Archive for the ‘Church’ Category
Tuesday, November 8th, 2016
Article source: Studio Ricci Architetti
Spiritual refuge for visitors, perpetual adoration and includes traditional religious ceremonial activities.
The materialization entails 2 moments:
Genesis 1.2. : “The Spirit of God descending like a dove swept over the face of the waters”.The characteristics of the pigeon are: gentle, tender, graceful, innocent, soft, peaceful, pure, patient, easily grieved or scared and faithful.
The White dove of the Holy Spirit, simple, contemporary, of pure volumes, in harmony by formal contrast to the towers of the existing hospital, joint from the central courtyard; with fluent Access from the main lobby, new lobby, cafeteria, Pediatrics and parking lot, Golden users (wheelchair, among others), can move freely by all internal and external spaces.
Image Courtesy © Carlos Berrios
- Architects: Studio Ricci Architetti
- Project: Holy Ghost Chapel
- Location: Managua, Nicaragua
- Photography: Carlos Berrios
- Architect in Charge: Donald Ricci
- Manufacturers: Alfatec, CEMEX, Carpintería Verónica, Gigante Plus, Inés, Sherwing Williams, Sinsa, Solentiname
- Collaborators: Xavier Largaespada, S. Obregón, Marvin Bojorge, Patricia Benavidez, Ramón Huertas, Marcos Delgadillo.
- Model: María Dolores Fonseca
- Area: 125.0 sqm
- Project Year: 2016
Tuesday, October 18th, 2016
Article source: atelierjones
The challenge was to convert a typical multi-tenant office space into a space capable of creating awe. To do this, the architects had to bring life to the existing beige box by breaking it open and allowing the diffuse Northwest light filter in. Historically, light has played a significant role in marking a transcendent space, and this design captures the richness of indirect, cast light reflected off natural surfaces. For the new Bellevue First Congregational Church, the new soaring sanctuary is filled with this indirect light, which subtly changes throughout the day and seasons.
Image Courtesy © atelierjones
- Architects: atelierjones (Susan Jones)
- Project: Bellevue First Congregational Church
- Location: Bellevue, Washington, USA
- Software used: Sketchup, Rhino, Autocad
Wednesday, September 28th, 2016
Article source: OFL Architecture
The project for the new Redemptoris Mater parish complex of Cinisi (PA) was conceived as a little campus of religious faith. It is a singular entity of comfortably inhabitable spaces intimately related to each other. The strong spiritual impact of the complex arises from its dialog with its historical, artistic, and social context, and from the holistic deployment of architecture with fundamental building practices for people of today – as it does in the synergy between music and biology, between agriculture and sociology, and between psychology and religion.
Image Courtesy © OFL Architecture
- Architects: OFL Architecture
- Project: MEMORIA – A Sicilian Chruch
- Location: Cinisi (PA), Italy
- Client: Arcidiocesi of Monreale and Conferenza Episcopale Italiana
- Architecture and concept: Francesco Lipari
- Liturgist: Suor M. Cristina Cruciani
- Artist: Cesare Inzerillo
- Team: Eleonora Menichelli, Luca Bullaro, Vanessa Todaro, Gabriel Belli, Sebastian Di Guardo, Marzia Messina, Ilja Burchard, Joshua Mackley, Elif Tan, Ludmilla Cohen
- Engineering: DOF Engineering
- Energetic strategies: Fabrizio Pizziconi
- Lightning studies: Giorgio Butturini
- Acoustic: Giancarlo Bianchi
- Ceramic project “Le Pietre di Cinisi”: Ceramiche Bevilacqua
- Artistic glass project: Gianni Lucchesi
- Maquette: Lucchetti srl
- 3D optimization: Arturo Tedeschi
- Formwork Peri: Marco Tramajoni
- Concrete Italcementi: Luciano Padalino
- Area: 9000 sqm
- Year: 2015
Friday, August 26th, 2016
Article source: Leekostudio
Qichun Catholic Church is located in Hongshitou Village, Qichun County, Hubei Province, which is a very remote place but with beautiful scenery.
It’s surrounded by mountains and on a peninsula of a lake (it’s actually a fishery farm with qualified water), and the total covered area of the church is 700 square meters. The cost is very limited and almost all the fund is from the government. It is because that Qichun County had a monastery which was built by Italian missionaries before liberation, and it was collected by the government and served as a soldier sanatorium after liberation, and then it was converted into a local hospital, and denouncement meetings were all held here during the Cultural Revolution.
Image Courtesy © Leekostudio
- Architects: Leekostudio
- Project: Qichun Catholic Church
- Location: Huanggang Shi, China
- Design Team: Li Yikao and Jin Xing
- Time: 2009
- Construction Time: From 2010 to 2011
Sunday, August 21st, 2016
Article source: Fránek Architects and MMcité Design
Construqta – sophisticated beauty of concrete
We enjoy referencing basic construction elements in our designs. Moreover, when you want to design a concrete-made piece of urban furniture, especially if it has to be light, a trussed beam is the right inspiration to opt for. Its maximum strength with minimum materials used spells efficiency. The material used is Ultra-High Performance Concrete (UHPC) and it has little to do with traditional concrete. In addition, it is quite expense so achieving aforementioned efficiency was not easy for us. The design’s form is rather restrained engineering-wise and austere but to fine-tune its functional properties took month to accomplish – a lot longer than we originally anticipated. Finally, we can rejoice. The monumental, almost three metres high piece of high-grade concrete shows its grace from afar. When observed closely, its intriguing and sophisticated geometrical lines come into play.
Image Courtesy © Jakub Skokan, Martin Tůma / Boysplaynice
- Architects: Fránek Architects and MMcité Design
- Project: House of Prayer
- Location: Litomyšl, Czech Republic
- Photography: Jakub Skokan, Martin Tůma / Boysplaynice
- Completion: 2009 – 2010
Sunday, August 7th, 2016
Article source: Fcc arquitectura
The old church, built by the hands of the people for more than 30 years ago has been recovered, making it more functional, modern and wide, improving the acoustics and the comfort of space. It was intended to build a new church within the old.
Image Courtesy © Fernando Guerra | FG+SG
- Architects: Fcc arquitectura
- Project: Lgreja de Várzea
- Location: S. Jorge de Várzea, Felgueiras, Portugal
- Photography: Fernando Guerra | FG+SG
- Software used: Autocad
- Project starts: February 2008
- Starts of works: May 2008
- End of the works: October 2008
Thursday, August 4th, 2016
Article source: CN10 architetti
Restoration of the medieval apse and
rennovation of the external area.
The actual building of the former church of San Giuliano is what remains of a large and important settlement already documented in 774 A.D.
Together with the Basilica of S. Giulia, it is an important example of early medieval architecture in the territory south of the city of Bergamo. The settlement was born to manage and control the large possessions of the wealthy lombard families. During the XII century it became the site of a female Benedictine monastery, in this period the settlement lived one of its richest and most important moments, in which begin the reconstruction of the church in the Romanesque style.
Image Courtesy © Gianluca Gelmini
- Architects: CN10 architetti
- Project: Former Monastery Of San Giuliano
- Location: Bonate sotto (bergamo), Italy
- Photography: Gianluca Gelmini
- Client: Municipality of bonate sotto, private client
- Dimension: 200 mq
- Years: 2005-2016
Saturday, May 7th, 2016
Article source: Anna & Eugeni Bach, arquitectes
“Lluèrnia – Fire and light Festival” is an event that takes place in the town of Olot during one night every November. More than 50 light installations adorn the streets and squares during this special annual tradition of the region.
Image Courtesy © Eugeni Bach
- Architects: Anna & Eugeni Bach, arquitectes
- Project: The Shadows of Sant Esteve
- Location: Plaça Rector Ferrer, Olot, Girona, Spain
- Photography: Eugeni Bach
- Collaborators: Albert Cabrer, Maria Ibáñez, architects
- Budget: 215 €
- Buit surface: 90 m2
- Date: November 2015
Friday, April 22nd, 2016
Article source: Takeshi Hosaka Architects
A protestant church stands at a rich green residential area which is 10-minutes away from Shonan beach on foot. The chapel of the 50-year old church became too small and it was therefore decided that a new church would be constructed on a different site. Church authorities said that the passages of the Bible are read and heard in service. Therefore, “We wish to have a chapel appropriate to give praise to the Lord.
Image Courtesy © KOJI FUJII / Nacasa&Pertners Inc.
- Architects: Takeshi Hosaka Architects
- Project: Shonan Christ Church
- Location: Kanagawa, Japan
- Photography: KOJI FUJII / Nacasa&Pertners Inc.
- Structural engineers: Hitoshi yonamine / ove arup & partners japan ltd
- Acouctics: Ayako hakozaki / nagata acouctics
- Client: Shonan christ church
- Site: 416.50 m2
- Building area: 175.96 m2
- Floor area ratio: 175.96 m2 (more…)
Tuesday, March 1st, 2016
Article source: Dans arhitekti
The Don Bosco Church is part of a new parish centre, located in a residential quarter of Maribor, under the Pohorje Massif. The site boasts a view towards the Pekrska Gorca Mountain.
Image Courtesy © Miran Kambič
- Architects: Dans arhitekti
- Project: Don Bosco Church
- Location: Engelsova ulica 66, Maribor, Slovenia
- Photography: Miran Kambič
- Client: The Salesians in Slovenia
- Competition: 2007
- Project: 2011
- Built: 2015