Archive for the ‘Cafe’ Category
Friday, July 31st, 2015
Article source: Ippolito Fleitz Group GmbH
Café Pause, a popular café and meeting place in the heart ofthe Stuttgart suburb Ostfildern was to be given a new look and direction following a change of leaseholder. The town of Ostfildern, the owners of the building, wished to establish a space in which café meets culture.
Image Courtesy © Zooey Braun
- Architects: Ippolito Fleitz Group GmbH
- Project: Café Pause
- Location: Ostfildern-Nellingen, Germany
- Photography: Zooey Braun
- Client: Lars Holzwarth, Andreas Steger
- Year: 2014
- Size: 125 m² / sqm
Friday, July 31st, 2015
Article source: PLASMA NODO
9 ¾ is a bookstore cafe specialized in children, but where adults can also have some fun. We believe that cities needwarm and nice meeting places that welcome us and invite us to learn having fun with our families and friends, sites where people not only buy but go and havea good time.
Image Courtesy © Daniel Mejía
- Architects: PLASMA NODO
- Project: 9 ¾ bookstore cafe
- Location: Medellín, Colombia
- Photography: Daniel Mejía
- Software used: Sketchup, 3d max
- Built area: 120m²
- Completion (date): May, 2015
Tuesday, July 14th, 2015
Article source: Idom/ACXT Architect
Athletic Club of Bilbao is one of the big clubs in European football and its previous stadium, over a hundred years old, was one of the legendary ones, popularly referred to as the cathedral of football.
Image Courtesy © Aitor Ortiz
- Architects: Idom/ACXT Architect
- Project: SAN MAMES STADIUM
- Location: Bilbao, Spain
- Photography: Aitor Ortiz
- Main architect: César A. Azcárate Gómez (ACXT-IDOM)
- Project Director: Oscar Malo
- Deputy architect: Diego Rodríguez
- Project managers: Alexander Zeuss, Gontzal Martínez (more…)
Wednesday, July 8th, 2015
Article source: STUDIO JOB
The lounge created by Studio Job for the Groninger Museum is a showpiece in itself.
The design duo of Job Smeets (1970) and Nynke Tynagel (1977) was inspired by 19th-century private clubs full of smoking gentlemen in top hats. These were once sophisticated bastions with thick-pile carpets on creaking wooden floors; chandeliers were suspended from richly decorated ceilings supported by solid pillars. The muffled silence was only broken by the calming spatter of the fountain at the entrance. It was an ivory tower for the elite – just as it was on the Titanic. It is not without reason that this world has vanished.
Image Courtesy © Robert Kot
- Architects: STUDIO JOB
- Project: Job Lounge for Groninger Museum
- Location: Groninger Museum, Groningen, Netherlands
- Photography: Robert Kot, Peter Tahl
- Architect Museum: Alessandro Mendini, Coop Himmelblau, Philippe Starck, Michéle de Lucchi
- Design Job Lounge: Studio Job (Job Smeets & Nynke Tynagel)
- Project Design Team: Job Smeets & Nynke Tynagel
- Client: Groninger Museum (more…)
Friday, July 3rd, 2015
Article source: J. MAYER H. und Partner, Architekten
June 20th, 2015 marked the opening of the KA300 Pavilion in Karlsruhe, designed by J. MAYER H. und Partner, Architekten. To celebrate the three-hundred year anniversary of the founding of the city of Karlsruhe, this temporary event pavilion was erected in the city’s Schlossgarten. During the festival summer, various concerts, theatre performances, readings, film screenings, and exhibitions will be held in the open structure.
Image Courtesy © Marcus Buck
- Architects: J. MAYER H. und Partner, Architekten
- Project: Jubilee Pavilion KA300
- Location: Pavilion for the City Jubilee, Schlossgarten, Karlsruhe, Germany
- Photography: Frank Dinger, Marcus Buck, Michael Kneffel
- Software used: ArchiCad and Rhino, Maya
- Client: Stadtmarketing Karlsruhe GmbH
- Partner in charge: Jürgen Mayer H.
- Project architect: Sebastian Finckh
- Project team: Georg Fassl, Maxim Margorskyi (more…)
Wednesday, July 1st, 2015
Article source: Giuffrida – Bragadin
A successful partnership, the perfect combination that brings together ALIVAR exclusive furniture and the legendary Hard Rock Hotels and Cafes brand, all with the incredible island of Ibiza as the backdrop. In fact, ALIVAR has supplied part of the furnishings for the Presidential Suites and VIP rooms at the brand new Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza, the first European Hotel for the renowned Hard Rock hotel chain, in this amazing Spanish place. This is a five-star hotel that is the result of close collaboration between ALIVAR and a high-end Spanish hotel group that manages a large number of hotels around the world.
Wednesday, June 3rd, 2015
Article source: Architecture Patrick Mauger
The extension to the Miradou fort is an independent structure inserted between the existing fort and the village. The new building uses the same layout principle as a Vauban fortress.
Image Courtesy © Didier Boy de la Tour
- Architects: Architecture Patrick Mauger
- Project: National Commando Training Centre
- Location: Miradou Fort, 66190 Collioure, FRANCE
- Photography: Didier Boy de la Tour
- Collaborators: Setec Bascou, Bouscat & Pestel, Benjean, Lardart, Olier
- Programme: Café and dining hall, kitchen (490 diners/day) and medical service unit
- Client: French Ministry of Defense, Montpellier Engineering Administration
- Site Area: 2 186 m²
- Environmental aspects: RT 2005
- Status: Built / Delivered in 2007
- Budget: 3.1 M€
Tuesday, May 26th, 2015
Article source: Hewitt Studios LLP
Hewitt Studios have recently completed a sustainable new-build workshop sporting an innovative and efficient ‘flat-pack’ timber structure.
The project is situated on the Holme Lacy campus of Herefordshire and Ludlow College and is designed to complement the nearby Straw Bale Cafe and Fast-Track Classrooms. It is used primarily for the maintenance of tractors and other agricultural machinery.
Image Courtesy © Hewitt Studios LLP
- Architects: Hewitt Studios LLP
- Project: Crosslam Agricultural Workshops
- Location: Holme Lacy, England
- Software used: Microstation
Wednesday, May 20th, 2015
Article source: Not a Number Architects
The juice bar occupies a small site in the centre of Bucharest. Its irregular layout follows the outline of a derelict shed that was previously standing on the plot working as a Turkish café.
The space was conceived as a cabin in the city, a safe haven from the bustling streets or the cold afternoons.
Image Courtesy © Cosmin Dragomir
- Architects: Not a Number Architects
- Project: Juice bar cabin
- Location: Bucharest, Romania
- Photography: Cosmin Dragomir
- Author: NaNA / Ermis Adamantidis, Dominiki Dadatsi
- Program: Juice bar, Cafe
- Area: 120sqm
- Design period: 2013 – 2014
Sunday, May 17th, 2015
Article source: MODE:LINA ARCHITEKCI
“We have dreamed about the pinkest and most positive and open place in the world. COME CHECK IT OUT”
This incredibly innovative idea of combining a shop with a café is defned by an even more innovative and brave concept: that all the products sold here will be… pink!
This unique pink task was given to the architects from mode:lina studio, meanwhile the brand concept as well as the communication strategy was designed by the MINIMA studio.
Image Courtesy © Marcin Ratajczak
- Architects: MODE:LINA ARCHITEKCI
- Project: Rozove Cafe
- Location: Poland Poznań, ul. Wodna 23
- Photography: Marcin Ratajczak
- DESIGN : mode:lina architekci / architecture studio ( Paweł Garus & Jerzy Woźniak )
- PROJECT TEAM: Paweł Garus, Jerzy Woźniak, Kinga Kin
- COMPLETION: February / Luty 2015
- AREA: 65 m2
- BRANDING: MINIMA