Archive for the ‘City Center’ Category
Friday, February 22nd, 2013
Article source: HWCD
International architecture practice, HWCD has developed a series of mixed-used towers located at Yangtze River Delta. The team of The Nanjing Studio 14 submitted the project as part of a competition to establish an important hub in the center of Nanjing, capital of the Jiangsu province.
Image Courtesy HWCD
- Architects: HWCD
- Project: Nanjing Studio 14
- Location: Nanjing, China
- Client: Studio 14 Research Institute of Electronic Technology Group
- Owner: China Electronics Technology Group Corporation 14 Research Institute
- Design Firm: HWCD
- Design Director: Sun Wei
- Design Team: Huang Shui-ying, Qu Himalayan Chen Yun Kim, Feng Ruoqian, Matyas Simonyi, David Valent, Adon Buckley, Octavio Gonzales
- Completed: May 2012
Friday, February 22nd, 2013
Article source: AG5
AG5 won, in an invited competition, the commission to revitalize and extend Nørrebrohallen (previously tram sheds) i Copenhagen. In a close dialogue with the users of the sports facilities the centre expanded its programme to meet the needs of a broader range of guests. The main entrance is now aligned with the adjacent square, Superkilen, and became the centerpiece for the local district with new functions such as café, multifunctional zones and digital displays.
Image Courtesy Søren Nielsen
- Architects: AG5
- Project: Nørrebrohallen
- Location: Nørrebro, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Status: Completed
- Client: Copenhagen Council
- Engineer: Buro Happold
- Branding: Punktum Design
- Consultant: Antropologerne.com
- Budget: 15 mio. kr.
- Year: 2009 – 2012
- Software used: Bentley Microstation
Wednesday, February 20th, 2013
Article source: AART Architects
The activity and outdoor centre frames the outdoor life of Hindsgavl Nature Reserve and contributes to merge social relations with outdoor recreation. The activity and outdoor centre is located at Hindsgavl Nature Reserve in Denmark and is designed as an inspiring site for a wide range of outdoor activities. The design of the building supports the outdoor community spirit in all kinds of weather and all hours of the day, and the intention is to create an inspiring activity spot for the many aspects of outdoor life by reinforcing the relation between inside and outside and creating a significant architecture that interacts with the surrounding landscape.
Image Courtesy AART Architects
- Architects: AART Architects
- Project: Activity and Outdoor Centre
- Location: Gals Klint Vej, Hindsgavl, Middelfart, Denmark
- Status: Completed in 2012
- Size: 500 m2
- Client: Middelfart Municipality
- Engineer: Rønslev Andersen A/S
- Consultant: Miljøforum Fyn
Monday, February 18th, 2013
Article source: Brenner + Kritzinger Architekten
Kappl is a small village in the mountains of Tyrol in Austria. The main task of this project was to create an attractive village square between the existing church and a nearly 40 º inclined slope. The new buildings were thus situated as to form a U-shaped outside space with the church adding the southern closure.
Image Courtesy © Birgit Köll
- Architects: Brenner + Kritzinger Architekten
- Project: Village Center
- Location: Kappl, Tyrol, Austria
- Photography: Birgit Köll
- Property size: 4.200 m²
- Total built volume: 26.000 m3
- Client: community of Kappl
- Completion: 2010
- Software used: ArchiCAD
Wednesday, February 6th, 2013
Article source: ENOTA
The backbone of the new central market is formed by the covered Market Street, which lies on the level of main city square and connects the two spots closest to it on both access streets. The programme of the new central market is thus divided into two floors, one on the level of main square and the other on the level of Florjanov Square on the other side of the city block. The lower floor is partially dug in and features indoor trading and service surfaces, while the upper floor
is intended for the covered market and opens to all sides.
Image Courtesy ENOTA
- Architects: ENOTA
- Project: Novo Mesto Central Market
- Location: Novo Mesto, Slovenia
- Type: Invited competition
- Year: 2012
- Status: idea
- Size: 1.644 m2
- Client: Novo Mesto Municipality
- Project team: Dean Lah, Milan Tomac, Andrej Oblak, Alja Černe, Tjaž Bauer, Polona Ruparčič, Karmen Bovha, Nebojša Vertovšek
Wednesday, December 19th, 2012
Article source: Atelier 37.2
This field was set on a pedestrian square, in front of a church, in the city centre of Torino for the Architettura in citta Festival. This installation is composed of eleven “proteiforme” wooden sculptures partly filled with soil. Although each sculpture seems to share the same DNA, they are all unique.
Image Courtesy Atelier 37.2
- Architects: Atelier 37.2
- Project: The Field
- Location: Turin, Italy
Thursday, November 29th, 2012
Article source: HHD_FUN Architects
LanQiao clubhouse is located on the south part of the 2km long Shanhaitian beach park in Rizhao, east China. The 1150 square meter building includes saunas, cafe, and an outdoor swimming pool. Each facility is uniquely functioned so together can provide a complete touristic experience to its visitors.
Image Courtesy Zhenfei Wang, Chenggui Wang
- Architects: HHD_FUN Architects
- Project: LanQiao Clubhouse
- Location: Rizhao, China
- Photography: Zhenfei Wang, Chenggui Wang
- Interior: HHD_FUN
- LDI: HHD & XinChao Design
- Civil Engineer: H&J International
- Façade Consultant: FUDA
Wednesday, November 28th, 2012
Article source: Shma Company Limited
Being the first up-scale shopping mall in Chiang Rai, Central Plaza provides a generous outdoor space for the public to enjoy. Our proposal presents this space as a cultural plaza and park that embraces native culture and identity with various activities to enrich local suburban life.
Image Courtesy © Wison Tungthanya
- Architects: Shma Company Limited
- Project: Central Plaza Chiang Rai
- Location: Chiang Rai, Thailand
- Photography: Wison Tungthanya
- Design Director: Prapan Napawongdee
- Landscape Architect: Chanon Wangkachonkiat
- Client& Developer: Central Pattana Public Company Limited.
- Project Type : Retail
- Site Area : 7,780 sqm.
- Completion Year : 2011
Wednesday, November 28th, 2012
Article source: WXY Architecture + Urban Design
WXY Architecture + Urban Design was one of three distinguished firms invited by New York City’s Municipal Arts Society to create a vision for the future of the public areas around Grand Central Terminal and the surrounding East Midtown district. With deep experience in civic projects, the firm has proposed opening up more public space to city dwellers and visitors for enjoyment and reflection. The plan would also create inviting thoroughfares devoted to pedestrians and bicycle riders.
Tower-Skylight : Image Courtesy WXY Architecture + Urban Design
Saturday, November 24th, 2012
Article source: de Architekten Cie.
The Dadong Arts Center is located in Kaohsiung, the economic center of southern Taiwan. Before the opening of Chinato foreign markets,Taiwan was the leading economy of the region. Towns developed into a generic industrial city fabric without adequate public spaces. Currently, the strong brand of ‘Made in Taiwan’ is in the process of being restored to its former glory. The cities urgently need pleasant urban space to help regenerating inner-city districts. Therefore, the Dadong Arts Center is conceived in the first place as a new public domain, setting new high standards for the level of urban comfort.
Image Courtesy Mr Ke
- Architects: de Architekten Cie. + Malone Chang & Yu-Lin Chen
- Project: Dadong Art Center
- Location: Kaohsiung, Taiwan
- Photography: Branimir Medic, Mr Ke
- Client: Kaohsiung City Government
- Project Team: V. Ulrich, T. Cheng, C. Hayman, J. Lee, L. Cvetko, H. Gladys, C. Eickelberg, M. A. Rival, A. van Gelderen, R. Garritsen
- Structural Engineer: Arup Amsterdam + Tien-Hun Engineering Consultant Inc.
- Acoustics Consultant: Peutz & Associates + Gade & Mortensen Akustikk + Prof. Wei/Hwa Chiang NTUST
- Environment Technology Consultant: Hander Engineering & Construction Inc. + I.S. Lin & Associates