Archive for the ‘Building’ Category
Sunday, July 1st, 2012
Article source: General Architecture
Local power production company, Skelleftea Kraft have a new headquarters building adjacent to their existing office building in the northern town of Skelleftea.
The strong structure and the articulated tectonic of the new building is based on an overall 3D order and relates to a classical rational tradition. The aim has been to create a building that enables its users to appropriate it and at the same time strengthen the common identity.
Image Courtesy Åke E:son Lindmans
- Architects: General Architecture
- Project: Skellefteå Kraft
- Location: Kanalgatan 71 , Skellefteå, Sweden
- Function: Office building
- Project start: 2006
- Completion: 2009
- Floor area/size: 9500 m2
- Photography: MIKAEL OLSSON, ÅKE E:SON LINDMAN
- Software used: AutoCAD
Wednesday, June 27th, 2012
Article source: Agence ECDM
The project takes place into a heterogeneous district made of buildings of any sizes, of any styles, any periods. It’s an environment slightly old-fashioned, hybrid and disintegrated, typical of the heterogeneous architecture which characterizes the Parisian peri-urban zones. Modernity came to complete this disorder : Adjacent to the site, an out of size construction, built in derogation of the property limits (adding a supplementary urban intention parameter), forbids any common denominator, any possibility of creating a homogeneous composition. The day-nursery is thus an attempt, for a tiny building of public utility, to exist in an unfavorable relationship in the shade of a twelve story construction which takes light, overhangs and crushes everything.
Image Courtesy Luc Boegly
- Architects: Emmanuel Combarel Dominique Marrec architectes (ECDM)
- Project: Cräche rue Pierre Budin
- Location: 15 Rue Pierre Budin, Paris, France
- Program : Day Nursery for 66 children and 1 service apartment
- Client: Ville de Paris
- Engineering : C&E ingenierie, Cotracoop (mandataire du groupement d’entreprises), Bonna Sabla et Il Cantiere, Lafranque
- Site area : 875 m² SHON / 1937 m² SHOB
- Cost : 3.1 M€ HT
- Finished : 2012
- Photographers : Luc Boegly, Benoît Fougeirol
Tuesday, June 26th, 2012
Article source: Josep Lluís Mateo
On various occasions, we were asked to intervene in the most public areas of a lovely building dating from the 1950s (the work of the architect FrancescMitjans).
The entrance hall had been disfigured by a series of interventions that had rendered it complex and disjointed; we set out to clarify its function and its urban role.
Image Courtesy Adrià Goula
- Architects: Josep Lluís Mateo
- Project: Remodelling of Banc Sabadell
- Location: Barcelona, Spain
- Press Contact: Soraya Barbero
Saturday, June 23rd, 2012
Article source: Adamo-Faiden Architects
The building is situated in Núñez, a neighborhood whose development brings a balanced densification to the city of Buenos Aires. Its perifheral condition and efficient connectivity with the rest of the city turns it today into a desirable alternative for residential and tertiary programmes.
Thursday, June 21st, 2012
Article source: Dietmar Feichtinger Architectes
The building is part of a recently developed area in the North of Paris (19th district). The main façade – south – faces an urban boulevard – Boulevard Mac Donald. The new tram way under construction will serve the area in a few months. Next to the housing, a school group, offices and facilities have been built.
The main volume of the housing is 10 stories high and measures 45 x 32 m. A small patio lights up naturally the center. Shops situated on the ground floor and offices on the 1st floor complete the building. All apartments are double oriented and a generously outdoor space – balcony, roof, terrace or loggia – are provided for each apartment. The outdoor spaces enlarge naturally the living rooms and dining area. The loggias are about 10 m2; their dimension allows the comfortable placement of a table.
Image Courtesy David Boureau
- Architects: Dietmar Feichtinger Architectes
- Project: Zac Claude Bernard
- Location: Boulevard Mac Donald 75019 Paris, France
- Client: BNP Paribas Immobilier Résidentiel IDF
- Team Competition: Claire Bodenez, Projet leader
- Team plan: Justyna Swat, Marcus Himmel, Katja Pargger, Florian Vadjoux, Anna Zottl, Mathias Neveling, Arne Speiser, Hugo Enlart
- Site supervision: Marcus Himmel
- Engineers: Griveau Ingénierie, BET structure
Thursday, June 21st, 2012
Article source: ARCHI5
The project’s design and planning focus on a thorough understanding of the local context. The building responds to existing scales. Its location and architecture dentote the space´s public nature and inject new life into the site. By taking surrounding public spaces into consideration when designing the project ,we reinforced the notion that this building is a public facility, a landmark within the surrounding disorder.
Image Courtesy Thomas Jorion
- Architects: ARCHI5
- Project: ANTONY
- Location: Paris, France
- Photography: Thomas Jorion
- Software used: Autocad for all the plans. For 3D, Rhino and 3DS and Photoshop for all the renderings.
Thursday, June 21st, 2012
Article source: Espegel Fisac Arquitectos
The building is organized in two pieces, shaping an L that defines the access square opened to Plana Avenue, being the natural way to the roads that are approaching from the urban center. The access from the square is common to the official buildings and housing, setting up one only entry point. The square is paved and gardened with palm trees.
Image Courtesy David Frutos
- Architects: Espegel Fisac Arquitectos
- Project: Casa Cuartel
- Location: Oropesa Del Mar, Spain
- Project Architects: Carmen Espegel Alonso & Concha Fisac de Ron
- Project Team: Cristina Hernández Vicario, Laia Lafuente García-Valdecasas, Syra Abella Bule, Daniel Merro Jonhston, Federico Colella
- Project Area: 4,146.29 sqm
- Project Year: 2009-2011
- Photographs: David Frutos
Wednesday, June 13th, 2012
Article source: OSPA
Since its inauguration, Brasília is present in the imagination of all of the modern architects. Besides all of the inherent symbolism, designing in Brasília presupposes a contextualization with its monumental scale. The architecture that makes Brasília unique, sometimes also makes it distant from the human being and its needs.
Confederação Nacional de Municípios
- Architects: OSPA
- Project: Confederação Nacional de Município
- Location: Brazil
- Software used: Autodesk AutoCAD, Autodesk 3ds max, Adobe Photoshop.
Sunday, June 10th, 2012
Article source: HVDN/Studioninedots
At a unique location in Amsterdam, between the old town and the IJ-lake and next to Central Station, The Oosterdokseiland (ODE) is situated. Here, more than 200,000 square feet of modern architecture with a special mix of functions will be realized: housing, offices, a hotel, a library, a conservatorium, shops, bars and restaurants. For this dynamic place HVDN/Studioninedots designed a residential building with restaurants and a department store in the plinth. The building was recently completed and is characterised by a ‘chasm’, the specific shape of the apartments and the luxurious finish.
Image Courtesy Peter Cuypers
- Architects: HVDN / Studioninedots
- Project: Residential Building ODE ready for use
- Location: Oosterdokskade, Amstedam, The Netherlands
- Client: Bouwfonds MAB Den Haag
- Type: 28 apartments and mixed-use development
- Plot: 540 m
- FSI: 11
- Building costs: apartments € 7.400.000,- / total € 9.400.000,-
- Design-completion: 2001-2012
- Design team: Albert Herder, Arie v.d Neut
- Project team: Stijn de Jongh
- Engineering: Jean-Marc Saurer
- Sustainebility: Uta Ehrhardt
Friday, June 8th, 2012
Article source: Coll-Barreu Arquitectos
The E8 building is the result of a design competition called with the intention of highlight an ambitious expansion of Alava Technology Park, an institutional commitment to research whose validity and future should be represented by the building. The Park will rent or sell the full building by plants or by modules. The design should incorporate this uncertainty in use, which was taken as a positive requirement. The architecture must allow modify programs and adapt to uses, be transformable, such as the old buildings. Paradoxically, the building then gains in stability, in possibilities: we can say that the building wins time.
Image Courtesy Aleix Bagué
- Architects: Coll-Barreu Arquitectos
- Project: E8 Building
- Location: Vitoria, Spain
- Status: Construido Built
- Client: Parque Tecnológico S.A.
- Architect Team: Coll-Barreu Arquitectos, Juan Coll-Barreu, Daniel Gutiérrez Zarza
- Dates: Agosto 2008 – Enero 2011