Archive for the ‘City’ Category
Thursday, October 20th, 2016
Article source: Girimun
The regeneration of the central landscape piece of the Business Technology Park in the heart of Zhongguancun will give place to this unique destination of shopping, entertainment, gardens and outdoor events. The four-storey development integrates with the landscape forming a new gentle topography for the site amongst indoor and outdoor spaces and activities. A sinuous spine circulation leads to atriums and event spaces associated with theme clusters such as Technology, Fashion, Entertainment, Convenience, Sport, Family & Kids and Education.
Image Courtesy © Girimun
- Architects: Girimun
- Project: Crystal City Zhongguancun
- Location: Beijing, China
- Client: Guangyao Dongfang
- Size: 310,000 sq mt
- Design: 2014
Tuesday, January 13th, 2015
Article source: Vincent Callebaut
FOR A SUSTAINABLE, DENSE AND CONNECTED CITY
Following the Climate Energy Plan of Paris aimed at reducing 75% of the greenhouse gas emissions within 2050, the « 2050 PARIS SMART CITY » project is a research and development work on the integration of high-rise buildings with plus-energy (BEPOS) producing by solidarity all together energy for the surrounding areas. In order to fight against the urban heat-island phenomenon by increasing in the same time the density of the city in the long-term, this study presents 8 prototypes of mixed towers. These towers repatriate the nature in the heart of the city and integrate from their design the rules of bioclimatism and the renewable and recyclable energies in short loop through innovative systems. Turned to new social innovations, they invent first new eco-responsible ways of life to implement the quality of life of the city-dwellers in the respect of the environment.
Image Courtesy © Vincent Callebaut
Thursday, May 29th, 2014
Article source: LUCA CURCI ARCHITECTS
Luca Curci architects studio has designed a landmark for the United Arab Emirates skyline with an innovative project based on the concept of “Organic Cities”. The organic buildings become part of the new megalopolis, merging and mixing residential elements with business divisions, shopping life with wellness areas, cultural places with social life. The aim is to create a common place where people can live, meet, learn, work, socialize and create new mixing cultures.
Image Courtesy © LUCA CURCI ARCHITECTS
- Architects: LUCA CURCI ARCHITECTS
- Project: Organic Cities
- Location: United Arab Emirates
- Collaborators: Arch. Andrea Colangiuli, Arch. Nicola Boccadoro, Designer Wafa Chawachi
Saturday, February 8th, 2014
Article source: KSP Jürgen Engel Architekten
1st prize for the design of the Meixi Urban Helix in Changsha by KSP Jürgen Engel Architekten | The symbolic structure is a vantage point, high-rise walkway, and the new landmark of the expanded city.
In Changsha, the capital of Hunan Province in south-eastern China, KSP Jürgen Engel Architekten International won out against international com-petitors (Archea Associati, Florence /Beijing und Cox Architecture, Sydney, Australia) in the architecture competition – with its concept for the Meixi Urban Helix. In the two-stage competition, participation in which was by invitation only, the design submitted by the German architects, who have a branch in Beijing, was awarded first prize.
Image Courtesy © KSP Jürgen Engel Architekten
- Architects: KSP Jürgen Engel Architekten
- Project: Changsha Meixi Lake City Island
- Location: China
- Area: approx. 20.000 square meters
- Spiral length: approx. 1 kilometer
- Height: 34 meters
- Diameter: approx. 88 meters
- Competition: Jan/2014, 1st prize
- Completion: 2015
Saturday, November 30th, 2013
Article source: heri&salli
The architecture office heri&salli from Vienna developed for the city “Strasshof an der Nordbahn”, located north of Vienna, different urban developments.
If the inventors of Strasshof, could have had their way the city on the northern railway line today could be the “biggest and most beautiful city” of Lower Austria, planned on an orthogonal street grid following the US-example – unique for Austria. A garden as well as an industrial city that was to be developed in 1908 after the construction of the shunting station in the surrounding area on the Strasserfeld. Because of the political history of Austria this plan never could be realized, only the planned street grid remained and became the basis of the building structure we find nowadays in Strasshof. Today we have to accept that the conception of the city has failed.
Image Courtesy © heri&salli
- Architects: heri&salli
- Project: IMAGINATION CITY
- Location: Strasshof an der Nordbahn, Austria
- Silkscreen: Larissa Leverenz
- Technic: transfer print, silkscreen, Collage on paper
- Size: 80, 60cm
- Finished: october 2013
Saturday, June 15th, 2013
Article source: SBA International
The German architectural office SBA in Stuttgart wins the first prize for the new City Cluster of the future. The new multipolar city with the “International Automobile City”, which incorporates the existing BMW plant (Tiexi factory) into the landscape, is organized in several theme areas.
Image Courtesy © SBA International
- Architects: SBA International
- Project: Shenyang International Automobile City
- Location: Shenyang, China
- Design team: Cathrin Fischer, Markus Meissner, Reinhard Braun, Hans Hellmann, Tan Dongyue, Mareen Brinkmann,Qi Yijun, Zhou Jie, Zuo Fei, Wang Hui
- Energy concept: Clean City Concept
- Client: Economic Development Zone Sub-office of Shenyang Bureau of Planning and Land Resource
- Planning target: New Town with a network of center structures
- Total area: 91 km2
- Water area: 9 km2
- GFA: 92 Mio. m2
- Software used: AutoCad, InDesign, Photoshop, 3ds max, SketchUp
Thursday, June 13th, 2013
Article source: Eugenio Aglietti
Shanghai is one of the Chinese cities with the highest levels of CO2 emissions per capita and held the lead as the biggest carbon dioxide emitter between 2004 and 2007. Another problem that affects the city relates with the quality of water, which is severely contaminated: about 80% of the water comes from the Huangpu river, one of the most polluted rivers in the world.
Image Courtesy © Eugenio Aglietti
- Architects: Eugenio Aglietti
- Project: VetiVertical
- Location: Longhua East Road, Shanghai, China
- Competition: eVolo Skyscrapers Year: 2013
- Type: mixed-use skyscraper
- Building area: 55.600 sqm
Tuesday, June 11th, 2013
Article source: Peter Ruge Architekten
Green Health City is an ecologically sustainable development designed to support and promote the condition of physical and emotional human health. Situated in China’s Hainan Province in Boao Lecheng on the Wanquan River, five island districts bring together world-class medical facilities, employ new strategies for green energy production and rethink transportation networking to achieve a sustainable urban prototype. Pathways toward a sustainable future are forged through strong ties to local identity and respect for history. By establishing a cross-disciplinary and inter-cultural approach to design that is routed in China’s long history, a comprehensive and well considered scheme is achieved.
Image Courtesy © Peter Ruge Architekten
- Architects: Peter Ruge Architekten
- Project: Green Health City
- Location: Boao Lecheng, Hainan, China
- Client: China Power International New Energy Holding LTD, 570216 Haikou, Hainan Province, P.R. China , Web: www.cpine.com.cn
- Project Partners: INFRAWIND EURASIA e.V. Berlin, Charité Berlin, Technische Universität Berlin
- Brief: Green Health City is an ecologically sustainable development designed to support and promote human health. Five island districts bring together world class medical facilities, implement new strategies for green energy production and rethink transportation networking to achieve a 100% co2 neutral footprint.
- Scope of services: Concept master planning, preliminary design of city districts, integrated transportation network planning, green energy concept development.
- Size: Total Area: 28 km²
- Duration: 2012-2013
- Presentations: United Nations RIO +20 Implementation Summit, Berlin, 2013,Asia Pacific Week, Berlin, 2013 , Boao Forum for Asia Annual Conference, Boao, 2013 (more…)
Thursday, May 16th, 2013
Article source: Spacescape
Developed by Spacescape, Airport City Stockholm, in cooperation with Swedavia Swedish Airports (state), Sigtuna municipality, and Arlandastad Holding (private real estate), has a new urban design strategy and urban plan that envisions a unique airport city which emphasizes urban qualities and places sustainability in focus. Such rapid expansion has placed distinct demands on planning, which has resulted in this collaborative effort. Creating these foundations, along with offering the world within walking distance, will increase value and attract even more people and businesses. More images and architects’ description after the break.
Image courtesy Sandell Sandberg
- Architects: Spacescape
- Project: Airport City Stockholm Urban Design Strategy Proposal
- Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Thursday, February 14th, 2013
Article source: Lemay Architect
After a global competition, the joint venture Formed by exp, Canadian Multidisciplinary firm of consultants, and lemay, one of the Most Important integrated design services Firms in Canada, HAS made history in Quebec by winning an international industry Launched by the competition agency management and regulation of urban land in Wilaya de Constantine Algeria. This competition Aimed at the realization of a major project in the city of Constantine, Algeria, of Approximately $ 2.4 billion ($ 2.4B), Including $ 1.57 billion ($ 1.57B) Devoted to the residential sector.
Image Courtesy Lemay
- Architects: Lemay Architect
- Project: The New city of El-Menia
- Location: Constantine, Algeria