Archive for the ‘Building’ Category
Tuesday, July 23rd, 2013
Article source: IAD
Located in the hub of the capital Madrid, the building Castellana 36-38, one of the ship’s heritage buildings Mutua Madrileña main Spanish insurer, is currently undergoing a change in depth of its interior spaces and its facade. True to his research and environmental context, IAD proposes a revitalization of the architectural aesthetics of the building, the purpose of the Mutua Madrileña: make it reappear in the exclusive and iconic profile of the Castellana.
Image Courtesy © Mutua Madrileña
- Architects: IAD
- Project: Castellana 36-38
- Location: Madrid, spain
- Photography: Mutua Madrileña
- Contributors IAD: Development (R. Sá)
- Consultants: Engineering: IDOM S. L.
- Picture: Imagine 3D solution, MUTUAL Promoter MADRILEÑA, General Construction and Decoration Works YUGO
- Area: 12,000 m2
Sunday, July 21st, 2013
Article source: rh+ architecture
Location in the site
The situation of the plot at number 16 rue Riquet is exceptional: largely visible from the corner of Avenue de Flandre, it is very close to the Bassin de la Villette and has a length of 36 meters of frontage facing south with a depth varying from 18 to 22 meters. The building at the corner of Avenue de Flandre constructed at right angles as well as the small buildings with adjoining ground floors gives to the western corner of the plot a very valuable “faubourg” touch. On the other side of the same street, the large gable of number 14 allows the new building to be built upon. The whole of these characteristics bear a rich urban potential. Our project aims at making the most of it in the setting up and design of the new building
Image Courtesy © Luc Boegly
- Architects: rh+ architecture
- Project: Plein Soleil
- Location: Paris, France
- Photography: Luc Boegly
- Size: 2 760 m2
- Completion: 2012
Friday, July 19th, 2013
Article source: Goko
In one of the main entrances to Mexico City we found a dilapidated building that needed a new life. Located in an area of traffic chaos and visual saturation, the intervention had to be simple, honest and discreet to stand out in that environment.
Image Courtesy © Aki Itami R.
- Architects: Goko
- Project: 41.26
- Location: Mexico City, Mexico
- Photography: Aki Itami R.
- Project Manager: Isaac Guzmán R.
- Construction Manager: Carlos Ascensión L.
- Facade: Arte Urbano / Hunter Douglas
- Landscape Design: Cénica / Florever
- Textile Design: Isabel Maldonado
- Year: 2012
- Area: 1560 m2
Thursday, July 18th, 2013
Article source: Agence Bernard Bühler
The « Clos des Sablières » is formed of two buildings with the same architectural style :
– The ground floor is dressed railing tube, protecting locals and housings.
– At the first and the second floor, wood panels mask corridors, which allow access to housings. This system is a light filter, and lights common areas.
-At the third floor, there is, alternatively colored or natural, the glass offers a view on the urban environment.Housings have a double exposition, opened on the loggias and on the corridors.
Image Courtesy © VINCENT MONTHIERS
- Architects: Agence Bernard Bühler
- Project: LE CLOS DES SABLIERES
- Location: Bordeaux, France
- Photography: VINCENT MONTHIERS
- Client: AQUITANIS
- Project management team: Agence Bernard Bühler
- Consulting structural engineers: EGIS Sud-Ouest
- Mechanical engineer: EGIS Sud-Ouest
- Consulting engineer for power, lighting + communications intallations: EGIS Sud-Ouest
- Energy performance of building: RT 2005
Saturday, July 13th, 2013
Article source: Benthem Crouwel Architects
The project started as a won competition for the redevelopment of the “Zentralplatz”. The program included approximately 20.000 m² of retail space, urban functions and a 6.000 m² square.
Urban design concept
The complete program is split into two volumes, separated by the Zentralplatz. This separation of functions allows for two autonomous and highly functional buildings, which can develop long-term and independently. Because of the precise positioning of the buildings and their outline, the pedestrian flows are organized in an effective and logical way.
Image Courtesy © Thomas Eicken
- Architects: Benthem Crouwel Architects
- Project: Kulturbau ‘Forum Confluentes’
- Location: Zentralplatz 2, Koblenz, Deutschland, Germany
- Photography: Thomas Eicken
- Project team: Markus Sporer, Marcel Blom, Anna Gerlach, Noortje ter Heege, Tina Kortmann, Sascha Rullkötter, Cornelius Wens, Sander Vijgen, Benedikt Krienen, Anna Böll, Frank Deltrap
- Client: Forum Mittelrhein Koblenz GmbH & Co.KG
- Generalplaner: ECE Projektmanagement GmbH & Co.KG
- Contractor: Züblin GmbH
- Structural engineer: IDN Ingenieure, Duisburg
- Mechanical services: Technic Air, Hamburg
- Fire safety: HHP West, Bielefeld
- Period: 2007 – 2013
- Competition: 2007
- Start construction: 2010
Thursday, July 11th, 2013
Article source: Roger Stirk Harbour + Partners
- Joint venture between British Land and Oxford Properties
- Designed by Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners
- 610,000 sq ft of lettable floor space over 46 floors
- 736ft (224m) high
- Located directly opposite Lloyd’s of London in the heart of the City of London.
Image Courtesy © Roger Stirk Harbour + Partners
CONSTRUCTION AND ARCHITECTURAL FACTS
- 930,000 sq ft GIA
- 18,000 tonnes of steel
- 70,000 sq m of cladding
- 26 passenger lifts
Wednesday, July 10th, 2013
Article source: Stephane Maupin
The new building takes place on the east Side of Paris, a new area build over rail tracks. All the difficulty was to make a construction without any foundation. The project is installed above big concrete slabs overcoming trains in motion. So vertical columns are like pink flamingo’s legs. They are installed on 27 small spring boxes connecting the ground floor. Those boxes prevent all trains vibrations to students’ cells.
Image Courtesy © Guillaume Clément
- Architects: Stephane Maupin
- Project: Pink Flamingo
- Location: Rue Julie Daubié, Paris, France
- Photography: Guillaume Clément
- Objet: 77 students’ rooms + basket playground + 1 commercial flat
- Client: SEMAPA+RIVP / VINCI PROMOTION / CROUS
- Statut: Compétition
- Completion: November 2012
- Project area: 2400m² SHON
- Cost: 4 300 000 €
- Software used: Autocad 2010, 3ds Max 2012, Photoshop CS5 & Microsoft office
Saturday, July 6th, 2013
Article source: YBGSNA
Our proposal for the new Regional Council of Building of the District of Judea is based on a balance between our desire to insert a modest intervention in the landscape and a need to design a public building with a substantial formal presence. The relatively large lot (almost 20 dunam) and the modest program, led us to divide the areas into three building masses: a formal “cube” at the upper road with two wings at the lower road, embracing a public plaza.
Image Courtesy © YBGSNA
- Architects: YBGSNA
- Project: The Regional Council of Judea District
- Location: Beit Shemesh, Israel
- Client: The Regional Council of Judea District
- Stage: Preliminary Design
- Area: 29,500 m2
Wednesday, July 3rd, 2013
Article source: Maison Edouard François
In the heart of Colombo, Sri Lanka, a lot surrounds a historic British-colonial building. In this country, density is not limited and the program quickly takes on an exceptional scale: 450,000 m² are planned for offices, apartments, a hotel, a cinema, and a commercial center. The challenge becomes how to successfully create such a massive program adjacent to a historic monument.
Image Courtesy © Maison Edouard François
- Architects: Maison Edouard François
- Project: Krrish Square
- Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka
- PROGRAM 3 towers: residential, commercial and office spaces, luxury hotel
- Client: Krrish Group TEAM Maison Edouard François + Maison Edouard François India
- SURFACE: 450 000 M²
- Schedule: 2013
- Software used: Autocad, 3D Studio Max and Rhinoceros
Friday, June 28th, 2013
Article source: Grupa 5 Architekci
The office building is located within the heart of industrial Wola and is adjacent to the Warsaw uprising Museum. The seven storey A+ office building is state of the art and sets new standards in the design of offices. The modern glass and basalt façade is at the same time avant-garde in its expression and fits in well into the industrial surroundings.
Image Courtesy Marcin Czechowicz
- Architects: Grupa 5 Architekci (Dziedziejko, Kadłubowski, Leszczyński, Mycielski, Zelent)
- Project: Office Building at Grzybowska Street
- Location: Warsaw, Poland
- Photography: Marcin Czechowicz