECH Architectural Office
Friday, August 16th, 2013
Article source: Studio Maurice Shapero
At the rite of passage into the adult world teenagers are possessed, particularly viscerally, by the relative world. The body is a vehicle for sensory physical, mental, emotional and spiritual experience. From this perspective imagine the profound, mysterious transformation happening at that time.
Image Courtesy © Studio Maurice Shapero
Tuesday, August 13th, 2013
Article source: van Dongen-Koschuch
The Kunstcluster (Art Cluster) is a landmark of the town centre of Nieuwegein, which is to be redeveloped over the next few years. A new town hall is to be built, with shops, homes and offices above ground, and underground parking. The site of the Kunstcluster consists of two conjoined blocks: the theatre with arts centre as well as the multi-storey car park combined with retail space.
Image Courtesy © van Dongen-Koschuch
- Architects: van Dongen-Koschuch
- Project: Kunstcluster
- Location: Nieuwegein, Netherlands
- Client: Projectbureau Binnenstad, Nieuwegien
- Programme: 7.500 m2 theater theatre. 1.800m2 kunstencentrum , arts centre, 975 m2 commerciële ruimte, retail space. 586 parkeerplaatsen parking spaces.
- Project team: H. de Haas, J. Baks, J.W. Baijense, F. Jaubert, R. Versteeg, R. Bos, K.R. Sluijs, S. Lin, R. Duarte
- Structural engineer: ABT, Delft
- Contractor: Bouwcombinatie Strabag , Zublin, Vlaardingen
- Date of commission: 2007
- Date of construction: 2010 – 2012
- Gross surface: 27.550 m2 (10.275 m2 theater en kunstencentrum, 17.275 m2 parkeergarage)
- Volume: 112.400 m3 (57.500 m3 theater en kunstencentrum, 54.900 m3 parkeergarage)
Sunday, August 11th, 2013
Article source: Bastiaan Jongerius Architecten
The centre of Edam dates from the 14th centuryis situated close to Amsterdam and next to the Ijsselmeer in the middle of the Netherlands. The canals are majestic, with elegant buildings and (cheese) warehouses. The architecture of this area is carefully and profoundly detailed. You can see this in the composition, materialization and lots of details.
Image Courtesy © Bastiaan Jongerius Architecten
Saturday, August 10th, 2013
Article source: PAUAT Architects
Located near the railway station in the centre of Wels, although different in function and appearance, it relates to its context in scale and volume, as well as in its position and relation to the district and street. Old and new building structures complement each other and react in shape and context in a dialogue with the urban structure. The new building adapts itself in the space restricted by the predefined structures, reacts to existing building lines and defines with the Aktiv Energy Tower a new qualified urban corner at Bahnhofstrasse.
Image Courtesy © PAUAT, Luttenberger
- Architects: PAUAT Architects
- Project: Fronius
- Location: Wels, Austria
- Photography: PAUAT, Luttenberger
- Architect In Charge: DI Heinz Plöderl
- Area: 6200 sqm
- Year: 2012
Wednesday, August 7th, 2013
Article source: Schwartz/Silver Architects
Constructed as part of the General Services Administration’s Design Excellence program, Schwartz/Silver’s modernization of the A. H. McCoy Federal Building and new security pavilion has dramatically changed the urban landscape in Jackson, Mississippi. The architects took the opportunity to redefine the relationship between the city and the federal government at this site. The re-envisioned plaza provides a landscaped oasis in the city for the employees and visitors who utilize the building. And by reaching out towards the corner of the site, the invitingly scaled security pavilion creates a welcoming entry point for the building.
Image Courtesy © Alan Karchmer
- Architects: Schwartz/Silver Architects
- Project: A. H. McCoy Federal Office Building
- Location: Jackson, Mississippi, USA
- Photography: Alan Karchmer
2010 GSA Honor Award in Urbanism I On the Boards
2011 BIMforum Delivery Process Innovation Award
- Client: General Services Administration
- Program: Re-plan 15 story tower to house federal agency tenants; complete building systems (MEP-FP) replacement; redesigned elevator lobbies and common spaces; accessibility upgrades; security upgrades; landscape; new security pavilion and public lobby; LEED Silver Certification.
- Cost / Area: $60 million / 428,000 sf
- Year: 2013
Saturday, August 3rd, 2013
Article source: Arquitectura en Movimiento Workshop
Dorf Ketal is an industry leader in the Middle East, North Africa, South America and Asia-Pacific territories. Its headquarters are located in the Port of Mundra, India’s largest private industrial park, in the Kutch district of the state of Gujarat, where cutting-edge technology and equipment are part of the building’s immediate context.
Image Courtesy © Arquitectura en Movimiento Workshop
Saturday, August 3rd, 2013
Article source: Sanjay Puri Architects Pvt. Ltd.
Enveloped in abstractly folded planes of perforated screens, this 6 level office building creates a sculptural presence. Located in the city of Jaipur in India which has a desert climate with average temperatures ranging from 30oC to 50oC through most of the year . The building is designed in response to the excessive heat imbibing traditional elements.
Image Courtesy © Sanjay Puri Architects Pvt. Ltd.