Archive for the ‘Building’ Category
Tuesday, September 24th, 2013
Article source: Bastiaan Jongerius Architecten
The reason for the transformation of Kralenbeek, Kempering, Klieverink, Kouwenoord at The Karspeldreef in Amsterdam Zuid – Oost is the renewal of K – neighborhood. The lane has been reduced, the public area was redesigned and a comprehensive program is realized. The residential towers are standing proud to the karspeldreef and by the height of each tower of 20 floors; they are a marker in the plan of the Bijlmer.
Image Courtesy © Bastiaan Jongerius Architecten
Saturday, September 21st, 2013
Article source: schmidt hammer lassen architects
URBAN MOUNTAIN has won the Nordic Built Challenge in Norway. The winning proposal for the refurbishment and extension of a 50,000-square-metre high-rise office building in central Oslo introduces completely new and innovative ways of reducing energy consumption and the building’s CO2 footprint. The project employs Cradle to Cradle principles and targets a BREEAM Outstanding certification. The multidisciplinary team behind the project consists of schmidt hammer lassen architects, LOOP Architects, COWI Denmark and Norway, Transsolar Energitechnik and Vugge til Vugge Denmark.
Image Courtesy © schmidt hammer lassen architects
- Architects: schmidt hammer lassen architects
- Project: URBAN MOUNTAIN team wins Nordic Built Challenge
- Location: Oslo, Norway
- Client: Entra Eiendom AS
- Design team: schmidt hammer lassen architects, LOOP Architects, COWI Denmark, COWI Norway, Transsolar Energitechnik GmbH, Vugge til Vugge Denmark
- Existing: 50,875 m2
- Extension: 28,375 m2
- Competition: 2013, 1st prize in open international competition
Facts about the Nordic Built Challenge:
- 5 buildings – one in each Nordic country
- 171 proposals in total
- 20 finalists (4/building/country)
- 5 national winners
- 1 Nordic winner
Thursday, September 19th, 2013
Article source: Martin Lejarraga Architect
The commission of the Mortuary project starts with the location and management of a plot to raise the building. The property, an insurances company of local and regional scope, wanted to strengthen its customer base with this kind of facility in the area in which it concentrates his operations: the North of Cartagena, between the towns of ‘La Palma’ and ‘Pozo Estrecho’, in the surroundings of the Field of Cartagena and the ‘Mar Menor’ sea.
Image Courtesy © David Frutos
- Architects: Martin Lejarraga Architect
- Project: Mortuary in the field
- Location: Cartagena, Spain
- Photography: David Frutos
- Situation: ‘La Palma’ Industrial Park. 30593 Cartagena
- Client: Servicios Funerarios del Campo de Cartagena, S.L.
- Project: 2007 – 2012
- Built: 2013
- Builder: Sanimar S.L.
- Technical Architect: Manuel Moreno
- Structure: Idee. Eduardo Díez
- Consultant: José Aº Martínez
- Const. Manager: Marco Carselle
- Plot Area: 1.844,00 m2
- Built Area: 1.047,40 m2
Wednesday, September 18th, 2013
Article source: Arkitema Architects
Between the highways leading to Esbjerg and Esbjerg Airport, the house of the Danish trade-union, Det Faglige Hus, will rise as a dynamic domicile. It will look like a parked jet.
Image Courtesy © Thomas Mølvig
- Architects: Arkitema Architects
- Project: Trade-union, Det Faglige Hus
- Location: Esbjerg, Denmark
- Photography: Thomas Mølvig
- Software used: AutoCAD and Revit
Wednesday, September 18th, 2013
Article source: cCe arquitectos
Our design proposal for the project ´Cardenal Belarmino Office Building´ is based on external factors such as weather, prevailing winds, sunlight, connecting roads, flows and internal movements of people, site location and orientation, existing infrastructure, green space and public areas. At the same time, it considers internal aspects such as occupation strategy and efficiency, building systems, spatial quality related to views, floor to ceiling height, common and public spaces inside and outside the building.
Image Courtesy © cCe arquitectos
- Architects: cCe arquitectos
- Project: Cardenal Belarmino Office Building
- Net internal area: 5.722 m2
- Basements area: 6.364 m2
- Total built area: 12.086 m2
- Architecture Colaborators: OanaGhinea, CamilaTolorza, Andres Remenik
- Year: 2012
Tuesday, September 17th, 2013
Article source: V2S ARCHITECTES
The federation of municipalities of the county of Najacis rapidly expanding. Its new needs in terms of infrastructures required the expansion of its waste treatment centre.
To meet their needs, we have developed a project composed of two different parts. The first one aims at expanding and upgrading the waste treatment centre with the creation of a one-way, the installation of anti-fall devices and the materialization of the pedestrian zone.
Image Courtesy © V2S ARCHITECTES
- Architects: V2S ARCHITECTES
- Project: TECHNICAL BUILDING
- Location: LA FOUILLADE, France
- MO :Federation of municipalities of the county of Najac.
- Delivery: July 2013
- Surface : 250 m2
- Cost of the work: 230 000 €
Sunday, September 15th, 2013
Article source: Somdoon Architects Ltd
Via 31 is a housing project that takes place in Sukhumvit, the most prime residential area of Bangkok. The site is located within a quiet lane surrounded by low-rise residential buildings and away from the bustling main road. The building is intended to cosy like a birds nest; introvert in design, where residents can live privately and peacefully. The building has 8 floors with a basement and consists of 88 units ranging from a single bedroom unit (47 sq.m.) to a three bedroom unit (145 sq.m.)
Image Courtesy © Somdoon Architects Ltd
Saturday, September 7th, 2013
Article source: ACXT
The new building plays a key role inside Helios sports and leisure centre, working as an extension to the dressing rooms facilities and connecting an existing sports building.
The main functional ideas are:
Solve the connection between dressing room facilities and the sports centre, making it more natural through the new building. Create an integrated new façade of the group of buildings to the south, east and west, and a service yard to the west, needed for the functioning of the three of them.
Image Courtesy © Iñaki Bergera
- Architects: ACXT
- Project: General Services Building in Helios Swimming Centre
- Location: Zaragoza
- Photography: Iñaki Bergera
- Project Architects: Antonio Lorén, Eduardo Aragüés, Olatz Maestre
- Project Team: Cristina Salavera, Jorge Guillén, Jesús Gil, Enrique Sahun, Jesús M. Sau, Marta Gaspar
- Client: Centro de Natación Helios
- Area: 2.294 m2
- Year: 2012
- Air Conditioning: Jorge Guillén
- Lighting: Marta Gaspar
- Public Health Services: Jorge Guillén
- Electrical Engineering: Marta Gaspar
- Fire Strategy: Jesús Sau
- Construction Management: Antonio Lorén, Eduardo Aragüés, Olatz Maestre
Thursday, September 5th, 2013
Article source: Burton Hamfelt Architectuur Stedebouw Prototypes
In the coming years the centre of Almere Buiten, a small satellite city just west of Almere Centre in Flevoland, the Netherlands is being upgraded to function as a renewed commercial core serving 50,000 inhabitants. The basis of this renewal is to regenerate the existing post war commercial centre as a coherent whole through a series of large scale multi-functional blocks and renewed public spaces.These blocks define clear zones for public space while at the same time upgrade the centre with higher quality shops, more parking facilities and more dwellings.
Image Courtesy © Jan Bitter
- Architects: Burton Hamfelt Architectuur Stedebouw Prototypes
- Project: Block 13 + 14
- Location: Almere Buiten, Netherlands
- Photography: Jan Bitter (Berlin, D)
- Design: 2006
- Completion: 2010
- Site: 1.6 ha
- Program: ca 30.000 m2 where in: 6,500 m2 commercial space, 53 dwellings, 660 parking places
- Client: Multi Vastgoed BV, Gouda
- Associate architects: BD Architectuur, Arnhem
- Urban concept: T+T Design, Gouda
- Engineers: Steens BV, Zoetemeer
- Service engineers: DGMR, Arnhem
- Building Costs: Euro 24,200,000
Thursday, September 5th, 2013
Article source: MVRDV
Just before a Korean pop-song became a global success on YouTube for the first time in history, and Gangnam became world famous as the nouveau riche hangout of the South-Korean capital Seoul, MVRDV was commissioned by Woon Nam Management Ltd. to redefine a building on Gangnams chic Apgujung Road. Even though the Chungha building was completed in the 1980’s it was already outdated in a street dominated by flagship stores. The transformation, which added an extra level, was completed in just 9 months.
Image Courtesy © Kyungsub Shin
- Architects: MVRDV
- Project: CHUNGHA BUILDING
- Location: Seoul, South Korea
- Photography: Kyungsub Shin
- Client: Woon Nam Management Co. Ltd. Seoul, KR.,Transformation of 2820m2.
- Program: Shops, offices, café.
- Budget: undisclosed.
- Co-Architect: InC Design Group : Chang rock Kim, Jaehoon Lee, Boram Lee, Anna Lee, Jinju Dong, Eun ae Choi
- Contractor: Ain Construction
- Structure: 1’st Structure, Seoul, KR.
- Lighting: Total LED.
- Tiles: M&S Ceramic.