Archive for the ‘Building’ Category
Tuesday, March 4th, 2014
Article source: Söhne & Partner Architects
The competition entry with our local partners in Addis Ababa, BET architects, was rewarded with formal approval.
Conceptually speaking – with structural metaphoric relationship – the Insurance Company embracing life and property of its customers is depicted as embracing nature by placing the tower and the podium in a natural landscape.
Image Courtesy © Söhne & Partner Architects
Thursday, February 27th, 2014
Article source: AA Studio
250 Bowery is a recently completed 40,000 sq/ft new condominium building located on the east side of the Bowery, between Houston and prince Street.
The Bowery is the street that separates NoLiTa (North of Little Italy) from the Lower East Side.
From the Civil war time until a few years ago, The Bowery was still considered the street of the homeless, the prostitutes and the drug addicts and was known for the flophouses.
Image Courtesy © AA Studio
- Architects: AA STUDIO (Aldo Andreoli) and MA ARCHITECTS (Morris Adjmi)
- Project: 250 Bowery
- Location: New York City, USA
Sunday, February 23rd, 2014
Article source: basalt Architecture
Located on a plot of land between two high-rise buildings, the conservatory stands at the interface of architectural scripts linked to the city’s building heritage. On the edge of the 17th arrondissement to the south Haussmann-style buildings look across at social housing of a more recent period. So the conservatory is located at a strategic point due to its theme, i.e. the 17th arrondissement’s history is closely linked with French music, and building this new edifice has to be worthy of this past.
Image Courtesy © sergio grazia
- Architects: basalt Architecture
- Project: Music Conservatory
- Location: Paris’, France
- Photography: sergio grazia
- General contractors: LAINE DELAU
- Structural Engineering: STEBAT
- Earthworks: SLOMAREP
- Foundations: Grimaud Fondations
- Concrete Pouring: ISD
- Electrical Consultant: MAINTELEC
- Air Conditioning, Heating, Plumbing, Smoke Ejection: RCE
- Exterior metal-work: LOPES ET CALDAS
Saturday, February 1st, 2014
Article source: juri troy architects
Not far from the Viennese boarder – in between the Wien River and the Wiener Street as well as in close proximity to Josef Hoffmann’s well-known sanatorium dating from 1905 – lies the Wienerwald surgery. The three-story high solid building accommodates three apartments in the top floor, which are illuminated by means of cut in terraces.
Image Courtesy © juri troy architects
- Architects: juri troy architects
- Project: Ordination Vienna Woods
- Location: Wienerwald, Purkersdorf
- Start of planning: June 2011
- Start of construction: December 2012
- Completion: September 2013
Thursday, January 30th, 2014
Article source: JHK Architecten
BioPartner Accelerator & Incubator are two buildings that were developed within a Design & Build construction for BioPartner Center Leiden by Dura Vermeer Bouw in partnership with JHK Architecten.
Together the buildings provide 11,500 m² of office and laboratory space for starting or restarting entrepreneurs in the bio-technology industry. Flexible work areas have been realized that offer space and opportunities to companies involved in research into medicines and vaccines. BioPartner Center Leiden Nederland is the largest centre for starters in the life sciences in the Netherlands.
Image Courtesy © Arthur Meerloo
- Architects: JHK Architecten
- Project: BioPartner
- Location: Leiden, Netherlands
- Photography: Palladium Photodesign, Arthur Meerloo
- Software used: Autocad and Revit.
- Client Design and Build: Dura Vermeer Bouw Leidschendam
- User: BioPartner Center Leiden
- Project start: 2009
- Completion: 2012
- Accelerator: ca 6,500 m²
- Incubator: ca 5,000 m²
- Contractor: Dura Vermeer Bouw Leidschendam
- Structural engineer: Adviesbureau Kaskon
- Building services adviser W: Wolter en Dros
- Building services adviser E: Croon TBI
- Building physics adviser: Bureau Nieman
Tuesday, January 28th, 2014
Article source: SEFAR® Architecture
The Würth Administration Building, on the shores of Lake Constance in Rorschach, Switzerland, features a SEFAR® Architecture Vision fabric interlayer that complements the beauty of the surrounding landscape. Its double skin of glass creates a distinctive aesthetic that alternately reflects and transmits natural light, offering an appealing building exterior and a truly unique workspace for employees.
Image Courtesy © SEFAR® Architecture
- Fabric Manufacturer: SEFAR® Architecture
- Project: Wurth Administration Building
- Location: Rorschach, Switzerland
Saturday, January 18th, 2014
Article source: Espegel – Fisac Arquitectos
The program specified by the owner-developer, was the construction of a block of flats with basement, garage, storage rooms and facilities rooms. We propose a very compact volume of 18 dwellings with a standard program: 12 three-bedroom dwellings and 6 four–bedrooms dwellings, with the aim of achieving the maximum efficiency in the use of the floor area.
Image Courtesy © Angel Baltanás
- Architects: Espegel – Fisac Arquitectos (Carmen Espegel & Concha Fisac)
- Project: Ananda Building
- Location: Fuenlabrada, Madrid
- Photography: Angel Baltanás
- Software used:AUTOCAD.
- Completion time: Febuary 2012
- Designer: Carmen Espegel Alonso, Concha Fisac de Ron
- Client: Zosma, S.A.
- Total Area: 7.286,40 sqm
- Consultants: Ana Espegel Alon, Mecanismo
Saturday, December 21st, 2013
Article source: SuperLimão Studio
Located in a building on the corner of the street, the store should house the contemporaneity of the collection and the brand´s new language. It has acted in the market for over 60 years and in this new undertaking, it searches for a new esthetic language printed on its products and also in the architecture.
Image Courtesy © Maira Acayaba
Thursday, December 19th, 2013
Article source: C.F. MØlLLER Architects
The multi-storey housing complex, designed for Stockholm’s new Hagastaden quarter, is intended to be a landmark in the new quarter, as well as an attractive destination for Stockholm’s residents. Together with four other planned buildings, the multi-storey complex will be part of Norrtull, an attractive new public area of the city.
Image Courtesy © C.F. MØlLLER Architects
- Architects: C.F. MØlLLER Architects
- Project: Vertical Urban Quarter
- Location: Stockholm, Sweden
- Size: 18550 m²
- Client: HSB Stockholm
- Competition year: 2013
- Prizes: 1st Prize in competition
- Collaborators: Tyréns, Transsolar, AKT II, DeBrand
Wednesday, December 11th, 2013
Article source: Alessandro Luigini
The building is in an upgrading area by replacing unqualified and obsolete construction. The size of the project, however, and its location on a side street than the major artery of Viale G. Bovio, urban section of the SS16 Adriatica, confer to this building a exclusively architectonic role, with no possibility of influencing the city around, if not its presence qualifying.
Image Courtesy © Sergio Camplone
- Architects: Alessandro Luigini
- Project: Residential building “Brancacci”
- Location: Pescara, Italy
- Photography: Sergio Camplone, Alessandro Luigini
- Contributors: Arch Luigi Valentino Losciale (digital model), Arch Fabrizio Susi, Dr. Nicola D’Alessandro
- Structural design: Mr. Marco Pasqualini
- Plant project: Mr. Pierluigi Fecondo
- Lighting design: Arch Alexander Luigini with L & D – Lights & Design
- Buyer: Lattanzio Construction Ltd.
- Companies achievers: Lattanzio Construction Ltd., Di Felice, Construction Ltd.
- Chronology: 2006 draft, construction 2009-2011
- Surfaces: Residential 400 sq m – 560 sq m total
- Realization costs: € 800,000
- Site: Via Masaccio 15, Pescara (Italy)