Archive for the ‘Building’ Category
Friday, March 16th, 2012
Article source: Studio Bellecour Architects
Galilée is one of the debut projects realized in the UDZ (Urban Development Zone) Andromède, in Blagnac, near Toulouse in France. The particular urban details of this UDZ in Blagnac provided a unique climate for the development of a quality architectural project. The aesthetic of Galilée results from a combination of an interpretation of these urban rules, the immediate aeronautical context, and from the environmental requirements given in the specifications of the UDZ.
Image Courtesy Nicolas BOREL
- Architects: Studio Bellecour Architects
- Project: Galilée
- Location: UDZ Andromède, Blagnac – TOULOUSE, France
- Client: Altarea COGEDIM
- Owner: Crédit Suisse
- Project manager: STUDIO BELLECOUR, SAS d’architecture
- Architect Design: Wilfrid Bellecour
- Team: Vincent Ballion, Julien Franco, Brice Kester, Damien Lamy, Sinda Tobni
- Execution project management: BEFS
Thursday, March 15th, 2012
Article source: Yoram Shilo and Yael Benaroya
Client: The Neopharm Group was established in 1941 and dealt in providing integrated solutions for the medical field – production, marketing and commerce in pharmaceuticals and medical equipment, parallel to a specialization in cleaning soil and water by means of advanced biological technologies.
Architects: Yoram Shilo and Yael Benaroya, established their joint firm in Tel Aviv seven years ago. Both of them are graduates of architecture schools in New York – Benaroya of Cooper Union and Shilo of Columbia.
Image Courtesy Friederike Von Rauch
- Architects: Yoram Shilo and Yael Benaroya
- Project: The Neopharm Office Building
- Location: Petah Tikva, Israel
- Completion date: 2010
- Construction: Niv Handasa
- Construction Engineer: Vera Neustein
- Interior Design: Shilo Benaroya architecture office
Thursday, March 15th, 2012
Article source: Miquel mariné+césar rueda boné
The old marketplace of Alcañiz has not been home to a market for some years, but now it has once again become a part of the town square, an area for socializing, passing time, and education. The enormous space inside the building has been reconnected to its environment via the introduction of a newly built element. Independent of the existing structure, it is an exercise of occupation strategic, respectful and reversible. Its two levels are enclosed within a homogenous and continuous skin.
Image Courtesy José Hevia
- Architects: Miquel mariné + césar rueda boné
- Project: Refurbishment of an old Marketplace
- Location: Plaza del Mercado, Alcaniz, Spain
- Collaborators: Eduard González Mataró y Cristina MoretaBurch, architects
- Photographs: José Hevia
Saturday, March 10th, 2012
Article source: Ædifica
Montreal, March 7, 2012 – On February 6 came the long-anticipated inauguration of the 2-22, the new flagship building of the Quartier des Spectacles designed by Ædifica and Gilles Huot Architectes. Designed to meet LEED-NC environmental standards, this six-storey building promises to become a Montréal cultural landmark, being located at the intersection of St. Catherine St. and St. Laurent Blvd., the nerve centre of the St. Laurent Blvd. revitalization project.
Night View (Images Courtesy Stéphane Brugger)
- Architect: Ædifica
- Name of Project: LE 2-22
- Location: Quartier Des Spectacles, Montréal, Canada
- Photos: Stéphane Brugger
Friday, March 9th, 2012
Article source: Barreca & La Varra
In the north-eastern outskirts of Milan, as part of the restructuring of the former industrial core that houses the RCS Media group, the new office building B5 designed by Barreca & La Varra studio has just been completed. The building is an integral part of a master plan intended for research and intellectual work and contributes to the incredible transformation which the production areas at the edge of the city have undergone over the past few years.
Image Courtesy Paolo Rosselli
- Architects: Barreca & La Varra
- Project: B5 Building
- Location: Milan, Italy
- Client: Iniziativa Immobiliare Due s.r.l. (Prelios S.p.A. – Morgan Stanley – RCS Mediagroup)
- Development management: Prelios S.p.A.
- Schematic design, design development and artistic supervision: Barreca & La Varra (Gianandrea Barreca, Giovanni La Varra)
Tuesday, March 6th, 2012
Article source: Predock Frane Architects
DESIGN INTENT: Working within the context of a for-profit MUR creates a particular set of parameters; programmatic, physical, and client/cost informed. Our solution is two 4-story buildings placed parallel to the street. Between them is a courtyard, reached via a tunnel through the first building, accommodating shared public space and circulation. The simple cubic shape of the buildings allowed for greater project resources to be deployed to the sectional relations within the units. The separation into two buildings allows half of the unit’s access to light on three sides.
Image Courtesy Predock Frane & Elon Schoenholz
- Architects: Predock Frane Architects
- Project: Habitat 15
- Location: Hollywood, California
- Client : Habitat LLC
- Contractor : Architype Construction
- Engineer : SGH
- Landscape: Bentgrass
- Project Completion: SUMMER 2009
- Project Size: 39,000 SF
- Photography: Predock_Frane and Elon Schoenholz
- Software used: AutoCAD and Rhino
Sunday, March 4th, 2012
Article source: Zaha Hadid Architects
More projects by Zaha Hadid
In Nassim Villas, seamless design and cutting-edge technological exploration combine to create a building that emerges naturally from the hilly terrain on which it stands and the lush, tropical vegetation that surrounds it – utilizing overlapping volumes to fuse different program elements within a dramatic structure above the Singapore Botanical Gardens.
- Architects: Zaha Hadid Architects
- Project: Nassim Villas
- Location: Singapore
- Total Site Area: 33,000ft2
- Footprint: 4,000ft2 each
- Floor Area: 10,000ft2 each
- Design: Zaha Hadid with Patrik Schumacher
- Project Leaders: William Tan, Ting-Ting Zhang
- Project Team: Torsten Broeder
- Local Architect: Aedas (Singapore)
- Structural: Web Structures (Singapore), Ace-Tech M&E Engineers (Singapore)
- Cost / QS: TJ Chiam Surveyors Pte Ltd (Singapore)
Wednesday, February 29th, 2012
Article source: Aulík Fišer Architects
The office building E is the very last piece of development completing the northern part of the BB Center complex along Vyskocilova (street) and a ramp to 5.května (street). So, towards the city centre the bldg. E closes the planned “protection shield” against the negative impact of city highway traffic on residential houses planned for the second phase of development. This part of the Prague-Michle district has now been revitalized, reintroducing the urban environment with multiple functions and restoring it the way it was before the highway – 5.května street – completely destroyed it.
Image Courtesy AulikFiserarchitekti, s.r.o.
- Architects: Aulík Fišer Architects
- Project Name: Office Building E
- Location: Prague, Czech Republic
- Project: BB Centrum, Praha 4 – Michle, U Pomniku
- Investor: BBC – building E, a.s
- Developer: Passerinvest Group, a.s.
- Architects Team: AulikFiserarchitekti, s.r.o.-ing. arch. Jan Aulik, ing. arch. Jakub Fiser, ing. arch. TadeasMatousek, ing. arch.VeronikaMüllerova
- Collaborators: Jan Kucera, ing. arch. Adela Stredova, ing. arch. Monika Cizkova, ing. arch. Petr Vacek, ing. Martin Zelenka
- Software used: The building was drawn in Autocad and its statics in Nemetschek
Wednesday, February 29th, 2012
Article source: Menkès Shooner Dagenais LeTourneux Architectes
The Pfizer Canada reconfiguration project makes a very clear statement. The architectural design focuses on promoting the corporate identity of the company located on the Trans-Canada Highway. The strategy is to use the building space in a transparent and expeditious manner through the prominence of glass in the structure in order to open the corporate headquarters to the world. To ensure a corporate image that is solidly embedded in the site, we worked around the idea of blister packs. This important feature of bio-pharmaceutical production is used as the visual key for the completion of the building facade, walls and furnishings.
Front View (Images Courtesy Stéphane Groleau (photos de projet) Laurence Labat (photos d’associés))
- Architect: Menkès Shooner Dagenais LeTourneux Architectes
- Name of Project: Pfizer Canada inc. Siège Social
- Location: Kirkland, Québec, Canada
- Client: Pfizer Canada inc.
- Project manager: Anik Shooner, architecte associée
- Photographer: Stéphane Groleau (photos de projet) Laurence Labat (photos d’associés)
Wednesday, February 29th, 2012
Article source: Malka Architecture
In reality, ecological strategies often generate an over-production of materials, becoming energy-vores and clients of factories, the polluters of the world. The real ecological combat is within the re-appropriation of materials and experimentation’s with ready-made objects, far from the so-called benevolence of subsidized agencies. The student housing on rue Amelot is a project that inserts itself into an urban interstice: the thickness of a blind wall.