Archive for the ‘Cafe’ Category
Wednesday, November 18th, 2015
Article source: PRISM DESIGN
Red Town is place where an iron works in Shanghai was renovation.
This great outdoor hangout spot has itself into one of Shanghai’s most popular Sculpture art districts. With galleries, cafes, exhibition spaces and creative offices, Red Town makes a great place for casual meetings and quietly working off the grid. There is also a large grassy area for reading, relaxing, doodling, picnicing and whatever it is that people.
Image Courtesy © PRISM DESIGN
- Architects: PRISM DESIGN
- Project: Both Boutique
- Location: H101, Red Town Sculpture Museum, 570 Huaihai W Rd, Changning, Shanghai, China
- Category: Boutique Café 370sqm
- Construction: JF Design & Construction Co,.Ltd
- Lighting Supplier: KOIZUMI LIGHTING TECHNOLOGY SHANGHAI Co.Ltd.
- Construction period: April.2015 – September.2015
- Design period: January.2015 – April.2015
Friday, October 30th, 2015
Article source: v2com
The Centre for Food (CFF) at Durham College (DC) distinguishes itself in the highly competitive field of culinary education by bringing together culinary, hospitality, event management, food science, and agricultural and horticultural programs in a state-of-the-art facility for “field-to-fork” culinary education.
West face of the school from the adjacent agricultural fields, Image Courtesy © Tom Arban
- Architects: Gow Hastings Architects
- Project: Durham College Centre for Food
- Location: Whitby, Canada
- Photography: Janet Rosenberg & Studio, Tom Arban, Remi Carreiro
- Software used: Revit
Friday, October 23rd, 2015
Article source: Tailor Made arkitekter
Uppgrenna Nature House
A conference/cafe/event- building in Uppgränna, Sweden. An existing red barn was demolished and replaced by a modern building with ground floor partly submerged in the slope. The upper entrance level consists of an insulated building partly surrounded by an unheated greenhouse that extends over the entire roof. The greenhouse includes room for plant beds and shelter terraces with expansive views of Lake Vättern and has a climate comparable to that of Northern Italy.
Image Courtesy © Ulf Celander
- Architects: Tailor Made arkitekter
- Project: Uppgrenna Nature House
- Location: Uppgränna, Sweden
- Photography: Ulf Celander
- Software used: Auto CAD and Sketch Up
- Architect in Charge: Fredrik Olson
- Project manager/controller: Niklas Dahlström, Darking / Greenhouse Living
- Plantbeds/sewage/controller: Anders Solvarm, Ecorelief / Greenhouse Living
- Client: Bodil Antonsson
- Area: 520.0 sqm (200 sqm greenhouse)
- Project Year: 2015
Tuesday, October 20th, 2015
Article source: Barberio Colella ARC
Italian cookery is worldwide appreciated and the very cooking of Bologna excels for many features. Bologna’s C.A.A.B.® will welcome in 2016 such a 80.000 m2 entertainment centre: F.I.CO®. This structure will host swimming pools, restaurants, orchards, beehives, teaching farms and shopping centres. F.I.CO® is planned to become a pivotal international attraction; this will trigger an important territorial redevelopment in order to welcome users and tourist. F.I.CO®.Wellness Club aims to offer a wellness area for those classy visitors willing to discover both nutrition and body care.
Image Courtesy © Barberio Colella ARC
- Architects: Barberio Colella ARC
- Project: Food & Wellness Club
- Location: Bologna, Italy
- Software used: Rhinoceros, Grasshopper, EvoluteTool, Photoshop, Vray for Rhino, Autocad
Friday, October 9th, 2015
Article source: MoonHoon Architects
Go happens to be the Sirname of the client… mir in Korean means a dragon…so Gomir means Go’s dragon…
Jeju is an Island south of Korean peninsular, famous as a vacation spot. The landscape is dominated by halla mountain in the center and basalt rocks by the sea. The weather is more balmy than mainland which allows for more exotic vegetation growth. The site is located just five minute walk from a famous tourist site called Yongdoam(dragon’s head), which is a basalt formation that looks like a dragon’s head.
Image Courtesy © Kim Jae kwan
- Architects: MoonHoon Architects
- Project: Go.mirGUEST House
- Location: Jeju-do, Korea
- Photography: Kim Jae kwan, Nam Goong Sun
- Project team: Kim sukhee, Park jeonguk, Song juneui
- Structure engineering: SDM Structure, Hanuri Structure
- Construction: GAU Architecture& Construction
- Client: Go young suk
- Site area: 391m²
- Building area: 168.67m²
- Gross floor area: 408m² (more…)
Wednesday, October 7th, 2015
Article source: Zwei Interiors Architecture
At 119 Howard, the focus is on the space as a stage in the theatre of life. Set in what was originally a mechanics workshop, 119 Howard st, North Melbourne is the next chapter in Joseph Haddad’s Melbourne coffee empire. The space is a warm tonal interplay of existing spatial elements with natural light and materiality, and uses residential references to create an environment that is a ’home away from home’.
Image Courtesy © Michael Kai
- Architects: Zwei Interiors Architecture
- Project: Code Black
- Location: North Melbourne VIC , Australia
- Photography: Michael Kai
- Software used: AutoCAD, Sketchup
- Completion date: December 2014
- Designer: Zwei Interiors Architecture
Thursday, October 1st, 2015
Article source: pier7 architekten
Does an artificial landscape need to be planted and thus, appear to be as close to a natural landscape as possible? No. To the contrary, this project shows awareness of the sites origin. It is a waste dump covered with a black skin that plainly offers plenty of space. The concept has been developed by FSWLA Landscape architects and pier7 architects as a collaborative proposal and the realisation of this highly original cultivation of garbage within the perfect world of Bergisches Land has been completed. Several temporary sites with diverse purposes have come into existence alongside, around and on top of the cone of garbage since. For example: learning places that are flexible for different programs, cafés, seminar- and production sites as well as exhibition venues for prototypic structures and various events more that have not been thought of, yet.
Image Courtesy © pier7 architekten
Tuesday, September 29th, 2015
Article source: Sophus Søbye Architects ApS.
The new scout hut and village hall with the related outdoor play area is located behind the park, Søndermarken in copenhagen. The plot lies stretched out between the road and Søndermarken. It is at the narrowest point not more than 10 meters, but in return it is 80 meters long in east west direction. The plot has a level jumps in the same direction about three meters. The prospect of the large trees in Søndermarken is to make the plot quite unique.
Image Courtesy © Jens Larsen
- Architects: Sophus Søbye Architects ApS.
- Project: DDS Søndermarken
- Location: Bag Søndermarken 20, 2000 Frederiksberg, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Photography: Jens Larsen, Rasmus Hjortshøj
- Project Team: Sophus Søbye MAA, David Vega y Rojo MAA, Martin Freeman MAA, Maria del Mar Freire Morales
- Structural Engineering: Rostgaard Engineering Consultants A/S
- Client Representative: Marianne Båastrup-Larsen, DDS Søndermarken Group
- Area: 420 m2 + 100 m2 covered area.
- Project Year: 2015
Wednesday, September 16th, 2015
Article source: BPd-design & art
Le Jour Café is located in the historic centre of Košice, on the Hlavná street in a building, which is the oldest preserved bourgeois building in the city centre. Large vault premises with an area of 140 m2 offered various options of use.
Image Courtesy © BPd-design & art
- Architects: BPd-design & art
- Project: Le Jour Caffe Kosice
- Location: Košice, Slovakia
- Software used: 3D Studio Max
Wednesday, September 9th, 2015
Article source: ACXT Architect
The Civic Center is a building that combines sporting, cultural and administrative uses to service the neighborhood Salburua in Vitoria.
The project conceives the civic center as a gathering of people to carry out various social, cultural, recreational or sports activities.
Image Courtesy © Aitor Ortiz
- Architects: ACXT Architect
- Project: Centro Cívico Salburua
- Location: Barrio de Salburua,Vitoria-Gasteiz, Spain
- Photography: Aitor Ortiz
- Project director: Juan Luis Geijo (Proyecto/ Project); Juan Dávila (Obra / works)
- Project Architect: Gonzalo Carro
- Other architects: Maria Robredo, Oscar Ferreira, Javier Manjón, Aintzane Gastelu-Iturri, Daniela Bustamante, Beatriz Pagoaga, Aitziber Olarte
- Project Management: Juan Luís Geijo; Juan Dávila, Juan Dávila
- Environmental Engineering: Camino López, Federíco Reguero
- CAD: Itziar Ramírez, Arrate López de Maturana, Gorka Arceniaga, Marta García (more…)