Archive for the ‘City Center’ Category
Thursday, October 24th, 2013
Article source: Incite Design
Detroit is a unique city in so many ways. It has a rich heritage but has perhaps more important in our view is its potential for embracing new ways of inhabiting spaces. Our goal was to bring the vibrancy and possibility back to the city in the form of a structure that brings together ingenuity and thoughtfulness to this site. We wanted to look forward to the promise of something re-imagined but also acknowledge what was there before and propose as part of the project a digital repository where citizens can contribute to the shared memories.
Image Courtesy © Incite Design
- Architects: Incite Design
- Project: Energizing Downtown
- Location: Detroit
- Architect: Jeffrey Veffer
Tuesday, October 15th, 2013
Article source: AllesWirdGut Architektur ZT GmbH
Conversions of old city centers into traffic-free shopping and tourists’ malls have frequently been performed according to trite recipes. The shops’ increase in turnover mostly stands in opposite to the commercial alienation of old structures – a process of ‘gentrification’ in which old substance is scenically pepped up, while local societies are hollowed out and superseded.
Image Courtesy © Hertha Hurnaus
- Architects: AllesWirdGut Architektur ZT GmbH
- Project: FUZI pedestrian Candido
- Location: Innichen, Italy
- Photography: Hertha Hurnaus, AllesWirdGut
- Customer: Community Innichen – San Candido, Pflegplatz I-39038 San Candido – San Candido
- Start of planning Competition: 08/1999
- Completion: 1 Phase, 07/2002, 2 phase 07.2003
- Nettogrundrißfläche: 6.300m ²
- General Planning: AllesWirdGut architecture ZT GmbH
- Employee: Gilles Delalex, Frank Müller, Jan Schröder, Martin Brandt, Sebastian Gretzer
- Special experts: Site office assistant supervision Brunico
Thursday, September 19th, 2013
Article source: Henning Larsen Architects
Henning Larsen Architects in collaboration with Tema Landscape Architects Sweden, WSP Engineers Sweden and UiWE Cultural Designers have won the competition for a new city hall in Kiruna in Northern Sweden. The city hall will mark the beginning of the development of an entirely new city centre in Kiruna.
Image Courtesy © Henning Larsen Architects
Tuesday, September 17th, 2013
Article source: NÜVİST ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN
Municipal corporation sare public-service utilities which meets the requirement for general public individual or common on the area of city surrounding. In this context, all global effects of technologies, changing for getting information in the modern world and also production and consumption need sare the symbols of contemporary figures on places fortoday’s world. So our major principle is to create a modern center space for relationship between public and municipal corporations.
Image Courtesy © NÜVİST ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN
- Architects: NÜVİST ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN
- Project: CITY HALL FOR DENIZLI
- Location: Istanbul, Turkey
- Year: 2009
- For: Denizli Metropolitan Municipality
- Site: 8945 m²
- Building: 7000 m²
- Software used: Autocad and 3ds Max
Sunday, August 25th, 2013
Article source: tvsdesign
An all-new landmark in Music City’s iconic downtown will open its doors May 19. At 1.2 million square feet of convention center area, Music City Center will give Nashville a bigger stage to host larger conventions and meetings and, ultimately, to make a greater impact on the economy of the city and state.
Image Courtesy © tvsdesign
- Architects: tvsdesign
- Project: Music City Center
- Location: Nashville, Tennessee
- Client: Nashville Metropolitan Development and Housing Agency
- Project area: 1,200,000 sf
- Project features: 370,000 sf exhibit halls, 60,000 sf ballrooms, 120,000 sf meeting rooms
- Associated architects: Tuck Hinton Architects, Moody Nolan, Inc.
- Project Opens: 2013
- Services provided: Architectural and interior design services
- Dates: 2009 – 2013
- Team Members: Robert Svedberg, Robert Bielamowicz
- Initial budget: $415,000,000
- Final budget: $585,000,000
Saturday, May 18th, 2013
Article source: BIG – Bjarke Ingels Group
BIG together with West 8, Fentress, JPA and developers Portman CMC proposes Miami Beach Square as the centerpiece of their 52 acre Convention Center.
Miami Beach is a unique city in so many ways. It is one of the youngest cities in America – and perhaps right now one of the most vibrant and dynamic. Its street-scape is characterized by a lively walkable urban fabric with a friendly human scaled environment under the cool shade of tropical trees and art deco canopies – except at the convention center.
Image courtesy BIG – Bjarke Ingels Group
Thursday, May 16th, 2013
Article source: Edgley Design
Our proposal aims to improve the social function and attractiveness of Duke of York square. The café is a bold and distinct formal proposition, framed by and reacting to the particular scale, proportion and environmental conditions of the historic site. Recessed landscaping extends the café’s seating into the surrounding pavement.
Image courtesy Edgley Design
- Architects: Edgley Design
- Project: Cadogan Cafe
- Location: Chelsea, UK
Sunday, May 12th, 2013
Article source: Sasaki Associates
TechTown—an emerging knowledge district in Midtown Detroit—is currently characterized by surface parking, vacant properties, and inward-facing, siloed hubs of activity. The TechTown District Plan-articulates an inspiring vision for the revitalization of the district. Developed by Sasaki Associates in collaboration with Midtown Detroit Inc. and U3 Ventures,the plan accelerates innovation, promotes entrepreneurship, and builds community around the generation of ideas in a vibrant, mixed-use setting.
Image Courtesy Sasaki Associates
- Architects: Sasaki Associates
- Project: TechTown District Plan
- Location: Detroit, MI, USA
- Client: Midtown Detroit Inc.
- Completion date: 02/2013
- Size: 149 acres
2013 SCUP Excellence in Planning Merit Award
2013 BSLA Merit Award
Blaine Merker, Rebar Group Inc.
Mike Lydon, The Street Plans Collaborative
Anthony Townsend, Institute for the Future
Scott Page, Interface Studio
- Owner’s advisor: U3 Ventures
Saturday, May 11th, 2013
Article source: MVRDV
Sincere Property, MVRDV and Aedas have started construction on a Central Business District at Shanghai’s mostly domestic airport Hongqiao. The 4.5ha site is located near Hongqiao Airport train station at the corner of Shenhai Express Way and Shenbin Road. The plan comprises ten office towers, an underground shopping centre, cultural program, parking and a sunken plaza which will bring a more intimate form of urban life into an area currently dominated by large boulevards and urban expressway’s. The project’s completion is planned for 2015.
Image courtesy MVRDV
- Architects: MVRDV
- Project: Hongqiao Business District Winning Proposal
- Location: Shanghai, China
Friday, May 3rd, 2013
Article source: Atelier Filippini
The project consists in the renovation of the current city hall in the city of Illkirch, France, taking into account a contemporary re-interpretation of the existing facades, as well as the creation of a new entrance volume which enhances the image of the city, and communicates a modern image of this administration.
Image courtesy Atelier Filippini
- Architects: Atelier Filippini
- Project: City Hall of Illkirch-Graffenstaden
- Location: Illkirch, France