Archive for the ‘Building’ Category
Thursday, March 27th, 2014
Article source: be baumschlager eberle
Two considerations formed the basis of our work. First, how can we maintain in the next thirty to forty years our quality of life and thereby conserve resources? The second, followed by the fundamental belief that we need to develop a home that reverses old fashioned mindsets: man no longer reacts to the house but the house to the man .For this we need much less equipment than is generally assumed. We have in 2226 no technical cooling, no heating, no additional ventilation but rather an intelligent software that controls heat output and natural air supply.
Image Courtesy © be baumschlager eberle
Wednesday, March 19th, 2014
Article source: estudio Beldarrain
The building “Carmen Martín Gaite” is the first one of the Getafe Campus extension of the Madrid Carlos III University. Our arrangement, winner of the urban planning contest, lays the buildings on both sides of a linear park that organizes the pedestrian traffic of the campus.
Image Courtesy © francisco berreteaga
- Architects: estudio Beldarrain
- Project: Building Carmen Martin Gaite
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Photography: francisco berreteaga
- Object of the Project: Building 18 of Getafe Campus., Library and extension of the Lecture Hall Building for Humanities, Journalism, Communication and Documentation.
- Built surface: 21,153 m2
- Liquidation Budget: €14,729,342 + VAT (€ 857 per m2 above ground level)
- Developer: Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (Charles III University of Madrid)
- Contractor: acciona infraestructuras
- Project manager, works supervisor: juan beldarrain, architect
- Collaborators: marta badiola, architect project manager, Itziar combarros, nestor asurmendi
- Executive management: mace management services
- Installations: R.Úrculo Ingenieros Consultores (Consulting Engineers)
- Structure: Arquing SL (Project Drafter), Valladares Ingeniería SL (Worksite Technical Assistance)
- Quality Control: LCC Quality, CPV Technical Control And Risk Prevention
- Quality control: LCC quality, CPV technical control and risk
- Safety And Health: MGO Group
- Leed Consultants: Indra (Project Consultant), Vega Ingeniería (Worksite Consultancy)
- Commissioning: Commtech Commissioning Services
Saturday, March 15th, 2014
Article source: CUBE design + research
The adaptive reuse of Henry Hobson Richardson’s 1875 Hayden Building was two-fold: convert a dilapidated commercial building into housing for a not-for-profit developer and preserve the ideas and storied past that shaped this National Landmark building.
Image Courtesy © CUBE design + research
- Architects: CUBE design + research
- Project: The Hayden Building
- Location: Boston, U.S.A
- Software used: Sketchup
Thursday, March 13th, 2014
Article source: Elías Rizo Arquitectos
Located in a commercial area to the west of the city of Guadalajara, the project developed from the idea of creating a building with a removable metal frame capable of holding a machine with artificial waves for surfing, complemented by an architectural program consisting of bathroom dressing rooms, restaurant and administration which orbit around the main attraction.
Image Courtesy © Marcos García
- Architects: Elías Rizo Arquitectos
- Project: PUNTO SURF
- Location: Jalisco, México
- Photography: Marcos García
- Collaborators: Jenny Mora, Paola Hernández, Alma Osnaya, Jenny Camarena, Gabriela Chávez, Roberto Contreras, Rigo González, Andrea Zúñiga, Daniela Valdez, Maripily Roel, Diana Reséndiz, Rodrigo Ortega.
- Constructor: Ing. César Cervantes López
- Iluminación: Construlita
- Year finshed: 2013
- Project area: 1216 m2
Tuesday, March 11th, 2014
Article source: atelier d’arquitectura j. a. lopes da costa
The project of this Residential Home consists of 60 bedrooms (of three different types) with areas for management and administrative services, staff facilities, living and activity areas, dining and service areas (kitchen, pantry, laundry and backing facilities), Health and Hydrotherapy areas and, finally, technical areas, storage rooms and garage.
Image Courtesy © Manuel Aguiar
- Architects: atelier d’arquitectura j. a. lopes da costa
- Project: Elderly Residential Building TORRE SENIOR
- Location: Santo Tirso, Portugal
- Photography: Manuel Aguiar
- Collaborators: Rita Gonçalves, Filipe Ribeiro
- Technical Specialties: Termoprojecto
- Project Date: 2007-2009
- Construction Date: 2009-2013
Thursday, March 6th, 2014
Article source: LAN Architecture
THE NEW GRAND PALAIS: AN EXAMPLE OF MODERNITY
To our contemporary eyes, the Grand Palais is both an idea and a symbol of modernity. It is a hybrid building in terms of its architecture, its usage and its history. Neither a museum nor a simple monument, its architecture has an identity all its own, centered around the notion of a “culture machine,” a spatial means for hosting a vast diversity of events and audiences that exponentially exalts the site’s “universal” and “republican” vocation. The restoration and restructuring of the entire monument affords us the chance to reinforce this aspiration.
Image Courtesy © LAN Architecture
- Architects: LAN Architecture
- Project: Restoration and redesign of the Grand-Palais des Champs-Élysées
- Location: Paris, France
- Competitive dialogue: 2013-2014
- Client: Réunion des Monuments Nationaux – Grand-Palais
- Budget: € 130 M. excl. VAT
- Surface: 70 623 m²
- Team: LAN (mandatory architect), Franck Boutté Consultants (sustainable design), Terrell (structure, façades, fluids), Michel Forgue (Quantitysurveyor), Systematica (flux), Lamoureux (acoustic), Casso (Fire protection and accessibilityengineers), CICAD (SCMC), BASE (landscaper), Mathieu Lehanneur (design).
Tuesday, March 4th, 2014
Article source: Söhne & Partner Architects
The competition entry with our local partners in Addis Ababa, BET architects, was rewarded with formal approval.
Conceptually speaking – with structural metaphoric relationship – the Insurance Company embracing life and property of its customers is depicted as embracing nature by placing the tower and the podium in a natural landscape.
Image Courtesy © Söhne & Partner Architects
Thursday, February 27th, 2014
Article source: AA Studio
250 Bowery is a recently completed 40,000 sq/ft new condominium building located on the east side of the Bowery, between Houston and prince Street.
The Bowery is the street that separates NoLiTa (North of Little Italy) from the Lower East Side.
From the Civil war time until a few years ago, The Bowery was still considered the street of the homeless, the prostitutes and the drug addicts and was known for the flophouses.
Image Courtesy © AA Studio
- Architects: AA STUDIO (Aldo Andreoli) and MA ARCHITECTS (Morris Adjmi)
- Project: 250 Bowery
- Location: New York City, USA
Sunday, February 23rd, 2014
Article source: basalt Architecture
Located on a plot of land between two high-rise buildings, the conservatory stands at the interface of architectural scripts linked to the city’s building heritage. On the edge of the 17th arrondissement to the south Haussmann-style buildings look across at social housing of a more recent period. So the conservatory is located at a strategic point due to its theme, i.e. the 17th arrondissement’s history is closely linked with French music, and building this new edifice has to be worthy of this past.
Image Courtesy © sergio grazia
- Architects: basalt Architecture
- Project: Music Conservatory
- Location: Paris’, France
- Photography: sergio grazia
- General contractors: LAINE DELAU
- Structural Engineering: STEBAT
- Earthworks: SLOMAREP
- Foundations: Grimaud Fondations
- Concrete Pouring: ISD
- Electrical Consultant: MAINTELEC
- Air Conditioning, Heating, Plumbing, Smoke Ejection: RCE
- Exterior metal-work: LOPES ET CALDAS
Saturday, February 1st, 2014
Article source: juri troy architects
Not far from the Viennese boarder – in between the Wien River and the Wiener Street as well as in close proximity to Josef Hoffmann’s well-known sanatorium dating from 1905 – lies the Wienerwald surgery. The three-story high solid building accommodates three apartments in the top floor, which are illuminated by means of cut in terraces.
Image Courtesy © juri troy architects
- Architects: juri troy architects
- Project: Ordination Vienna Woods
- Location: Wienerwald, Purkersdorf
- Start of planning: June 2011
- Start of construction: December 2012
- Completion: September 2013