Archive for the ‘City Center’ Category
Saturday, February 25th, 2017
Article source: IGLO Architects
Anatolia Tiles is a Canadian Company who imports ceramic tiles they got produced in Europe and Turkey and sell them in Canadian market. Recently they decided to sell their products in the U.S. market as well, especially in southern part of U.S.A. As a result of their strategic plans they decided to build a logistic center in Aliaga -Izmir/TURKEY as direct sea transport from south of Turkey to Southern U.S.A came out to be much cheaper than TIR transport.
The company has 10 similar logistic buildings in Canada, thus they are used to working with architects and they were in the expectation of a similar design approach in their new building as in their existing buildings.
Image Courtesy © IGLO Architects
- Architects: IGLO Architects
- Project: Anatolia Tiles
- Location: Izmir, Turkey
- Client: Anatolia Tile & Stone Inc.
- Team: Zafer KAROGLU, Yildirim GIGI, Zeycan Gokce ABAY, Dilara BOZKALE, Ayse PEK, Pinar KOMURCU
- Project Area: 6250 sqm
- Project Start Date: January 2016
- Project Completion Date: October 2017
- Construction Date: Ongoing
Wednesday, February 15th, 2017
Article source: White Arkitekter
With its proposal “Under one roof” White Arkitekter won the design competition for a new station and City Hall in the southern Swedish city of Växjö. As the motto suggests, the building gathers several functions in one volume and connects the city’s different parts. This new ‘living room’ is open, welcoming everyone from teenage girls and senior citizens to municipal employees and visitors. The building also creates a new silhouette in the city.
One of the entrances to Växjö’s new station and City Hall building, Image Courtesy © Tegmark
- Architects: White Arkitekter
- Project: New station and City Hall
- Location: Växjö, Sweden
- Photography: Tegmark
- Software used: Rhino, Autocad
Sunday, February 12th, 2017
Article source: Veszprémi Építész Műhely Ltd.
In the 20th century the city management started to reconstruct the city centre twice but the reconstruction has never been finished.
Finally the reconstruction was finished a few years ago: we started to work on it in 2008 and it was finished in 2014.
You can see a long street in the city centre, on the one side of the street there is the old part of the city centre and on the other side there is a 20 storey building with the shopping center, which was built in 1970.
Image Courtesy © Dávid Kovács
- Architects: Veszprémi Építész Műhely Ltd., Főmterv Ltd. and Speos Ltd. (Zsolt György Kovács, Jana Beránková, Dávid Kovács, Márton Becker, Péter Lukács)
- Project: The reconstruction of the city centre
- Location: Veszprém, Hungary
- Photography: Dávid Kovács
- Software used: ArchiCAD
- Client: Veszprém City Council
- General contractor: Vemévszer Ltd.
- Landscape design: Dr. Albert Fekete
- Traffic engineering: Kinga Tóth
- Structural engineering: Gábor Huszka
- Public utilities: László Tuboly
- Accessibility: Ágota Ruttkay
- Project area: 30000 m2 public space and 29 m2 information pavilion
- Project Year: 2012-2014
Tuesday, February 7th, 2017
Article source: Vincent Callebaut Architectures
1. TOUR ET TAXIS: TOWARDS A MIXED-USE ECO-NEIGHBORHOOD
Whereas most developing countries can write their future starting from a blank slate, European cities face the challenge of transforming their built heritage to secure their energy, social and economic transition towards post-carbon, circular and interdependent urban living.
Image Courtesy © Vincent Callebaut Architectures
- Architects: Vincent Callebaut Architectures
- Project: Tour & Taxis
- Location: Tour & Taxis, Brussels, Belgium
- Client: Extensa, T&T Project S.A.
- Program: 85 000 M² Housing (Zone B) + 50 000 M² Office + Retail + Leisure (Gare Maritime)
- Surface Area: 135 000 M²
- Status : W.I.P.
Sunday, February 5th, 2017
Article source: Architects Lahdelma & Mahlamäki
The design area is located by the railway, at the junction of City of Oulu’s urban fabric, where the low and small-scale district of Puu-Raksila meets with the more high-rising city centre. The design joins together these two different scales and construction methods, which, at the same time, creates an areal entity with a distinctive and attractive identity.
Image Courtesy © Brick Visual
- Architects: Architects Lahdelma & Mahlamäki + Architects m3
- Project: Oulu Travel Centre
- Location: Oulu, Finland
- Rendering: Brick Visual
- Team: Ilmari Lahdelma,Rainer Mahlamäki, Janne Pihlajaniemi, Kari Nykänen, Jukka Savolainen, Petri Saarelainen, Teemu Seppälä, Laura Iivarinen, Heidi Siitonen, Taavi Henttonen, Joona Hulmi, Julius Seniunas, Cristian Stoian, Hanna Kosunen, Ville Rautiainen.
- Landscape architecture: Maisema-arkkitehtitoimisto Näkymä Oy
- Traffic Planner: Plaana Oy
- Cost Consultant and Real Estate: Rakennusinsinööritoimisto Rimako Oy
- Gross floor areas:
- Residential blocks: 65 000 m2
- Office buildings: 10 000 m2
- Travel Services Centre: 32 800 m2
- Results: January 2017
Friday, January 27th, 2017
Article source: MANDAWORKS
The team of MANDAWORKS and SCHAUMAN & NORDGREN ARCHITECTS are now officially announced winners of the open international competition organized by the city of Tampere for the Hiedanranta city district in Tampere, Finland. The Jury awarded the proposal, ’Hiedanranta Innovation Bay’ with a shared first prize.
The Innovation Spine and its public life. Mandaworks and Schauman & Nordgren Architects, Image Courtesy © Mandaworks + Schauman & Nordgren Architects
- Architects: Mandaworks + Schauman & Nordgren Architects
- Project: Hiedanranta Innovation bay
- Location: Tampere, Finland
- Client: City of Tampere
- Collaborators: Traffic consultant Jouni Lehtomaa
- Assignment: Urban Design and City Planning
- Size: 1.500.000 m2 bilt area, 246 Hectares land-area
Thursday, January 19th, 2017
Article source: CAZA Architects
CAZA (Carlos Arnaiz Architects), a Brooklyn-based architecture and design firm with offices in Bogotá, Colombia; Lima, Peru; and Manila, Philippines, is pleased to announce the opening of the City Center Tower located in downtown metro Manila. With construction completed this month, the 27-story-tall mixed-use building will feature three floors of commercial retail and dining space while also serving as the corporate offices for several prominent international companies.
Image Courtesy © Frank Callaghan
- Architects: CAZA Architects
- Project: City Center Tower
- Location: Manila, Philippines
- Photography: Frank Callaghan
Wednesday, December 28th, 2016
Article source: OMGEVING cvba
The Antwerp based design company OMGEVING, member of the B-DNA partnership and for this competition named ‘OMG-designers and partners’, was awarded the joint first prize in the prestigious international design competition for Han Riverfront Da Nang City. The jury decided to select two laureates out of seven accepted applicants.
The city of Da Nang is located in central Vietnam and consists of five districts. These districts cover a total surface area of 1,250 km² and have a total population of about one million inhabitants. The city of Da Nang, characterized by its two coastlines along the East Sea and the Han River Delta in the city centre, is currently in a state of vast economic expansion and urban development.
Image Courtesy © OMGEVING cvba
- Architects: OMGEVING cvba
- Project: International landscape design competition for Han river
- Location: Da Nang, Vietnam
- Client: Vietnam Institute of Architecture
- Team: Amedeo Ardolino, Andries Deconinck, Carolien Decq, Daphné Roels, Hang Zhang, Luc Wallays, Kevin Favere, Steven Petit
- Partners: HUNI architectes (France – Vietnam), Boydens Engineering (Belgium – Vietnam), Ney&partners (Belgium – Vietnam) en Hydroscan (België)
- Surface area: 2.2 hectare
- Date of design: 2016
- Realisation from: 2017
Wednesday, June 29th, 2016
Article source: ON-A
Located in a strategic point in the city of Riyadh, close to the business district and the city center, this large hotel complex of 610 meters, is a skyscraper that includes the spa and health services, sky bar-restaurant, executive club, business center, apartments and conference center. Also includes within its program three interstitial floors with gardens that work as windbreaks at strategic points, thanks to the same aerodynamic shape. Within the conceptual design, there are mechanisms of renewable energy located in the façade and following a modular panel system, designed parametrically. Each panel incorporates turbines that geometrically varies the diameter of the opening in order to enhance the natural ventilation cooling system, that works at the same time with the rainwater collection. The podium structure houses the hotel amenities and conference facilities and links the building to its surroundings at the pedestrian level. Also the podium incorporates a multipurpose hall, restaurants and extensive outdoor gardens surrounding the project located in the middle of a water mirror.
Image Courtesy © ON-A
- Architects: ON-A
- Project: THE BLADE
- Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Creative director: Jordi Fernández, Eduardo Gutiérrez
- Executive director: Eduardo Gutiérrez
- Team: Luka Kreze, Marc Canut, Nicolás Millán and Georgina Morales
- Area: 320.000 m2
- Project: 2016
Thursday, February 18th, 2016
Article source: Emmanuel COMBAREL Dominique MARREC Architectes (ECDM)
The immediate proximity of the future heart of the city constituted of businesses and dwellings forces us to sanctuarize the square of the City Hall and to distinguish an external extension, a place which offers dignity and readability to the City Hall.
Image Courtesy © Benoit Fougeirol