Archive for the ‘Building’ Category
Friday, March 13th, 2015
Article source: Atelier – Nuno Ribeiro
This architectural project is related with recovery and physical and functional rehabilitation of a building located in the Alley of the hole, 24, classified as a World Heritage area, the same reborn next door to the Douro River and the streets and squares that this characterization zone with typical and unique architecture.
Image Courtesy © Atelier – Nuno Ribeiro
Friday, March 13th, 2015
Article source: ateliermob – Arquitectura
With the same area and volume of the previous building, the new Canoeing Center is also located at the river beach of Alvega. Its proximity to the Tagus river, in a regularly flooded area during the winter, determined its position, raised above ground level – increasing the ground permeability –, and the coating of its walls, with a solution of black recycled plastic profiles, able to resist the impact of objects that might be dragged by the river, being permeable to the water flow simultaneously.
Image Courtesy © Francisco Nogueira
- Architects: ateliermob – Arquitectura, Design e Urbanismo, lda
- Project: Alvega Canoeing Center
- Location: Alvega, Abrantes, Portugal
- Photography: Francisco Nogueira
- Software used: ProgeCAD
- Design team: Andreia Salavessa, Tiago Mota Saraiva, Vera João, Ana Luísa Cunha, Rita Aguiar Rodrigues, Carine Pimenta, João Afonso Almeida, Mariana Simões, João Torres, Sophia Walk
- Client: Câmara Municipal de Abrantes
- Structure: Betar – José Pedro Venâncio, Maria do Carmo Vieira
- Area: 320 m2
- Project year: 2010
Thursday, March 12th, 2015
Article source: Hector Ruiz Velázquez
Torres Blancas is an emblematic building by Spanish architect Javier Sáenz deOiza (1918-2000), located in Madrid. This 91 m2 apartment is situated in one of the top floors of the building. It is a result of the subdivision of the original plans by Sáenz de Oiza, who contemplated 400m2 houses. In this space, the intervention of restructuring by architect Héctor Ruiz Velazquez seeks to recover the original organic essence of this building of great architectural quality in the interior of the apartment.
Image Courtesy © PEDRO MARTINEZ
- Architects: Hector Ruiz Velázquez
- Project: Apartment Torres Blancas 2040
- Location: Heart of Mary Street 3 Madrid Spain
- Photography: PEDRO MARTINEZ
- Date of Project: 2013-2014
- Termination Date: 2013-2014
- Lead time (months): Five Months
- Quote from work (Euros): 80,000 euros
- Actuating surface (m2): 91 m2
Wednesday, March 11th, 2015
Article source: FERNANDO SUAREZ CORCHETE
Our building is located in a plot at the entrance of the town, bordering the landscape of the mountains in the north of the province of Seville and a great visual presence from all areas due to the elevated streets that climb the hill in the southwest area. In this terrain, with a topographic ascension to the north, were gardens with plenty of plants and trees. The proposed organization meets these topographic conditions, the characteristic landscape of the surrounding mountains, the need to maintain the image of the gardens, and the best east-west orientation to the longitudinal axis of the main pool.
Image Courtesy © Fernando Alda
- Architects: FERNANDO SUAREZ CORCHETE
- Project: Municipal Indoor Pool in Constantina (Seville, Spain)
- Location: Avenida de Andalucía, 41450 Constantina, Sevilla, Spain
- Photography: Fernando Alda
- Architects Team: Fernando Suárez Corchete, Lorenzo Muro Álvarez
- Technical Architects: Víctor Baztán Cascales, Antonio García González, Pilar Correa Sánchez
- Collaborators: María Pilar Casado Villa, Marica Vazzana
- Consultants: José María Mateos Eguía (MEP), Ricardo Díaz Garrido (Structural engineering)
- Client: Secretaría General para el Deporte, Junta de Andalucía (Regional Government)
- Construction: ETOSA Obras y Servicios Building, S.L.U.
- End of construction: 2014
- Construction budget: 1.593.740,94 euros (Cost per m2: 727,40 euros/m2)
- Project Area: 2.191,01 m2
Tuesday, March 10th, 2015
Article source: BIAGIONI/PECORARI Arquitectos
Between the houses and shops of services and catering that founded the Candioti neighborhood, multi housing buildings, bars, restaurants and clothing stores are multiplying, in a transformation of vitality and diversity.
Image Courtesy © Ramiro Sosa
- Architects: BIAGIONI/PECORARI Arquitectos
- Project: Edificio en calle Candioti
- Location: Santa Fe, Argentina
- Photography: Ramiro Sosa
- Type: Collective housing.
- Project and Construction Management: Architect Gabriel Biagioni, Sergio Pecorari Arq..
- Contributors: Arq Ma Virginia Aranda, architect Claudio Tomatis….
- Structural Calculation: Ing. Rudy Grether, Ing Fernanda Carrasco.
- Indoor Area: 972 m2
Tuesday, March 10th, 2015
Article source: studio_GAON
This building is named ‘Suo-jae(守吾齋)’, which means ‘the house to uphold myself’. The Name ‘Suo-jae’ belongs to a house of Yak-hyunJeong – whose brother was Dasan Yak-yongJeong, one of the greatest scholars in late Choseon dynasty- as well as the title of a prose which was written by the scholar. The prose was written when the scholar visited his brother’s house and introspect about his life upon hearing the name. The poem is a masterpiece, making us take a look at ourselves; about the balance between confidence and prudence, and how hard it is to keep uphold ourselves
Image Courtesy © Youngchae Park
- Architects: studio_GAON (Hyoungnam Lim, Eunjoo Roh)
- Project: Suo-jae: The House to Uphold Myself
- Location: Donggyo Dong 164-11, MapoGu, Seoul, South Korea
- Photography: Youngchae Park
- Translation: Joowon Moon
- Project Team: Sungpil Lee, Minjung Choi, Sangwoo Yi, Seongwon Won, Hanmoe Lee, Joowon Moon
- Building scope: 4f, (1~3f: 49.5㎡, 4f:15.4㎡)
- Building history: first built in 1992, renovated in 2014.
- Structure: before – masonry structure, after – steel frame structure
- Construction: Starsis
- Design Period: 2013.9-2014.5
- Construction Period: 2013.10-2014.8
Sunday, March 8th, 2015
Article source: CLAUDIO WALTER Arquitectos Asociados
The Lehmann boulevard is named after the founder of the colony Rafaela. It is one of the two foundational axes that intersect each other orthogonally and form the main square of the city that is surrounded by old and leafy tipas (TipuanaTipu). The urban space is ample with low-rise buildings and a landscape with a predominance of jacarandás (Jacaranda Mimoosifolia) and lapachosrosados (Handroanthusimpetiginosus).
Image Courtesy © Ramiro Sosa
- Architects: CLAUDIO WALTER Arquitectos Asociados
- Project: BL783
- Location: Rafaela, Santa Fe, Argentina
- Photography: Ramiro Sosa
- Team: Arq. Claudio Walter, Arq. Ana Piuzzi, M.M.O. Leandro Schmithalter, Paola Lambrecht
- Area: 852 m²
- Year of construction: 2013-2014
Thursday, March 5th, 2015
Article source: MANUELLE GAUTRAND ARCHITECTURE
A BUILDING WITH A PRECIOUS HISTORY
Firstly named “National Drama Center of the Nord Pas de Calais” then “Theater of the Northern Countries” and finally renamed “La Comédie De Bethune” by Agathe Alexis and Alain Barsacq who managed it from 1992, this theater distinguishes itself by its location in the heart of a territory marked by the crisis.
Image Courtesy © Philippe Ruaul
- Architects: MANUELLE GAUTRAND ARCHITECTURE
- Project: The Extension-Renovation of The Comedie De Bethune–National Drama Center
- Location: BETHUNE, FRANCE
- Photography: Philippe Ruaul, Luc Boegly
- ENGINEERS & CONSULTANTS:
- Stage design: BATI-SCENE
- Structural engineering: KHEPHREN
- Acoustics: Jean-Paul LAMOUREUX
- Fluids engineering & economy: HEXA INGENIERIE
- Scheduling and coordination: HD PROJECT
- MAIN FIRMS:
- Shell : RAMERY
- Façades : DITER
- Partitions – ceilings : C4M
- Woodwork : BARA MENUISERIE
- Painting-wall coatings : VANDENDRIESSCHE
- HVAC and plumbing : BONNEL
- Electricity – Networks : EIFFAGE ENERGIE
- Stage equipment: CAIRE-MANGANELLI
- Surface: 2.0820 sqm in total, including extension of 720 sqm , Extension & restructuring cost: about 3,6 million Euros
including all taxes Theater of 350 places, with grid, 15-meter high and 14-meter large scene frame, 15,50-meter large and 13,50-meter deep theater floor with trap room, grid and fake grid. Rehearsal space with grid.
- DATES: Initial building : competition: 1994, delivered in 1999., Extension-restructuring: competition : 2009, Studies:
2010-2013, Construction: 2013-2014, Opening of the new theater with its rehearsal space : September 2014.
Friday, February 20th, 2015
Article source: Divercity
An icon of Greek post-war modern architecture, the Doxiadis building, having decayed during the last 20 years, finally came back to life through its conversion into a residential building. This conversion raises crucial questions about the notions of memory, preservation, integration into natural and built environments and innovation inspired by the potential of existing spaces.
Image Courtesy © Nikos Daniilidis
- Architects: Divercity
- Project: Conversion of Doxiadis Office Building-ATI to Apartment Building
- Location: Athens, Greece
- Photography: Fernando Guerra, Nikos Daniilidis
- Developer: Cyclamino S.A.
- Project Architect: Nikolas Travasaros, Christina Achtypi
- Team: Nikolas Travasaros, Christina Achtypi, Dimitris Travasaros, Demetra Karabelia, Dimosthenis Lappas, Angelina Manitsa, Marios Triantafyllou
- Collaborating Architects: Trac / Takis Travasaros, Apostolia Kokkini, Sandy Papastavropoulou (Developed Design & Technical Design), J&P-AVAX / Michalis Tsimillis (Technical Design)
- Structural Engineer: E.T.E.S.M.E
- ServicesΕngineer: EL.T.E.ME
- Lighting Design: Diathlasis & L4A
- Landscape Architect: Elandscape
- Accoustic Design Consultant: Timagenis Consultants-Architects
- Contractor: J&P-AVAX
Friday, February 13th, 2015
Article source: O’Neill Architecture
For this building project on the Aran Islands, Co. Galway, we developed the designs from the simplicity of the landscape; working with the given contours, solar orientation and making reference to traditional design. The living area located on the upper level allows spectacular views of the Cliffs of Moher. It is connected to a terrace which is so orientated as to create a sun-trap and catch the sun from late morning until the last of the evening sun rays are obscured by the above lying escarpment. The views from the road are shielded by part of the house, creating the private and sheltered outdoor space. Fortunately the escarpment acts as a wind break for the prevailing westerly winds ensuring great use of this outdoor terrace in most weather conditions.
Image Courtesy © Philip Lauterbach
- Architects: O’Neill Architecture
- Project: Island Dwelling
- Location: Formna, Inisheer, Arran Islands, Co. Galway, Ireland
- Photography: Philip Lauterbach
- Architect in Charge: Patti O’Neill
- Area: Main house 104sqm + Studio 30sqm, Site 0.2 hectares
- Year: 2013