Archive for the ‘Cafe’ Category
Friday, October 9th, 2015
Article source: MoonHoon Architects
Go happens to be the Sirname of the client… mir in Korean means a dragon…so Gomir means Go’s dragon…
Jeju is an Island south of Korean peninsular, famous as a vacation spot. The landscape is dominated by halla mountain in the center and basalt rocks by the sea. The weather is more balmy than mainland which allows for more exotic vegetation growth. The site is located just five minute walk from a famous tourist site called Yongdoam(dragon’s head), which is a basalt formation that looks like a dragon’s head.
Image Courtesy © Kim Jae kwan
- Architects: MoonHoon Architects
- Project: Go.mirGUEST House
- Location: Jeju-do, Korea
- Photography: Kim Jae kwan, Nam Goong Sun
- Project team: Kim sukhee, Park jeonguk, Song juneui
- Structure engineering: SDM Structure, Hanuri Structure
- Construction: GAU Architecture& Construction
- Client: Go young suk
- Site area: 391m²
- Building area: 168.67m²
- Gross floor area: 408m² (more…)
Wednesday, October 7th, 2015
Article source: Zwei Interiors Architecture
At 119 Howard, the focus is on the space as a stage in the theatre of life. Set in what was originally a mechanics workshop, 119 Howard st, North Melbourne is the next chapter in Joseph Haddad’s Melbourne coffee empire. The space is a warm tonal interplay of existing spatial elements with natural light and materiality, and uses residential references to create an environment that is a ’home away from home’.
Image Courtesy © Michael Kai
- Architects: Zwei Interiors Architecture
- Project: Code Black
- Location: North Melbourne VIC , Australia
- Photography: Michael Kai
- Software used: AutoCAD, Sketchup
- Completion date: December 2014
- Designer: Zwei Interiors Architecture
Thursday, October 1st, 2015
Article source: pier7 architekten
Does an artificial landscape need to be planted and thus, appear to be as close to a natural landscape as possible? No. To the contrary, this project shows awareness of the sites origin. It is a waste dump covered with a black skin that plainly offers plenty of space. The concept has been developed by FSWLA Landscape architects and pier7 architects as a collaborative proposal and the realisation of this highly original cultivation of garbage within the perfect world of Bergisches Land has been completed. Several temporary sites with diverse purposes have come into existence alongside, around and on top of the cone of garbage since. For example: learning places that are flexible for different programs, cafés, seminar- and production sites as well as exhibition venues for prototypic structures and various events more that have not been thought of, yet.
Image Courtesy © pier7 architekten
Tuesday, September 29th, 2015
Article source: Sophus Søbye Architects ApS.
The new scout hut and village hall with the related outdoor play area is located behind the park, Søndermarken in copenhagen. The plot lies stretched out between the road and Søndermarken. It is at the narrowest point not more than 10 meters, but in return it is 80 meters long in east west direction. The plot has a level jumps in the same direction about three meters. The prospect of the large trees in Søndermarken is to make the plot quite unique.
Image Courtesy © Jens Larsen
- Architects: Sophus Søbye Architects ApS.
- Project: DDS Søndermarken
- Location: Bag Søndermarken 20, 2000 Frederiksberg, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Photography: Jens Larsen, Rasmus Hjortshøj
- Project Team: Sophus Søbye MAA, David Vega y Rojo MAA, Martin Freeman MAA, Maria del Mar Freire Morales
- Structural Engineering: Rostgaard Engineering Consultants A/S
- Client Representative: Marianne Båastrup-Larsen, DDS Søndermarken Group
- Area: 420 m2 + 100 m2 covered area.
- Project Year: 2015
Wednesday, September 16th, 2015
Article source: BPd-design & art
Le Jour Café is located in the historic centre of Košice, on the Hlavná street in a building, which is the oldest preserved bourgeois building in the city centre. Large vault premises with an area of 140 m2 offered various options of use.
Image Courtesy © BPd-design & art
- Architects: BPd-design & art
- Project: Le Jour Caffe Kosice
- Location: Košice, Slovakia
- Software used: 3D Studio Max
Wednesday, September 9th, 2015
Article source: ACXT Architect
The Civic Center is a building that combines sporting, cultural and administrative uses to service the neighborhood Salburua in Vitoria.
The project conceives the civic center as a gathering of people to carry out various social, cultural, recreational or sports activities.
Image Courtesy © Aitor Ortiz
- Architects: ACXT Architect
- Project: Centro Cívico Salburua
- Location: Barrio de Salburua,Vitoria-Gasteiz, Spain
- Photography: Aitor Ortiz
- Project director: Juan Luis Geijo (Proyecto/ Project); Juan Dávila (Obra / works)
- Project Architect: Gonzalo Carro
- Other architects: Maria Robredo, Oscar Ferreira, Javier Manjón, Aintzane Gastelu-Iturri, Daniela Bustamante, Beatriz Pagoaga, Aitziber Olarte
- Project Management: Juan Luís Geijo; Juan Dávila, Juan Dávila
- Environmental Engineering: Camino López, Federíco Reguero
- CAD: Itziar Ramírez, Arrate López de Maturana, Gorka Arceniaga, Marta García (more…)
Sunday, August 23rd, 2015
Article source: ITN Architects
The End To End building has recently opened its doors. It is architecture inspired by street culture comprising six new five storey commercial tenancies each with an elevator, decks and car spaces. It is impressively crowned by three recently retired, renovated Hitachi Met trains with panoramic views of Collingwood and beyond. Rolling Stock nostalgia appears at street level in solid railway track doors, sleeper canopies and train station platform façade panels. The building is the latest in a series of graffiti culture inspired buildings by Zvi Belling of ITN Architects.
Image Courtesy © ITN Architects
- Architects: ITN Architects
- Project: The End to End Building
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
- Project architect: Zvi Belling
- Project team: Silas Gibson and Jenny Cham
- Graffiti artist: prowla RDC crew
- Builder: Kalitek Constructions
- Site management: Kon & Spiro Mitrangas
- Engineer: Joe Bruno at BCE Design
- Building surveyor: Mike Neighbour (more…)
Sunday, August 23rd, 2015
Article source: v2com
jones | haydu has won a Merit Award for Interior Architecture from the American Institute of Architects San Francisco for their work on Coffee Bar Kearny.The primary objective for this tiny cafe in the heart of downtown San Francisco was to bring epicurean level coffee at a rate and speed to meet the Financial District’s demands while simultaneously revitalizing a stretch of sidewalk that has been fallow for over twenty years. Coffee Bar serves as a workshop to explore, experiment, and embrace the trends of the coffee industry.
View from across Kearny Street, Image Courtesy © Art Gray
- Architects: jones | haydu
- Project: Coffee Bar
- Location: San Francisco, California, United States
- Photography: Art Gray
Friday, August 21st, 2015
Article source: Taller KEN
“Saúl Bistro, Majadas Once” mines patterns, materials and textures and collects them to make a fresh tropical atmosphere. One of the biggest design decisions is that the café is open-air, with no glass, to connect the project to the pedestrian walkways.
Image Courtesy © Andres Asturias
- Architects: Taller KEN
- Project: Saúl Bistro, Majadas Once
- Location: Majadas, Guatemala City
- Photography: Andres Asturias
- Software used: AutoCAD, Rhino, Photoshop
- Client: Corporation Merino S.A.
- Type: Cafe
- Completed: 2014
- Size: 460 sqm
Sunday, August 16th, 2015
Article source: Guillaume Mazars Architecture
Project for a kiosk on the lakefront of Chicago. Waterfronts are special places. A meeting point between earth and sea, the horizon is exposed. More than elsewhere the sky is present, it illuminates and color permeates the place. The project aims to exacerbate this feeling by framing the views and accentuating the light of the moment.
EXTERIOR VIEW_LIBRARY- BOOK SHOP, Image Courtesy © Guillaume Mazars Architecture
- Architects: Guillaume Mazars Architecture
- Project: AMBIENT LIGHT
- Location: Chicago, Illinois