Archive for the ‘Cafe’ Category
Sunday, May 17th, 2015
Article source: MODE:LINA ARCHITEKCI
“We have dreamed about the pinkest and most positive and open place in the world. COME CHECK IT OUT”
This incredibly innovative idea of combining a shop with a café is defned by an even more innovative and brave concept: that all the products sold here will be… pink!
This unique pink task was given to the architects from mode:lina studio, meanwhile the brand concept as well as the communication strategy was designed by the MINIMA studio.
Image Courtesy © Marcin Ratajczak
- Architects: MODE:LINA ARCHITEKCI
- Project: Rozove Cafe
- Location: Poland Poznań, ul. Wodna 23
- Photography: Marcin Ratajczak
- DESIGN : mode:lina architekci / architecture studio ( Paweł Garus & Jerzy Woźniak )
- PROJECT TEAM: Paweł Garus, Jerzy Woźniak, Kinga Kin
- COMPLETION: February / Luty 2015
- AREA: 65 m2
- BRANDING: MINIMA
Thursday, May 7th, 2015
Article source: AART architects
AART architects reveal the first building phase of the Waterfront development – one of the largest wooden residential developments in Europe. Located on the edge of Stavanger harbor front, the 19,500 m2 development transforms the former industrial area into a recreational part of town.
Image Courtesy © AART architects
- Architects: AART architects
- Project: THE WATERFRONT
- Location: Stavanger, Norway
- Client:Kruse-Smith (developer), Stavanger 2008 and NAL|NABU (original contracting authority)
- Size: 19,500 m2
- Status: The first building phase was completed in June 2014, The second phase building will be completed in 2015
Thursday, April 16th, 2015
Article source: Cadaval & Solà-Morales
The building is located in the Colonia Roma, a historic neighbourhood in the central sector of Mexico City. La Roma developed in the 19th century as one of the first extensions of the city centre, with an orthogonal grid of large houses inhabited by the upper classes of the city. With the emergence of suburban life in the 50s, la Roma decreased its population throughout the second half of the 20th century, getting to its worst with earthquake of 1985. Due to the location of la Roma in what once was Lake Texcoco, the subsoil is highly muddy, so seismic waves are amplified; thus, during the strong earthquake of 85, la Roma was one of the more affected areas of the city: many buildings collapsed, and many of those which resisted were abandoned by its inhabitants because of their structural damage or because of the fear that the buildings would not resist another earthquake. The neighbourhood became deeply deteriorated, with high levels of insecurity and abandoned buildings, until its recent re-emergence as one of the most active areas of the city, filled with art galleries, small restaurants, cafés and young people occupying again its streets and public areas.
Image Courtesy © Miguel de Guzmán
- Architects: Cadaval & Solà-Morales
- Project: Cordoba-ReUrbano Housing Building
- Location: Roma District, Mexico City. Mexico
- Photography: Miguel de Guzmán
- Collaborators: Olivier Arditi, Catherine Nguyen
- Structural Engineering: Ricardo Camacho
- Área: 2200sqm
Wednesday, April 15th, 2015
Article source: Ponadto design group
The design won the 1st prize in the twelfth edition of the national competition organized by Sanitec KOLO in 2010. Since then, the utility has been extended by a café and land development between wybrzeże szczecińskie street and vistula river in Warsaw.
Image Courtesy © Piotr Szczepański
- Architects: Ponadto design group (Aleksandra Krzywańska, Maja Matuszewska, Katarzyna Szpicmacher)
- Project: Vistula river beach pavilion
- Location: Warsaw, Poland
- Photography: Piotr Szczepański, Rafał Nebelski
- Collaborators: Pro Arte 11 ( Jerzy Grochulski Ph.D. Arch., M. Arch. Stanisław Stefanowicz)
- Client: Warsaw City Council
- Area: 1500 m2
- Year: 2013
Saturday, April 4th, 2015
Article source: Foster + Partners
Lord Foster has attended opening celebrations in Buenos Aires today for the new Buenos Aires Ciudad Casa de Gobierno, a sustainable new city hall for the Mayor and 1,500 staff – and the practice’s first civic project in Argentina. Spanning an entire city block in Parque Patricios, the building is a catalyst for the regeneration of the neighbourhood and combines an environmentally efficient design with an innovative, highly flexible internal arrangement of terraced working floors.
Image Courtesy © Foster + Partners
- Architects: Foster + Partners
- Project: Official opening of new city hall in Buenos Aires
- Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina (more…)
Wednesday, February 18th, 2015
Article source: COORDINATION ASIA Ltd.
On January 18, 2015, China sees the opening of its first kids design experience: the Kids Museum of Glass. Children can explore their creativity in the former workshop that is converted into a space that hosts an Exhibition, a DIY Workshop, two Cafés, a Gift Shop and a Party Space. The idea and design of the museum are by Tilman Thürmer, founder and CEO of COORDINATION ASIA, and combines art, design, performances, films and games in a creative, interactive and educational environment. The 2,000 sqm space is designed for children in the age of 4-10 to learn about the basics of glass in a playful and fun way.
Image Courtesy © COORDINATION ASIA Ltd.
- Architects: COORDINATION ASIA Ltd.
- Project: KIDS MUSEUM OF GLASS
- Location: 685 West Changjiang Rd Baoshan District, Shanghai, China
- Client: Shanghai G+ Culture Creative Developing Co.,Ltd
- Construction: Shanghai Jieshuo Stage Property Company Ltd. (Exhibition), Shanghai Jiecheng Exhibition & Display Company Ltd. (Multimedia), Jiangsu Henglong Decoration Engineering Company Ltd. (Interior),Shanghai Bo Wen Architecture Decoration Co., Ltd (Interior), Shanghai Tongjian Qianghua Building Design Company Ltd. (Building)
- Shanghai Jinqiao Engineering Construction & Development CompanyLtd. (Building)
- Extent: 2,000 sqm
- Completion Date: January 2015
Tuesday, February 17th, 2015
Article source: Crosby Studios
Designed by Crosby Studios architects Bulka Cafe and Bakery is located in the Gorky Park in Moscow in the middle of the extensive gardens along the Moskva River. Thus the greenery theme of the park is projected into the interior design through various details letting a bit of sunny summer into short overcast days and long winter nights of Moscow.
Image Courtesy © Evgeny Evgrafov
- Architects: Crosby Studios
- Project: Bulka Cafe and Bakery
- Location: Gorky Park, Moscow, Russia
- Photography: Evgeny Evgrafov
- Chief Architect: Harry Nuriev
- Landscape Architect: Anna Andreeva
- Area: 228.0 sqm
- Year: 2012
Friday, February 13th, 2015
Article source: SLOW Architects
The Italian word “Baita” refers to a place that allows climbers to have a break and regain their strength. This café located in Vanke Lake Songhua Resort is appropriately denominated as “Baita Italia” due to its remarkable place at the right beginning of the town center of the resort facing the mountain and the ski tracks, and its role in the cultural communication between Vanke and Italy.
Image Courtesy © Zhou Ruogu
- Architects: SLOW Architects
- Project: Baita Italia
- Location: Lake Songhua, Jilin
- Photography: Zhou Ruogu
- Software used: Autocad, Sketchup and Photoshop
- GFA: approx. 500m2
- Completion time: 2014.12
Friday, February 6th, 2015
Article source: Huť architektury Martin Rajniš – Martin Rajniš, David Kubík
The kindergarten includes a café and is located inside the area of the Children’s Integration Centre (CHIC) in Krč. Madam Directress wanted to increase the capacity of the kindergarten based on a demographic study which calculated a significant increase in demand for these services in the coming years.
Image Courtesy © Petr Králík
- Architects: Huť architektury Martin Rajniš – Martin Rajniš, David Kubík
- Project: Kindergarden Krč
- Location: Prague, Czech Republic
- Photography: Petr Králík, David Kubik
- Project Date: 2013
Thursday, February 5th, 2015
Article source: Aydin Gürsel Bakir – natselane
The outher shape of this “cafe bookstore” was inspired by that of a book. The users can also read books in its cafe for free or take the time to buy some in the bookstore. In the cafe, books can be borrowed and consulted while the books you find in the bookstore are for sale. The bookshelves used within it have been established in the exterior section on the same axis and thanks to this display window on the outside, the interiors have been rendered to appear on the same axis.
Image Courtesy © Architects: Aydin Gürsel Bakir – natselane