Article source: Iñigo Esparza Arquitecto
The Town council of Asiain, a small community located in the municipality of Olza, proposed a simple program when decided to build an extension for the old cemetery. An open air area containing the burial niches and a side construction with the autopsy room and a storage unit.
The limited dimensions of the cemetery and the inexistence of a covered space to provide shade and shelter from the harshness of weather, encouraged to transform the new access into a small pavilion. A prismatic volume, link between the old and the new area, not only used as a roofed platform but also as a module containing the indoor program.
- Architects: Iñigo Esparza Arquitecto
- Project: ASIAIN HALL CEMETERY EXTENSION
- Location: Navarre, Spain
- Photography: Berta Buzunariz
- Promoter: COUNCIL ASIAIN
- Author: ANDREW ESPARZA IÑIGO Architect
- Contributors: Jesus Gutierrez Architect Corera
- Engineering Projects: Engineering Proinalsa
- Project manager: Iñigo Architect Andres Esparza
- Builder: SAGARDOY LIVABLE SPACE HNOS, SL
- Software used: Autocad 2013