Archive for the ‘Child Care’ Category
Tuesday, February 26th, 2013
Article source: Atelier d’Architecture Laurent Tournié
The center is a place of care, sharing and coordination of various activities for supporting and relieving handicapped children and their families in the Cahors area. Located on the left bank of the Lot, The “Terre Rouge” district gradually slopes towards the river. A complicated underground where clays and big limestone blocks resist to geometry.
Image Courtesy Atelier d’Architecture Laurent Tournié
- Architects: Atelier d’Architecture Laurent Tournié
- Project: Daycare Center for Disabled Children
- Location: Cahors, France
- Program: Daycare activity areas – office and administrative area – interior pool – 34 parking spaces (17 underground)
- Client: APAJH – Lot (Association pour Adultes et Jeunes Handicapés du Lot)
- Associated Architect: F. Martinez
- Assistants Architects: S. Nichele, A Tajerrashti
- Collaborators: J.Avignon, P.J.Artins, Y.Chereau, I.Roig, N.Arnal
- Engineers: IES
- Area: 1,390 sqm
- Year: 2011
- Software used: ArchiCAD and Adobe CS5
Wednesday, February 20th, 2013
Article source: Hondelatte Laporte Architectes
The Giraffe childcare center is located in the C1 block of the Seguin Rives de Seine district in Boulogne-Billancourt, a suburban area of Paris. The program houses a 60 bed childcare center and 20 bed day nursery. The building has been awarded the green “zéro Energie Effinergie” label. This public building is located next to Jean Nouvel’s “Horizons” tower, at the junction between the “Vieux pont de Sèvres” neighbourhood, built in the 70’s, and the new area called “ le Trapèze”.
Image Courtesy © Philippe Ruault
- Architects: Hondelatte Laporte Architectes
- Project: Giraffe Childcare Center
- Location: Boulogne-Billancourt, France
- Photography: Philippe Ruault
- Project manager: Virginie Davo
- Project team: Charlotte Fagart (architect)
- Engineering: Studetech
- HEQ Engineering: GCB Gestion Conseil Bâtiment
- Client: SAEM Val de Seine Aménagement
- Program: 60 bed childcare center and 20 bed day nursery
- Competition: january 2009
- Delivery: 2012
- Area: 1450 Sqm
- Cost: 3 744 000€ HT
- Construction companies: SPIE SCGPM (general contractor), AAB (animals sculpture)
Tuesday, February 12th, 2013
Article source: TallerDE2 Arquitectos + Gutiérrez-delafuente Arquitectos
The project Childminders Centre (Haus der Tagesmütter) is the first of four buildings which are currently under construction as an implementation of the proposal awarded with the 1st Prize in the International Competition Europan 9 in the city of Selb, Germany. This first project, finished on September 2012, has been also awarded with the Biennial International Prize ‘First Works-2013’ by the German magazine Bauwelt.
Image Courtesy © Fernando Alda
- Architects: TallerDE2 Arquitectos + Gutiérrez-delafuente Arquitectos
- Project: Childminders Centre (Haus der Tagesmütter)
- Location: Selb, Germany
- Photography: Fernando Alda
- Years: 1st Prize Europan 9 Selb
- Competition: 2008
- Completion: September 2012
- Client: City of Selb
- Collaborators team: Surveyors: SelbWERK GmbH., Structural engineers: Ingenieurbüro Schultheiß – Dietel., Services engineers: Ingenieurbüro Peter Möller / Netzel + Rennert.
- Construction Company: Karl Roth Baumeister GmbH & Co.KG.
- Budget: 1.267.000€.
- Gross floor area: 510,30m2.
Thursday, January 24th, 2013
Article source: Clermont Architectes
The Centre de la Petite Enfance (Early Childhood Center) was built on the green and pristine outskirts of Saint Genis-Pouilly, right next to Geneva and the CERN, right at the border between France and Switzerland.
The site is to become a new ensemble of housing and public buildings, which the new tramway project will connect directly Geneva.
Image Courtesy Clermont Architectes
- Architects: Clermont Architectes
- Project: Early Childhood Center
- Location: Saint Genis-Pouilly, France
- Software used: ArchiCAD
Wednesday, December 12th, 2012
Article source: Henning Larsen Architects
Sølund retirement community is situated at one of the most distinguished locations in Copenhagen, in the vibrant urban space between the Copenhagen Lakes to the one side and the dynamic city street of Ryesgade to the other. Henning Larsen Architects’ proposal for the new Sølund is designed as one large, continuous building block that engages in close dialogue with the surrounding buildings and creates simple, easily accessible spatialities – both on the inside and on the outside. The project also includes a new daycare centre.
Street view : Image Courtesy Henning Larsen Architects
- Architects: Henning Larsen Architects
- Project: Sølund Retirement Community
- Location: Ryesgade, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Client: KAB
- Architects: Henning Larsen Architects, BBP Architects and architects Ole and Jytte Andersen
- Landscape Architect: Schul Landscape Architects
- Engineers: Henrik Larsen Consulting Engineers and Hundsbæk og Henriksen Consulting Engineers
- Gross Floor Area: 38,500 m2
- Type of Assignment: Finalist in invited, international competition
- Team at Henning Larsen Architects: Lars Steffensen (responsible partner), Martin Stenberg (lead design architect), Mikkel Eskildsen, Rafel Crespo, Chenqi Jia, Charlotte Søderhamn Nielsen, Peter Dahlsgaard Nielsen, Christian Schjøll, Grace Xu, Martin Vraa Nielsen, Jakob Strømann-Andersen and Lærke Bjerre.
Friday, July 6th, 2012
Article source: Földes & Co. Architects Ltd.
We meant this day care, designed for the small town of Zsámbék near to the capital, to be a building which can add value to this small-town and featureless residential built enviroment.
We mixed the functionally strict floor plan of the créche with a traditional and community building space form – the cloister. We’ve placed the group rooms and the central multifunctional space around the cloister. This way the créche became appropriate for developing relationship between parents and organising baby-parent events as well.
Image Courtesy Tibor Zsitva
- Architects: Földes & Co. Architects Ltd.
- Project: Daycare
- Location: Zsámbék, Hungary
- Lead architects: László Földes, Csaba Balogh
- Project team: Levente Sirokai, János Sarusi-Kis, Péter Sónicz, Kati Fábry, Ágnes Deigner
- Client: Local Government of Zsámbék
- Building area: netto 631 m2
- Completion: 2011
- Software used: Archicad for the plans
Thursday, May 3rd, 2012
Article source: ZPZ PARTNERS
A company and municipal Nido (crèche, nursery) for 48 children aged 12-36 months divided into two classes (one for the younger age-group and one for older children). Ten places are available to children on municipal waiting lists. The building is in energy class A.
- Architect: ZPZ PARTNERS
- Name of Project: Nido Caribimbi
- Location: Cavagnari, Parma, Italy
- Type: A company and municipal Nido (crèche, nursery) for 48 children aged 12-36 months
- Design team: Michele Zini, Claudia Zoboli, Sara Michelini, Sara Callioni
- Pedagogical consultancy: Elisa Bulgheroni
Thursday, April 19th, 2012
Article source: Herszage & Sternberg Architects
Save a Child’s Heart Opens New Sustainable House
The Legacy Heritage Children’s Home Provides Housing and Care for Children Undergoing Heart Surgeries in Israel
Save a Child’s Heart (SACH) recently opened its new house –the Legacy Heritage Children’s Home, located in the city of Holon, five km. from Tel Aviv, in Israel. The house provides housing for children who need life-saving heart surgeries, their families, as well as nurses, doctors and volunteers.
Night View (Images Courtesy Shai Epstein )
- Architects: Herszage & Sternberg Architects
- Name of project: Save a Child’s Heart (SACH)
- Location: Holon, Israel
- Landscapte Architect: David Gat
- Photographs: Shai Epstein
Friday, April 13th, 2012
Article source: Fluor Architects
Situed on a very small piece of land, the project has been enriched by the resistance from the site to the elements of the mission brief. First of all, this « family crèche » is a living space where the children thrive and a workplace for the staff. The building is the set for this environment in every aspects and needs but also in its poetical dimension.
Image Courtesy Fluor Architects
- Architects: Fluor Architects
- Project: Family Creche
- Location: Drulingen, France
- Photographer: Fluor Architects
- Software used: Vectorworks for 2D and Google Sketchup for 3D