Archive for the ‘Cafe’ Category
Thursday, March 3rd, 2016
Article source: LOdesigner
Design project of the cafe – bar (flight) became the winner of the international competition PREMIO Le 5 Stagioni. Among the 184 projects announced for the competition, the professional jury has been selected the winner of Project Cafe – bar FLIGHT.
Image Courtesy © LOdesigner
Tuesday, March 1st, 2016
Article source: IF (Integrated Field Co.,Ltd.)
With the owner’s love of gardens and trees, IF proposed this IT’S SARA café as a place where people could experience the permeation between the indoor and the outdoor space.
Image Courtesy © KetsireeWongwan
- Architects: IF (Integrated Field Co.,Ltd.)
- Project: Café in the garden
- Location: Nongkhae, Saraburi, Thailand
- Photography: KetsireeWongwan
- Owner: PimpakaWongmanasuk
- Lighting designer: KullakalnGururatana
- Structural engineer: Basic design co.,ltd.
- Electrical engineer: Site 83 engineering studio
- Sanitary engineer: Site 83 engineering studio
- Main contractor: SE Surasak engineering (more…)
Tuesday, February 16th, 2016
Article source: Arkan Zeytinoglu Architects
A high-end family hotel in the middle of the biggest skiing and hiking region of Upper Austria – the new Leading family Hotel & Resort Dachsteinkönig is going to exceed all expectations. Its ground breaking took place in December 2014 and is planned to be completed by the end of 2016.
Image Courtesy © Arkan Zeytinoglu Architects & miss3 s.r.o.
- Architects: Arkan Zeytinoglu Architects
- Project: Leading Family Hotel & Resort Dachsteinkönig
- Location: Gosau, Austria
- Client: Hotel – Dachsteinkönig Hotel GmbH, Chalets – Dachstein Chalet Errichtungs GmbH
- Redenrings: Arkan Zeytinoglu Architects & miss3 s.r.o.
- Competition: May 2013
- Start of planning: June 2013
- Start of construction: December 2014
- Completion: December 2016
- S Hotel:105 Rooms, 12 Chalets, 2 Restaurants, Kids Restaurant, Café, Bakery, Bar, Shop, Kids Pool
Thursday, February 11th, 2016
Article source: noa* network of architecture
The owner Hannes Dollinger lived and worked for years in Vienna and fell in love with the tradition of the ‘Wiener Kaffeehaus’. Cosy spaces where you can enjoy coffee and pastry for hours, reading a newspaper and having a chat with the waiter, as you would in your own living room, were his idea of the new café. And in fact, the cosiness already starts from the doorsill. The entrance is formed by a group of vintage armchairs that create a sort of a living room and invite passing people to have a seat. In summer the facade is totally open and the chairs get part of the street and the city.
Image Courtesy © noa* network of architecture
Tuesday, February 9th, 2016
Article source: 3deluxe
On Noor Island, a lagoon island in the middle of the capital of the Arab Emirate Sharjah, German design studio 3deluxe is currently designing a 2.5 ha transmedia landscape park, interwoven with an ensemble of several themed pavilions and buildings. The architectural structure to shape the island’s entire appearance, the Butterfly Pavilion, is nearing completion. The park will open in mid-December and further attractions will be continually added in the course of the coming weeks and months.
Image Courtesy © Joaqui+î-ünBusch
- Architects: 3deluxe
- Project: BUTTERFLY PAVILION
- Location: Noor Island, Sharjah City, Sharjah, U.A.E.
- Photography: Bjo+î-årnAsmussen, ChristianBauer, Joaqui+î-ünBusch, TorstenSeidel, Shurooq
- Contracting authority: Shurooq, Sharjah, U.A.E.
- Client: Andre Heller, Artevent GmbH, Austria
- Interior Architects: 3deluxe, Germany
- Roof construction: Seele middle east, Dubai, U.A.E.
- Pavilion construction: Waagner Biro Gulf L.L.C., Dubai, U.A.E.
- Interior works: Candido Hermida, Spain
- Interior Material: KRION® Solid Surface
- Planting: Greenworks, Dubai, U.A.E.
- Area: 820 m
- Inauguration: December 15, 2015
Thursday, January 21st, 2016
Article source: ArchiWorkshop
“The brightest space can be experienced during the day, though, becomes the darkest at night”.
In the commercial space, a place was thought, where artificial light does not exist and people can sense the natural time. It is a small outer space, yet gives a great influence and impact to the rest of the inner space. We, as an architect, pursue to offer space and environment, which becomes an art work itself.
Image Courtesy © June-Young Lim
- Architects: ArchiWorkshop
- Project: Cafe Vegegarden
- Location: 140-1, Pung-am dong, West, Gwangju Metropolitan City, Korea
- Project architects: Hee-Jun Sim, Su-Jeong Park
- Client: Vegegarden
- Construction: Vegegarden
- Program: Coffee brunch cafe
- Building area: 270m2
- Exterior finishing: FunderMax compact wood panels
- Photography: June-Young Lim
- Year of completion: 01. Oct. 2014
Wednesday, January 13th, 2016
Article source: Ikon.5 architects
The New South Student Center at Georgetown University is a renovation and addition that transforms an existing mid century residence hall into a vibrant new university living room for undergraduate life. Inspired by the unique ‘Hoya Saxa’ (stones) identity of the Georgetown student body, the center creates an experience of study and casual living spaces carved out of interior and exterior stone edifices. The ‘Saxa’ living wall is a stone clad green wall that provides a natural bio-friendly character to the Great Room that overlooks the Potomac and is one of many design features that assist this project in achieving a LEED Gold certification. Inside the ‘Saxa’ living wall are 12 individual wood clad group study rooms with enhanced video display systems and writable glass partition for students to work on projects together or separately. The Riverside Terrace is an outdoor landscaped area that extends the living space of the Great Room outdoors and overlooks the Potomac.
view of portal from entrance to the Great Lounge, Image Courtesy © Brad Feinknopf
- Architects: Ikon.5 architects
- Project: Student Center Georgetown University
- Location: Washington DC, USA
- Photography: Brad Feinknopf
- Size: 45,000 SF
- Software used: AutoCad
Tuesday, December 8th, 2015
Article source: CHYBIK+KRISTOF ARCHITECTS & URBAN DESIGNERS
The New library in Varna is an open transparent institution serving to the local community just as to the visitors of this popular seaside resort. Thanks to the open and permeable ground floor, there are great conditions for a rich public life not only inside, but also outside the library.
Image Courtesy © CHYBIK+KRISTOF ARCHITECTS & URBAN DESIGNERS
- Architects: CHYBIK+KRISTOF ARCHITECTS & URBAN DESIGNERS
- Project: Library in Varna
- Location: Varna, Bulgaria
- Team: Ondrej Chybik, Michal Kristof, Victor Cojocaru, Martin Holy, Josef Chybik, Adam Jung, Anastasiia Korchagina, Vojtech Kouril, Ondrej Mundl, Matej Strba, Zuzana Zathurecka
- Program: library, offices, exhibition space, café
- Status: international open competition
- Size: 18 420 m2 (total built-up area of the over ground levels)
- Year: 2015
Tuesday, December 1st, 2015
Article source: FATTSTUDIO
Café Murasaki initiated by the client’s proposal, which planed to renovate a pair of row houses to be the café. In the beginning, the functions are not specific. Then, the first idea started from a loca-on that standing on the suburban area of Bangkok, due to the reason of hard access.
Image Courtesy © Tinnaphop Chawatin
- Architects: FATTSTUDIO
- Project: Café Murasaki
- Location: Bangkok, Thailand
- Photography: Tinnaphop Chawatin
- Software used: Autocad, Sketch up, 3dmax, Rhinoceroes
- Client: Mr. Teera Monmai
- Design team: Wattikon Kosonkit with Supanna Chanpensri, Dolada Sriwattanatrakul and Kittiya Ninjeiranai
- Area: 128 Sqm
Thursday, November 19th, 2015
Article source: PRISM DESIGN
Both Music is a café bar nestled in Shanghai’s Red Town of Sculpture Museum creative district. Combining an eclectic mix of music, art, and photography, it’s a hidden haven for beat-makers and audiophiles in Shanghai who want to relax to a curated selection of Vinyl’s funk, soul, jazz, and hip-hop.
Image Courtesy © PRISM DESIGN
- Architects: PRISM DESIGN
- Project: Both Music
- Location: B106, Red Town Sculpture Museum, 570 Huaihai W Rd, Changning, Shanghai, China
- Category: Both music: vinyl records bar, books library 170 sqm
- Construction: Jf design & construction co,.ltd
- Design period: June.2015 – August.2015
- Construction period: August.2015 – September.2015