Archive for the ‘City’ Category
Saturday, November 30th, 2013
Article source: heri&salli
The architecture office heri&salli from Vienna developed for the city “Strasshof an der Nordbahn”, located north of Vienna, different urban developments.
If the inventors of Strasshof, could have had their way the city on the northern railway line today could be the “biggest and most beautiful city” of Lower Austria, planned on an orthogonal street grid following the US-example – unique for Austria. A garden as well as an industrial city that was to be developed in 1908 after the construction of the shunting station in the surrounding area on the Strasserfeld. Because of the political history of Austria this plan never could be realized, only the planned street grid remained and became the basis of the building structure we find nowadays in Strasshof. Today we have to accept that the conception of the city has failed.
Image Courtesy © heri&salli
- Architects: heri&salli
- Project: IMAGINATION CITY
- Location: Strasshof an der Nordbahn, Austria
- Silkscreen: Larissa Leverenz
- Technic: transfer print, silkscreen, Collage on paper
- Size: 80, 60cm
- Finished: october 2013
Saturday, June 15th, 2013
Article source: SBA International
The German architectural office SBA in Stuttgart wins the first prize for the new City Cluster of the future. The new multipolar city with the “International Automobile City”, which incorporates the existing BMW plant (Tiexi factory) into the landscape, is organized in several theme areas.
Image Courtesy © SBA International
- Architects: SBA International
- Project: Shenyang International Automobile City
- Location: Shenyang, China
- Design team: Cathrin Fischer, Markus Meissner, Reinhard Braun, Hans Hellmann, Tan Dongyue, Mareen Brinkmann,Qi Yijun, Zhou Jie, Zuo Fei, Wang Hui
- Energy concept: Clean City Concept
- Client: Economic Development Zone Sub-office of Shenyang Bureau of Planning and Land Resource
- Planning target: New Town with a network of center structures
- Total area: 91 km2
- Water area: 9 km2
- GFA: 92 Mio. m2
- Software used: AutoCad, InDesign, Photoshop, 3ds max, SketchUp
Thursday, June 13th, 2013
Article source: Eugenio Aglietti
Shanghai is one of the Chinese cities with the highest levels of CO2 emissions per capita and held the lead as the biggest carbon dioxide emitter between 2004 and 2007. Another problem that affects the city relates with the quality of water, which is severely contaminated: about 80% of the water comes from the Huangpu river, one of the most polluted rivers in the world.
Image Courtesy © Eugenio Aglietti
- Architects: Eugenio Aglietti
- Project: VetiVertical
- Location: Longhua East Road, Shanghai, China
- Competition: eVolo Skyscrapers Year: 2013
- Type: mixed-use skyscraper
- Building area: 55.600 sqm
Tuesday, June 11th, 2013
Article source: Peter Ruge Architekten
Green Health City is an ecologically sustainable development designed to support and promote the condition of physical and emotional human health. Situated in China’s Hainan Province in Boao Lecheng on the Wanquan River, five island districts bring together world-class medical facilities, employ new strategies for green energy production and rethink transportation networking to achieve a sustainable urban prototype. Pathways toward a sustainable future are forged through strong ties to local identity and respect for history. By establishing a cross-disciplinary and inter-cultural approach to design that is routed in China’s long history, a comprehensive and well considered scheme is achieved.
Image Courtesy © Peter Ruge Architekten
- Architects: Peter Ruge Architekten
- Project: Green Health City
- Location: Boao Lecheng, Hainan, China
- Client: China Power International New Energy Holding LTD, 570216 Haikou, Hainan Province, P.R. China , Web: www.cpine.com.cn
- Project Partners: INFRAWIND EURASIA e.V. Berlin, Charité Berlin, Technische Universität Berlin
- Brief: Green Health City is an ecologically sustainable development designed to support and promote human health. Five island districts bring together world class medical facilities, implement new strategies for green energy production and rethink transportation networking to achieve a 100% co2 neutral footprint.
- Scope of services: Concept master planning, preliminary design of city districts, integrated transportation network planning, green energy concept development.
- Size: Total Area: 28 km²
- Duration: 2012-2013
- Presentations: United Nations RIO +20 Implementation Summit, Berlin, 2013,Asia Pacific Week, Berlin, 2013 , Boao Forum for Asia Annual Conference, Boao, 2013 (more…)
Thursday, May 16th, 2013
Article source: Spacescape
Developed by Spacescape, Airport City Stockholm, in cooperation with Swedavia Swedish Airports (state), Sigtuna municipality, and Arlandastad Holding (private real estate), has a new urban design strategy and urban plan that envisions a unique airport city which emphasizes urban qualities and places sustainability in focus. Such rapid expansion has placed distinct demands on planning, which has resulted in this collaborative effort. Creating these foundations, along with offering the world within walking distance, will increase value and attract even more people and businesses. More images and architects’ description after the break.
Image courtesy Sandell Sandberg
- Architects: Spacescape
- Project: Airport City Stockholm Urban Design Strategy Proposal
- Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Thursday, February 14th, 2013
Article source: Lemay Architect
After a global competition, the joint venture Formed by exp, Canadian Multidisciplinary firm of consultants, and lemay, one of the Most Important integrated design services Firms in Canada, HAS made history in Quebec by winning an international industry Launched by the competition agency management and regulation of urban land in Wilaya de Constantine Algeria. This competition Aimed at the realization of a major project in the city of Constantine, Algeria, of Approximately $ 2.4 billion ($ 2.4B), Including $ 1.57 billion ($ 1.57B) Devoted to the residential sector.
Image Courtesy Lemay
- Architects: Lemay Architect
- Project: The New city of El-Menia
- Location: Constantine, Algeria
Sunday, September 16th, 2012
Article source: Kjellgren Kaminsky Architecture
KKA presents two visionary cities of the future. These stories are raising questions on how we can coexist with the nature and technology surrounding us, what kind of spaces that are left for human life in an ever more congested world.
Once there was a city that moved underground. During many centuries it had spread over ever larger areas absorbing its neighbouring cities and eventually covering almost a whole continent with urban fabric. Food was grown in towers and warehouses, agricultural land and parks were too valuable not to be covered with buildings. With time the desire for nature grew stronger among the inhabitants; they dreamed of walking in a forest, going fishing, listening to birds, or climbing a mountain.
Image Courtesy © Kjellgren Kaminsky Architecture
Tuesday, June 5th, 2012
Article source: Ju-Hyun Kim, AIA
Design of new campus started with the introduction of 3 dimensionally “interwoven” space. Space for faculty and staff (office space) & space for students (studio and library) are interwoven to create variety of mutual activities at the in between plazas. Interweaving is not only happening between the space for faculty and space for students, but also with sunlight, trees and breezes.
- Architects: Ju-Hyun Kim, AIA
- Project: Pattern City
- Location: Delft, Netherland
- Subtitle: Design of new campus for the faculty of architecture of the Delft University of Technology (TU Delft)
- Project Area: 60,000 m2
- Year: 2009
- Type: Competition(Finalist in 1st Round)
- Inspiration: Erwin Hauer
- Software used: 3D Max, Rhino 3D, Vray, Autocad
Wednesday, May 23rd, 2012
Article source: UNStudio
Unstudio’s mixed-use Raffles City development is located near the Qiantang River in Hangzhou, the capital of Zhejiang province, located 180 kilometres southwest of Shanghai. With a city population of 1.69 million, Hangzhou is one of the most renowned and prosperous cities in China and is well known for its beautiful natural scenery, particularly in the West Lake area.
- Architects: UNStudio
- Project: Raffles City
- Location: Hangzhou, China
- Building surface: 389,489 m2
- Building site: 40,355m2
- Programme: Mixed-use, incorporating commercial buildings: Class A office buildings, five-star hotels and high end residential buildings.
- Status: Planned realisation 2014
Wednesday, May 23rd, 2012
Article source: Manuelle Gautrand Architecture
Europa City is an ambitious project based on the idea of creating an absolute must and stop place, at the national and international scale. The objective is to show and explain the European features, country by country, with a project mixing retail, leisure and cultural activities. Each European country is shown through a specific location.
Dedicated to the French but also to all the tourists who come to visit Europe, the goal is to give a first vision of Europe, before continuing the trip.
Image Courtesy Luxigon
- Architects: Manuelle Gautrand Architecture
- Project: Europa City
- Location: Triangle de Gonesse, France
- Client: Immochan
- Program: retails, shopping mall, leisure and cultural activities, indoor and outdoor sports activities, hotels, offices, convention center, a.s.o.
- Area: 600.000 sqm (building) + 700.000 sqm (landscape and outdoor activities)
- Dates: International competition – 2011-2012
- Consultant: Franck Boutté (Sustainable), D. Besson-Girard (Landscape), Troisième Pôle (Cultural Consultant), SNC Lavalin (Public space engineering), Vanguard (QS).
- Architectural team: Olivier Evrard, project manager
- Copyrights: Rendering: © Luxigon; plans, images, sketches: © Manuelle Gautrand Architecture