Archive for the ‘City Center’ Category
Wednesday, December 28th, 2016
Article source: OMGEVING cvba
The Antwerp based design company OMGEVING, member of the B-DNA partnership and for this competition named ‘OMG-designers and partners’, was awarded the joint first prize in the prestigious international design competition for Han Riverfront Da Nang City. The jury decided to select two laureates out of seven accepted applicants.
The city of Da Nang is located in central Vietnam and consists of five districts. These districts cover a total surface area of 1,250 km² and have a total population of about one million inhabitants. The city of Da Nang, characterized by its two coastlines along the East Sea and the Han River Delta in the city centre, is currently in a state of vast economic expansion and urban development.
Image Courtesy © OMGEVING cvba
- Architects: OMGEVING cvba
- Project: International landscape design competition for Han river
- Location: Da Nang, Vietnam
- Client: Vietnam Institute of Architecture
- Team: Amedeo Ardolino, Andries Deconinck, Carolien Decq, Daphné Roels, Hang Zhang, Luc Wallays, Kevin Favere, Steven Petit
- Partners: HUNI architectes (France – Vietnam), Boydens Engineering (Belgium – Vietnam), Ney&partners (Belgium – Vietnam) en Hydroscan (België)
- Surface area: 2.2 hectare
- Date of design: 2016
- Realisation from: 2017
Wednesday, June 29th, 2016
Article source: ON-A
Located in a strategic point in the city of Riyadh, close to the business district and the city center, this large hotel complex of 610 meters, is a skyscraper that includes the spa and health services, sky bar-restaurant, executive club, business center, apartments and conference center. Also includes within its program three interstitial floors with gardens that work as windbreaks at strategic points, thanks to the same aerodynamic shape. Within the conceptual design, there are mechanisms of renewable energy located in the façade and following a modular panel system, designed parametrically. Each panel incorporates turbines that geometrically varies the diameter of the opening in order to enhance the natural ventilation cooling system, that works at the same time with the rainwater collection. The podium structure houses the hotel amenities and conference facilities and links the building to its surroundings at the pedestrian level. Also the podium incorporates a multipurpose hall, restaurants and extensive outdoor gardens surrounding the project located in the middle of a water mirror.
Image Courtesy © ON-A
- Architects: ON-A
- Project: THE BLADE
- Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Creative director: Jordi Fernández, Eduardo Gutiérrez
- Executive director: Eduardo Gutiérrez
- Team: Luka Kreze, Marc Canut, Nicolás Millán and Georgina Morales
- Area: 320.000 m2
- Project: 2016
Thursday, February 18th, 2016
Article source: Emmanuel COMBAREL Dominique MARREC Architectes (ECDM)
The immediate proximity of the future heart of the city constituted of businesses and dwellings forces us to sanctuarize the square of the City Hall and to distinguish an external extension, a place which offers dignity and readability to the City Hall.
Image Courtesy © Benoit Fougeirol
Saturday, January 16th, 2016
Article source: ARHI GRUP
Hotel Mercure Bucharest City Center is a building with a story behind. The story appeared as a design consequence and has been further used as a feature for the hotel, which is a story-telling type.
Image Courtesy © Cosmin DRAGOMIR
- Architects: ARHI GRUP, George MIHALACHE, Bogdan STOICA
- Project: Hotel Mercure Bucharest City Center
- Location: Bucharest, Romania
- Photography: Cosmin DRAGOMIR
- Structural Design: Zagaican Birou de Structuri
- MEP Design: MC General Construct
- General Contractor: CONARG (local Romanian company)
- MEP Contractor: MODULEX GROUP (local Romanian company)
- GBA: 6500 sq m
- Year : 2015
Sunday, December 20th, 2015
Article source: Morphogenesis
Located at the entrance of the 400-acre Uttorayon Township, the City Centre attempts to create a much-needed, organized commercial district for the city of Siliguri. It is positioned as an interface between the township and the city that envisages a new destination for the local community and emerges as an urban landscape in between the offices and commercial components of the master plan.
Image Courtesy © Morphogenesis
- Architects: Morphogenesis
- Project: City Centre
- Location: Siliguri, India
- Software used: AutoCAD and Sketch up
Wednesday, July 1st, 2015
Article source: SOMA architects
Aura, the new city center for Erbil, creates an iconic skyline in vein with that of major metropolitan areas. The design uses the diagram of an equalizer to achieve an iconic skyline, and ultimate flexibility of program and area distribution. The buildings form two wings which embrace the parkland in between, allowing for not only for a dynamic landscape within the park, but also maximizing the natural light and ventilation into the park and underground retail center. The landscape within this park is designed using a series of interchangeable modules which act as pools, tree planters, pavilions, and grass panels. These intensive operations resulted in a matrix that not only directed the physical implementation of each wing, guided the carve-out of their massing, but also laid out their interior partitioning and their exterior landscaping. The consequence of this unique system of modular variation across all levels and all scales results in perfect alignments between interior and exterior spaces. In summary, this unifying system, or matrix, successfully unites landscaping, architectural and interior design in one operation.
Image Courtesy © SOMA architects
- Architects: SOMA architects
- Project: Aura
- Location: Erbil, Iraq
- Principal: Michel Abboud
- Partner: Leo Sguera
- Lead Designers: Steven Townsend, Fady Stefan
- Key Staff: Wissam Salameh, Kamil Czarnecki, Adel Dagher, Therese Makhlouf, Aline Raad, Carla Saad, Yong Ju Lee, Nader El Khoury, Marwan Saliba, Sam Nassar, Fadi Castronovo, Mira Naji
- Gross Floor Area: 200,000 Square Meters
- Setting: Urban
- Status: In Construction
Tuesday, May 19th, 2015
Article source: Zaha Hadid Architects (ZHA)
From a client brief that originally called for 12 homogenous residential towers, Zaha Hadid Architects (ZHA) has proposed an alternative community-orientated design comprised of a low-rise, yet high-density residential building of 981 apartments with accommodation around three sides of the rectangular site. Each side of the building has been shaped to optimize its environmental orientation, creating a sequence of interconnected internal and external courtyards, gardens and public spaces for both residents and neighbours.
Image Courtesy © Zaha Hadid Architects (ZHA)
- Architects: Zaha Hadid Architects (ZHA)
- Project: Esfera City Center
- Location: Monterrey, Mexico
- Client: Citelis, Organización Ramírez
- Architectural Design (ZHA): Zaha Hadid with Patrik Schumacher
- Project Director (ZHA): Juan Ignacio Aranguren C.
- Project Architect (ZHA): Andrés Arias Madrid
- Project Team (ZHA): Sofia Amodio, Pierandrea Angius, Megan Burke, Cristina Capanna, Gerry Cruz, Johannes Elias, Veronica Erspamer, Gianni Giuffrida, Marco Guardincerri, Soomeen Hahm, Lisa Hofbauer, Julia Hyoun Hee Na, Stefano Iacopini, Lisa Kinnerud, Alexandre Kuroda, Mariagrazia Lanza, Carolina López-Blanco, Milica Pihler-Mirjanic, Sobitha Ravichandran, Kate Revyakina, Yitzhak Samun, Ricardo Sosa-Mejia, Ana Wang Zuñiga, Fei Wang, Fulvio Wirz, Paolo Zilli. (more…)
Saturday, April 4th, 2015
Article source: Foster + Partners
Lord Foster has attended opening celebrations in Buenos Aires today for the new Buenos Aires Ciudad Casa de Gobierno, a sustainable new city hall for the Mayor and 1,500 staff – and the practice’s first civic project in Argentina. Spanning an entire city block in Parque Patricios, the building is a catalyst for the regeneration of the neighbourhood and combines an environmentally efficient design with an innovative, highly flexible internal arrangement of terraced working floors.
Image Courtesy © Foster + Partners
- Architects: Foster + Partners
- Project: Official opening of new city hall in Buenos Aires
- Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina (more…)
Wednesday, February 11th, 2015
Article source: 100architects
This project is located in Shanghai, on East Nanjing road’s Century Square, the most famous and glamorous pedestrian street in the “heart” of the city center.
The essence of this street is its commercial status, which was historically developed as a link between East and West, connecting directly the port with the city, therefore used as the principal trading platform, becoming a cultural and social active axis.
Image Courtesy © 100architects
- Architects: 100architects
- Project: Red Carpet
- Location: Shanghai, China
- Software used: Rhino 5.0, AutoCad 2014, Photoshop
Thursday, January 15th, 2015
Article source: Banker Wire Mesh
Aggressive revitalization and community development projects have transformed Greenville, S.C. into one of America’s best downtowns, according to Forbes Magazine. A shade structure in its new ONE City Plaza, composed of Banker Wire mesh, embodies the city’s identity and encourages passers-by to enjoy the public space.
Image Courtesy © Banker Wire Mesh
- Architects: 4240 Architects
- Project: ONE City Plaza, Greenville’s pedestrian-only city center