Archive for the ‘Campus’ Category
Tuesday, March 8th, 2016
Article source: PAB Architects
Gokceada is a characteristic island in Northern Aegean Sea with small scale masonry houses in organic urban patterns. Being on an island, the town is an isolated settlement with limited resources. Therefore the main aim of Gokceada High School Campus, which includes a high school, vocational school, dormitory, gymnasium, library, and a conference hall, is to create an integrated life within educational-social entity of the school and the urban life. By this means, the campus will not only be used in the school hours, but it will serve for 24 hours to the people of the island as an open campus with a projection of sharing limited resources efficiently.
Image Courtesy © PAB Architects
- Architects: PAB Architects
- Project: Gokceada High School Campus
- Location: Gokçeada, Çanakkale, Turkey
- Design Team: Pınar Gökbayrak, Ali Eray, Burçin Yıldırım, Çağlar Yılmaz, Sinem Yardımcı, Ekin Aytaç, Arzu Meyvacı, Serkan Polat
- Area: 18.000 sqm
- Project Year: 2015
Tuesday, March 8th, 2016
Article source: Paul de Ruiter Architects
Campus renewal and sustainability ambitions go hand in hand at Erasmus University Rotterdam. In the newest addition to the campus, the multifunctional educational building called Polak, the university’s ambition is emphatically manifested: to be among the most sustainable campuses in the Netherlands. The energy-efficient building, of which both the interior and the exterior are designed by Paul de Ruiter architects, fits into the new educational strategy of the Erasmus University, aimed at activating, small-scale education.
Image Courtesy © Jeroen Musch
- Architects: Paul de Ruiter Architects
- Project: Polak building – Erasmus University Rotterdam
- Location: Woudestein Campus, Rotterdam
- Photography: Jeroen Musch, Tim van de Velde, Sebastian van Damme
- Project architects: Paul de Ruiter and Noud Paes
- Project team: Marlous Vriethoff, Laura van de Pol, Richard Buijs, Marieke Sijm
- Mechanical engineering: Wolter & Dros TBI Techniek, Amersfoort
- Contractor: SMT Bouw, Rosmalen, Palte, Valkenburg
- Interior architect: Paul de Ruiter Architects
- Landscape architect: Juurlink[+], Rotterdam (NL) and bureau JvantSpijker, Rotterdam (more…)
Wednesday, February 24th, 2016
Article source: MoederscheimMoonen Architects
The definite design of the new Revius Lyceum in Doorn was recently presented to the public.
The new complex has been designed by Spring Architecten in partnership with MoederscheimMoonen Architects.
Image Courtesy © MoederscheimMoonen Architects
Wednesday, February 3rd, 2016
Article source: Kadawittfeldarchitektur
New build of a modern energy efficiency centre on the campus of Hochschule Niederrhein in Mönchengladbach| ADDED VALUE The low-resource energy generation system is displayed on the outside of the sculptural facade made of photovoltaic elements, thus giving the building an unmistakable character.
Image Courtesy © Andreas Horsky
- Architects: Kadawittfeldarchitektur
- Project: NEW-BLAUHAUS
- Location: MÖNCHENGLADBACH, GERMANY
- Photography: Andreas Horsky
- Software used: AutoCAD, Rhino, Autodesk 3ds Max, V-Ray
- Client: NEW mobil & aktiv Mönchengladbach GmbH
- General contractor: A.Frauenrath BauConcept GmbH
- Project team: Julia Wehmeyer, Jochen Hansen, Marie Krebs (student assistant), Sergej Griniak (student assistant)
- Consultants: Daniel Trappen, Paloma Perez-Horsky, Raimonda Guoby te (interior design), Andreas Horsky (visualisation), Andrea Blaschke (modelling)
- Project team competition phase: Kerstin Tulke, Angie Müller, Pawel Pietkun, Bade Kurdakul
- Landscape architecture: greenbox Landschaftsarchitek ten, Cologne Structural engineering / Building physics / Fire engineering Kempen Krause Ingenieure, Aachen
- Occupant: Hochschule Niederrhein and NEW (more…)
Saturday, January 16th, 2016
Article source: kadawittfeldarchitektur
Service center for those studying at the Heinrich Heine University, accommodating the facilities of the department of student affairs, which are used by students from all faculties.
Image Courtesy © Jens Kirchner
- Architects: kadawittfeldarchitektur
- Project: SSC – Student Service Center
- Location: Düsseldorf, Germany
- Photography: Jens Kirchner
- Client: BLB NRW Düsseldorf
- Projectmanager: Dirk Zweering, Jochen Hansen
- Built volume: GFA 4,242 m², GV 13,200 m³
- Competition: 11/2011 – 1st Prize
- Completion: 2012–2015
Thursday, January 7th, 2016
Article source: STL ARCHITECTS
Located in close proximity to the heart of Lincoln Square in Chicago, the new 85,000 SF Lycée Française de Chicago has been conceived as a unique educational with light-filled spaces intended to encourage educational and shared environments aimed to celebrate the Lycée’s international.
Image Courtesy © IGNACIO ESPIGARES @ STL ARCHITECTS
- Architects: STL ARCHITECTS
- Project: Lycee Francais
- Location: 1929 West Wilson Ave, Chicago, Illinois
- Structural Engineer: ARUP Chicago
- MEP Engineer: McGuire Engineers
- Civil Engineer: Kimley Horn and Associates, Inc.
- General Contractor: Bulley & Andrews
- Landscape Architect: STL Architects + Culliton Quinn
- Lighting Design: ARUP Chicago
- Acoustics: ARUP Chicago
- Software used: Revit (more…)
Wednesday, December 23rd, 2015
Article source: S3 Schmidt Arquitectos
The building arose as the materialisation of the Campus Creativo educational project developed by a group of academics from the Andrés Bello University. It is based on promoting the interaction between different related fields of the artistic matrix, promoting programmatic crossing and teamwork and pertaining to a contemporary collaborative environment.
Image Courtesy © Aryeh Kornfelp, Bruno Gilberto
- Architects: S3 Schmidt Arquitectos, Horacio Schmidt Cortes, Horacio Schmidt Radic, Martin Schmidt Radic
- Project: Creative Campus
- Location: Purísima 285B Recoleta Santiago, Chile
- Photography: Aryeh Kornfelp, Bruno Gilberto
- Chief Architect: Nicolas Norero
- Architects Partners: Lina Rojas
- Area constructed: 9500M2
- Constructor: Bravo e Izquierdo
- House refurbishment: Astudillo Construction Company
- Calculations: Sergio Contreras
- Facades: Hunter Douglas
- Site area: 4980M2
- Built area: 8,000 m2
- Design and construction year: 2014/2015
Tuesday, December 22nd, 2015
Article source: Sweco architects
The Physic Garden is a place to celebrate sensuous phenomena of all kinds. It is a place where mystic scents, changing colors, and seasonal variety can be enjoyed and studied. It is also a test bed for pharmacological research.
Image Courtesy © Sweco architects
- Architects: Sweco architects
- Project: The Physic Garden at Novartis Campus
- Location: Basel, Switzerland
- Landscape architect: Thorbjörn Andersson with Sweco architects
- Team: Pege Hillinge, Johan Krikström, Johnny Lindeberg, Emma Norrman (plants), Therese Egnor (plants), Alexander Cederroth (light), Markus Moström (graphics), Pål Svensson (drinking fountains).
- Client: Novartis Pharma
- Consultants: Schönholzer + Staufer GmbH/ Beat Rösch, Basler + Partner (structural engineering).
- Area: 2800 sqm
- Opening: 2012
- Software used: AutoCAD, sketch up, Illustrator and PhotoShop
Thursday, December 10th, 2015
Article source: TVA Architects
The Matthew Knight Arena is located to form a new east gateway to the University of Oregon campus. Providing a first impression of the University’s distinct identity, the building exemplifies the core values of progressive thinking, education and environmental stewardship of the institution. TVA Architects worked with the State of Oregon SEED program to achieve a 20 percent energy reduction below code for both the Arena and the adjacent Alumni Center.
Image Courtesy © TVA Architects
- Architects: TVA Architects
- Project: Matthew Knight Arena
- Location: Oregon, US
Saturday, December 5th, 2015
Article source: SEHW Architecture
The Campus of the technical university is located on the premises of a former railway engine plant. In line with a large building project and competition in 2006, SEHW Architecture has carried out the campus extension.
The competition comprised the urban planning and implementation of a functional building, a lecture hall centre and student hostel for 200 students.
Image Courtesy © Verfgungsgebude
- Architects: SEHW Architecture
- Project: Campus der TH Wildau
- Location: Wildau, Germany
- Photography: Hrsaalzentrum, Verfgungsgebude