Archive for the ‘Building’ Category
Tuesday, September 30th, 2014
Article source: Nissen & Wentzlaff Architects BSA SIA AG
Award „best. architects 11“; „Award 2010 for Marketing + Architecture“: The building is primarily used to present the company’s current products to visitors in a form that not only shows off their appearance but also demonstrates their use. At the same time, the premises are a suitable venue for public events, product presentations and informal gatherings. The two-storey building is designed as a shell, with the central core providing space for storage, the lift and side rooms. Two open, opposed and curved staircases link the ground floor to a gallery with exhibition bays and demonstration bathroom layouts on the upper floor. The atrium at the centre of the building is filled with natural light from small round skylights in the ceiling.
Thursday, September 25th, 2014
Article source: Future Life Idea
In this project we have tried to give maximum visibility to the green area.
Roof Garden is an element visible from the outside of the facade Qsnty also been leaning toward Main Street.
The main material is wood, brick and stone, and all the details are cheap and homemade.
In the yard is a cheap granite that has a slot for a new face.
Image Courtesy © Future Life Idea
- Architects: Future Life Idea(Mohamad Adeli)
- Project: Ramand Kaj
- Location: Tehran, Iran
Wednesday, September 24th, 2014
Article source: MANUELLE GAUTRAND ARCHITECTURE
Located Place de la République, the Galeries Lafayette building has undergone a real transformation, symbol of the city center’s metamorphosis in Metz and realized by architect Manuelle Gautrand.
Image Courtesy © VINCENT FILLON
- Architects: MANUELLE GAUTRAND ARCHITECTURE
- Project: THE NEW FACADES OF THE GALERIES LAFAYETTE DEPARTMENT STORE
- Location: METZ, FRANCE
- Photography: VINCENT FILLON
- CLIENT: CITYNOVE FOR THE GALERIES LAFAYETTE GROU
- STUDIES: 2011 – 2013
- CONSTRUCTION: 2013 – 2014
- DELIVERY: JUNE 2014
- INAUGURATION: SEPTEMBER 2014
- MAIN CONSTRUCTORS:
- VIRY ACML – FAYAT GROUP: STEEL & GLASS
- EIFFAGE ENERGIE: MNE
- FEERICK: LIGHT
Sunday, September 21st, 2014
Article source: Levy Design Partners, Inc
This historically significant 4-story building, constructed of masonry bearing walls and heavy timber, occupies a rectangular 1.5 acre site at 1614 Campbell Street in Oakland, CA. Originally used as an incandescent light factory by General Electric (GE) and designed by the Austin Company, the building construction was completed between 1912 and 1917. The site continued under GE ownership in 1962 when the division closed. The 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake resulted in the destruction of a north bay of the west wing, not to be rebuilt in the rehabilitation project. The structure is noted for being the first industrial building on the West Coast to employ women.
Image Courtesy © Ken Gutmaker
- Architects: Levy Design Partners, Inc
- Project: Lampwork Lofts, Oakland
- Location: Oakland, CA
- Photography: Ken Gutmaker
- Owner: Madison Park Financial Corporation (MPFC)
- Building Contractor: DCI Construction
- Principal Architect: Toby S. Levy, FAIA
Sunday, September 21st, 2014
Article source: mimaristudio
The Ashgabat Administrative Building of Polimeks, a leading company recognized around the world with its projects and construction works since 1995, has an indoor area of 8000 square meters, and was completed in 2013 after a three months design and project stage conducted by the mimaristudio team.
Image Courtesy © Ozan Çakmak (F2:8)
- Architects: mimaristudio(Ayça AKKAYA KUL & Onder KUL)
- Project: Polimeks Ashgabat H.Q. interior design
- Location: Ashgabat, Turkmenistan
- Photographer: Ozan Çakmak (F2:8)
- Owner: Polimeks
- Built area: 8.000 m2
- Project team: Kursad Hazer, Numan Balkas
Sunday, September 21st, 2014
Article source: ABSCIS Architecten
This project consists of three essential parts: a passive multi-functional building, the sustainable city square with awning and underground car park. All components have been realised in a Public-Private Partnership.
Image Courtesy © ABSCIS ARCHITECTEN
- Architects: ABSCIS Architecten
- Project: City square with passive office
- Location: Mortsel, Belgium
Tuesday, September 16th, 2014
Article source: COLL-BARREU ARQUITECTOS
The building accommodates the central Public Safety services for a one million people urban area.
The ground on which the building sits was unstable. It was uncertain. It is the result of having quickly filled an open mine, with pits up to 50 m deep, which formed a cavernous place in its physical reality and its memory.
Image Courtesy © Aleix Bagué & Juan Rodríguez
- Architects: COLL-BARREU ARQUITECTOS
- Project: Polimen House
- Location: Biscay, Spain
- Photography: Aleix Bagué & Juan Rodríguez
- Client: Ayuntamiento de Bilbao
- Date of project: August 2006 – May 2012
- Construction date: June 2007 – June 2012
- Area: 12.792,56 m2
- Awards: Primer Premio en el concurso de ideas First Prize in ideas competition
Saturday, September 13th, 2014
Article source: van Es architecten
The IT firm CAB Holland required a building that would clearly reflect the company’s technical nature.
van Es architecten developed a modern design characterised by clear lines, an abundance of metal and glass and an orange-yellow overhang that clearly marks the elevated office section. The building’s design incorporates various sustainable and comfortable air conditioning solutions that make use of heat recovery, adiabatic cooling and the recycling of the residual heat generated by the server room located in the complex.
Image Courtesy © van Es architecten
- Architects: van Es architecten
- Project: CAB Holland
- Location: Gorinchem, Netherlands
- Realised: 2009
- Office building: 1,735-m²
- Industrial building: 1,150-m²
Wednesday, September 10th, 2014
Article source: 21 Arquitectura
Multifamily building design of two levels, ground floor where there are two departments 323.90ft2 twins each upstairs and two departments in the same way except that here the distribution is made is different; 323.90ft2 about the first and second 406.45ft2.
Image Courtesy © 21 Arquitectura
- Architects: 21 Arquitectura
- Project: Apartament DLP
- Location: La Paz, Mexico
- Software used: Autocad, Photoshop, Autodesk
- Owner: Private Client
- Renders: 21 Arquitectura
- Author: Architect Manuel Romero
- Projected Area: 1100.30ft2
- Materials: Concrete, wood, tile
- Date: 2014